• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom My Hero Academia: Our Steps

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
1539618808571.pngRumi Reinheart

Mood: Intrigued

Mentions: Foogels Foogels

She looked at the boy seeming too excited for what she mentioned. And an hour? That either means they want us to have "fun" for an hour before grueling training. Or that they're lying about it only being an hour. No matter. The less time on this boat, the better. Rumi smirked slightly under her bandages and started walking towards the upper deck. "That one is naive and optimistic. Maybe we can see what his quirk is." She had no intention of playing the game, she couldn't. Her and every sport except soccer didn't get along well. She still didn't like soccer, but that's probably due to how every other sport turns out. Swimming was the only one that she couldn't screw up and had fun doing. She only does that when there aren't many people though. "I might find one of those pools later. That could be fun"

Athena3.jpg

Athena had wriggled out of the little crowd that was forming and simply watched as more and more kids showed up. What an... interesting group that was forming. She smiled to herself before giving a small start at the appearance of the teacher. That much was on board, simply for them? She felt like it was to good to be true without some sort of balance. She really didn't want to spend the trip waiting for the other shoe to drop, but you know what they say: expect the unexpected.

The boy who had responded in kind to her greeting was saying something about playing volleyball and then just ran off. Why does she feel like that kid is going to manage to hurt himself somehow? "Wait up!" She called, taking off her jacket and jogging after him. He seemed the friendliest so far and she surmised it would be a good idea to befriend him as she was sure others would end up flocking to him and his cheerfulness. Plus a game of volleyball would warm up her muscles and help her get ready for whatever was coming. She caught up to him on the upper deck. "Do you always dash off like that?" She asked with a slightly teasing tone as she rolled up her sleeves.

Japanime Japanime

• EUu008U.png

Jane Dorethy Delacroix
    Mentions: Roxasarass Roxasarass

*Theory confirmed, though at least hes admitting to faults if begrudgingly and places thought into new information* She remains gazinging at him before nodding in confirmation "Blood can be facinating in its properties, but 7% is all that is needed to support life and up to 40% of that may be lost and still allow a normal body to function. Though i am speaking percentages and 7% is still a significant amount considering how compressed the bodys varius systems and material is, as well as the fact liquids can cover a far wider area than a solid when in thin narrow passages compared to the rest" its strange, but the girl almost seems more alive now she is speaking about such a topic for more at ease as if its a passion of sorts....though still muted by her overall demeanor.

"Either way, Living creatures are quite efficent in how they use the resources available to them to them, it makes them suprisingly durable all things considered" she shifts her stance slightly to rest her thumbs into each pocket "It is usueful information if put to use, Though who knows, perhaps you will get a live demonstration of such on this test.....one way or another" letting the implication hang with the smallest amount of mirth seeping into her tone. She had spent considerable time in reading after all, it was....pleasent to finally put such knowledge to some use outside of training, the long nights searching for some understanding of herself within medical journals and sites and perhaps a few more practical means. She was told a long time ago to try a understand herself to understand what she wanted and who she was and may have taken a few things slightly more literally, though either way it helped pass the long nights in silence and eat up some of the free time rather than her other methods.

Breaking out of remincense she is drawn back to reality, throughout all her comments it was strange that she didnt appear to be talking down at least, not that her smaller stature really allowed that without elevation, more so just flowing out naturally all the while studying with the piercing eyes.

Last edited:
adef227da372a529279c59f55f14dc57.jpgAnthony Sphathe
Mood: Confused, tired.
Mentions: GhostTrail GhostTrail
Anthony sighed as he straightened up to follow the girl. "Not really interested in learning quirks but that's fine." Anthony twiddled his thumbs in his pocket as he waited for the girl to start walking. He tilted his head slightly when she mentioned swimming. He never really thought about swimming being fun. He normally just used it to train endurance. "I never really swam for fun, but I'll take your word." Anthony shrugged as he waited for Rumi to lead the way. Anthony gazed into the abyss that was his mind, from the outside he probably looked like he was looking into space. Why am I here? Do I deserve to be here? Do all of these people deserve to be here? It seems like they're all being cautious, why? If you can't figure it out on the spot then how can you be a hero. Why am I following this girl? Why is she wearing a mask? Is it because she isn't judging me? That's not something that I should base a 'friendship' on since I haven't even shared my quirk. Why does she seem so intriguing even though she might possibly be acting like the least intriguing she could be. She has a monotone voice, a lackluster posture, and an independent nature. But maybe that's why she's intriguing, kind of a situation where the least 'interesting' is the most 'interesting'. Also she gives off a loner vibe, which is sadly relatable. And as if he got slapped he suddenly came out of his little trance. He shook his head slightly and came out of it.

Screenshot_20181013-221351_Google.jpg
Tomoki Fuji
Interacting: Athena and Rumi
Mentions: GhostTrail GhostTrail Regynleif Regynleif

Once Tomoki reached the upper deck, he couldn't help but smile at the sight of mostly sunrise-gold and a net with a volleyball next to it. As he slowly walked towards the ball, it felt like he was walking on a carpet of candy floss, due to the golden sand's softness. He grabbed the ball and turned around to see another girl coming up to the deck and another shouting for him to wait up. "I usually don't like to waste time. So yeah! I often do run off!" He said in a happy tone to answer the girls question. "Also... I'd like to thank you for coming up here and joining me. It was very nice of you to not let me come up here by myself and play with me. I really appreciate it." He grinned widely as a slight pink tinge was easily visible on his cheeks.

The yacht had finally started moving and the lolling of the yacht was both rhythmic and mesmerising.​

1539660725227.pngRumi Reinheart

Mood: Intrigued

Arriving on the upper deck, she continued talking to him. "I find swimming fun since I'm bad at every other sport" It wasn't the truth, but also not a lie. The ball popping every time she gets in a bad situation makes her a bad player. She looked at the other two up there and looked around, spotting some lounge chairs. Walking over, Rumi laid in one, watching the two people she had yet to talk to prepare to play volleyball. The sunlight was sure to slowly make her hot, but since it was morning it wasn't too bad yet. Nonetheless, Rumi takes her hoodie off in advance. Underneath she's just wearing a plain white t-shirt. Nothing to provoke emotions. This was on purpose as well. "Why don't you go play with them. That way I can see your quirk." She glanced over to him from her chair, half joking. She still wanted to know his quirk. After all, if the test doesn't bode well in the favor of her quirk, she'll have to rely on knowing other people's quirk to get an advantage.

Anthony followed Rumi until they found there way to the upper deck. Bad at every sport? I never played but I can't imagine being bad at all of them. She must be acting modest. Or is it a joke? Can't really tell with the monotone voice. Anthony shrugged and responded. "I never played so I can't tell if you are bad or not." He shrugged, the best thing he thought to do was just tell the truth. He watched as the loud kid was getting ready to play volleyball. Anthony saw as the girl threw off her hoodie. He leaned against the wall with his hands still sweating slowly in his pockets. He gave a quick exhale out of his nose at the idea of participating. He tilted his head toward Rumi. "I'll go play volleyball with them the second you do, It'd be pretty funny to see. That is if you're as bad as you say you are." He took his hands out of his pockets and stretched before making his way over to her table and taking a seat across from her. "And if you really need to know my quirk, I can share." Anthony said with a stone face. He was looking at the table while he said it too. He didn't really want to share but if she was actually wanting to be friends then she would find out anyway. He didn't know what the test was, so other people finding out his quirk would depend on the test and the rules. If he's allowed to bring food then they'd find out but otherwise he might just have to make his way without it. He leaned back in his chair and put his hands back in his pocket. "Come to think of it, you haven't shared your quirk yet either." Anthony gave a slight smirk and glanced over to her to see her response.

[class=Notes] // Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design, these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. These comments must be with in a class or script tags in order to be hidden, from what I know// // Long URls are images # followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes or color codes.// // This code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code When typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press enter it will not show that you did. you'll have to use the
tags// // Square sized images also will look best but if you have a non square image it'll still work Don't worry// [/class]
[class=Notes] //The code above makes sure everything is the same font and is the mx width the code takes up on a post// [/class] [class=ColorBlock] background-color:#A3BABB; color:white; padding:10px; font-family:Comfortaa; font-size:5; // This is the box of color around everything change this and you change all the colors The Font simply won't work using the class and uses the regular Font tag in the code if you have a single word font you would like to use instead remove the bbc tags in code and simple change it here// [/class]

[div class=ColorBlock]
19c1e105b2716154e5aaae431c1b0e1e.jpg
[div class=ColorBlock]// Leonardo Vann //

"That's really cool." The bodily functions of the human body weren't a topic he'd been expecting to be as quite as interested in as he is now. Blood is indeed fascinating. Before, the most he's researched on blood was just a few google searches on how much blood loss is fatal and the symptoms of it. Though by now he's forgotten most of them except for the fainting part. He's had personal experience with that.

Leo's features softened as he listened to her talk about it, away from that annoyed look and into his more usual tired expression. His now soft gaze focused on her, his golden eyes showing warm intrigue. It's like she's an expert on this kind of stuff. It's nice to hear someone talk about they seem to be passionate about. Though he is slightly intimidated due to earlier happenings. He still feels dumb because of the blood percentage thing.

He wonders if the blood diamonds on his back are within that percentage or do they count as more blood? Maybe he's got a bit more blood than everyone else. His quirk essentially provides him the ability to use that blood in him efficiently as a means of protection, like how she said living beings use their resources efficiently. Though it's also a double edged blade as it trades the blood's main function for another. Would that be considered efficiency? The thought interests him.

In a way, he's also quite literally the live demonstration she speaks of. No, he is the demonstration without a doubt. Intrigue fills him and he wishes to know more of the red liquid that keeps him alive and protects him. "Does anything happen to you below that 40% of blood loss? What would happen if you lose somewhere along the lines of 20 to 30 percent of blood loss? Would the body continue working like usual without any particular side effects?" Leo wishes to hear more and moves closer as a result.

[div class=ColorBlock]
Interacting: PlusUltra PlusUltra
Mentioned: N/A.
Located: Yacht Deck.
[/div][/div] [/div]

Last edited:
1539713312447.pngRumi Reinheart

Mood: Strategic

Rumi placed her hands palm up on the armrests. "I haven't shared by quirk since it might give me a disadvantage in case we have to fight." She also looked down at her hand and thought about it for a minute. "Let's make a deal then. You're gonna see my quirk before the end of the cruise or at least observe enough about me to get an idea about it." She looked around to see if other people were around. The two getting ready to play probably wouldn't eavesdrop. Those were the only two she saw. "If you tell me your quirk, we'll go play volleyball. Of course, you'd be playing with me. By the end of the match, you'd see why I'm bad at Volleyball, and you'd figure out my quirk, or at least figure out the basics of my quirk."

• EUu008U.png

Jane Dorethy Delacroix

She makes a gesture for him follow as she turns back around to begin her wandering of the ship, as much as the talk was animating her she could not forget her earlier decision and a quick glance for a moment to the water reminds her of another reason that could be playing to her extreme detriment should the test take part on this boat. *Why did it have to be the Ocean, they better have a fresh water pool at the actual school or there really are going to be problems* The salt in the air from the breeze and spray was already going to cause issues if she didn't limit her breathing, though it was strange to find someone her age as interested in a similar topic and.....it was refreshing in a way, so she supposed a little bit of pain in return was fine for the exchange.

Pushing her concerns aside she starts to walk as she takes a breath to respond simply to his question "Most can lose 14% before there are any major side effects, unless its lost instantly at which case there is going to be at least some lightheadedness or dizziness, at 15 to 30% your heart is going to speed up dramatically as it attempts to cope with the loss" she extends her hand to her side as the fingers slowly come together and clench for emphasis “Your body naturally will constrict its arteries and blood vessels to attempt to maintain pressure, your body temperature drops, and as a result you become quite pale” she continues her walking though cranes her head back to look at him once more “There are a few other effects, such as the the increased pressure can also cause bags to form beneath the eyes as muscles weaken and fluid is retained” keeping eye contact for a while before she starts to speak once more, this entire time her voice hasn't wavered though there is a growing sense of morbid dread as she continues.

“At 30 to 40% the risk of passing out rises as traumatic reactions occur, the pressure drops further and heart rises more simply to keep up its job, and of course due to the panic experienced by some at this point contributing heavily to exacerbate the issue. Confusion and disorientation, Rapid and shallow breathing before passing out, other organs being shut down to protect the heart” Her hand has been opening and closing at this point almost in rhythm with her speech, almost as if simulating a beating and getting faster and faster.

“40-50% is when your body simply loses its ability to provide for itself, the lack of oxygen delivered is no longer sufficient, your heart will stop, your organs will fail as you slip into a coma…...and should aggressive measures not be taken then death.” Her hands movements suddenly stop as she finishes, the entire exchange stated simply and without much feeling in a clinical manner “Though i suppose in some it would simply be a sense of fatigue, and some may not even notice…..the body can attempt to adapt and continue working throughout many things, though naturally some things are more difficult to overcome than others” she extracts a water bottle as she continues to stare, taking a drink to clear her throat of the growing sting before calmly sealing it once more “Or in layman's terms, its really cool, the end result literally so” It wasnt a topic most would bring up, wait......crap she did it again didnt she? Great she got ahead of herself and might have freaked out the guy. She started to get so caught up in the moment the conotations of her words started to get lost on her.

Last edited:
Anthony gave a frown and shook his head slightly. He looked back to Rumi and gave a small sigh. "I guess we can play volleyball. Though you can figure out as much as you can on the court." He smirked and then tilted his head slightly. "If you aren't gonna say it out loud then neither will I." Anthony smirked lightly. He knew that wasn't a fair deal. Anthony's quirk was nonexistent if he didn't eat any raw meat. Though how would she know that? He hadn't shared a single thing, he actually dodged the question every time. But now he's got himself playing a sport he's never played and will probably not be the best at. Maybe it's something good to experience? Seems quite trivial to me. I don't see the interest in jumping around and hitting a ball over the rope like little girls playing jump rope. Anthony stood up and slowly took his hoodie off revealing a blank black t-shirt. He started stretch, moving one arm over his head and putting the other on his hip, bending from one side to the other while swapping arm positions. "Lead the way I guess." He sluggishly pointed as to instruct Rumi to walk forward.

[class=Notes] // Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design, these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. These comments must be with in a class or script tags in order to be hidden, from what I know// // Long URls are images # followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes or color codes.// // This code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code When typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press enter it will not show that you did. you'll have to use the
tags// // Square sized images also will look best but if you have a non square image it'll still work Don't worry// [/class]
[class=Notes] //The code above makes sure everything is the same font and is the mx width the code takes up on a post// [/class] [class=ColorBlock] background-color:#A3BABB; color:white; padding:10px; font-family:Comfortaa; font-size:5; // This is the box of color around everything change this and you change all the colors The Font simply won't work using the class and uses the regular Font tag in the code if you have a single word font you would like to use instead remove the bbc tags in code and simple change it here// [/class]

[div class=ColorBlock]

Leo follows her when she beckons him to, inserting his thumbs into his pockets as he does so. He was listening intently to her speak of blood loss and it's many different effects on a person, hoping to retain the information the next time he uses his quirk. This is awfully useful information to him after all. Reckless usage of his quirk could lead to things he doesn't want happening again.

He looks to his hand when she speaks of the drop of body temperature and pale skin. Subconsciously, he picks at his skin. His fingers were pale as well as the rest of his hand, and presumably every other inch of his skin was the same shade. Quickly, he glanced back up towards her in case she was looking at him. The facts are undoubtedly true, he concluded. Pale and cold skin, eye bags and all could be found on him.

Most of the symptoms he'd felt at least once before. The one he hasn't felt is death, quite obviously. For obvious reasons. He doesn't find it as morbid as a normal person would, of course. Death is a natural thing. It's the one thing that equalizes everybody, no matter rich or poor or strong or weak. Everything dies one day. That's something he knew for a fact.

On the topic of adaptation, he feels like he has adapted to the blood loss he gets from using his quirk. Maybe. He's not sure exactly. Probably. "Hmm." There's an urge in him to truly confirm all these symptoms are indeed true. Revealing his quirk probably isn't a good idea. But he feels it's obvious by now if the crystals on his back weren't a clear indicator already. It's a blood quirk. Blood crystals, asking for blood loss symptoms, it's obvious. It probably didn't matter much anyways. She'll find out sooner or later if she hadn't guessed already. Though with a bit more thought, he decided against it.

With newfound energy from the caffeine in the coffee he'd had earlier, Leo definitely didn't feel tired anymore. "Y'know, you're like a walking textbook. How much more info on this kind of stuff do you have in that head of yours, Snow White? All this stuff you know is cool. Really cool. You're really cool." And as he doesn't know her name yet, he's decided to just give her a nickname instead. Her skin was about as pale as snow, like Snow White. He thought it fit her. His gold eyes shimmered like a pair of stars, bright with a newfound curiosity for all things related to blood within them.

[div class=ColorBlock]
Located: Yacht Hallway.
[/div][/div] [/div]

Last edited:

• EUu008U.png

Jane Dorethy Delacroix

She stays silent for a while as she walks, taking in the varius halls doors and features of the Yacht interior before eventually arriving back outside near the volleyball court, looking over the upper deck that functioned as a Balacony of sorts for the area below. She crossess her arms agains the railing as she thinks her body as still as stone. Was this boy genuine or was it simply a act? on the surface the reactions didnt seem to match up with those typical to her previous school though the possability of such being concealed was still on the table. Normally when she spoke of such thing the first response was something along the line of "Thats creepy" at best or "Thats the kinda of stuff a villian wouid know" at worst, yet something told her neither was true in this case but she wasnt quite sure what. She was told once that the value of a person is how they handle the worst as well as the best, so taking that logic further if one can honestly accept the former then they deserve the later. She turns a eye back to him once more as her mind turns, best to proceed with caution on either case, shes not arrogant enough to think her judgement couldnt be flawed at times.

Though one other thing that still confused her was that nickname, it wasnt as if she was surrounding herself with dwarfs outside of it being a allegory she wasnt aware of, she sure as hell didnt have a animal following and shes the furthest from a deep sleeper as you can get. Hmm i guess it could be her skin tone though wasnt she black haired? Theres probebly a reason in anycase and it beats "Deadline" at least. Though back on topic he was certainly showing a more personal interest than just a passing curiousity, that does give more information to build a picture, time to see if that remains......she might as well get this out of the way rather than carry on with something doomed to fail.

Jane takes a breath to speak once more "Many classes were boring and i needed something to pass the time outside of training, and i have far more time available than most. It was also something relevant to my interests and so it needed to be learned, less it remain a unaddressed weakness, and thats a sin i would not accept. Also having a basic medical knowledge seemed prudant for anyone viewed as hero, especially given the trust and expectations that will be placed upon them" *Dont procrastinate say it, he might not even get the context but it will be out there at least* "Though i suppose i should get the formality out of the way, however delayed it is given rather than address me as a fantasy princess" another breath "Its Jane...Jane Dorethy....Delacroix" she seems a little reluctant as she speaks her last name, though her eye is never the less locked on him to see the reaction if any.

Last edited:

[div class=ColorBlock]

The short silence unnerved him. Had he said something wrong? Did she get offended at the nickname? Was it something else? Is she gonna go and tell him off and tell him to go away? Leo didn't like the silence one bit, especially silences brought on by people. Where he could never quite tell whether or not someone was angry with him, thinking or just something else entirely. He'd felt like he'd make a mistake somewhere during times like these.

So he felt relieved when she started to speak once more and didn't seem like she was angry with him or anything. At least, it didn't seem that way to him. And the way she speaks of her dedication to her goal to become a hero makes him realize just how unprepared he is for heroics. His basic medical knowledge wasn't much to speak of, though he knows that he has the strive to be a hero. So he'll just have to work hard.

Jane was a nice name. It certainly beats Snow White, at least. Jane Dorethy Delacroix. He's going to commit that name to memory as the name of a new friend. "That's a pretty name. It's nice to meet ya, Jane. I'm Leo. Leonardo Vann. I'm an ass most of the time, but when I'm not, I'm asleep." And he's most likely ruined a perfectly good introduction with another one of his terrible jokes. He hopes he didn't.

[div class=ColorBlock]
Located: Yacht, Upper Deck.
[/div][/div] [/div]

Last edited:

• EUu008U.png

Jane Dorethy Delacroix
    Mentions: Roxasarass Roxasarass @

No recognition...she doesnt know if that will be a positive or simply a ticking time bomb until a realisation comes about, either way the outcome wont change by further action on that topic. Though hes given his name in return rather than depart so she can at least file that under the positive section. Leonardo Vann...possibly french in origin those his features are more germanic and now he appeared uncomfortable, perhaps due to staring too long...how long had it been since she blinked? Maintaining eye contact was one of the social manners after all though prolonged as the opposite effect. She remains focused on him for a few more moments of silence before responding.

Her sapphire eyes suddenly vanish for a moment into the black that surrounds them before reappearing once more as she takes a breath "That hasnt been noted so far, i find most may put it on display but are signifgicantly more than "a ass" when observed more closely, though the sleep is far more common.....yet if your refering to your lathargy you may want to eat a little more to balance out your blood sugar levels less it become a issue when they choose to begin the test, which could always potentially be sooner than most expect" her gaze turning to the four individuals on the field to perhaps limit the anxiety of her new......accquiantance?.

Last edited:
1539802081125.pngRumi Reinheart

Mood: Strategic

Mentions: Foogels Foogels Regynleif Regynleif Japanime Japanime

"hmm." She looked up at him. Her main focus was on seeing his quirk and avoiding sharing info on hers. She's accepted if she'll be hanging out with this person until the exam that they'll figure it out eventually. "How do I know that I'll see your quirk during the game? I have a theory from when we first met that like me you don't like your quirk. Nonetheless, you have to use it if you want to become a hero." She sighs and starts walking towards the two preparing to play volleyball. She understands not liking your quirk. Hers has caused her to break thousands of bedframes in her sleep and send 2 kids to the hospital. "That's my theory anyway. It has more implications if it's right, but until I find out if it's right or wrong, I'll leave it there. I will see your quirk by the end of this cruise if I don't see it now. Otherwise, you'd be putting me at a disadvantage." She waves at the two setting up the volleyball game. She doesn't want to play, but if she can see his quirk without exposing her own, she'll have to take the risk. The question is how he activates it. "Room for two more? Me and my acquaintance here want to battle."

Mentions: GhostTrail GhostTrail Japanime Japanime Regynleif Regynleif
Anthony went blank face, but behind the blank canvas of his face was a surprised and disappointing Anthony. Do I actually come off that way? I guess I was dodging the question a lot. Anthony sighed slightly. He followed as she lead the way to the volleyball net. She is really set on knowing others quirk. She keeps saying she'll be at a disadvantage. Maybe she's not a fan of her quirk either. Seems like she's dead set on knowing mine so I guess I'll tell her after the match. Anthony gave a lazy wave to the people on the court. He then moved a little closer to Rumi and lowered his voice so the other two couldn't hear. "I guess you'll figure my quirk out one way or another so I'll tell you now that you aren't gonna see it in this game of volleyball. Though I'll share with you every detail I know about my quirk if you show yours off." Anthony gave a slight smirk as he almost made a change of mood. He walked more lightly and was actually slightly excited to see what this girl was like. Anthony wasn't gonna just give up though, he finished his stretches as they made it to the net. He moved his right arm across his chest and hugged it with his other arm, twisting his hips and forcing a couple pops of his spine. He finished and threw his hands in his pockets looking at the other two. "So how will this work out? What teams and rules and such?" He hunched slightly over after realizing that his back was straight and started yelling at him for slight aches that he couldn't understand. I guess mom was right when she said I needed to sit up straight. Granted she wanted me to sit straight so her boyfriend was impressed. Anthony frowned at the memory of his mom showing up late at night with a strange men. He remembered when the door opened smelling the stench of alcohol. She hit him on the head and told him to sit up straight in front of company. Then the man sent his mom to there bedroom and kept Anthony up all night. Anthony shook his head as he snapped back to reality.

[div class=ColorBlock]

Silence came once again, and he feels more insecure now. Staring into those eyes of hers felt as if they were silently judging him, evaluating his worth and deciding whether or not he actually has some. Because only god knows he has no true sense of self-worth, does not believe in himself and does not see anything worth a damn inside other than his quirk. And though he knows there exists people who care for him, he feels like a tiny speck of nothingness in an indifferent universe. He doesn't truly know why he wants to be a hero, only that he does.

And he recognizes that he's internally overreacting to a potentially untrue assumption, spiraling into a further deeper well of what could be called insecurity. So he tries to calm himself. Slow your breathing. Breathe in, breathe out. They've only just met, she does not know of his imperfections yet and he can find some semblance of strange comfort in that thought. Leo's anxiety lessens and he finds himself leaning against the railing as he stares into space.

At the moment he decides to simply stare at Jane again while she speaks once more, as he has nothing else to really stare at and maybe occupy his mind with. He notices her unblinking eyes and how he doesn't recall having seen her blink once. It's strange. Did part of her quirk make her able to not blink for a potentially eternal amount of time? What was her quirk? Staring more intently, he tries deciphering as to what her quirk might be.

He knows appearances sometimes don't show what others' quirks might be but it keeps his mind busy. She had awfully pale skin, paler than his and it was cold as well as he knows from the earlier touch of finger to crystal. She could also apparently not blink for a long time. Was it a mutant quirk or is she just a potential god at staring contests? Maybe it was something related to blood, like his own.

"I probably should go eat something," he says after a long pause between her words and his response. This morning he hadn't eaten much for breakfast, just a simple sandwich and his thermos full of hot coffee was what he had. Leo does not go away to find something to eat however. He prefers this. He turns his head to see whatever it was she was looking at. Ah, the volleyball match. He'd forgotten they moved up here. He wonders if she wants to go and join them. It does seem fun after all, even if he isn't exactly the type who would play sports.

[div class=ColorBlock]
[/div][/div] [/div]

Last edited:

• EUu008U.png

Jane Dorethy Delacroix

She hears the change in breathing once more, the eye contact must have been making them anxious once, there current condition only making the state worse...this did not seem to be going well.

The others were far more apt at social exchanges it seems, having already formed into pairs and preparing to play. Though should she go through all that for one she may potentially only be around for the day should they not pass the test? Though it would do well for afterwards should they stay around. She allows the thought to run as another starts to forming, she could work at forming a bond while also increaseing his readiness and chances in the exam to come....she would find a way through regardless so the added level of difficulty of promoting another as well, yes that would also be practice for if such a situation arrives in her future role.

Taking in a slow breath she makes her decision, the match can perhaps still be observed later and the lack or data will also increase the challenge, the bigger the obstacle the greater the gain when overcome after all. With a slow movement Jane faces Leo once more "You need to eat as a priority then" Taking his hand and pulling him along this time, her voice more focused with her goal in mind. Her previous attempts at creating bonds were limited by her familys reputation so this will be the first unburdned by such and like the test she was set on not failing.

The first step would be to take care of basic needs as he seemed to have not for whatever reason.

Last edited:
Athena3.jpg

Athena couldn't help but smile back at the boy. "No problem. It sounded fun and you seemed really excited about it. Wanna be on a team with me?" She thought for a moment. "Oh no! I'm an idiot, I haven't even introduced myself yet. I'm Athena. Feel free to call me Ena or AJ if it's easier." She smiled at him again. She had to admit, he was pretty cute. Maybe she would make him her friendship main quest?

Slowly but surely others began to join them on the court. As more people began to form another crowd Athena found herself gravitating behind Tomoki as if using him as a shield. "Volleyball is usually played to 21 points. Each team gets three hits to get it over the net and you can't hit it twice in a row. Underhand works best if you've never played before." She had actually played quite a bit of volleyball. Her parents wanted her to play a lot of sports as part of her training.

Japanime Japanime Foogels Foogels GhostTrail GhostTrail

Screenshot_20181013-221351_Google.jpg

Tomoki Fuji
Interacting: Athena, Anthony, and Rumi
Mentions: Regynleif Regynleif Foogels Foogels GhostTrail GhostTrail

"I don't remember if I introduced myself or not so I'm Tomoki Fuji and you can call me Tomo for short. I'd love to be on your team!" Then he could see two more examinees approaching them and asking to join. "Yeah! We have room for two more." He smiled and looked back over his shoulder at Ena, then back at the two wanting to join. "You guys heard how it goes. How about me and her versus you guys?" Tomoki asked as he pointed back at Ena and smiled.​

1539914190191.pngRumi Reinheart

Mood: Bored

Mentions: Foogels Foogels Regynleif Regynleif Japanime Japanime

Rumi raised a brow at this. She didn't care for the teaming, as she's going to actively have to avoid spiking and setting the ball. Her teammate doesn't know how to play either. This meant that they have a good chance of losing to the one who proposed the game, implying he's at least decent at playing, and the girl who explained the rules. That implied that she's played before in the very least. So she's either at Rumi's level, a little below, or better. This actually made Rumi a tad happy, Rumi didn't really want to win. Aside from spiking and setting, she considered herself fairly good at this sport. Though this sport was terrifying for her. She has to have her hands together for this sport, and if her emotions rise to much that could spell disaster. Going in with the idea of losing would make this less stressful, and thus more fun with the less likely chance of hurting herself. "I'm okay with these teams. I've only ever played volleyball in grade school with teams of 6-8. How do we play with just 2 players on each team? On that note, might I add the rule that quirks are allowed? Makes it a tad more interesting. She was still wanting to see her classmates quirks, and if Anthony was going to tell her his quirk anyways, she wouldn't have to focus on him. She tied her hoodies sleaves to the pole of the net in case there was any wind. After tieing it, she stared at her hands for a few more seconds and took a deep breath. She walked back over to the group of people and started stretching. The last thing she wanted to do was pull a muscle before the exam.

Athena3.jpg
Looking like the game was about to get started, Athena followed the girl with the mask's lead and started stretching. "Hope you brought your A game, Tomo." Using his nickname, hopefully she was fostering a sense of camaraderie. Was she trying to hard? Probably. She took a deep breath and sighed. Volleyball was a perfect sport for her as she didn't come into contact with other players and couldn't be tempted to take their life force, so she had put real effort into it. In order to develop skills that could help her later in life as a hero she focused on spiking to increase her hand eye coordination. "You can trust the ball to me."

Japanime Japanime Foogels Foogels GhostTrail GhostTrail rail

[div class=ColorBlock]

Food sounds nice right about now. Having only had a sandwich, which is far from an actual decent breakfast, he was a bit hungry to say the least. If only he woke up earlier, he'd have had time to actually cook something. The sandwich is enough though. At the very least, he'd eaten something instead of going here on an empty stomach. Which was alright as he didn't particularly mind or care. It's not like he was starving.

He'll do okay in the exams regardless, he need not worry about that. He'll be alright. He's capable enough at using his quirk. His blood shall protect him, and he will use the wings he's been given to soar through universes even if it kills him. He will find a purpose. Maybe becoming a hero can help with that.

The suddenness of her taking his hand into hers and pulling him away from the railing had startled him a bit. Where were they going? He wasn't paying much attention. He'd only heard the word 'eat'. Were they going to go get food? "H-hey! Wait, where are we going?" He asks, expression now conveying confusion.

[div class=ColorBlock]
[/div][/div] [/div]

Last edited:

• EUu008U.png

Jane Dorethy Delacroix

Not stopping her force she continues, while her grip isn't overly tight it's clear there is considerably more strength behind her than the smaller frame would suggest, navigating through the halls as her head turns a little as if having locked onto something.

*The Pinup Procter earlier mentioned food So stands to reason there should be a buffet within one of the rooms, and provided it isn't purely the Vegan trash......there!* making another turn as the scent of meat hits her off to a far of room.

"Consumption normally requires a food source no? And food was mentioned earlier as being provided" sliding a door open to reveal the wide dance hall complete with buffet table. "Regardless of your Quirk, if your body fails you it's going to be of limited use. Also many quirks have dietary requirements to work at full effect" she finally releases her grip, the cool soft skin leavening his wrist and taking it's place at her side once more.

"Consider it a courtesy, the course and country needs the best class of hero it can get, and gaining admission to the academy should have all working at their full potential" she pauses as her gaze moves back to him "Having it lose out on potential talent, as well as completing the test only due to another being at disadvantage is not something I will accept" the passion from before returns as she speak, she is seemingly not bothered at all about the increased competition.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back