• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Mystic Forest

Kazuhiro Akamine

Kazuhiro was staring at the cat, whose eyes seemed to reflect a deeper intelligence than he'd seen in any feline before. It was as if it was human as well, though there was something else besides that fact--it was as if it were contemplating whether or not it should trust Hotaru.

Well, Kazuhiro knew that she also liked little kittens as much as he did, but from time to time, it was true that Hotaru can get a bit frightening. When they had gotten attacked a week ago, Hotaru literally changed into 'killer-mode' as he called it, and wiped out most of the thieves. This was one smart cat--smarter than some humans in the world; it seemed like it was calculating the consequences and such.

Perhaps it was a different species? From the vibe it gave off, Kazuhiro could tell that it was no ordinary cat, even if it may seem so. But in this world, there were so many odd and unpredictable things that it was hard to tell if he was just being paranoid or if his instincts were correct.

"It looks like it approved," Kazuhiro said, listening closely to the tone of the meow the cat gave them. "Be careful not to slash it."

Hotaru Kitagawa

Hotaru smiled as she heard the meow as well as when the cat indicated the area in which would ensure its escape. "I won't slash it," she assured her master, tempted to kick him into the other bush that surrounded a nearby tree. "It's a cat."

"Of course you won't," Kazu laughed. "Just be careful."

"Says the person who gets caught in every piece of trouble possible," Hotaru retorted, but she meant to harm in that. With the next breath she took, she brought down her blade with precision as she slashed through the undergrowth of the forest which had trapped the cat.

Once she was done, Hotaru applied a bit of pressure on her grip and allowed her weapon to shatter into millions of tiny pieces that glittered as they fell to the ground. She was a little grateful for the ice powers that she had--after all, if her ice were to get destroyed, it wouldn't be much of a problem since it would always return to the earth. There was nothing of her powers that would taint this forest.

Hotaru gazed at the bush that she had sliced open rather cleanly--she was satisfied with her work. She caught Kazu's light chuckle, and she turned her head towards him. "What's so amusing?" she asked.

"You look so satisfied," Kazu chuckled, trying to keep a full blown laugh from escaping his body.

Hotaru frowned. "This time, I'll take that as a compliment." She turned her head back to the direction the cat was around and she bent down to its level, though she was still a distance away. She didn't want to alarm the cat necessarily--it would need some space to comfortably get out and observe them. "We're done," Hotaru cooed softly, gazing at the cat.

Sadly, its beautifully sleek fur was dotted with fresh and dried blood, making it obvious that the feline had struggled for some time now. But if it would allow her, Hotaru would treat it later. For now, she needed to make sure the cat would make it safely around the area. After all, only a certain number of things would drive a cat into such a thorny bush.

( @FlameintheRoses )

Kono looked at the girl and attempted to smile, but concern did creep into her eyes. She backed up as the girl slashed the bush to give her an opening. Once that was done, Kono crept out from the bush, looking up at the two humans, contemplating wether to run or to stay. She looked left and right, then looked up at the girl who had cut out the brush with what seemed to be an ice power. 'Intriguing... I should thank them for that.' Kono's claws appeared from her paws, to draw in the dirt the words, "Thank you." Once she was finished, her claws retracted and she sat down next to the letters. Her tail swished to the left, then to right slowly. 'I am no normal cat, I wish I could speak, though.' Her thoughts crowned her mind, her facial expressions hadn't changed to cooperate along with them though. The only thing her face showed was happiness that she was freed from something that her powers would not affect. The power she wielded was only to help, and not harm. Even if she used that to kill her enemies, she couldn't summon anything sharp like a knife. @macaron

Victoria didn't use her power very often, it just reminded her of the monster that she was. But it was getting dark and it didn't appear that anyone was around. So she kindled a small flame in tha palm of her hand as a light. But little did she know that someone very dark was lurking in the shadows of the forest. Though the flame brought back all the memories of what she did, Victoria had no choice. Suddenly, she heard a sound in the brush. Who's there, Victoria said as she searched around.

Kazuhiro Akamine

Kazuhiro's eyes widened, most likely coming to be twice their natural size at the cat's actions. It had just scraped the words 'Thank you' into the ground. Even though the cat seemed quite calm about the situation, Kazuhiro was more than shocked.

"This is rare intelligence," he murmured, still staring, dumbfound at the words. "Amazing...interesting..."

"Please, Kazu, you sound unsettling," Hotaru said, looking at him with a funny look. She always gave him that look when he'd comment on something random, or he'd say something completely out of line. Most of the time, it was because he told a terrible joke.

"I think it's just you who has this thing against me," Kazuhiro replied, sighing softly in relief that the cat was out of harm, and trying to hold back a chuckle at the same time. "After all, no one acts that coldly towards me."

Hotaru Kitagawa

Hotaru was genuinely surprised by the words the cat had conveyed its thanks with. But it was no ordinary way--it was written perfectly onto the forest floor. This made her rather curious about this cat, but she knew that it was best to keep her distance. This cat was no normal feline--if anything, it may even have the power to kill her.

So, instead, she softly pressed her fingerpads together as she gazed at the cat who sat calmly next to the words it had written. "Are you okay?" Hotaru asked softly, ignoring Kazu's last comment about her being cold towards him. "I'd like to treat your wounds."

Hotaru motioned to the shoulder bag that was resting on her shoulders. "Also, do you know if anyone else is nearby? I thought I heard noises, but I don't think all of that was connected to you..." Hotaru paused, waiting for the cat's answer.

( @FlameintheRoses )

Sho wolfed down another fish as Haru chuckled. "In his defense he is a wild beast." Haru took a bite from his fish as Sho stared at it Haru sighed and threw him the rest. "And a glutinous." Sho wolfed it down. "Only when made by a goddess!" Haru rested his head in his hand. "So by that you mean any cute girl." Sho nodded. "Of course!" Haru sighed. "Your too easy."

Sapphire just rolled her eyes, sitting back down and leaning against the cabin behind her. "He's more tame than wild, and you call me a goddess one more time, I will kill you." She said, making a knife out of the shadows and pointing it at the tiny animal. "And don't think I won't hesitate either." She added, making it disappear just as quickly as she had made it.

Haru chuckled. "That's cute you think your treating news flash not the first time I've had a knife pulled on me. Magic or not a knife's a knife." Sho sighed. "And I don't see what's wrong with a complement."

Kono almost chuckled at their expressions. Haven't they seen an intelligent being before in this forest? Perhaps not, but for the time being the female asked her questions about the injuries and if she was okay. Kono nodded that she was okay, and nodded to the question that if anyone else was nearby. Certainly many creatures were nearby, but not seen.

Kono still was curious about the girl who was named as Riku, and that curiosity would stay until she got any answers. Her ears perked up to listen to the sounds of the forest, searching for the sounds they may have heard. There was talking, and rather loud talking at that. It was... A male human and a creature along side. The female in the group was quieter and sounded annoyed of the two's presence. This group was approximately... 1 kilometer away. 'If only I could share this info, all I can do is point the direction and write how far...' And just as her thoughts were revealed to her mind, she did just that. She spoke with one small meow, pointing east of them, then wrote the number 1 along with the scientific symbol "km" for kilometer. 'They can figure that out.' Kono's lips crept into a slight smile.

It felt nice to help someone find their way in the forest. Being alone for most of her life hadn't helped her along the way. She purred to the humans, signaling that she felt comfortable around them, and rubbed her head on the girl's leg, then returned to a sitting position.

@macaron

"Compliments are only sweet words hiding evil intentions." She said with yawn. "They don't do anyone any good. Really, what's the point of it?" She muttered to herself, scratching at her wrists underneath her sleeves.

Haru shook his head. "Ahhh your family sucked didn't it." He said blankly. Sho looked at him. "Boss don't just say that." Haru sighed. "I have to be right or someone betrayed her she was bullied only people like that think the way she does. Only they can't see what's good in the world can't see how well they got it."

"If you want to know, I was used as a punching bag to relieve my parent's drunken stress or just to watch me bleed." She said, her stoic expression never changing. "Nearly died a few times, if I remember correctly." She said with as if she had a sudden realization. "Huh, almost forgot about that."

Haru put his hand in the air. "All abroad the beaten to near death train choo choo." He imitated a train sound. "Who would had thought we all had something in common too bad it's something super sad."

Kazuhiro Akamine

Kazuhiro was still gaping at the cat who seemed to perfectly understand the language of humans. He was more than impressed and surprised--up until now, he actually hadn't bumped into any creature so intelligent. After all, he spent most of his time under house arrest, so he barely knew about the world he lived in.

He was tempted to ask more questions, but he held himself back. The cat seemed to be okay for the time being, but he wasn't sure whether those wounds would heal properly or not. Of course cats can take good care of themselves, but Kazuhiro wasn't alone on this--he could tell that Hotaru was itching to help this cat. Perhaps even take it with her.

And Kazuhiro gaped all the more when the cat yet again wrote something into the forest floor. Ah, it was the direction in which people were. "Ah, this cat is amazing," he breathed, observing the quick yet carefully calculated writing on the ground. "But it looks like there are actually more people there...Hotaru, do you want to see them?"

Hotaru paused only because the cat had come up to her and purred, rubbing against her legs before sitting down again. Kazuhiro glanced at his servant and nearly laugh aloud. She looked to honored to have a cat acknowledge her and seemed to be nearly moved to tears. But along with that, he felt a little tinge of jealousy--after all, he also adored felines.

Hotaru Kitagawa

Hotaru was genuinely moved by the cat moving towards her, and its other followed actions. "You have such a beautiful pelt," she murmured, gazing kindly at the young cat. "Do you have a name?" Right now, she was ignoring Kazu's question in appearance, but in thought, she was trying to balance out the situation.

But Hotaru couldn't avoid such a thing for long--she would have to choose, or agree to what Kazu proposes. "Anything you want, Master," she said, looking in the direction the cat had indicated. "If you would like to meet them, then do so--I will follow you wherever you choose to travel."

"Loyal as always," Kazu sighed, but then turned to look at the cat. "Miss Cat, would you also like to see them? It seems like my servant has taken a liking to you."

"You have, too, Kazu," Hotaru said. "I know how much you love cats--as much as I do."

"You don't need to bring that up," Kazu replied, brushing his bangs out of his face. It was a habit that he had--he would always lightly brush or touch the ends of his hair when he was embarrassed or nervous, though that was only around Hotaru, and now, the cat.

"I want to go where the cat goes, though," Hotaru agreed. "It seems to know this forest far more than we do. Also, it can hear things from a kilometer away." She glanced down at the act and bent down to its height again. "Ah, I forgot to ask, are you a boy or a girl? And what is your name?"

( @FlameintheRoses )

"What's sad about it? It was just an unfortunate event that happened before they kicked me out. Nothing to dramatize about. And just because we have that in common doesn't mean we're friends. And as soon as you find a proper place to set up, get out of my hair. People only get in the way, and are only useful to hurt others." She said, closing her eyes as she pushed back the unwanted bad memories that surfaced. "Unless, of course, you can provide some sort of use that doesn't make me think of you as a waste of space." She added with a cold tone.

Haru sighed. "Well for one me and Sho are human torches so no need to start your own fire. Second Sho is an animal so he can hunt for you and plus were tough guys so personal bodyguards." He didn't understand why he wanted to stay maybe for Sho no it was different but he didn't know what kind of different. Maybe he just wanted to change the way she thought or maybe he just wanted to bug her.

"I don't need bodyguards and I know how to hunt just fine. And why would I want torches around when I live in a cabin made of trees. Which, in case you idiots don't know this, are flammable." She sighed and pulled out a pack of cigarettes. "Damn idiots are gonna give me a headache." She muttered as she used one of the embers from the dying fire to light the cigarette she pulled out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haru yawned. "Well can't say I didn't try she's too far gone I guess or whatever I'm going to bed night Sho." Sho sighed. "But I fine night." Sho curled up under Haru's hat that he laid on the ground. "I guess night we'll be out of your hair as soon as possible sorry for being a bother. " Haru sighed.

"Yeah, whatever." She said as she stood up, putting her cigarette out before heading inside. She laid down on the little makeshift bed she had made before falling asleep. The bad thing of it; all she had were nightmares, causing her to whimper in her sleep as the memories of her past came back to haunt her. She curled into a little ball as she slept, the nightmares getting worse as she did so.

Haru heard whimpering and woke up he stood up and followed the sound he found her the girl having nightmares. "Jeez can't a guy sleep?" He whispered then grabbed Sho and put him on her. "Hmm he kinda looks like a stuff animal maybe he'll work or maybe not why do I care?" He went back to sleep.

Sapphire moved so that she was holding Sho, her previous nightmares gone. She ended up sleeping with him wrapped up in her arms. Her sleep, which usually consisted of nightmares, were filled with happy dreams instead, and she smiled a bit as she slept.

Riku could hear their conversation, that cat... was it really that smart? her thoughts were scrambled and mixed together as her head kept rising in temperature she lifted herself up onto her knees crouching and started taking deeper breaths, she couldn't afford getting caught... just then another wave of dizziness hit her, hard. she lost her balance and fell through the bush she was now in plain sight of both the cat and the two people landing with a 'thump' her cat came up to her and stood in front hissing as if trying to protect it's master, the world did not go black this time however, instead everything was mixed together and blurry colours and sounds made no sense, what was wrong with her? was it something she ate? she didn't want to die... she wanted no more death to come into her life. @macaron @FlameintheRoses

Kono looked up at the humans with a smile. They looked as if they had many questions, and they did seem to like her very well. She listened to their question that they had, and slowly wrote out her name in cursive... "Kono Tsunie." Then, she wrote the female sign. 'Circle... Arrow... Now they know.' She then looked up to the two humans with a questioning look, as if to say, "What are your names?"

Suddenly she heard a thump, and saw Riku on the ground, trying to stay in consciousness. Kono crossed over to the girl quickly, while looking at the cat she owned. 'Maybe this little one will know what's wrong.' Kono spoke in the cat language, the one she was taught. Only the cat by Riku's side would be able to know what she was saying. But for humans, it just sounded like a meow here and there. "Little one, do you know what is happening to the two legged creature, the one that's called by the name Riku? Please tell me if you know." Kono looked at the kitten with her light green eyes, worried for this human's life, even if she didn't know the girl. Even though she ached from the pricking bush that she was once stuck in, she ignored the pain that crawled to the small wounds that bore on her skin. 'Please, let this human be alright. She cannot live without help from others in this forest.'

@macaron @TheHappyPikachu

(Riku's cat perspective)

Ren looked up at the other cat approaching still hissing he had to protect his master! she asked him what was wrong with her in a panicked state, knowing that he needed her help he stopped staring at the cat "I..I don't know!" he meowed back violently tears now forming in his green eyes "she hasn't been well all day... this...this is the second time this has happened...I...I don't know what's wrong!" he was freaking out badly by this point "I..I want her to live, she's my only friend!...She is my Family! and my master!... and I will protect her! no matter what!" he looked at Riku then back at the cat a fearful expression on his face "please..." he murmured "get the humans to help her, I can't I don't understand any human but my master somehow!" he backed off slightly fur prickling "please...she doesn't want anyone, including herself to die around her ever again..."

(Riku perspective)

Riku in her blurred vision saw another cat approach her, it went up to ren and it seemed as if they started talking to each other, I must be hallucinating... she thought lifelessly, before going back to focusing on staying conscious... if she fainted who knows what could happen... @FlameintheRoses @macaron

Kono hushed the young kitten, hugging Ren before she looked back at the girl with the bag slung over her arm, and nodded for her to come over and help. "Meow." She spoke, meaning to say, "Please help." She tried her best to comfort the little one. "We will help her as soon as we can." Kono stepped back, and looked up at the humans. Would they help the girl, or leave her? From what she had viewed from a minute ago, they might help. Mainly because of their love for cats. And... That it was another human being. 'They don't seem as ruthless as any other human, so them helping is a large possibility.' Her thoughts spoke to her mind, as she processed what would happen next. She kept an eye on the little one, and the humans. Of course, she didn't have the power to heal. Only to blind with the shadows, and kill or prevent from death. But never could she heal with her manipulation of the shadows.

@macaron @TheHappyPikachu (And we'll just wait here for now for macaron so she can post and won't be behind. :) macaron if you read this, don't rush yourself just take your time)

Tyler was walking along the forest with his mecha by his side and said "it's nice to be out of the cockpit and walking" he said and weird symbols on his mask appears but he could read it and said "I don't care if it's less safe it's better for me" he said looking up at the giant machines brushing away trees and looked like a giant beast and after a hour or so of walking he started hearing voices and told his mecha to stay behind and pulled out a dagger that looked blue and was making a buzzing sound and he saw a couple of people and animals with each other and said "what the" in a quiet voice and he backed up a little and stepped on a twig and said "shit!" Quietly looking back up he could see at least one of them heard it and ran back to his mecha saying "damn they might be hostile" and got to his mecha but did not get in it waiting for them to see if they are hostile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back