• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom My Hero Academia: Our Steps

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
[class=Notes] // Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design, these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. These comments must be with in a class or script tags in order to be hidden, from what I know// // Long URls are images # followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes or color codes.// // This code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code When typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press enter it will not show that you did. you'll have to use the
tags// // Square sized images also will look best but if you have a non square image it'll still work Don't worry// [/class]
[class=Notes] //The code above makes sure everything is the same font and is the mx width the code takes up on a post// [/class] [class=ColorBlock] background-color:#A3BABB; color:white; padding:10px; font-family:Comfortaa; font-size:5; // This is the box of color around everything change this and you change all the colors The Font simply won't work using the class and uses the regular Font tag in the code if you have a single word font you would like to use instead remove the bbc tags in code and simple change it here// [/class]

[div class=ColorBlock]
19c1e105b2716154e5aaae431c1b0e1e.jpg
[div class=ColorBlock]// Leonardo Vann //

Being dragged around the place wasn't something that he particularly enjoyed, though he stayed relatively silent if not a little panicked while he tried to keep up with her pace. She was strong, that was for sure. Stronger than her appearance suggested, so he tried following as best as he could. Leo could feel the coldness of her skin against his own, and how it felt like the skin of someone who was dead.

His heartbeat picked up due to a mixture of fear, confusion and excitement. He did not know where she was taking him, and the possibilities that his mind creates for him are either extremely frightening or mundane. Was it food or a secluded area where she could tell him off for being an annoyance without having anyone around? Though he very much doubts that there is such a place on a boat of all things. Regardless, his mind wanders into a world of pessimistic conclusions.

They went over to the dance hall, for which he still wonders of the reason it exists in the first place on a boat full of teenagers. A buffet was laid out and food that might rival that of the Hogwart's Feast was there. This is quite the rich school after all, so he shouldn't exactly be surprised at the sight. Bringing him here was an unnecessary waste of time though, because he is fine. He can do without a bit of food. Though his heart is touched at the thought that someone was worried about him.

"Thank you, but I'm fine. I don't really need to eat, I'm perfectly alright. You shouldn't have to worry about me," he refuses. Though the food was tempting in every way, he will refuse. Besides, heroes are forced to work under any sort of condition whether they're hungry or not so this could be part of his would-be training. "As much as I appreciate it, I- uh, I - I can't." His stomach disagrees with him, as he does feel undeniably hungry though he suppresses it. He felt like a burden, as they'd come all this way for nothing.

[div class=ColorBlock]
Interacting: PlusUltra PlusUltra
Mentioned: N/A.
Located: Yacht, Dance Hall.
[/div][/div] [/div]

Last edited:

• EUu008U.png

Jane Dorethy Delacroix
    Mentions: Roxasarass Roxasarass

Crossing her arms she looks up at him "If that was true the suggestion would not have entered your mind, unless it was a lie of some kind in order to leave?" A few more seconds of silence as those eye drill a little deeper, Had she made a mistake already and he was attempting a excuse to leave? It was possible though his curiosity on earlier subjects, his appearance and words would needed to have been one prolonged deception. No that was unlikely, and considering it further would do her no aid.

Her hand moves to the side "While the school may have resources to waste on such things. That doesn't mean they should be entirely wasted, abandon any sense of humility or manners for the moment as this test will dictate if you advance further most likely and distractions will hamper your display and first impressions to the assessors" her hand snaps back to smack towards his stomach "But more importantly, I have a strong distaste for excuses or lies......So eat". She was definitely seeming quite set on the issue for whatever reason.

"If you must treat it as part of a example for the future, there is no telling when you will be needed, and you will need to give everything when that is. So it's your responsibility to be at your best you can be at that time, less you want to risk failing those that need you" Looking out for the others welfare was a key part of making a successful bond, though perhaps this as why they had value if this is what they took, frustrating either way.

Though the thought does occur if perhaps there was some facet of his quirk he did not want to reveal out of secrecy or maybe even embarrassment. The blood does transmit nutrients, perhaps he consumes items in a alternate way? Those crystal glands on the back could maybe be orifices as well for drawing things in....similar to a flys method of eating, or even a ribbon worm?.

She turns to the side in thought running over the idea and potential solutions. She would not let this fail.

Last edited:

[class=Notes] // Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design, these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. These comments must be with in a class or script tags in order to be hidden, from what I know// // Long URls are images # followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes or color codes.// // This code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code When typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press enter it will not show that you did. you'll have to use the
tags// // Square sized images also will look best but if you have a non square image it'll still work Don't worry// [/class]
[class=Notes] //The code above makes sure everything is the same font and is the mx width the code takes up on a post// [/class] [class=ColorBlock] background-color:#A3BABB; color:white; padding:10px; font-family:Comfortaa; font-size:5; // This is the box of color around everything change this and you change all the colors The Font simply won't work using the class and uses the regular Font tag in the code if you have a single word font you would like to use instead remove the bbc tags in code and simple change it here// [/class]

[div class=ColorBlock]

As much as he wishes to retort, she had points he couldn't argue against. And he hated that. It was true that all of this food would be wasted if nobody had decided to eat it even if the school was rich. He couldn't reach for or create excuses. Thinking of them would only be wastes of time. So he simply lets out a sigh and accepts that he's incapable of saying no now.

Though he will make sure that he is not going to be eating alone. Eating in isolation has it's own charm, but so does eating with people. He'll eat. She seems overly worried towards someone she's only just met a few minutes ago. Getting worked up over him not eating right isn't worth the effort. "You remind me of my sister," he says. Jane did remind him of her in a few aspects, like practically dragging him to food just because he wasn't eating right. That was definitely something she'd do.

With a bit of hesitation, Leo walks over to the buffet table and grabs himself a plate before putting down whatever had looked good. "You should join me and eat something too, Jane. You took all the effort to drag me here after all, you should grab a bite to eat too." He picks out a few pieces of chicken and other things. "Unless you don't want to, of course. I'm not forcing you to. You might have allergies and stuff, I don't know." Seeing some pizza, he grabs a few slices.

It'd be a waste of her time to just drag someone who you only just met to a buffet and not join them. So he thinks she should definitely join him. Once he's finished taking whatever food he deems should be put into his mouth and consumed, he takes a seat at a nearby table and waits to see if she's going to join him.

[div class=ColorBlock]
[/div][/div] [/div]

Last edited:

• EUu008U.png

Jane Dorethy Delacroix
    Mood: Mood

If she currently had breath left in her lungs she would have sighed in relief. The first step was a success, pushing to hard on most things would break them...and this may have been one but luckily he had relented.

Though confusion returned at the mention of a sister, she didn't have that luxury though for some reason that escaped her the comment didn't go unapeciated. After a moment more of starring she speaks again "I wouldn't know, I....lack experiance in that area to judge" the word lack was slightly more forceful than she intended but she didn't know why, lacking siblings was not unnatural at least by modern standards. It may have made certain aspects of life more interesting but all that came to mind was images of siblings she had seen from a distance, confusing relationships that were almost hypocritical in nature.

Shaking her head, that wasn't important, focus on the current matter. Jane releases a tight fist she hadn't noticed she was making, he was making a similar offer in return so this only furthered her belief this was going well. "It would be hypocritical of me to refuse, and no I don't have any particular allergies.....other than finding excessive seasoning unpleasent" moving herself to the table and giving it a quick scan, methodically gathering food as a growing pile of mostly meat items starts to form.

Taking a seat opposite him she moves to take a bite. Her previous words hadn't seemed to move her mouth much, so it is only now that the rows of sharp teeth can be seen. Jane takes a experimental bite of the chicken as well but giving little care for the bone, teeth seemingly cutting through with little resistance leaving her to chew slowly. Good, they hadn't over salted it.

Last edited:
418be45896606f9dc24c25354dd182e8 2.pngAnthony Sphathe (Ignore the bloody bag and mouth.)
Mood: Confused, tired.
Mentions: GhostTrail GhostTrail Regynleif Regynleif Japanime Japanime
Anthony listened to as the girl gave the rules. They were simple enough. The teams made enough sense too, the people that were already together stay on a team together. Anthony's mood had completely changed. Instead of being his normal gloomy self he was happier. He was excited to experience something new and prove the others wrong that he would be bad at it. It was mainly the ladder. Proving people wrong was a guilty pleasure of Anthony's. He looked back to Rumi with a wide smile and scratched the back of his head with one arm. "I've never actually played before. But I'm sure we got this." He cut his glare back to the other kids. "Don't hold back either, or I'll eat you" He chuckled as to be joking but in reality the chuckling was him trying to cover up his slip up. He'd always use that threat to people who messed with him, but these people didn't even know his quirk and weren't being rude. He readied himself by finishing his last stretch and waiting for the others to start. Man these guys are asking for it. They want me to play on a team with someone who is self proclaimed bad at this game, and now they know I've never played before. They'll hold back and lose, and if they go all in, then I'll be able to grasp what they're like. Is it bad that this sounds fun? Hopefully I don't seem weird, though I guess I always end up that way. This sport is so pointless yet I'm having so much fun thinking about winning. This is weird.

[div class=ColorBlock]

Leo eats his food in silence, glancing around the dance hall every once and a while. Though he always seems to keep taking glances back at Jane as now he feels a tad bit awkward just sitting quietly and he wonders if he should say something to break the awkward tension that he feels. He chews his food with his mouth closed, silently contemplating whether or not to worry more or just eat.

Looking again, he notices something. And that something is that she's bitingthroughbone. How in the fuck- how? How strong is this woman who can chew through bone seemingly without any ounce of effort? How healthy must her teeth be to be able to do that? Looking closer now, he sees that she has a set of sharp teeth. Really sharp teeth. That can cut through bone. And that is, he has to admit, terrifying.

Realizing that he's staring, he quickly looks over to his food and eats because hey, it's rude to stare at people while they eat. And now he tries to find something else to focus on instead. Like eating. Like he's supposed to be doing. So he does, and looks around while doing so. As expected of a dance hall, there is music playing. And he recalls that the teacher(he assumes she is) said dance halls, and not dance hall. Implying there are multiple.

......It would be a waste not to use it since they prepared it and all. And there isn't much else to do except swim in the swimming pool, play volleyball or just talk. He knows he's questioned why a dance hall was put here in the first place, but he'd be lying if he said the idea of dancing wasn't intriguing him in any way. It's here, so why not use it?

Actually, never mind. It's a stupid idea, he thinks to himself. They are here to eat and that's it. So he simply continues to eat, eyes shifting all over while he disregards the idea of dance.

[div class=ColorBlock]
[/div][/div] [/div]

Last edited:

• EUu008U.png

Jane Dorethy Delacroix

Jane continues her slow bites, chewing away as the plates gradually empty, all the while looking towards Leo. *Mutual offers and consideration into the others well being has completed, conversation too....no wait, that was more me wasn't it?, showing interest with questions? Yes that seems right* her gaze not moving as she swallows, though a slight tilt of her head as the thiught carrues on.

*Though what subject? A item relating to the upcoming test or personel*. Janes mind finally sets on a course and takes a breath to prepare the attempt, something she would hold genuine interest in.

"So, what.....what did have you decided to attend here? Given the prevalence of quirks there is a reason you chose one of the high risk career paths, I.....am curious as to you personal motive" The entire question comes out somewhat awkwardly but definitely showing interest, and a determined focus breaking into her tone once more.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20181013-221351_Google.jpg

Tomoki Fuji
Interacting: Athena and Rumi
Mentions: GhostTrail GhostTrail Regynleif Regynleif Foogels Foogels

"The Quirk rule sounds good to me!" He shouted with a thumbs up and grin. Then he walked over to his teammate who was stretching. "I sure did bring my A game! And I'm trusting you so don't let me down, ok?" He said with a wink and smile before starting to do stretches next to her.

A flock of noisy seagull were squawking over their heads and squabbling about something. They wheeled and arced, their raucous cries ringing. There was a strange glamour to their timeless call as they soared between the wands of God-goldened light. The yacht bobbed and lolled like a toy in a bath as the bright sun laminated us with warmth. Tomoki stood up after he stretched. "You guys ready?"

[div class=ColorBlock]

Upon hearing the question, he paused. Swallowing down the food he was chewing, he became dead silent. In the reality of things, he does not know what it is exactly that compelled him to pursue the career of a pro hero. Maybe it was because he was just following along with the other kids who admired heroes and so, convinced himself to actually become one. He doubts that's the case here.

He only knows that he wants to be a hero. It could be that he's following in the footsteps of his mother, who was once a pro hero herself though is now retired. Perhaps he simply feels an obligation to continue her legacy since his siblings chose other paths in life. Perhaps he doesn't have an actual reason nor really need one. Some things in life don't.

Leo looked to be deep in thought as he took another bite at a piece of chicken. Once done with that, he lets out a sigh and answers. "That's a really good question. I, uh... I don't really think that-" He stumbles through his words, trying to find the right ones to say. "I don't really know if I have a real answer for that. Though I'd like to- uh... think that I'm becoming a hero to find a purpose in this life of mine."

He scratches the back of his head. "I wanna find a meaning to my life. A reason for um... whatever it is I wanna do. Maybe I wanna make people happy, be an inspiration to somebody, help people. Feel like I'm useful. I don't know. I just know that I wanna be a hero. It feels like the right path." It's barely a reason. He's got no personal motive, nothing really tragic that makes him want to be a hero, nothing like that.

"What about you? What's your reason for coming here?" He asks her the same question.

[div class=ColorBlock]
[/div][/div] [/div]

Last edited:

• EUu008U.png

Jane Dorethy Delacroix

Jane listens intently as he speaks, her unblinking attention fully focused to him. The idea was there though it was clear even to her it hadn't fully been given form. Though inwardly she smiled, if anything it was selfless and certainly beat the answers she had overheard others give. Not for fame, fortune, status, power or any particular gain like so many on the news, Looking towards that Star on the pavement, heroes in proffession title only.

She shoves the darker thoughts to one side, while true that was exactly the type of illusion she wanted to dispell. He had a idea that could change and take a more concrete form, and it's one she could agree with. But to find a purpose....that was something that resonated far more closely, she thought she had found hers, the feeling was there.....But that meant nothing if she did not test it. Beliefs didn't mean anything if not challenged after all.

But now he was asking the same question in return, come to think of it while it was a question she had asked to great length for some time she had never actually localised it had she?. With a deep breath the sapphire orbs vanish into darkness again, before suddenly returning as she speaks.

"At it's core, I simply wish to be a hero. Though I won't deny I'm still.....pinning down what that is, by confirming what it isn't mostly. There is someone important to me who lost faith in heroes a long time ago, true heroes....not the ones just looking for the next rankings" her hand is tightening slightly as she continues "I....worry that they are not alone in that thought, but even if it's just that one person....I want to show them the hero they waited for exists"

To be the example she can't deny she thinks as her gaze moves to her hand, the conviction seeping in once more, the only path she will accept even it breaks her "Heroes exist to save people, and why I had previously considered becoming a doctor....but I think there is more to saving someone than merely mending the a body. And I think by becoming a hero I can do that.....when I confirm what that is either way" raising the head once more to look at him, it was strange...She hadn't really expected to let out that much, but in doing so it cemented the idea all the more firmly.

Last edited:
1540068278701.pngRumi Reinheart

Mood: Calm

Mentions: Foogels Foogels Japanime Japanime Regynleif Regynleif

The first thing Rumi did was grab the gloves out of her hoodie pocket and walk back over to her teammate. Rumi walked over the back side of the volleyball court. It was a better idea for her to be back here. Bumping was the best thing she could do. Stressful, but successful. "We're ready." She said this, but she wasn't sure how ready Anthony really was. She put her fingers together in the right formation to bump volleyballs. Her lower arms were ready. If worst came to worst then she would set and spike it, but that brings the opportunity to forfeit the game. Rumi took a deep breath and focused on the server from the other side. She responds to Anthony's playful threat a little late. "Let's just have a nice and calm game of volleyball. Though I guess making the opponents emotions rise could be in our favor. Besides, I don't go down easy." She chuckled very briefly and quietly to herself. Perhaps she's actually grown to like this person she's only just met. If they both pass the exam, then they'll have to hang out more.

Athena3.jpg
"I'm ready as well!" Athena gave Tomo a small pat on the back. They had decided to use their quirks but she hadn't. She couldn't use it without revealing it to her teammate and as it stood she didn't want to take any of his life force, though it seemed like he had plenty.

"Do you want to serve, Tomo?" Ena asked while moving to mid court to receive. Looking over at the other players she wondered what quirks they had. Why did that girl have gloves? Did she have a touch based quirk as well? She guessed she would find out soon enough as she readied herself and settled into her stance.

Japanime Japanime Foogels Foogels GhostTrail GhostTrail

[div class=ColorBlock]

He listens to her speak of the why she decided the path of heroism, paying all his attention towards her and her words. It was a question of importance and potentially a personal one so he treats it as such. Though whatever that reason may be, it'll be one better than his. For his is more or less just a half-baked thing that he still is not sure of. Being here feels like a step towards something and so long as he knows that he's moving forward, he'll continue through it. He isn't sure why, and he may never find out why.

Her reason was one he thought as amazing. To want to convince someone who'd given up on the heroes of this world, heroes that are both true to the word and those who tarnish it's very meaning, to want to convince someone that there is still somebody out there who truly embodies the meaning and make them believe again. That is something amazing all on it's own. That he knows.

And he shall not pry onto who this person is as it could a very personal matter, so he leaves it be. He can tell that she shows an incredible amount of dedication to all of this, and he believes that if she continues showing all that dedication and loyalty that she'll be able to change the heart of that one person. Perhaps even more of the ones who think the same way. She'll definitely make an amazing hero.

"You're gonna be a one hell of a hero," he says with full confidence. He can't find anything else to say to her next. He doesn't know what he should say. He feels awkward now as he always does.

[div class=ColorBlock]
[/div][/div] [/div]

Last edited:

• EUu008U.png

Jane Dorethy Delacroix

She shakes her head slowly the plates are moved to the side "No, simply a true one"

Jane's head moves to the dance floor "Though as I said, i still need to confirm what that is, And even then that desire is simply empty words until put into practice and contested. It's my aim to find what I need for that within the academy"

Her eyes seeming to focus on something not quite there "I want them to deny that wish, to encounter impossible obstacles and for them to break me with everything they have....that way I'll know for certain"

No she is talking too much, what was next...sharing time and experiences? The dance hall? No not something she has attempted before. The idea then comes to her "Though is there anything else you wish to do before the test?"

Last edited:
Screenshot_20181013-221351_Google.jpg

Tomoki Fuji
Interacting: Athena
Mentions: GhostTrail GhostTrail Regynleif Regynleif Foogels Foogels

"Sure! I'll serve!" Tomoki ran behind the end line at the back of the court. He held the white volleyball in his left hand, before tossing the ball up just slightly and patting the ball over the net.​

1540158814959.pngRumi Reinheart

Mood: Calm

Mentions: Foogels Foogels Japanime Japanime Regynleif Regynleif

The ball came to where Rumi was. She bumped it across the net with ease. So far it's a nice and calm game. Let's keep it that way. She was a little nervous having her hands this close together, but the gloves should serve to hide her quirk. She watched this Tomo character, he was her main point of interest regarding finding out his quirk. She's pretty determined to learn his quirk, to say the least. She returned it to the other side, bumping it towards the other girl. Let's see what she's made of, huh?

Attachments

• 1540158814959.png
    1540158814959.png
    437.6 KB · Views: 0

[div class=ColorBlock]

Something he wants to do before the test? There isn't really much he can think of in that regard. For one, there's volleyball though they've probably already started and he isn't all that interested in playing sports in the first place. They could just talk, though about what subject, he does not know. He's not really much for small talk, since that's usually just irrelevant chatter about things people mostly don't care about.

Maybe they could talk about their interests. They could talk about quirks and all the different possibilities that quirks can be, though he thinks that he'll just find it awkward. There's the topic of what their own quirks are, though he wants to save up that information until the actual test. A test which he still has no idea of, though he expects to be something he can't expect.

There is one thing that they could do. Leo's eyes shifted over to the dance floor for a second, contemplating whether that's an actual good idea. He can dance, sure, he knows a few moves. Though he worries the most about whether he'll embarrass himself in front of her and lose a potential friendship. It's a fun idea. He wants something fun. Maybe this is it.

It doesn't hurt to try though, does it? "Well... Since we've got time to spare, you know how to dance?" Leo stands up as he asks, holding out his hand for her to reach and he can feel his heart in his throat. There's a nervous look in his golden amber eyes, a look filled with uncertainty.

[div class=ColorBlock]
[/div][/div] [/div]

Last edited:

• EUu008U.png

Jane Dorethy Delacroix

Do you know how to dance? Jane's mind flashes recalling a distant memory *A younger Jane is running like crazy dodging wires that impact the area around her, dropping to the ground as another swings over her head, rolling to the side again and again as they whip down where she just was. All the while another woman seems to be reclining in a chair drinking from a wine class, another clutched in janes hand, its contents haven fallen in the middle of the yard* she still needed more refinement on that front, until she can do so without spilling a drop.

Her gaze remains on the floor for several moments "I have attempted a form of dance before though not within this sort of setting, So am unfamiliar with more modern variations" regardless she looks to the offered hand for a while more before taking it. While it may be initially awkward, it is simply another challenge to overcome, so without another word she looks to his eyes and takes his hand. She couldn't balk at new things, and doing so with another was a step in strengthening s bond.

Last edited:

[div class=ColorBlock]

An instant feeling of regret hit him the moment she accepted his hand, and he felt exceptionally more nervous than he's been in a long time. This was gonna the first time he's danced in quite a bit. And it was gonna be with someone who he positively knows does not know much of the modern stuff. So maybe he should go for something a little older then? It was too late to change now, so he should go with it.

This was a bad idea. He was internally screaming at himself. What was he thinking? The worst part of it all was that he couldn't back out of it now, he couldn't. Not without embarrassing himself. He knew a number of dances, since he used to dance quite a lot back then. He knew how to break dance and tango in particular, as they were what his favorites to do back when he still danced. Now though, he was undoubtedly rusty. He'll just do whatever. He should just ask her what dance she knew. He didn't.

Leo tried his best to keep his composure, though it was still so very apparent that he was nervous. If the shaking wasn't enough, there were his shallow breaths and shifty eyes. Though he kept trying to calm himself. He needed to calm himself. Taking lots of deep breaths, he needed confidence. He needed to bring out confidence, otherwise it'd feel awkward.

Once he'd felt sure enough, he lead her to the dance floor. "Just follow me, okay?" There was a hint of nervousness laced in his tone.

Feeling the beat of the rhythm, he let himself forget about the world around him for a second. Then he gripped her right hand with his left, slipping his right hand around her waist, and started to move. Leading her in a basic forward and back, timed with the rhythm that played through the speakers. It was a fast song, though it fit the dance enough that it didn't look strange. Slowly, he started gaining confidence as muscle memory had kicked in and his nervousness left him.

Keeping up with the music, Leo dropped his hand at her waist and stepped back to lead her through an outside turn, then an inside turn. He led her around him, raising his hand so that he could spin her under it. "Spin." He'd only hoped that she knew what to do. He hoped so. Leo was smiling brilliantly, his moves flowed like the raging waters of a current; effortlessly swift and vibrant. Full of energy and a confidence that typically wasn't associated with him.

Leo hopes that she could keep up with him.

[div class=ColorBlock]
[/div][/div] [/div]

Last edited:

• EUu008U.png

Jane Dorethy Delacroix

Nodding firmly she follows Leos lead, eyes focused on his feat as they move and while her movements seem delayed and awkward at the start she soon seems to adapt to it. Each new step placed firmly and with purpose as her eyes show a intense focus and determination.

This was another test for her, expanding her skill set and overcoming a deficiency. She had no idea what move would come next and so had to simply react for now, with enough time she would work out this pattern and move to prediction. This wasn't something she take lightly especially in the presence of a new...friend? Hmm that was said to take longer but she was proceeding through the steps rapidly so perhaps it was. Wait...what did he just say.

Her eyes widen slightly at the sudden spin,having been distracted by her thoughts and previous motions. Jane's grip tightens for a moment as she stops herself just at the end of the spin to stare at him. Ok so this dance had addition components and levels to it.....the way he moved he clearly new them, so as the speed picked up she redoubled her efforts. She would not give this anything less than everything or it wouldn't be worth doing. She was going to keep at this until it was learned, she could not risk a disappointment.

Last edited:

[div class=ColorBlock]

It'd been so long since he'd last done this, he'd forgotten the thrill that it brought. There was a passion in his eyes that shone. A confidence in his every move. Returning his left hand to her right, then placing his right into her left. A step forward, a step back, then come together. There was a quiet laugh, and with it a smile appeared on his lips. This was his definition of fun.

Slipping back his right hand onto her waist, he moved his left foot backwards in a fluid motion, sliding across the slick floor. Then dipping forward and gazing straight into her eyes, and he noticed they were a gorgeous blue, akin to pretty sapphires. His fingers tightened on her ribs as he let his left foot move forwards. He was awfully good, surprisingly so.

Then he stopped, and they were toe to toe, faces merely a few inches away. It was like he was threatening to brush his lips with hers, though he turned to the left then to the right. He was feeling daring, though knew his limits. He felt like he was in his prime, he was in control. Then he was pushing her away like he shouldn't be near her, though still held on to her right with his left hand, as if he didn't want to give her up.

It was simply passion. Brightly burning within those amber eyes of him.

It was reminiscent of the times he used to take classes and danced to his heart's content. The beat of the music was pounding in his chest. Leo reeled her back in, making her lean against him as he caught her, his right arm tightly wrapped around her like he was protecting her. He missed this feeling of adrenaline. "How did I do?" He asks, looking into her eyes. He definitely missed this feeling.

[div class=ColorBlock]
[/div][/div] [/div]

Last edited:

• EUu008U.png

Jane Dorethy Delacroix

*Step, Step, Retreat, Side, Side, Retreat, Repeat* She keeps up her focus, brow furrowing as she is moved. The lack of direct control of her movements or direction was not something she had experienced in some time to her, it reminded her of back when her quirk first activated and she had to relearn all her movements, manually control each bodily function independently. It was like she was a babe, struggling to walk as she adapted, her mother aiding her like a puppet learning to pull it's own strings.

She tries to push the thoughts away, that wouldn't happen again, and the similarities with the dancing was just her facing that discomfort head on like she always had. She will practice this until she gets it and the leading won't bother her.

That expression on his face, was this funny to him?!...wait no, its something else...he's enjoying it yes but it's not at her expense. He suggested this as a activitie he was profficent in, because it was he wanted to demonstrate superiority or simply because it is enjoyable to him?. A question for later, in either case he moves fluidly and with far more directions than her previous interactions would indicate, was he holding back for some reason?.

Jane is once again broken from her thoughts at the sudden dip, he's starring at her, attempting to evaluate something *ba-bump* her eyes widen slightly at the feeling in her chest for a moment, did her heart just.......no this entire thing feels strange and there is something here she cant figure out and its infuriating.

He's talking again, the movements have stopped, he is asking for his own evaluation? He should know full well himself....never mind.

Jane takes a slow breath as she responds, setting her expression fully back to its normal passive state. "It's clear you've done this a great deal before, though without the same experiance or instruction on the exact pattern it took focus to attempt to anticipate the new variation. It was....far more relaxed than previous attempted dances yet still had speed and fluidity to it.......is that the review you were looking for?"

Last edited:

[div class=ColorBlock]

"You could just say good. It's a lot simpler," he says with slight panting breath. "I haven't done this in a really long time. It was fun." And he wants to do it again, in all honesty. Though he shouldn't be forgetting that there's an exam coming up soon. A really important exam, he should say. Probably the most important of his life. Though having a little fun beforehand to relax was and relieve his nerves was alright, right?

He quickly lets go once he realizes that he's still got his arm wrapped around her, a light blush appearing on his face and a hand reaching up to scratch his cheek. "Oh, s-sorry about that." The previous confidence he held was gone in mere seconds, replaced with the usual awkwardness and softness that he holds. He enjoyed dancing again.

Leo sincerely hopes that they both pass the exam so he could see his new friend again. Maybe they'll even be sorted into the same class. He hopes so. He knows he enjoys talking to her, and definitely wouldn't mind talking again. They could be actual friends after all this. Assuming they pass. He really hopes so.

He also wouldn't mind dancing with her again. Thinking about it, it'd be fun, wouldn't it? Thoughts lead to other thoughts and now he thinks of the fact that he did something of an intimate dance with her, with the dip and all. And how their faces were a bit too close for comfort. Just thinking about it makes him feel embarrassed. And it shows on his face as he gets a bit redder.

[div class=ColorBlock]
[/div][/div] [/div]

Last edited:

• EUu008U.png

Jane Dorethy Delacroix

She slowly crosses her arms and resumess the stare "Good is subjective and overall too simplistic, a lazy excuse for when someone is unwilling to put time to forming any feedback with use" looking to the side as her mind is still preoccupied by the previous confusion .

"Regardless of your absence from practice it seems your abilitys havent faltered, or if they have i lack reference to judge" turning a eye back to him at his strange reaction, did he do something wrong? Was part of that routine incorrect? No....."Whatever you are claiming to apologise for, cease it. I....enjoyed attempting that. But if you must.... don't be sorry, simply be better next time"

That's strange, the colour has returned to his pale face far more rapidly. He must have been putting in more effort that normal...But given his previous condition it's best to check. Taking his wrist to place her fingers over it without any fan fair, she raise the other to his forehead and seems to remain motionless for several moments. *Hmm warmer and elevated pulse* her eye studies his features far closer *Pupils dilating, though sudden onset is more than simply the dance....I'll keep a eye on it* releasing her hold she Jane takes a casual stance once more.

"Your condition has improved, but whatever brought this on" her finger gestures and circles around his face "Will be best to take care with, your going to want to rest now before the exam in any case." And in meantime she can attempt to figure out what happened during that dance.

Last edited:

[div class=ColorBlock]

One thing he's concluded is that she seems to have a habit of taking everything way too seriously. Overanalyzing even the simplest of things, though she seems to do so in good will. He would be lying if he didn't think, 'Don't be sorry, simply be better next time,' wasn't a good piece of advice. To him, she doesn't seem like the person that's had much social activity.

That only means that he'll have to show her how to have fun, which seems like a swell idea. He'll show her fun. It'll be a new goal. Assuming they meet again of course, there's always the possibility of failing of course. Probability is always a tricky thing. He'll just have to hope fate makes it so they meet once again.

Upon her taking his wrist once more and placing her hand on his forehead, he feels his face heat up and flush with redness even faster. His heart pulses faster. "W-wait, what are you doing?" He hates that he's so easily embarrassed by things like this. Though remembering how close their faces were earlier makes him feel further embarrassed. Especially taking into account that he's the one that initiated the too intimate of an act.

God, it was such an out-of-character thing for him. Though he was in the moment at the time, letting himself forget of everything else around him. That is still no excuse, he tells himself.

"...Okay," he agrees in a soft voice. Rest sounds good. Rest always sounds good. He's not really in a mood to fight back right now anyways. Leo wonders how she isn't feeling the least bit of embarrassment from the dance. There's the possibility she's hiding it, but he doubts that. He can't tell what she's thinking. She's an enigma that he wants to figure out, and he likes a good challenge every once and a while.

[div class=ColorBlock]
[/div][/div] [/div]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back