• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom My Hero Academia: New Horizons [OPEN]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Phoenix Feather

Weeb in progress
This roleplay takes place a few generations in the future, meaning the class 1A we know from the anime are now pro heroes! For the sake of simplicity, Midoriya, Bakugo and Shoto are the top three, in that order. Bakugo and Midoriya constantly fight over who should deal with what battle - also important to our plot. This rp will follow the new class 1A, consisted entirely of your guy's OCs! Considering we're kinda far in the future, quirks will be even more outlandish. This concept is briefly touched upon in the manga (sorry for spoilers, but it isn't a big plot point). That means go wild! Various pro heroes will be played by you all- they can either be current students at UA or OCs of yours. Villains, teachers, and extras will also be done with everybody's help, so it's much appreciated! Keep in mind your main focus will always be on the class 1A students, so you'll probably be writing one paragraph for your other characters once in a blue moon. I'll write my character's starter as soon as I think we have enough people!

In our world, about 90% of the world's population has a superpower known as quirks. Everybody who falls in this category has a different ability from the next, of course. It's harder than ever for equality to stand above equity, for better or for worse. This increasingly blurred line between normal and strange has caused many rifts in everyday life. People began acting out- using their quirks in selfish and destructive ways. The streets became dangerous; too dangerous to travel alone at any time of the day. Villains reigned supreme upon their throne of terror.
Luckily for us, every coin has two sides.
While some people lashed out using their newfound abilities, others took it upon themselves to protect the citizens who walked the streets. These crime-fighting altruists were dubbed heroes. These idols can be found on trading cards- just a single picture of them worth hundreds of dollars. All previous celebrities became obsolete when heroes stepped onto the scene.
After middle school, just about everyone wanted to make their way into a high school hero course. But while our classmates settled for D-listed schools they scraped into by a few points, we all shot for the moon.
UA high! The highest ranked hero course in the nation - arguably the world! Of course it wouldn't be easy getting in, and it'd be even harder from there. But we were relentless- because in the words of the very first symbol of peace, that's an incredibly important quality.
"Those who are always aiming for the top, and those who aren't. That slight difference in attitudes will have a big impact once you go out into society"

Murmuring filled the grand lecture hall as people shifted anxiously in their seats. Many - no - most put on a brave face, and pretended as if this was all old news to them. Just another tuesday. Despite their outward appearences, however, each and every one of those young adults knew that this was no normal tuesday. For this tuesday in the middle of summer was probably the most important tuesday of these student’s careers. The UA entrance exam.
———
Lux wasn’t sure what to do with her hands. She twiddled her thumbs, then stopped herself. She interlocked her fingers, only to take her hands apart and crack her knuckles. She tapped her fingers together, then on the table, then on her knee. To say she was nervous was a massive understatement. The only thing that got her mind out of her own head was a mic screeching down below, where a blue-haired woman was fiddling with its stand. She didn’t quite look ready to speak yet, though the crowd was growing restless. Desperate to talk to somebody, Lux turned to whoever was sitting next to her.
“Man, it’s kinda stuffy in here, right?”
(Anyone can hop in there haha)

(Aw man I didnt see what you had. But I’m not sure protag’s on right now, anyone can feel free to decide they’re sitting next to lux haha)

Ono was just minding his own business only half paying attention to what was going on around him when he heard a voice to his right say "Man, it's kinda stuffy in here, right?" he looked at the girl who spoke to him and responded with "Indeed" then gave her a sly grin "Want me to cool things down a bit?"
(I just misread your thing, it's fine this is better anyway)

Lux’s eyebrows fell at the foreboding offer. She tilted her head while looking to the side for a bit- her little mannerism that signified she was thinking cautiously. She lifted her head while pressing her wings behind her back, and nodded once. “Yeah sure I mean...” her eyes flickered down to the gloves strategically placed over his hands- a common tactic used by people with uncontrollable quirks. He was either an ice or water type- neither mixed particularly well with the constant flames that sprouted from between her shoulder blades. “...why... not.” She finished her sentence hesitantly. Once again, she spoke before she finished thinking, and refused to go back on her statement once she thought everything through. Oh, the predicaments she got herself into by making that mistake.

Once the girl agreed, Ono started looking around the room. His eyes finally settled on the chair of the male student in front of him. He took off his right glove, looked back to her and said "Watch closely". He then reached his hand underneath the chair and tapped it with his middle finger. After the chair shook a bit, making the student in it very confused, a burst of water sent both him and it shooting up into the air, catching everyones' attention. The students' freaked out movements caused the chair to fly all over the room until they crashed into a wall. The student was ok, and Ono was just pleased with himself. He looked back over to Lux "Well? Pretty cool right?"

“Oh my god what are you doing!??” Lux exclaimed, jumping out of her seat and flying to catch the student before he hit the ground. “Now is not the time!” She whisper yelled, lowering the student to the ground so he could pick up his chair. A quick look told her the kid really was okay, just spooked. “I promise I didn’t provoke him.” She stated, before swooping back to her seat beside who Lux would now dub: Mr. Showoff.
———
“Could you two please settle down? Any other teacher would’ve disqualified you for that little stunt alone, mister.” Her warning echoed through the lecture hall, and like clockwork just about everyone’s heads turned to see where the oceanic gaze rested.
———
“You’ve got an impressive quirk, sure, but you gotta use it at the right time, man!” She whispered again, staring at her desk so she wouldn’t notice everyone’s eyes on her.

Ono said nothing but he couldn't stop smiling. Any other student would've hated being gawked at by all these people but he was LOVING it.

The blue-haired woman cleared her throat before beginning; “well, thanks to the phoenix girl, nobody was hurt. Nevertheless- please settle down! Everybody, please-“ but it was of no use, the hall was filled with muttering, giggling, and full-out conversation. Even the microphone couldn’t help the softspoken teacher get the kids to calm themselves. She looked frantically behind herself, clearly out of her element.
“Would you cretans calm yourselves for ONE MINUTE BEFORE I DISQUALIFY EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU?” Came a different voice, already loud before the man snatched the microphone from the first speaker.
“I am Dairoku Haruchika, but you bastards would be lucky to call me Mr. Haruchika after this mess. Don’t get your panties in a knot just yet, the exam hasn’t even started. I just hope you all understand that this bullshit will not be tolerated. I’m not just talking about geyser over there, I mean all of you! Even the people who weren’t talking. If you’re not part of the solution, then you’re part of the problem. Bystanders or not. Now, shut your traps for another five minutes while we get things situated, alright? At ease.”
———
With that introduction out of the way, Lux was already getting excited again. Who’s ever heard of a school where the teachers can openly swear at a group of students? Well, that wasn’t the part she was excited about. She really just wanted to be out of the whole ‘rinse and repeat’ thing hammered into her through her grade school years.

A few days prior...

"We agreed on payment for this, right?"
The dim-lit alley echoed the girl's pressing request, the hoot of a nearby owl breaking what was otherwise a silent night.
"I'm not really one for risking my life for the fun of it. Of course I want to put those fakes in their place, but your methods are pretty high risk. I've already passed the written test, so that's out of the way. I just wanted to be sure, because I've been talked down to before. I hope you understand that just because you're an idol doesn't mean we're on different playing grounds." Fright's gaze turned cold as she stared through the man that stood before her. She was ready to get her hands dirty, sure, but not without compensation.

His sickening smile grew just a bit wider and his mouth opened to reveal an equally sickening voice. "Of course we did my dear. Fair is fair for all, that's how we do things here. Don't worry your fuzzy little head. DO YOUR TASK, and you won't end up dead."

“Of course I will, don’t patronize me. I take it someone’s put you up to this? Someone even higher than you?” Fright fiddled absentmindedly with the cuff of her sleeve as she adjusted her center of gravity to take on a more relaxed stance.

"hmmmmhmhmhmhm. My business is my business and your business is yours, for now all you need to do is wait for my instructions." without another word he stepped into the shadows and disappeared.

“Right, I know your instructions already. Fail as many as I can. Shoot the ones who rack up too many points. Don’t draw attention to myself.” She recited, walking out of the alley herself. She figured he’d still hear her, even if she couldn’t see him.

The two villains might have been caught off guard by the bright lights that were now flooding the alleyway. The head lights of a black Suv shined brightly focused on the two, until the driver came to stop. Soon after a man wearing an expensive black and red three piece suit exited the vehicle. Before approaching the villains, the man pressed his middle and index finger against his earlobe and mumble something.

"Villain Fright and Villain Stalker, my boss would like to have a word with you two. It would be in your best interest to accept this generous arrangement that my boss has set up. " The man stated in a rough tone. "Now If you would be so kind as to follow me." The man said before opening the door of the Suv.

Fright’s hand immediately snapped to her holster, though she didn’t remove the gun. She considered the man’s words, recognizing the license plate of the SUV. It was true she had a pretty good memory, and this was one of the many things she had committed to it. It was one of many disposable cars he owned, yes, but it’s important to know details like this. The only thing a person can do to prepare for anything is to know everything. She didn’t ask questions.
Fright stepped into the car, though her hand never left her belt.

"Sure! Why not!" he walked over toward the car, past the man, then stopped "But, I think I want to drive." A shadow speared the man through the chest and brought him in front of Stalker who took the mans' keys out of his pocket. "Don't worry, I know the way." He tossed the mans' body away, got in the car, and drove off.

“Hey hey now, I want to be clear I had no part in that” she pointed to the dead body out the window before they drove away. Fright figured the car was bugged and the man was listening to their conversation. “If this man is offering us a lucrative opportunity, I wouldn’t risk throwing it away by killing one of his goons. More importantly, by puncturing and staining an expensive suit.”

"Well what's one less goon? He probably has a million more just like that one back home." He knew for a fact the car was bugged, and he didn't care. If he's right about who that man works for, (well, worked for) then he was probably expected to kill him.

Fright began readjusting her hidden blade- a new addition she’d been working with since she’d be dealing with much more covert operations now. Her glock didn’t fit a muffler very well, and even a muffled gun shot in the middle of an exam was sure to set off some alarms. “I thought you were already working for Calvin? That’s why I was so vague with my wording. Are you just gonna ditch the old group?”

Fright clenched her jaws as the man screeched in laughter, amazed the two didn’t swerve into oncoming traffic when he did so. “No, you just won’t get their money or any future deals with them.” She reasoned, looking out the window as the headquarters drew closer.

"They payed horribly anyway. Here we are." The car came to a sudden and abrupt stop right in front of a big building

Fright's assumptions had been correct the mastermind had been listening in from the comforts of his office. The car was bugged and why wouldn't it? If the two villains truly understood who that man's boss was then they would already know that he was the ceo of the largest hero tech company in America. Powerful forces were brewing within the criminal underworld.

When the suv reached the gates of immaculate H.O.P.E towers several guards had been stationed stationed outside. These guards wore identical suits as the man Stalker killed. These guards were armed with rifles and it appeared as they already knew of what had transpired.

"Hand up! Out of the car now!" One of the guards commanded with his rifle pointed at the car.

Before things could get heated it appeared that the guards received an order through there ear piece. Soon after the front gate were opened and the two villains were free to enter H.O.P.E towers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back