• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Mystic Forest

As Victoria Creeped through the brush she heard voices, and she was sure someone cursed. It was dark and even with her flame she couldn't see a thing. Suddenly she bumped into something large that was made out of metal. When she made her flame larger, to get a better look it was that mecha and the boy who she saw before. afraid that they saw her use her power she quickly made her hand Into a fist to extinguish flame.

Kazuhiro Akamine

Kazuhiro jumped at the sudden sound, and the next moment a human was before them as if she had dropped from a tree. Her hair was a beautiful shade of red, but at the moment, she didn't appear to be in such a good condition. The cats began to exchange words that he didn't understand, but the cat named Kono seemed to understand the situation quite well.

"Hotaru, can you doing something about her?" Kazuhiro asked, worry creeping into his voice. He slowly walked over to the girl and took a breath as he gently placed a hand on her shoulder. "She's in a terrible state..."

Hotaru's eyes had narrowed in concern and she quickly whipped her bag open and searched through in hope for anything that may help her. "For now, she'd need to stay awake--we don't know what's going on with her, so if she could still talk, we need to ask." The girl brought out a pine-like leaf and broke off a small, needle-like leaf. Then she moved closer to the red-haired girl and held the plant to her nose. "This is rosemary," she explained. "It helps keep the mind awake...this should do for now."

"I'll go look for a place where she could rest," Kazuhiro announced, standing up and looking around.

"It's dangerous here," Hotaru warned, her facial expression showing disapproval. "I'll go with you."

"Hotaru, don't worry about me this time. That's an order." Kazuhiro hardened his gaze, even if he didn't want to--this was the only way to get Hotaru to listen to him when his safety was on the line. It's not like things were going to get too bad if he went alone. He knew how to summon his power, but he'd only use that as a last resort.

Hotaru Kitagawa

Hotaru frowned, not liking the idea of her master going off alone like that. But she knew he was serious--he would only give her such a look when he meant it, and Hotaru found it impossible to disobey him. "Yes, Master," she murmured, looking away. But she quickly snapped herself out of that state of mind.

I have to focus, she scolded herself and shifted over so she could face Kono. "Kono, can you hold this plant to her nose? Every time she begins to lose consciousness, bring it to her nose." Hotaru set the rosemary leaf down on the red-haired girl's lap. She should be okay without the herb for a minute if she inhaled even a bit of its scent. "I need to go see if I can get some water for her as well as some others herbs."

Kazu paused for a moment before he nodded to Hotaru and the rest of them. Then he walked off into the dense area of vegetation and disappeared from view. Already, it set Hotaru in an uneasy state, but she forced herself to brush it off. Kazu would probably just wander around, so she shouldn't worry to much.

But for now, Hotaru also had to make sure that the young lady stayed in condition while she looked for supplies--she couldn't just leave yet. "I need you to tell me what you need," Hotaru murmured softly. "Are you thirsty?"

( @FlameintheRoses - @TheHappyPikachu )

Kono nodded, grabbing the herbal plant by the tip with her teeth. She saw the girl seem to slip, and held it close to her face, ensuring she would stay awake. A few times, she glanced at Sen. 'Must be very hard to lose someone such as this... I shouldn't know, I don't even remember my own parents...' Kono's expression changed to a bit of a sad state. It was hard to think that she forgot her very own mother and father. Even with their names, she didn't know them at all since she'd lived here. What were they like? Where did they go? She didn't know, but she focused her hopes on finding them someday. For now, she would help the ones she felt close to now.

Kono's memories flashed to the time that she was only a month old. Wandering this forest all alone with no one to crawl to. She picked up communication along the way, with animals who seemed to know the same. They wrote small notes into the ground every once in a while. Once when she was 5 months old, she found a group of felines. They spoke the cat language, and the teachers would tell kittens how to spell, and what words to write. Kono joined that group for a month, learning how to write and read in the human language called English. They taught her mathematics for the time she stuck there, which she grew to like. Although she wasn't the best at. After a month of being with them and learning, there was an attack on the cat civilization. Most of the felines were killed by hunting dogs. Kono was one of the rare few that survived the attack, and has been running farther each day from the border of the forest. Since then, she's spent more time deeper and deeper in the forest, where she stays now.

When Kono zoned back into the world, she realized that she'd flashed back through her memories and was just standing there, blankly staring into nothingness with the rosemary tip held in her mouth. 'Focus, Koko. Those memories are the past, and that is not you now. Help the ones around you.' Her mind spoke to coax her back to normal, which she did successfully. She waved the rosemary one more time near the girl's nostrils, making sure she'd breath in the wonderful smell of the plant. Then, she left the rosemary on the girl's stomach and laid down next to Riku.

@macaron @TheHappyPikachu

(Ren's Perspective)

Ren watched the cat as it talked to the humans, how did they understand them? they soon approached and hey backed away a bit more... moments later one of the humans left whilst the other one went to get supplies he watched as the cat helped his master "thanks..." he said quietly.

(Riku's Perspective)

Riku didn't really understand what was going on but people approached and then moved away, some strange smell filled her nose and it helped keep her awake she didn't trust these humans... but it looks like she didn't have a choice, one of them asked her something but she could't make it out she could only reply with a slight grunting noise, the other human then moved off and she was left with the cat that wasn't ren it went up to her and lay down next to her, it was a warm and pleasant feeling she hadn't felt contact with anyone but rem for a long time.. even if it was just another cat, it seemed a lot smarter than normal creatures... but then again in this forrest anything can happen... @FlameintheRoses @macaron

Kazuhiro Akamine

Kazuhiro was wandering the dense forest floor, but he didn't mind too much--he was used to traveling in such places. If anything, he traveled through nature the most aside from visiting towns to stock up on bread and other supplies. Otherwise, he and Hotaru might as well just live in a forest.

He bent over, checking under strange places to make sure there was nothing hidden. Naturally, a hand rested on the hilt of his sword, which he could pull out instantly if something came to threaten his safety. Kazuhiro had people to help, and a poor servant to return to--he wouldn't go out of his way to worry anyone.

But for the next 5 minutes, Kazuhiro found nothing. What he was searching for was a possible low branch from the trees, but all the lower ones were far too thin, though it may support about 3 cats before reaching its limit.

So what he aimed for now was a cave or a nicely open place, though somewhat closed off so that it would be easy to defend if there was a possible threat. The place they had been before was too open for Kazuhiro's liking. Not that he ever planned to stop there, but everything seemed to unfold once he and Hotaru bumped into the mysterious black cat.

Kazuhiro cautiously stepped over a large root that popped from the ground and he found himself in a clearing. There was a nice patch of grass in which the tired girl could lay, and a tree just at the edge of the area that would serve as a post if the girl needed to sit up. Bushes and other undergrowth lined the circumference of the area, making it a nice place to set up camp if they needed to.

At this point, Kazuhiro was able to pick up on the slightest trace of voices. Of course, they were mostly covered up by the music of the forest, but he had learned to be keenly aware of those of his kind--a lot of them posed a threat to his existence before.

Content and satisfied, he turned to leave the clearing only to learn that he wasn't sure how to get back.

Hotaru Kitagawa

Hotaru nodded gratefully at Kono and moved away from the group, preparing to set off and collect the things she'd need. For now she'd need...ah, she forgot the name of the plant...but she knew its appearance. Something with an 'A' for sure, but now wasn't the time to search her brain for that.

"Thank you," she said clearly, and then made her way in the direction opposite of which Kazu went in. She was still worried about him, as she always did when they were apart, but for now, she would clear her mind of him like he ordered her to.

Hotaru stopped and took a deep breath, trying to pick up any moisture that might be still in the air. Though her senses weren't as sharp as an animal's, she could tell when it would rain and such--it was that the earth smell would reach her nose. And it was similar at this moment--she knew a water source was somewhat nearby.

And after minutes of searching, Hotaru found a very small stream. This was a good sign--it would mean that plants would grow in abundance here due to a water source. And so she started the search, planning to return with a variety of herbs for care. But since this was a small stream, Hotaru only found two herbs that would help.

Hotaru quickly wrapped the plants in a cloth that she'd recently bought from a nearby town and leaped over large roots and other vegetation as she headed back to the area the girl and the cats were waiting.

She just hoped she wouldn't be too late.

@FlameintheRoses @TheHappyPikachu

Kono purred, nodding to the girl that acknowledged her help for this girl. When she looked over at Ren, he had thanked them in a quiet tone. "I'm very sorry that this is happening, young one." She paused, to change the subject. "What is your name?" Her eyes sparkled, kindness filled them and a smile spread to her mouth to try and lighten the mood. The mood just seemed so sad and hopeless. Kono got up, and crossed over to Ren, sitting across from where he was facing.

(Ren's Perspective)

Ren saw the other cat approaching him kindly asking him for his name whilst changing the subject from apologising for the situation "it's Ren... master picked it for me... it means 'lotus' in japanese, she's told me all sorts of things.... after all its just been her and I for so long now" he starts to look like he'll start crying again "and her last name... Hitori De, it means... alone" he stares at her you could see every fibre of his being wanted to help in some way, the other cats face still full of kindness stared now slightly intrigued that he could only understand Riku... "I'm just so useless!" he cried out.

(Riku's Perspective)

she could think a little better now but still not see clearly she heard Ren meowing not far away from her and managed to huff out "Ren...don...don't worry, I won't...be defeated thi...this easily" she took a deep breathe "oh,...and..your n..not, useless..." she knew that she couldn't speak anymore and her mouth felt dry... she wasn't in any pain so to say...just dizzy and tired, she would have to rely on these humans and a cat, for now... @FlameintheRoses @macaron

Kono wished that she could of done something other than speak kind words to calm Ren, but she couldn't do much. "My name is Kono, and listen to the words of your master. You are not useless, it's just hard to comprehend moments like these when it comes so quickly. By asking for help, you have granted me to give you that from the two humans that are trying their best to cure her." Kono smiled and nudged Ren slightly. "It'll be okay." Although her thoughts contradicted, she did think it would be okay. 'I don't promise it, but it might be okay.' Her thoughts repeated to her mind, causing her smile to falter a little. She quickly regained it and walked over to Riku, placing a paw on her to try and assure her that they were trying their best to help.

She lifted the rosemary's tip into her mouth, and held it there just in case the girl might start to slip. It didn't feel right to keep this girl awake, but that's just what she could do. To help the two humans that were in search of a curing plant. 'She needs water.' Kono wrote "water" on the floor for when the female and male humans came back.

Riku felt the cat place it's paw on her head softly, in a way it was a very reassuring feeling and in another quite strange... She breathed in the smell of rosemary again to help her stay conscious, she could feel that Ren was still worried, with all her might combined together she managed to put on a limp smile before going on to speak to the cat near her "th..ha,thank...yo..you" she replied, Dammit! She cried in her head, why am I so weak as to let this sickness overcome me!? Her breathing had returned to a near normal pace by now but she was still no where near recovering. @FlameintheRoses @macaron

Hotaru Kitagawa

Hotaru raced through the leaves and bushes, though carefully holding the herbs in her arms. She leaped over large tree roots, and finally, she found the group that she had to return to. She immediately bent down near the girl and uncovered the herbs she'd collected.

"Here are some seeds that'd help with the heart and anxiety," Hotaru said, pouring the seeds into a cloth and placing it near the girl. Hotaru wasn't someone who could force the girl to eat--she'd had to take it on her own, or if she needed help, Hotary could assist her. Only the person himself or herself knew what they needed--it was best not to assume things in such a state. Besides, Hotaru wasn't a doctor.

"Can you watch over her?" Hotaru asked Kono, gathering another plant that resembled a daisy into a separate cloth. "I need to make tea with this so it would soothe her body and allow it to rest...." The girl stood up, her eyes slightly narrowed as she thought about her next action. "Fire," she muttered, looking around the area. "I have to set off again....will you guys be okay?"

@FlameintheRoses

@TheHappyPikachu

(I'm leaving Kazuhiro to see if anyone else would like to interact with him. :3 If not, I'll have him return in a post or two.)

Sapphire awoke from her little nap feeling something warm and soft against her. When she sat up, she saw the little animal that came with the boy...whatever his name was. She couldn't remember at the moment; too tired. She moved the animal away and stood up, yawning. She then proceeded to walk out and back into the woods, wondering what she was going to do that day. She didn't have anything to do besides walk and hunt, so she chose to walk, as boring as that was.

Kono looked at Riku, then to the girl. She nodded to say yes, and pointed at the words she placed earlier, this time drawing a question mark next to it. "Water?" It said. She knew that the girl would get tea, but she did need water to keep herself hydrated and a bit more healthy. When the girl asked if they would be okay, Kono nodded slowly, a little unsure of herself but was sure that she could keep this girl in her current state until they fixed together an herbal tea, which seemed to work with sickness. From what the girl collected from the forest, she could tell that she knew what she was doing. Kono smiled and looked back to Riku.'If I could say anything to her, I would. If I could speak their language, I would do it.'

Riku saw the girl come back placing some things beside her and speaking she wasn't entirely sure of what she said but got the basic Idea about medicine, although she didn't have the strength to respond, the girl then proceeded to once again leave and left the other cat with her and Ren, after awhile Riku found she had enough strength to at least speak "h..hey, c..cat, wh..what's...your..n..name?" she would never trust the humans but she would depend on this cat, after all Ren seemed ok with her, she didn't know why... but she had always been able to understand Ren, ever since she entered this forrest so by putting two and two together she made the assumption of having a chance to understand this cat too, after all it's not like she had anything better to do... @FlameintheRoses @macaron

Kono looked up at Riku, pondering if this girl would understand her. 'She understands Ren. If I speak, will she understand me too?' She stood up and told her name in a calm voice. If the girl didn't understand then Ren could possibly tell her. "Kono Tsunie." Her tail swayed quietly behind her as she stood still, her ears perked up to show happiness, but also so that she could listen to the sounds of the forest.

@TheHappyPikachu @macaron

Riku waited for the cats response it soon replied and to Riku's amazement she understood it perfectly "n..nice, to..meet..y.ya'...Kono..." she spoke briefly attempting a smile which to a certain point succeeded, she felt so useless lying here, and in all honesty she was hungry too, at least her head didn't burn anymore it seemed as though she was getting progressively better but just incase she stayed where she was on the ground. @FlameintheRoses @macaron

Users who are viewing this thread

Back