• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom My Hero Academia: Whitewater Acadamy

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
John Swann

"I don't know if I would use the word psyched." John said with a light chuckle, his hand reaching down into his pocket. Digging around for a moment it was clear he was searching for something. Pulling a protein bar from his pocket he would quickly unwrap it, finishing the food in two bites. It didn't seem like an enjoyment thing for John to eat, but merely some sort of task he wished to finish as quickly as possible.

Standing quietly as the teacher began to speak John would look on with awe as the maze made its presence known. "So this is how a hero trains?" He questioned, looking up at the massive walls that encased what would almost certainly be the classes doom. Shaking himself from his stunned state John would look to Daisuke with a grin. "Well, my guess is it's probably best to try and be the first one done. You pace me I'll pace you?" He asked, wanting to know if the other boy would find it as important as he did to have some sort of safety net.

Stepping forward to the deep cavern one of the girls had uncovered he towered over her, peering into the hole that seemed far too lethal to be legal for use with students. Glancing up John realized just how far across it was, much too far for any normal human to leap, even the Olympic athletes of the past. "Want me to toss you?" Said John as he placed a hand gently on Emvi's shoulder that seemed far too large to belong to somebody considered by many to still be a child.

Interacting with: _Line 213 _Line 213 SomebodyElse SomebodyElse Truthblade Truthblade

Claudia DiamanteClaudia gave a low chuckle, then raised one hand in response to Stella’s question. “Nothing much.” Claudia did as she demonstrated in class earlier, rolling up her sleeve and snapping her fingers. Her hand, up until her wrist, turned pitch black, then reverted back to normal, in just enough time for Stella to see- the other two had already seen the magic show. “I just get a really good suntan.” It was a joke, for the most part. Her expression changed to one of a much more calculative smirk. “Now, I’m curious, Stella, you shouldn't just ask of others’ Quirks without--”

Listen up, Class 1-A!

Her question was interrupted by the teacher. A new one. She gave a quizzical look towards Shane, as if asking him an unspoken question, but quickly shifted her attention to more important details, namely the emergence of iron walls in the arena that was the training grounds, which the new teacher identified as a maze. What the flying fuck? Holy shit! This was going way above the grade of ‘starting day’. She didn't have time to get her awe out of her system before she was again, made to look at the next center of focus- a girl with curly dark-brown, nearly black, hair, who declared, no, ORDERED the others to follow her if they wanted to get through, and just strode into the maze like nothing.

Almighty above.” She muttered quietly, and pinched the bridge of her nose. The girl was just as bad as Raven Boy. Heading straight into a maze after an aside glance and a statement that was directed to no one? What was she trying to do, emulate something she’d seen on TV? Did she think she looked cool? Holy crud, the whole class was filled with dorks. Claudia could feel a migraine coming on. This was going to be a tough few years. She turned her attention to the rest of the group. “We shouldn't waste any time. I’m not too sure how well our Quirks will work out for us in a maze, given that some of us have Quirks that are still kept under wraps,” she looked at both Shane and Stella, but mostly included herself in that same group, “but I’m fairly confident we’d be able to survive for two hours, at least. I suggest we proceed with caution, nonetheless. Overconfidence, after all, is a slow and insidious killer.” As Mom said once. She was full of these kinds of statements, and dispensed her wisdom occasionally in her tranquil fits of rage over the phone.

The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit Elysium Elysium Foogels Foogels

Just before their conversation could continue, another teacher appeared. This one seemed a lot more enthused about being here. Had the other teacher died as well? They were really dropping like flies at this point. Perhaps there had been some sort of huge villain attack that required the attention of the local pro-heroes. That would make sense.

Huge iron walls started to rise from the ground. That was something he hadn't expected. A death maze on the first day, huh? He supposed it was best to prepare students by instantly putting them into dangerous situations, but he had honestly expected something much smaller for their first day. This was fine though. Manabu liked that they were getting straight to the point by bypassing all the beginner stuff. This maze might be a slight problem though. This situation wasn't quite what his quirk was made for. Perhaps there would be a trap that would come flying at him, but for now it looked like he would be on his own.

Manabu was a little surprised by the confidence that Tsurei was showing. Perhaps there was something more than just rocks with her. The young boy inwardly shrugged, he would think about that stuff later. For now, they had two hours to cross 4 football fields. To some this might seem easy, but knowing the school's entrance exam, Manabu knew this was going to be much harder than it seemed.

With no time to waste, Manabu followed the handful of students that were brave enough to proceed, only to be met by an instant obstacle. "Not even giving us a false sense of security for the first few minutes." He said allowed as he looked at the pitfalls. In between each one there was a very small piece of land still left. It looked like enough to balance on, but one false move could lead to him falling in one of the pits. Manabu leaned dangerously forward to look inside one of the pits. At the bottom was a whole bunch of mechanical gizmos. He wondered if there was a forcefield to catch them if they fell. Surely they wouldn't kill off their own students, right?

...It was probably best not to take any chances.

"Throw her?" He asked, looking over to the rather large man who had entered the maze. From the way he looked, he did look like he could throw quite far. That might work. "You think you can throw far enough to get her to the other side safely?"

Perhaps this was one of the teamwork things that Emvi was talking about earlier. "I can be the test run if you're not sure." He added. If he landed in one of those holes then he could probably jump back out due to the impact on his feet, but he wasn't sure if Emvi could do the same thing. It wasn't that he was concerned for her safety, but that it made the most sense.

Leusis Leusis _Line 213 _Line 213 SomebodyElse SomebodyElse

Emvi Square
Crazy Maze (Training Grounds)
Interacting with: SomebodyElse SomebodyElse , Leusis Leusis NightMoves NightMoves

"No no no wait! It's okay, I can do it!" Emvi said, pushing herself up. Was it really quite right to say that she could do it when she was bearly doing anything? "...Or, well, I believe that you can do it. I guess." Yeah, that seemed more accurate. His Quirk likely made the act rather simple, otherwise he probably wouldn't have mentioned the tactic. That in turn might mean...

"...Wait, I have an...idea." It was going to hurt, no doubt about that, but without anything else for the girl to work with, at least at the moment, she had to take whatever she could get. "I don't want you to just throw me. I want you to throw me as, um...a-as hard as you can." Emvi could feel the pain rolling out of the station already. She looked across the series of gaps, pursing her lips at the wall on the other side. Who knows what else could be waiting just around that far corner. "Unless Tsurei can get a bridge going, it's the only way across anyway."

Last edited:
John Swann

John glanced between the two students as they spoke. The boy seemed confident, while the girl seemed much less so. Regardless, she did seem determined and that meant a lot when you're flying through the air like a cannonball. Gripping Emvi's shoulder gently he would tug upwards, lifting her with an ease that was entirely unnatural despite his size. Grabbing her knee next he brought her higher, eventually resting the bottom of one shoe in his palm while still gripping.

Holding her like a javelin about to be launched from a ballista he took several steps back. It was now that if anyone who was watching did so closely they would see a great deal of change. Knowing the muscle groups it would take to throw Emvi, John simply elected to use his quirk throughout his entire body. The flesh beneath his skin seemed to bulge slight, the muscles that were flexed holding Emvi aloft seemed to tighten and constrict, growing to inhuman levels of definition, as if each muscle fiber strained to escape his body. Veins protruded from much of his body and his grip on Emvi tightened considerably, John being unable to fully control the brute strength he now possessed, a grip easily strong enough to leave heavy bruising on anybody he grabbed, regardless of how delicately he did so.

"Sorry." He muttered, knowing the girl was likely in pain. "My names John, nice to meet you both." He said, his smile returning only moments before he rushed forward, loosing Emvi like a rocket as he threw himself forward, nearly falling from the edge of the pit. The speed at which Emvi flew was immense, the mere wind being more than enough to keep her from even opening her eyes.

Interacting with: _Line 213 _Line 213 NightMoves NightMoves

Emvi Square
Interacting with: SomebodyElse SomebodyElse , Leusis Leusis NightMoves NightMoves

Initially, everything seemed just about normal. Then, John's grip began to tighten, and tighten, and tighten. Emvi's initial grimace intensified as the boy's grip increased, her eyes glancing downward and widening in shock as she noticed the transformation his arm--no, basically the entirety of his body--had gone through. She knew that the other student had to have some sort of strength-enhancing Quirk, or some sort of mobility Quirk, at the very least, if he was going to make the offer that he did, but this, this was unexpected.

Oh crap.

"...I'm Emvi," the girl replied, swallowing shortly after stating her name, "and hopefully I'll still be Emvi when I reach the other side." That brief attempt at humor was more for the girl herself than anyone else, but it really didn't seem to be doing its job very well. Was this the sort of thing that the school and its teachers had in mind when they talked about "teamwork buildling" in those promotional brochures and press-release kits? It was certainly scarier than Emvi had imagined it being.

Before she could make any further comment, or bust out any other self-assuring quips or jokes, John had reeled back his arm and sent it flying forward with a rush of air, the backdraft from his arm resulting in quite the impressive display to anyone who might have been looking on. Sadly, Emvi was in no position whatsoever to watch the performance, as she herself was streaking through the sky with greater speed than she had ever traveled in her life outside of something that had an engine attached to it. Part way through the flight, she completely gave up on attempting to keep her eyes open, shutting and squeezing them tightly as a few tears squeezed their way out of the corners of her eyes. Though her trip was only a few seconds long, for Emvi it felt like a small eternity.

CLANG.

The impact against the far wall was a loud and brutal one. The metal absolutely refused to dent or budge, and Emvi immediately collided with the wall and fell to her back shortly afterward. For a long period of silence, she didn't even move.

"...A-aaaaaaagh...aaaaaaaagh." Hissing and spitting, Emvi slowly rolled over, wrapping her arms around herself in a sort of self-hug as she continued to roll back and forth across the ground, clearly having a less-than-stellar time. "...Aaaaagh, d-dammit, I'm okay, I'm..." She tried not to cry. She really, really tried. Crying on the first day would ruin everything that she came out to do, wouldn't it? Her new friends would think that she's actually some kind of loser, wouldn't they? Luckily, it was perhaps impossible for anyone to tell whether or not she was actually crying, given the newfound distance between herself and the rest of the students. "I'm fine, I promise I'm fine, I'm fine..."

The pain's not real, Emvi, the pain's not real, the pain's not real...

HO. LY. CRAP! Daisuke watched as a giant maze rose up straight from the ground. Apparently this was to be some kind of obstacle course. This school really doesn’t mess around. Not that it was going to slow him down. Daisuke already had air caught on his throat, and could fell air beginning to bind itself to him. This won’t be an issue. This won’t be a prob. Just use your quirk and just leap through this whole thing….oh wait, they can’t go over it? Dang. Well, that won’t stop him either. Daisuke was all ready to go, and almost didn’t notice John was talking to him.

Daisuke looked up at him and smirked, releasing the air from his arms. “Yeah sure,” he responded. “Hope you can keep up.”

With that, he dashed into the maze, joining in with the other students, who were a few of the ones he met earlier. Before them seemed to be a series of pitfalls. “Seems like quite a drop,” He quipped.

Daisuke would then proceed to watch as John threw Emvi (that was her name, right?) straight across over the gaps. Dang, what does he lift? Hopefully she was alright though, that looked like a pretty rough landing

Leusis Leusis _Line 213 _Line 213 SomebodyElse SomebodyElse NightMoves NightMoves

Last edited:
Tsurei didn't even stop moving as the pitfall appeared and summon rocks to platform across the way.
John had decided to throw Emvi across but it was too late as Tsurei had already made it across.

"Emvi don't go with such a unthoughtout plan. You will kill yourself if you do things like this."
"Did you see the pressure plate you stepped on when you ran after me? Manabu stepped on it too."

Tsurei pointed to the floor back behind them before the pitfall.

If she is this reckless then she won't pass. John was also extremely reckless. I need to tell them to be smarter.
I can see three open paths ahead, what a silly deception.

Tsurei called back to john.

"John you too, you couldn't control your power and you decided to throw a student across a deadly pitfall, what would happen if she died? What was your plan? Just to throw everyone across and then what? How would you get across? Everyone you throw across like that will get hurt and it's only the beginning of the maze. Don't expect such power when it's not needed."

So he can increase his physical capabilities. But he has poor control it seems. That is a good ability but it wasn't needed in the situation and the use of it was entirely reckless and dangerous.
Tsurei toned down her voice again so only she was talking to Emvi.

"Leave the next obstacle to me. You see those 3 pathways up ahead? Take the right one, the middle and left are deadends, the wind is coming from the right one and there is no wind in the other two, meaning they aren't leading to anywhere. The path continues from the right one."

"I suspect there is a going to be many diverging paths past this one that don't necessarily leave to dead ends. Stick with me please. I don't want to see you hurt yourself so recklessly."

"

Emvi Square

Emvi finally managed to pick herself up again, panting as she tried to keep her knees from buckling. It was a shock, that was for sure, but the pain was slowly starting to give way to a familiar, odd, tingly, prickly feeling. She looked up at Tsurei with a shaky, apologetic smile, then shook her head. "I-It's okay, it was part of the plan," she said, reaching a hand up to her head to rub at it for several more moments. The headache wasn't fading. Yet. "My quirk, remember? E-Even if there were easier ways to cross the gap, at the very least I won't be nearly as useless for other things now. So...it was all a bit of a tradeoff, I guess." Emvi grimaced slightly as she returned to her full height; though outwardly the expression likely seemed as if it were coming from continued pain, Emvi herself knew that it was coming from a sudden lack of faith in the plan that she had just stated. It certainly looked rather stupid, in hindsight. Still, though, she had quite a bit of impact energy packed away. At the cost of full-body soreness, of course.

Emvi's grimace remained throughout the entirety of Tsurei's instructions. Okay, maybe the lasting sensations were at least partially responsible for her expression. "Wait, but...This place can change around at will, right? What if it's a trap?" she asked, glancing down the indicated direction. It wasn't as if she had any better ideas herself--well, she had ideas, but she wasn't exactly going to call them better. She had no way of knowing that, and there was no way in hell that she was going to venture any further ideas after being told off in such a manner.

A moment of silence. Yeah, maybe she had messed up with that last one. "Guess I'll just...Walk over there and watch my step," she replied, her extremely fragile previous assurance of usefulness going out the window again. Had she really set off that trap while charging in to try and get someone else to slow down? She took in a deep breath, then let it out in the form of a long, drawn-out sigh as she slowly started down the indicated pathway, falling entirely silent as she kept her eyes cast downward.

Nice start, stupid.

Mathew Pilles, View attachment 439680Whitewater Training Grounds
Matt thought to himself. Why was he just sitting there, he probably looks so lame. He should just try and talk to someone else. Matt looked up to see Kimi calming down Alex to the best of her abilities. Matt knew that he shouldn't go over there yet. Matt thought he should just talk to someone else until they're done talking. But he knew he needed to apologize for being so dumb. But doing nothing wasn't the answer. Time to get up, c'mon. He needed to tell himself to get up, because the one person he could always try and help was himself.

Matt pushed down on his knees pushing himself up. He did a stretch and threw on his smile. He looked at Kimi and threw a thumbs up her way. He needed to look okay so no one worried, though he already knew he did something stupid. Maybe he should go talk to the Toki girl. She seemed nice. But he also doesn't know her at all. Maybe he should go talk to someone new, that seems like the best choice. But who? Matt was looking around trying to figure out which person to talk to. There was that boot camp guy and his friend. Fischer and Claudia? Yeah, that had to be right. They seemed to be talking to someone new.

Matt decided that's who he would talk to. Someone he met, but didn't know, and someone totally new. He walked over to the small group. Maybe it was just Mat but Claudia seemed like she might have been a little annoyed. But he was already walking over there, so turning around would look weird, and he did want to talk to them. I guess they're talking about looks? Matt smiled and tried talking casually. "Hey, Fischer and Claudia right? Looks like you guys found everything fine, not that I thought you wouldn't, but still." He gave a smile and pivoted his eyes over to the new girl. He put out his hand and smiled brightly. "Hi, my names Mathew Pilles, but I go by Matt." Introducing yourself with a positive energy was the best way to make friends. Most of the time. Matt had one ore two exceptions.

(Interacting: @Hanarei simj26 simj26 Elysium Elysium The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit )
full
Stella Cain
Training Grounds
simj26 simj26 Elysium Elysium Foogels Foogels
Ah, young love. A lovely sight to be beheld, to be captured within a still shot of time and be treasured forevermore. Or just kept on her phone until she needed to make space.

Snap. If a certain someone was paying attention, they'd notice that the flash had finally been disabled.

For the lucky couple, Stella squeezed to faces into one frame. She could shop them apart later, though they actually did look pretty decent together. Light and dark hair playing off of each other, contrast, yin and yang, et cetera and so on. She was just about to put her phone away and leave the couple to flirt when, low and behold, another factor added itself to their social equation. One 'Matt'. He had a photogenic enough looking face, too. Was cutting into a conversation reason enough for her to take his photo? Probably. So, snap. One more photo added to the collection.

"Stella." Before he had a chance to complain, she took his hand, put on her best smile, and introduced herself. "Matt, Fischer, and Claudia. Those are easy enough to spell. Thanks for your co-operation. The people in this class are actually pretty open to having their photo taken, surprisingly. Back in NY there was a lot more uh- A lot more swearing. Not as much punching as you'd think, though." She'd only gotten like, what, two black eyes? And the second one had left the other guy looking way worse off than she did, without her even lifting a muscle. Good Samaritans, saving a damsel in distress! It'd almost been enough to make her swoon, but she wasn't her sister. The heart of Stella Cain belonged to one thing and one thing only.

And it wasn't cute boys.

"Could I get your Quirks too? First-hand accounts are usually better for documentation purposes than just waiting and watching." If they were the tight-lipped type, she could probably settle for the latter. But they seemed open-handed enough, despite their stiffness. Acted like they actually wanted to be here too, unlike the gloom brigade she'd holed up with earlier.

Fingers crossed.
Arya Yasuhiro | Velox
Location: Whitewater Academy, Training Grounds | Interacting With: Class 1-A
It took Arya a little longer than usual to make it to the Training Grounds. There wasn't much she had to do prior to her class, but another last-minute schedule change had her scrambling for her things. She supposed it was karma for taking the last breakfast wrap in the lounge.

When the pro hero finally came to, the students were already changed and waiting outside. It eased her nerves a bit to see they were alright and chatting among themselves, but much of first period had already passed and they couldn't waste a second more. Arya braced herself with a deep breath and called for their attention, amplifying her voice with her Quirk.

"Listen up, Class 1-A!" Once the chatter had died down, she continued. "You may call me Velox, and I'll be your Hero Basic Training teacher from now on. Let me firstly remind you all of why you're here today: Whether or not your intentions line up with those around you, you've all come to Whitewater to train to become the next generation of heroes. This class is meant to prepare you for the responsibilities you face in that line of work." Arya paused then, and quietly considered the group before her. She decided to spare them the rest of the customary speech that she recited every year. The students looked strong for a scrawny first year class, and she was getting a little tired of her routine. It was time to spice things up a bit.

Feeling the shadow of a smirk grace her lips, Arya turned her back to the students and promptly stepped toward the empty field. She fished out a small remote device and activated it, a shrill beep ringing in the still air. The ground below them started to tremble as visible lines appeared to split the field. The cracks formed a large square all around the perimeter and the rumbling got louder. It was becoming apparent that something was hidden underneath the wide stretch of land. Something that was coming up. Tall, iron walls soon replaced the view of the trees beyond the Academy's boundaries. They encased most of the main training grounds---about four football fields, to give it some measure. A large entryway into the walled fortress faced the students, the Whitewater insignia carved into its metal overhang.

"Consider yourselves lucky, 1-A. This obstacle course maze is one of a kind, designed specifically to test your abilities here in Whitewater." Arya checked the time on her wrist, nodding cheerfully. "Two hours should be more than enough time. You can use your Quirk as much as you'd like, but stay within the walls. Travelling above or outside the course is prohibited. Oh- and no fighting each other either, that's another class."

"Once the timer starts, you'll all enter the maze at once. I don't care if you work together or go at it on your own, but do your best in there. Good luck!"

Click. Bright red numbers appeared in a hologram above the entire maze, counting down from 120 minutes. The ebony-haired woman waited patiently for the students to gather their bearings and enter the maze after processing her rather brash explanation. She left the contents of the obstacle course ambiguous on purpose to see how they'd deal with being thrust into an unfamiliar situation. In truth, she wasn't expecting any of them to actually make it through. Arya had the school crank up the difficulty to a third year level for the first day. The purpose of it was so she could observe Class 1-A's skills and see what they needed to improve on for future lessons. Yes, it was simply just a trial-run.

But the students didn't need to know that.

Difficulty Level: Advanced (currently impassable)
A maze filled with obstacles that a student must get through to reach the end. They are randomly generated and placed in different spots each time a new course is created. (Obstacles are open-ended - anything goes.)
Claudia DiamanteClaudia gave a low chuckle, then raised one hand in response to Stella’s question. “Nothing much.” Claudia did as she demonstrated in class earlier, rolling up her sleeve and snapping her fingers. Her hand, up until her wrist, turned pitch black, then reverted back to normal, in just enough time for Stella to see- the other two had already seen the magic show. “I just get a really good suntan.” It was a joke, for the most part. Her expression changed to one of a much more calculative smirk. “Now, I’m curious, Stella, you shouldn't just ask of others’ Quirks without--”

Listen up, Class 1-A!

Her question was interrupted by the teacher. A new one. She gave a quizzical look towards Shane, as if asking him an unspoken question, but quickly shifted her attention to more important details, namely the emergence of iron walls in the arena that was the training grounds, which the new teacher identified as a maze. What the flying fuck? Holy shit! This was going way above the grade of ‘starting day’. She didn't have time to get her awe out of her system before she was again, made to look at the next center of focus- a girl with curly dark-brown, nearly black, hair, who declared, no, ORDERED the others to follow her if they wanted to get through, and just strode into the maze like nothing.

Almighty above.” She muttered quietly, and pinched the bridge of her nose. The girl was just as bad as Raven Boy. Heading straight into a maze after an aside glance and a statement that was directed to no one? What was she trying to do, emulate something she’d seen on TV? Did she think she looked cool? Holy crud, the whole class was filled with dorks. Claudia could feel a migraine coming on. This was going to be a tough few years. She turned her attention to the rest of the group. “We shouldn't waste any time. I’m not too sure how well our Quirks will work out for us in a maze, given that some of us have Quirks that are still kept under wraps,” she looked at both Shane and Stella, but mostly included herself in that same group, “but I’m fairly confident we’d be able to survive for two hours, at least. I suggest we proceed with caution, nonetheless. Overconfidence, after all, is a slow and insidious killer.” As Mom said once. She was full of these kinds of statements, and dispensed her wisdom occasionally in her tranquil fits of rage over the phone.

The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit Elysium Elysium Foogels Foogels

Fischer
Interactions
simj26 simj26 The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit Foogels Foogels
Mentions sullen sullen

Claudia didn't answer. Was that a stupid question? Or was it just wrong place and time? Shane hoped it was the latter. Being mostly homeschooled didn't teach him much in the way of social etiquette. He'd ask someone later. Maybe Stella, since she was a girl he said more than two word to-

Did she actually just snap a photo? Did he forget he gave her permission? That was likely, considering him. He changed his train of thought.

"Matt."

He didn't get anything else out before being interrupted.

Right now, teacher two point oh was here. Talking about training, then firing the starting gun.

Again, the stiff-necked Fischer kept a poker face when the walls erupted, but he couldn't stop his bushy black eyebrows from raising, or his eyes from wandering.

Nice. It would be more fun than running laps or some strength test like shot putting. He pulled his hair back as well. Claudia wasn't the only one who could rock a ponytail. Fischer gave her a quick thumbs up.

With a shrug, Fischer responded to Claudia about his secret quirk.

"I call it Mulligan. I get second chances. I'll probably end up showing you in a minute."

With that, Fischer strode forward, no hesitation, until he came across a large pit.

"Hm."

Fischer's body went ethereal, and a second Fischer erupted from the original, similarly ethereal.

And the new Fischer dropped down in the hole. After a few seconds, the original returned to full HD.

"That fall would put almost anyone out of the running."

Again with the ethereal effect as Fischer stepped back several feet and then bolted towards the gap.

Last second, the orignal, screeched to a halt while the image kept going, making an impressive distance, but still not making it across.

His body snapped back, and he muttered some more.

"Too long for my current strength."

Another image tried wall-running, and again, almost promising attempt.

"Nice. Nothing."

Well, he was stuck. Maybe one of the others, if they followed him, would have something.

Meanwhile, he took a few deep, slow breaths to recover from the slight fatigue from just creating low stress images. He had yet to do the hard part of his quirk.

"If I could just close the last few feet, I could get to the other side."

Mathew Pilles, f5c69009ce6356e6de64c283b59720d6.jpgObstacle Maze
Mathew was just smiling and listening when Fischer said his name. Matt was about to respond when the teacher came out and inturupted him. Matt then saw the maze pull up out of the ground. Metal, good, Matt might be able to do something. But when the pitfall was sprung up, a rather "thick skinned" student picked up one of the female students by him and threw her like a javelin. She went flying with such a speed it was almost too quick that she slammed into the wall. Mathew was taken aback. He literally saw this and barely heard the girl shout that she was okay, but it was more of a groan then a confident yell.

Just as fast as another female student made a bridge made of rock Fischer told his quirk and literally duplicated and killed himself multiple times. These guys are all hardcore. Looks like he was going to have to do something. He should go make sure that girl was okay. She just slammed into a metal wall after all. He turned back to Stella and Claudia. He put his arm behind his head and spoke up. "Hey, I'm going to make sure that girl is okay, I don't know what the hell they were thinking, she's walking though so she is probably okay due to her quirk. Also Stella," He looked at her with a smile and teasingly said "Take a better picture of me, now I'm expecting it." He started to run away towards the pit and locking his eyes on the metal wall where the girl crashed. He was pretty quick, doing track for 4 years straight and practicing all summer was worth it. He started sprinting, he focused on the wall and started to try pulling it to him, it wasn't going to move, but that was the plan.

Matt started to feel a little lighter and started going a little faster. He could see the edge of the pit closing in, he continued his speed in his feet until the last step at the edge of the pit. He bent his knees and kept his body in line pulling himself towards the wall, he landed at the other edge of the pit, landing on his feet quickly tucking and rolling into his right shoulder jumping back up and jogging over to the girl who slammed into the wall.

He eventually caught up to her passing the other people. He started to walk next to her and without a smile, looked her in the face and asked "Are you all right? You slammed into that was extremely hard. I'm sure it had to do with your quirk but you look injured." He was being serious. He needed to know if she was okay before he did anything else. She seemed like she was pretty injured, he was impressed that anyone could happily get up after that.

(Interacting: simj26 simj26 The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit Elysium Elysium _Line 213 _Line 213 )

Emvi Square
Interacting with: SomebodyElse SomebodyElse , Leusis Leusis NightMoves NightMoves , Foogels Foogels

"Y-Yeah, I'm...I'm alright," Emvi forced out, pairing an uncertain smile as she rubbed at the side of her arm. Despite the force of the throw, she didn't seem particularly injured, just a little rattled. "Shaken, but alright." It was a little surprising that someone had even come over and decided to ask; not even Tsurei asked her if she was doing alright, though maybe that had something to do with her distaste for the maneuver. Impactful in the wrong way, probably.

Having already started off down the branching pathway she had been told to walk down, Emvi glanced over her shoulder; she hadn't taken the chance to see how Matt had managed to cross the gap, but he apparently did it easily enough. Chances are he used Tsurei's bridge like everyone else. Looking back to Matt, she reaffirmed her smile, furrowing her brow as she took a proper look at him. She recognized him earlier enough from her glance around the classroom and the various groups scattered about the training grounds before all this happened, but she hadn't actually managed to talk to the boy until then.

"I'm, um, Emvi," she offered, supplying a slight, sheepish wave. "Um, heck of a maze, right? Tsurei says that we should try heading down this way, something about the wind." With that, she started walking again, looking over her shoulder as she expected the boy to follow. "I'm not super great at this whole thing, so..."

1524629070289.png
Rebecca Black
Feeling: Calm
Whitewater: Training grounds
Interaction: One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost Xel Xel
Rebecca was yawned a little, still being tired from getting up so early this morning. She looked at Toki as she mentioned her interest and such. "Nice, but yeah I'm more or less the same except I really enjoy scary movies and I'm a pretty good cook" She said with a smile, "my favorite movies are vampire movies, especially the ones with the scary vampires and not the ones that have sparkly, supposedly attractive vampire, but I suppose attractiveness is a good trait for a vampires to have" she said with a glance at Dante. She though to her self for a minute "oh yeah and I really like-" "Listen up, Class 1-A! You may call me Velox, and I'll be your Hero Basic Training teacher from now on. Let me firstly remind you all of why you're here today: Whether or not your intentions line up with those around you, you've all come to Whitewater to train to become the next generation of heroes. This class is meant to prepare you for the responsibilities you face in that line of work." The teacher had shouted out. Rebecca had been cut off and suddenly lost her train of though in what she was going to say.

She looked back at Dante and Toki with a wicked smile once the Maze appeared. She started running ahead into the maze and shouted back "come on you slow pokes we haven't got all day. She made a couple turns into the maze but so far she couldn't find anyone else, maybe they had taken other turns or were further ahead than her. Suddenly she felt the ground beneath her let go. She fell into a small pit, one she could just barely reach out of, maybe it was just to slow people down or something like that, either way it was the perfect hiding place because the shadow of the pit and walls over it covered the pit in darkness and blocked out the sun. She smiled and laughed a bit, as darkness engulfed her body and she waited to scare the living hell out of Dante or Toki or the next person that walked by.

full
Stella Cain
Training Grounds
simj26 simj26 Elysium Elysium Foogels Foogels
Wow! Wow wow wow! Now, this was impressive! Dreary teachers be damned, this kind of showing was all she needed to be convinced. This place was the real deal. Or at least, whoever had been in charge of its death traps was the real deal. Just how much did this maze cost? Actually, how much did it cost to cover all the damages the students did to it? She shuddered at the thought, but it also painted a pretty clear picture of just how big a deal this place really was.

But ultimately that thought was a secondary one. What came first, was gawking at this mechanical masterpiece that sat in from of her. Whirling gears. Shifting floors. Bottomless pits. Ah! It was almost too much. If they just threw in some pendulums, buzzsaws, and lasers then it'd be like she was in a genuine spy movie. Boy, that was an exciting thought. Imagine having access to a 007's gadgets or one of his villain's lairs. It wasn't exactly timely technology, but the craft behind it would be doubtlessly impressive. Which was why it was always so frustrating that it never got put to proper use. Gah. She was getting carried away. No need to daydream here, the real deal was right in front of her.

Okay. Okay. Get out of your head, Stella, just thinking about how cool the maze was isn't going to get you anywhere. She followed not far behind Matt, only, uh, walking over that nicely constructed bridge rather than leaping past it. She supposed she couldn't criticise him too much. If you had something, you might as well flaunt it, right? Secrets were for the untrustworthy and unconfident.

Er.

Nevermind that.

A familiar 'Snap Snap' began to sound out, but it wasn't in response to Matt's request. Some part of her might have apologized usually, but it was currently too busy being engrossed with the surroundings. She'd missed the beautifully heroic shot of him helping up the distressed damsel in favour of... A pit. And Claudia? Hoo. She was rude to that poor girl, even by her own standards. But priorities, right? Since this maze was moving who knew how long she had to document everything she wanted to. Even if most of the photos ended up useless on a practical level, they could at least prove a little inspiring.

That bridge actually kind of got in the way of the shot, but whatever. Moving on. There were sure to be plenty of sick and cool traps and trip falls further into the maze. Oh, she just couldn't wait! So she didn't. Bye, team. Without much regard for the other students, Stella rushed through the maze's middle door. Was it the right way? Who knew. Didn't matter. She followed the path for a few moments, thankfully left bereft of pitfalls, until a 'click' sounded out from her heel. Was that her foot? A bone clicking, maybe? Ah, no, it was probably a-

Instinctively, she threw herself both back down the hallway and towards the floor, a rush a wind rushing over her head barely a moment after she did.

A pressure plate. Thank god for Tsurei's monologuing, or else she might have caught a... Boxing glove to the head? Oh god. That was classic. Snapping a photo of the thing before it managed to retract into the wall, Stella grinned with pleasure. Now that she was paying attention, the whole corridor her was riddled with holes in the wall, no doubt filled with similarly leathery fists. Whoever designed this place really, really had good taste. She doubted she could make it down the hall on her own, though. So.

"Hey! Can any tough guys give me a hand in here!?" She yelled, quite carefree, as she picked herself up from the floor. Hopefully, someone could just like, shield her past this or something. Ditching for an easier path just seemed like it'd be disrespecting the craftsmanship of the place.

Mathew Pilles, e10fa37412039ef057c05cffe9713d8a.jpgObstacle Maze
Matt relaxed a little after he heard the girl say she was okay. He smiled and and let out some held in air. "Phew, I'm happy you're not injured. I'm a little durable myself but that would have left me there for a good while." He saw that the girl continued to walk and then looked back to him. He chuckled to her response to herself. It was kind of cute. "I'm Matt, and I can probably talk for the both of us." He continued to show his happy grin.

Matt caught up to her and thought this was the best time to introduce himself and start up a conversation. "My name is Mathew Pilles, but I like being called Matt. Emvi huh? I like that, it's short and nice." He was trying to make her not feel uncomfortable. He didn't know exactly what to ask about so he thought of the reason that they made it there. "So what's your quirk? Are you like, indestructible? Or like, do your bones not break?"

After asking this question Matt noticed that Emvi was doing a little limp. She seemed to look okay, no busted body parts, no bruises anywhere. But she was limping slightly. Matt saw this and instead of trying anything he thought he would ask first. Since trying to do something didn't go well a few minutes ago. "You look like you're limping, you want some help?" He smiled and looked her in the eyes to show he was being serious. He lifted his arm and gestured that he would help lift her if she needed.

(Interacting: _Line 213 _Line 213 SomebodyElse SomebodyElse Leusis Leusis NightMoves NightMoves )

Emvi Square
Interacting with: SomebodyElse SomebodyElse , Leusis Leusis , NightMoves NightMoves , Foogels Foogels , The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit

"S-Sure," Emvi stammered, taken off-guard completely as to what to say and how to react. She was hoping someone would check on her, but this was a bit above and beyond at the moment. Her face slowly flushed deeper and deeper shades of red as she allowed the boy to help her walk; at this point, she was probably just going to have to give up on her attempt at a good first-day impression. She let out a long sigh and shook her head, giving up internally as she allowed herself to lean against Mathew a little more. It took her a little time to really parse her question through her headache (and various other aches to boot), but she did eventually manage to get an answer out after a bit of time spent readjusting.

"...It's a little weirder than that. I, um...Basically when I get hit or thrown around, I take in the impact energy." A good enough explanation, considering her mind was still swimming somewhat. She barely even seemed to notice Stella running past the group and into one of the branching pathways; it was only once her voice echoed down the hall that she realized Stella had somehow gotten ahead of them. Turning her head towards the source of the echoing voice, her eyes widened a little bit; though she couldn't see the girl herself, she was pretty sure that she had gone down the wrong pathway. "Stella? Tsurei says that's the wrong way, are you alright?"

Is there really any point to asking whether or not she's alright when you can't really help? she thought to herself, letting out another sigh shortly afterward. Even so, she stared longingly down at Stella's pathway for a few moments, before looking over to the "correct" one. They could just get Stella out there and go down the right way, right? She couldn't have gotten herself in too deep. Though...If she did, and even if she didn't, wouldn't everyone get a better passing grade if they managed to get through the maze as quickly as possible? Was it really worth it to stop, especially when she could barely walk as it was?

Slowly, she glanced up at Mathew, looking at him with an oddly uncertain and unbelieving expression, as if she weren't sure why he was letting her lean against him in the first place. But if he was taking the time to help, then...

"Could you...maybe get us over to where Stella is?" she asked the blond-haired boy, managing a slight, yet pained smile, "no point in leaving anyone behind...Right?"

TOKIHANA ELLIONTraining Maze

sample_bf8b0ce652551d3bd2a4f8742fe9a4f2.jpg
Toki glanced off to the side at Becca's response. It was even more flirting. It was like the girl had to include some kind of flirting every time she opened her mouth. She couldn't help but think it would probably be better if she just left the two to their own, since she was getting massive third wheel vibes from the whole situation. Before Becca could finish, and before Dante could even begin to answer her question, the teacher showed up and announced the plans for the class. It was at that moment that the ground split open and a colossal mass of metal rose up from beneath the earth. Her gaze followed the structure's rise. Even for someone like her, you couldn't help but be impressed at such a massive building just rising up from the ground. While perhaps not very tall, it's surface area was larger than any building she had ever seen. While she was busy gawking other students were already charging forward, eager to show their worth.

While she could be impressed at the maze, she had no real desire to go through it. It would obviously require her quirk to get through it, and she wasn't keen on showing that much skin to a bunch of strangers. Alas, Becca clearly wasn't one for waiting and sped off after the other students, calling for both her and Dante to pick up the pace. She cast the boy a quick look, slightly uncomfortable with it just being the two of them after Becca's barrage of advances. So with nothing more than that quick look she went off after the raven-haired girl. She couldn't afford to get too far behind otherwise she ran the risk of being separated from her new comrades. A concern Becca didn't seem to have as the girl rushed through the maze. The signs of the other student's were already clear to see with the large stone bridge spanning the seemingly bottomless pits near the entrance. Once crossing that she followed in the direction Becca had gone, losing sight of her around the corner.

As she rounded said corner she was met with an empty hallway with a pitfall in the middle and several branching paths. She let out a small sigh as she slowly walked over to the hole, peering down into nothing but darkness. "Great... lost already." The words were quiet as she muttered to herself, looking around at the various paths she could go down. Well, the bright side of being alone was that she didn't have to worry about using her quirk. But there was still the possibility of other students coming this way behind her. Looking back down into the pit it didn't seem that deep. She gave a quick glance behind her before hopping down into the hole. The darkness should at least provide her with some cover should someone come by. But even so, she didn't want to run that chance so she quickly began unbuttoning the jacket around her torso before tossing it on the ground. Her quirk itself wasn't that bad, but she always hated this part. If anyone saw her she'd be labelled a pervert or something. The thought reddened her cheeks before she quickly shook her head to get rid of it. She had one minute to get this done, all she could do was hope nobody else came along in that minute.

Claudia DiamanteClaudia took in a deep breath, then exhaled. She had to calm down. Excitement was going to bring her nowhere fast. She watched as the other students, including Fischer break formation from their groups and filed into the maze like lambs to the slaughter. She removed her phone from the pocket, and opened the timer app. She set the timer to 100 minutes, then shoved the phone back into her pocket. Right. Fischer, Matt, and Stella had already disappeared from her side, intent on doing something. There was something suspicious about how the teacher wished them luck. There was especial focus on the word ‘try’. Was this setting them up for failure? Unlike a live opponent, this was an obstacle course-cum-maze. She had time to plan beforehand, outside of the time limit. She rubbed her chin, and started to walk into the maze, before she noticed the raven boy’s entourage split up from him. That raven of his…it would be useful, if it was as smart as the boy made it out to be. He seemed engrossed with the black-haired girl, and she swore she could see him salivating. Hm.

This would not be the first gambit she pulled, and it would not be the last, and not every one of them had fallen through, but it was at least worth a try.

Raven boy. You going to follow her like a poor pup on a leash? Would have thought you to be more man than that. ” She gave her most obnoxious scoff and a snort of derision. “If I need a new floor mat, you’re the first on my list, you poor tool. Truly pathetic.” With that, she flicked her hair behind her, gave a derisive sneer, and turned around, before sauntering into the maze.

She bumped into Fischer first, as if fate would have it. She wasn’t lying when she said he was handsome, and it was just any other compliment. She didn't think it would have flustered him so. As she watched him attempt to clear the gap in front of him, she was entertained by the thought that this boy was one after her own heart, bless him. He was trying so hard, and she could just make out effort etched out on his face. But, as her mother said, the definition of stupidity was trying the same thing over and over again, and expecting something different. “No, stop.” Claudia’s hand shot forwards and grabbed hold of Fischer’s shoulder. “Relax. There’s no need to exhaust yourself this early. This is barely even the first act. If you expend every last ounce of energy trying to brute force your way through every last obstacle, you’re going to wear yourself out. We’ll find another way around.

She turned around, and walked back, faster now- she had been impeded. Best to make time. She reached the entrance again, and this time took the closest passageway, where another familiar figure was standing.

Shutterbug.” She greeted the girl without much fanfare. “I’m going to forgive you for your transgressions against good manners, but I’d rather you not just run off again. I need you. Probably.” She shrugged. “I don’t really know. Now what’s this?” She took a step forwards, and immediately retreated when she heard a clicking sound. A boxing glove shot forwards, and purely out of instinct, she swiped upwards, the sleeve of her training suit tearing apart as an obsidian blade erupted from it, and sliced clean through the apparatus, which clattered on the floor noisily. The remaining stump of the arm punched ineffectually at empty air. Her arm returned back to its fair, sinewy appearance, but the sleeve remained torn. She looked at it disdainfully, then shrugged.

Stay with me and move across. I’ll take whatever heads your way.” The plan was simple. The moment a trap sprung, she’d move to the source and absorb the blow. Or even just destroy it outright. “Let’s go.

One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost Elysium Elysium The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit

Manabu watched as Emvi flew threw the air and smacked straight into the wall. It seemed that John had super strength, or some form of it. That was a pretty useful quirk. It appeared that he didn’t quite have control over it. A shame, but still good.

Sadly, for Emvi, Tsurei came and created a bridge like it was nothing. That was pretty lame, he had been looking forward to being thrown.

“I’m Manabu.” He said to the man, figuring that it was probably polite for him to give his name to one that had given his own.

Manabu looked around as he crossed the bridge to see that the whole maze was turning into a madhouse. People ran in without care and sprung more traps, others ran down branching paths on their own. It was interesting to see how disorganized people could be in these kinds of situations.

“I offered to be the test run.” He said as he caught up to Emvi who was now being held up by some blonde who the boy didn’t even bother to acknowledge. Manabu looked Emvi up and down, seeing that there were no real physical injuries. He was definitely surprised by how tough she was. Honestly, he thought she would be broken and unable to move after that throw. “Good job though. You seemed to take it well enough.” Manabu complimented in his dull tone, then proceeded to move on to the topic of the maze.

“We don’t know which way is the wrong or right way at this point. There might be air flowing through one pathway, but that could easily just be a decoy.” He said simply. “Also, there is no roof above us and this maze is huge, so the air flow could really be coming from anywhere.”

Manabu looked to all the paths. He wasn’t really sure what to do in this situation. All of the paths could lead to victory at this point, but so could only one of them. If only there was a way to test all of the paths. “We could always exchange cell phone numbers and split up to go to the branching paths, then text the others when we reach a dead end.” The boy proposed. Was this the team work that Emvi was talking about earlier? It felt…weird.

“That’s basically trial and error and might take a while though…” He said out loud, the maze was extremely huge. Perhaps his idea wasn’t good after all.

SomebodyElse SomebodyElse , Leusis Leusis , NightMoves NightMoves , Foogels Foogels , _Line 213 _Line 213

Last edited:
Mathew Pilles, 5f2026ce677604dc99c9b8a4c6f25202.jpgObstacle Maze
Mathew looked down at Emvi and nodded in agreement. Matt was about to offer to have Emvi on his back be she seemed to be leaning on him quite a bit. If she wasn't leaning on him because she was hurt then he would have maybe tried to make move, he probably had an even more red face. Because at the moment he was flush in the face but he could have been worse. But before Matt could think about it more and ask a boy came up and said that it was supposed to be him that smashed into the wall. And then complimented her.

Matt listened to this guy go on about reasons we were doing bad and then said that we should exchange phone numbers. Matt thought that was a good idea but he didn't even know the boys name and the boy didn't know his. Matt spoke up saying "Uh, exchanging numbers is a good idea but, I don't even know your name, I'm Mattew Pilles, but I like to be called Matt." He smiled and nodded, he would have shaken his hand but he was afraid that if he moved too much that Emvi would be in pain and he didn't want that. He looked back at Emvi and pulled out his phone. "You guys have new gen phones? Give me your contacts." He pressed a button and smiled reaching his phone out to Emvi and then the boy.

He looked at the boy, looked at him from his feet to his face, he stopped at his face, he had no emotion. It was strange. Matt will have to befriend him. He then looked back to Emvi and asked "Still wanna go get Stella? If so, would you like to walk or do you want to get on my back. I wouldn't mind." He smiled and adjusted himself to make sure he was taking the load of the weight. Matt might have not looked buff but he definitely wasn't weak. Years of wrestling and track had to give him something.

(Interacting: SomebodyElse SomebodyElse NightMoves NightMoves _Line 213 _Line 213 The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit )

Tsurei Fukayashi
Maze
Open to Interaction

Tsurei turned to Emvi.

"If you want go after Stella, then you may do so, I'll see you at the end. Maybe you can catch up to me."
I suppose there is nothing I can do to convince her, but she needs to have confidence in her own decisions instead of continuing to second guess herself like she does.
It will only be better this way she can improve and learn correctly. I would love to help her build that confidence but this is a test.

“I’m Manabu.”

It's him again. Is he going to be useful ever?

I offered to be the test run.”

“Good job though. You seemed to take it well enough.”

“We don’t know which way is the wrong or right way at this point. There might be air flowing through one pathway, but that could easily just be a decoy.” He said simply. “Also, there is no roof above us and this maze is huge, so the air flow could really be coming from anywhere.”

“That’s basically trial and error and might take a while though…”

"Inconsequential, if you walk down an alleyway, the air breeze still hits you from it's direction, if you walk down a open street, again the air current still hits you from it's direction, if we walk down a maze with no roof, the air again will still hit you, it only makes it more suspicious why there is airflow at all in one direction but not in the other two. Infact unless both sides of the maze are open, there cannot be airflow at all. So if you go down the other paths you are ignoring the weirdness and suspiciousness and going off a guess. Be my guest."

"If you can't see why you should be following me then do as you please. There is no other evidence in this area I've checked, there is no markings or hidden objects to suggest anything else. If it's a trap then it's a poor one as most people wouldn't even think or know to check the air."

A roof wouldn't change that, infact air coming through from above would get trapped by the walls, so a roof might even just prevent enough airflow.
Does he even think his actions out before doing them? He seems to ignore reality and just do everything wrong.

Tsurei walked into the right path.

We could always exchange cell phone numbers and split up to go to the branching paths, then text the others when we reach a dead end.”

"I don't have a phone so if you decide to go on one of the other paths this is where we separate. I'm sorry but that's how it is."

"Still wanna go get Stella? If so, would you like to walk or do you want to get on my back, I wouldn't mind."

I had hoped that Emvi would follow me, but it seems she will go after Stella with Mathew.
Since nobody seems to have any form of self preservation, I guess I will be the one.

Tsurei turned back to Manabu.

"Make your decision soon, I'm heading into the right path."

Tsurei headed into the right path.

NightMoves NightMoves Foogels Foogels _Line 213 _Line 213

Last edited:
Emvi Square
Interacting with: SomebodyElse SomebodyElse , NightMoves NightMoves , Foogels Foogels

"Well that sounds like a good...idea to...me," The group's plan seemed to quickly fall apart upon being rebuffed by Tsurei; she had moved beyond the gloomy uncertainty that Emvi had picked up in the classroom, and instead become something so horrifyingly confident that it was genuinely uncomfortable. Or, perhaps Emvi simply had her wrong from the beginning. She turned her head toward Stella's pathway, only to see another student go rushing in her direction with that same sort of confidence. Everyone there seemed to have two things Emvi didn't: self-assurance, and two working legs.

At that point, nothing really seemed like a good idea anymore.

"...Nevermind. I don't know what we should do anymore,"
she stated, looking to Mathew and Manabu, as if hoping that they would be more accepting of her fresh uncertainty than Tsurei seemed to be, "by the look of things, I've already messed up anyway." She glanced down at her still-hurting leg, twisting it a little bit as she furrowed her brow. Twinges of pain shot up the limb, but they were nowhere near as severe as they had been before. Slowly, she attempted to plant her foot down properly on the ground, easing some of her weight off of Matt for the first time. Perhaps, in Emvi's mind, it was some sort of lackluster attempt at an act of defiance. Was it wrong to try and help a friend, even if you...couldn't, really?

All this maze and class does is give me more questions that I don't know how to answer.

This wasn't what Emvi thought a hero course was going to be like at all, and it was only the first day. She had been asked what she wanted to do, and yet all her potential answers had been blasted into nothingness.

"Let's just...follow Tsurei," she eventually said, her voice nearly a whisper, and her earlier attempts at continued optimism finally gone.

Mathew Pilles, e10fa37412039ef057c05cffe9713d8a.jpgObstacle Maze
Matt was startled by the girls severe self confidence. She might have been smart and strong, but that doesn't mean she can be so rude to everyone else. She probably has a reason for it. Matt would have to talk to her at some point. She also didn't have a phone, which was slightly surprising. Matt heard Emvi slowly shut herself down and become sad. So he thought he would just try and help. But he thought maybe he should help by making Emvi tell him what to do, and give her some more confidence.

"Emvi, get on my back, I'll be your legs for now. Tell me where to go." Matt smiled and got down on a knee. He moved his head suggesting she get on his back. She obviously hurt her leg and now she didn't seem happy either. "We can follow Tsurei if you'd like. But I still think checking on Stella would be okay. It's up to you, just tell me where to go." He grinned and just stayed where he was. He was happy that he was able to help.

Matt saw Tsurei walk down the right path. He wanted to know why she was so confident. It was almost cool, but instead it seemed almost rude. How strange. Why does she seem so confident. Why is she acting like she's the only one that matters. It's almost irritating, and the fact that I'm feeling irritated is making me more irritated. I hope no one thinks I'm irritated. Matt was staring into space again. Matt shook his head and continued to smile.

Claudia DiamanteClaudia took in a deep breath, then exhaled. She had to calm down. Excitement was going to bring her nowhere fast. She watched as the other students, including Fischer break formation from their groups and filed into the maze like lambs to the slaughter. She removed her phone from the pocket, and opened the timer app. She set the timer to 100 minutes, then shoved the phone back into her pocket. Right. Fischer, Matt, and Stella had already disappeared from her side, intent on doing something. There was something suspicious about how the teacher wished them luck. There was especial focus on the word ‘try’. Was this setting them up for failure? Unlike a live opponent, this was an obstacle course-cum-maze. She had time to plan beforehand, outside of the time limit. She rubbed her chin, and started to walk into the maze, before she noticed the raven boy’s entourage split up from him. That raven of his…it would be useful, if it was as smart as the boy made it out to be. He seemed engrossed with the black-haired girl, and she swore she could see him salivating. Hm.

This would not be the first gambit she pulled, and it would not be the last, and not every one of them had fallen through, but it was at least worth a try.

Raven boy. You going to follow her like a poor pup on a leash? Would have thought you to be more man than that. ” She gave her most obnoxious scoff and a snort of derision. “If I need a new floor mat, you’re the first on my list, you poor tool. Truly pathetic.” With that, she flicked her hair behind her, gave a derisive sneer, and turned around, before sauntering into the maze.

She bumped into Fischer first, as if fate would have it. She wasn’t lying when she said he was handsome, and it was just any other compliment. She didn't think it would have flustered him so. As she watched him attempt to clear the gap in front of him, she was entertained by the thought that this boy was one after her own heart, bless him. He was trying so hard, and she could just make out effort etched out on his face. But, as her mother said, the definition of stupidity was trying the same thing over and over again, and expecting something different. “No, stop.” Claudia’s hand shot forwards and grabbed hold of Fischer’s shoulder. “Relax. There’s no need to exhaust yourself this early. This is barely even the first act. If you expend every last ounce of energy trying to brute force your way through every last obstacle, you’re going to wear yourself out. We’ll find another way around.

She turned around, and walked back, faster now- she had been impeded. Best to make time. She reached the entrance again, and this time took the closest passageway, where another familiar figure was standing.

Shutterbug.” She greeted the girl without much fanfare. “I’m going to forgive you for your transgressions against good manners, but I’d rather you not just run off again. I need you. Probably.” She shrugged. “I don’t really know. Now what’s this?” She took a step forwards, and immediately retreated when she heard a clicking sound. A boxing glove shot forwards, and purely out of instinct, she swiped upwards, the sleeve of her training suit tearing apart as an obsidian blade erupted from it, and sliced clean through the apparatus, which clattered on the floor noisily. The remaining stump of the arm punched ineffectually at empty air. Her arm returned back to its fair, sinewy appearance, but the sleeve remained torn. She looked at it disdainfully, then shrugged.

Stay with me and move across. I’ll take whatever heads your way.” The plan was simple. The moment a trap sprung, she’d move to the source and absorb the blow. Or even just destroy it outright. “Let’s go.

One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost Elysium Elysium The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit

Fischer
Interactions
simj26 simj26
Mentions N/A

Fischer stiffened upon feeling a hand on his shoulder. Shit, he had been so focused on trying to get across this pit that he let his guard down. It took all his restraint not to turn around and slug whoever it was.

And he was glad he didn't when he heard Claudia's voice. Then Fischer realized that a girl was touching him. His face when slightly pink and he stood a lot more rigidly than usual.

"Don't sneak up on me. It's trained reflex to attack."

She spoke about how he was going about this wrong. The fuck would she know? His first instinct was to tell her to take a flying fuck at the moon, but that would be rude. She had been kind to him, and she was just trying to help. Plus she was making a bunch of sense. With a nod, he agreed with Claudia, and moved to follow, forcing the frustration at her and himself down.

A twinge of shame started to creep into his psyche as he docilely followed Claudia. He here was, relying on somebody else. His father would have knocked his ass out for being so pathetic. His head hung slightly as he fought against the weight growing in his chest.

His quirk was useless in this maze. All he had were his own brawn, brain, and balls. And all of those were apparently worthless in this scenario. Had to follow behind a girl who had a better quirk. God dammit.

Fischer silently followed his blonde... friend? Acquaintance? Whatever. Didn't matter. Didn't stop him from feeling like a tool. His eyes remained firmly on everything but Claudia. If he had to rely on anybody to make it through the first day, he'd resign. Was his quirk really that limited? Why did he think about shouting out Claudia for calling him out in his own bullshit?

These thoughts all tortured him as he picked his way over a set of tripwires sitting in front of a pressure plate.

Which was sitting in front of another pressure plate, that Fischer couldn't really see without his glasses and his mental whirlwind.

K-chunk

Fischer heard a familiar click,and Fischer sent his hand up in time to slap a crossbow-type bolt out of the way, on trained reflex.

Maybe his quirk was useless, but that word would never describe Fischer as a whole. Fischer took a long breath as he cleared his thoughts.

"Sorry, distracted. It won't happen again."

Fischer cracked his neck from side to side, then he removed his upper layers of clothing and footwear.

"That's better."

Fischer stretched a bit, and winced as some of his fresher injuries disagree with the movement.

"Shall we win? Even if this isn't a competition, there's always a winner."

Fischer's head was back in the game. He'd deal with himself later.

Last edited:
“Manabu.” He said to the blonde as he held out his phone. Honestly, he was surprised by the boy. He hadn’t realized he was there to begin with.

Manabu let out a long sigh as the events around him unfolded. He wasn’t going to get into an argument with the rock thrower, but it seemed as if her spiel had persuaded Emvi.

“Air works kind of like a liquid, it will come in from above, since there is no roof. The reason why we’re feeling airflow from that particular direction is probably because it’s come up and around the wall from hitting it directly on the other side.” He attempted to explain before the rock girl went off, but she walked off much too quickly. Oh well, he wasn’t really going to argue his reasoning anyway. Perhaps the way she was going was really the right way, but not for the reasons she understood.

“Anyway, since this maze is approximately the size of four football fields. There is no way we would be able to detect the ever so tiny draft that has made its way through the maze and all the way to the entrance from the end. This is because the draft that has made its way in through the exit has more than likely already split multiple times and most of it has probably gone up and over the wall by now.” Manabu said to the two beings that were still with him. “Basically, what I’m saying is that any draft we’re feeling is probably because there is no roof.”

With that explanation out of the way, Manabu decided that he should probably get a move on. “Either way, go with her plan, go with mine. I don’t particularly care but decide quickly since we are wasting time by just standing here. At least if you go with her I’ll be able to text you if I reach a dead end, or vice versa. It would be nice to have one other person whose number we could get to go down the middle path though…” The young man said as he looked around. If only they had gotten Stella’s number…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back