• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom My Hero Academia: New Horizons [OPEN]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
“Mhmhmhmhmhm not quite.” Shadows rose from the walls until they were completely trapped in a dark looming dome.

"Woah, a secret addition to the exam? Is this what the blue haired girl meant?" Lux asked nobody in particular, letting her wings flare up while the rest of her body caught aflame as well, doing her best to light up the shadows and play to her enemy's weakness.

“Ahahahahaha! I suppose you could call it that.” Five separate streams of shadow sprouted from the walls and collided at a singular point. Out of that point rose a dark shape, as it continued to rise it took form until it was the perfect outline of stalker with glowing white circles for eyes and his big smile still intact. “Just consider this, extra credit.”

This isn't part of the exam, is it? Lux thought to herself, looking to the other girl. Running away and looking for help. That's a valid choice, and I can't use my quirk to inflict damage until I get my license. So, until then, Lux grabbed the other examinee, and flew straight up through the shadow dome. Since her wings were on fire, the dome should bend away from them, right?

“Ahahaha where are you going?!” he laughed as he shot dozens of shadow spikes to hook onto her and bring her down. One them managed to catch her leg. He yanked her down, slamming both the students into the ground.

Lux threw the girl up as she was slammed down, trying to cancel some of the momentum. "Why are villains always so up in everyone's business?" She asked, as her forearms became completely engulfed in fire, burning off her sleeves. The adrenaline was pumping too hard for Lux to even notice the damage to her leg as she stood back on her feet. "If it's a head to head fight, then so be it!" She called, using a beat of her wings to propel at Stalker, aiming a punch for his jaw.

Stalker waited for the right moment. Once Luxs’ fist was about to hit him, he bent backwards, and once she flew past he grabbed her legs and slammed her onto the ground in front of him, spun around with his grip still on her legs and tossed her half-way across the arena. “Hnhnhnhnhn, it’s been so long since I’ve had a fight go on longer than a few seconds, now that I have this opportunity” he then turned his arms into 10 shadow spikes “I’m going to make the most of it.”

A throw? wrong choice. Lux righted herself mid-air, opening her wings to glide. She used the momentum from the throw as she U-turned to fly back at Stalker. She picked up a piece of a broken robot, flew a little higher, and threw it with all her might at Stalker.

Luka accepted the student's hand and rose to her feet. "It's alright. I guess that there was no real way of you knowing that I was in there I guess. Oh thank you for the compliment. My quirk is pretty unique, but it does have it's drawbacks i'll admit. You wouldn't believe how many UA students attack me on the regular." She said jokingly. "Hi my name is Luka by the way." Luka accepted the vialfrom the woman but had a peculiar expression on her face. "Oh thank you . . . um wait did you say this was your tears?" The conversation between the two were cut short when a villain suddenly appeared and decided to attack. So much had happened in such a short time and before Luka knew it, she found herself tossed into the air to only be thrown back to the ground. Luka wasn't prepared or even trained to fight, especially not against a villain. But luckily she didn't have to be. The exam was on UA's property, so she knew that the teachers were watching the exam. The real heroes were bound to step in at any moment and trash this creep. "Hey fire girl! It seems his quirk involves using the surrounding shadows. If you're able to generate enough light he shouldn't be able to approach us with his powers." Luka shouted. "We just need to by ourselves sometime until the teachers can step in." She said confidently. Luka wasn't the strongest person, but she knew that she had to try and remain calm in the face of danger.

((Signing off for the night. l8er))

(ignore the 10 spikes part)
‘Aw how cute she’s throwing things, he caught the piece easily with one hand and threw it right back at her while sending more shadow spikes toward her from behind.

"What? You've got super strength now? Are the teachers seeing this?" She asked, dodging upwards rather than into the spikes.
------
"We are." Came a voice from somewhere on the exam grounds as Stalker was suddenly encased in ice that seemingly appeared out of thin air. The only thing left to the air was his head, just so he could breathe. "We sincerely apologize about this interference. Exam points will be counted up until this guy showed up."

"AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! This was such good fun! I can't wait until we do it again!" Stalkers' shadow spread across the floor and retreated into the the walls of the shadow dome. The dome then dissolved until it was nothing more than the shadows on the ground, where all the students he had taken were now located. The real Stalker remained in the shadows, happily waiting for the next chance to make a grand entrance, no matter how long it took.

So far the day was uneventful. Lemmy was sitting in their seat waiting for opening ceremonies to start, clicking a pen over and over... and over. Staring off into space drowning out all the noise until a scream was heard. Attention turned over too a rather rambunctious group of people as water force propelled one of the students out of their chair. Quickly caught by another one of the students and returned to his seat. "Well that was rather mean. He could have hurt somebody." Lemmy mumbled watching the event unfold from the other end of the room. All of the surrounding students of this incident were rather soaked, surely making orientation rather uncomfortable. The room was much livelier than before,until one teacher threatened the future students. As the teachers came up to the microphone as orientation went on, the test was explained and Lemmy's note card read 'Sector B'. The student candidates were filed out toward the exam area. Splitting off into Sector B there seemed to be a lot of talented people here with Lemmy. As the large gate opened the student candidates began rushing in.

Luka was relieved when one of the instructors arrived. The real heroes were here and she was hoping that this villain would get pounded into the ground. But within in the blink of an eye the fighting was over. Seeing that creep encased in ice placed a smile on her face, but she couldn't help but wonder what the villain's true intentions. Was he meant to be a distraction? Why else would he sneak into UA? He couldn't have been acting alone, no one could have been that stupid. Luka had so many question, but it seemed she would receive any answers, because the villain managed to slip away. "Dam that creep!." She said after stomping her foot in anger. Luka took a breath and ran toward the student who gave her the vial of tears. Luka stared up at the girl hovering above. "Are you all right? That creep didn't hurt you did he? I still have that ummm tears that you gave me." She shouted to the girl.

“Phoenix, try casting light on those shadows,” the woman ordered, and Lux quickly followed as she landed and held her wing near them.
“Oh yeah, he got my leg though,” she said in response to the other girl, looking at the wound for the first time. “Oh! Wow! Um. Well, that hurts.” She said, more surprised than in pain.
“I was kinda hoping you wouldn’t notice, the adrenaline was keeping you going. Well, our youthful recovery girl is on her way-“
“-yes, yes I’m already here.” Came the voice of an elderly woman, who hobbled her way to Lux. “Quite the nasty puncture, huh?” She commented before giving Lux a kiss.
“That’s right, you’re a healing type too! You’ll have to teach me about how to improve my healing tears! Oh- well, assuming I get in of course,” she said, holding out a hand to her fellow examinee to retrieve her vial.
———
I can’t get in close! Fright thought to herself as she shanked another student who accidentally bumped into her. His quirk’s too widespread, I’ll look suspicious.
“Wow, knowing I’m competing with a quirk like yours sure does make me nervous!” Fright activated her quirk by looking at Ono, a smile on her face as she kicked apart a one pointer.

After his stylish move, Ono stuck the landing, then he suddenly felt an overwhelming sense of nervousness. However, his nervousness wasn't over the idea of losing, he had so many points that it wasn't even a blip on his radar. His nervousness came from the feeling of being followed, he looked all over feverishly, trying to find someone who might not even be there, then he saw another student staring at him. He knew she had been following him this whole time, but up until now he had ignored her. Seeing her now in his state caused him to immediately react, he touched another point-bot and tried to aim the stream at her, taking out more bots in the process.

Luka didn't like the look of Lux's leg. She was no medic, but she could tell that it was bad. Luka wasn't sue what to do in this situation, but luckily for her Recovery Girl was on the scene. Luka tried her best to hold in her excitement. Back home in Germany, Recovery was pretty iconic. "Wow the legend herself is here at UA?" Luka was so star struct that she didn't realize that Lux had been asking for the vial. "Oh . . . sorry about that. Here take it back. I hope that your tears help mend your leg. Also thanks for saving me back there. I owe you one. You were amazing and you even stood up against a villain." Luka said offering the vial back to the girl.

“Yes, I’m here! At UA! Who would’ve thought. Now you two take i easy, okay?” Recovery girl said before taking off again.
Lux took the vial before responding, “awh, I didn’t save you at all. I’m the one who wasn’t paying enough attention to notice the purple eyes.” She explained, pointing to her own eyeball. “It was fight or flight I guess. You’ll remember I tried the second option first.”
———
Fright dove into a roll to avoid the robot flying at her. “Hey, are you attacking me? Not very heroic. Dodging takes energy, and I’m tired enough from the exam,” she said, activating her quirk once more. If she could get him to stand still long enough...

Suddenly he became very sleepy, he didn't know why though, one second he was full of energy and the next he was crashing. He fell face forward on the ground.

Way too easy. I don't know why I was worried! Oh man, what will the bonus check look like after this? Fright was distracted from actually finishing the job as she thought about the life she'd live after killing so many future heroes. If Stain could see me! Smiling like the psycho she was, Fright walked over to Ono's unconscious body, unsheathing her hidden blade earlier than she really needed to.
(Someone intervene haha)

As Fright was about to stab Ono, a shadow made its' way from the wall to right behind her. "Not yet." He wrapped her in shadow and dangled her in mid-air like a cocoon. "Now be a good girl and wait for the teacher to arrive." Stalker then gave Ono a good kick, and disappeared once again into the shadows.

(I was thinking a teacher or something but this works haha)
"Ugh, you creep! You're just being petty because you didn't get the job!" Fright squeezed her way out of the cocoon using the her surprisingly small size that's shrouded by her hoodie. "Whatever. I've already killed enough here. That's all I can do, Calvin." She finished, before jumping from roof to roof and out of the arena.

Stalker eventually made his way to every single arena, causing mayhem as he went. He didn't want to miss a single room, if this was going to work, he needed to hit all of them.

John was keen and interested in the events of the opening ceremonies. He was sure that he aced the written exam, but this was a lot more challenging. He had known that the physical part of the exam wasn't going to be where he shined, and he hoped that the school officials would be able to see that. During the commotion in the opening ceremonies, he jotted down some mental notes about the powers of the two who were a part of it. They seem pretty powerful, but nothing too crazy. After some more looking around, he noticed that the other applicants were making their way outside and to the arenas. He had zoned out during the teacher's speech, but now it was time to go. He assumed that he'd be able to assess the other heroes during this time, even if his quirk proved useless in fighting robots. He made his way towards arena A. When everyone started running inside, he simply walked, choosing to not waste his energy in a futile effort to earn points. It was a couple of minutes into the game when he first died. He was looking at a fellow applicant with a quite powerful water based quirk when a robot crushed him under its wheels. His mangled and contorted body was left there for all to see. But surprisingly, only 2 minutes later, an identical naked boy could be seen exiting a nearby building, clutching his head as if in pain. John decided to be more careful from now on, dying wasn't too big of a deal, but it wasn't fun either. He made his way across the arena, occasionally climbing over a dismembered robot. But weirdly enough, he also saw some student bodies laying around, with what seem to be knife wounds in them. He pitied the poor souls, but he wasn't sure if they were actually worth his pity. After all, in his eyes, death is merely in an illusion. Suddenly, he saw large amounts of water spewing from a robot's head nearby. "Must be that water based quirk I saw earlier," He thought to himself, but before he had time to find cover, he was stabbed in the gut by an unknown assailant. He fell on the ground, blood spewing from his mouth and wound. Welp, just another death to add to the list. He awoke under a pile of rubble, once again, his head was hurting like hell. When he stepped out all he could see were bodies and rubble, and a rescue team of teachers. "Help!" He yelled out, before collapsing to the ground, debilitated. The last thing he saw before going unconscious were the bloodshot eyes of his own body, laying lifeless only a few meters away.

No matter how hard she tried Luka couldn't wipe the smile off of her face. Recovery Girl was a legend and she never imagined that the would ever meet her in person. Words could not describe the amount of joy that we was feeling. She was so lost in glee that she didn't realize that Lux had been speaking to her this entire time. "You are way to modest for your own good. If it wasn't for you, who knows what that villain would have done. And don't even worry about the whole attacking me thing. Trust me it wouldn't be the first time that something like this has happened. Besides I guess it was sorta my fault for blending in with the targets that we were assigned to take down. Just rack that up to one of my quirk's disadvantages. I don't believe we were formally introduced, my name is Luka." She said pleasantly, while offering a hand shake to Lux.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back