• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern [Mythic] Invincible Six: Origins

M.J. Saulnier

Semi-Retired User
This is a reboot of an RP I pitched three years ago.

full
full

Presents

full

full

The Setting
full
full

Citadel City is the primary location of the Mythic Universe. Located in the State of New York, Citadel is the world's largest, most advanced metropolis. It is heavily inspired by the city of New York. Resting along Lake Ontario, just east of Rochester, Citadel is a labyrinth of towering, state of the art skyscrapers and complex clusters of streets and buildings comprising the neighborhoods surrounding the downtown core. It boasts a diverse, multi-cultural population of 27.5 million. The city is home to several tech giants such as Global Tech, Thorne Enterprises, and Lancaster Industries.

Places of Interest

Thorne Tower
: Thorne Enterprises Headquarters. A towering skyscraper that sits along the waterfront.

Whitmore Tower: Located in the heart of the city, Whitmore Tower serves as the Headquarters of Global Tech.

Lancaster Plaza: Located downtown, Lancaster Plaza serves as the Headquarters of Lancaster Industries.

Olympia Tower: A private, secure building owned by the mysterious Mr. Jupiter.

Citadel Corrections Center: A rather generic maximum security prison for the housing of standard criminals.

Foxborough Juvenile Detention Center: Foxborough is a prison for youth. Located just outside of the city, it houses all detained youth from the area, and features its own meta ward.

Ravenhurst Correctional Facility: Ravenhurst is a super max security prison specially built for the housing of dangerous metahuman criminals. Many notorious villains have walked its halls, and some still do. It features a controversial program that seeks to rehabilitate certain metas, allowing them to be released back into the public.

The Plot

It is the summer of 2006. You are all residents of Citadel City, if not natives. You are six normal, average young citizens from different walks of life, and you are about to discover that you have super powers.

My character is Cory Costigan. He is a 17 year old foster child who has telekinetic abilities growing inside of him. He is a loner, alienated and tortured by his peers. Having this ability doesn't help him feel "normal" either. He decides to use the internet to create a chat room reaching out to other people with strange gifts similar to his own. It was a shot in the dark, just a hail marry. The result of a bad night, feeling more alone than he ever has, more frustrated and antsy than ever before. But he could have never anticipated that five individuals would take the very same risk of putting themselves out there to make contact.

In time they begin to meet in person, some taking more time and convincing than others. Once together, they help each other learn more about these powers and begin to become friends.

When a small team of super villains launch a covert operation to attack the city, our six young metas will accidentally stumble upon their nefarious plans and decide to take action. They will be forced to work together using their underdeveloped super powers to save Citadel City from certain doom, and become known as The Invincible Six!

The Heroes

This super team is special. They earn their press-given nickname from the collection of abilities they possess. When working together as a team, they boast an impressive array of abilities that make them just shy of invincible. But remove any given one of them, and they are weakened.

The Telekinetic: (Taken)
Gifted with the ability to move objects using only the mind.

The Telepath:
Gifted with the ability to read the thoughts and feeling of nearby individuals, as well as communicate using only the power of the mind.

The Dream Jumper: (Taken)
Gifted with the ability to enter dream scapes of nearby individuals.

The Elemental: (Taken)
Gifted with the ability to control the primal elements. Fire, water, air and earth. The elemental can manipulate these forces, as well as use them to control weather patterns and events.

The Tank:
Gifted with superhuman strength and endurance, the tank can exert physical strength far superior to that of any non-meta. They can also endure physical impacts and traumas far greater than any non-meta can.

The Speedster:
Gifted with superhuman speed and flight, the speedster can travel at speeds undetectable to the human eye, by both land and air.

The Villains

As a villain, you have the liberty to decide your own super powers.

The primary villain of Invincible Six is one of the most central villain characters the verse has to offer.

full
full

full
full

Allen Shaw has a long, complicated history in our universe. He is a scientist working for Global Tech, a member of the Shadow Temple, and a methodical super villain. Decades ago, Shaw was working under Johnathan Stokes developing a metahuman formula. The Stokes Forumla was a resounding success, but Johnathan betrayed the masters of Global Tech, and Shaw, when he destroyed his research and formula. Shaw spent the better part of the next decade developing his own knock-off formula. The Shaw variant is unstable, and sometimes kills the host. The powers it gives to those who survive vary widely, and sometimes come with undesirable side effects. He was the first recipient of his formula. Much to his disappointment, it only gave him one super power. The ability to steal powers from others.

Shaw has the ability to absorb super powers for a temporary period of time. The absorption is preformed upon physical contact. Either flesh to flesh, or flesh to materials covering the flesh of his targets. The absorption does not leave his target powerless, it merely emulates those powers within Shaw.

He is the mastermind of our villain plan, and again, the primary antagonist of the Invincible Six. Whether it be foiling his plans, or putting a stop to his Shaw Formula experiments, I6 will be a royal pain in his ass.

I will work on a sheet and watch the thread for interest in the meantime. Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
Seems like this will be filled up soon, so I'm going to post a sheet. I've chosen to keep it light for this one. Bare essentials only.

Name:
Alias:
Nicknames:
Alignment:
Resides:

Appearance:
(Use description if needed)

Backstory:

Personality/Mentality:

Powers:

Drawbacks/Limitations/Weaknesses:

Last edited:
I've made a tiny amendment to the sheet. When I trimmed the larger version down, I didn't think to remove the costume appearance section. Quite frankly, I can't see us suiting up just yet.

My deepest apologies to anyone who spent time searching for a costume appearance. If you have, hang onto it for now. More I6 RPs will be put together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back