• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom My Hero Academia: GO BEYOND ﹗ ☆ ★ OOC

Which direction do you feel most comfortable with?

Votes: 3 33.3%

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Neither, I'll comment

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Hello everyone! So, a number of you have expressed:

- You're having trouble interacting with other characters.
- The group is too big, it's hard to keep track of/respond to everyone.
- You want a more intimate (meaning smaller in this case) setting.

I have the following proposal/thoughts:

- I am adding a teacher of my own.
- Divide the current class into two groups.
- Logistically, I would make a timetable, figure out how many classes and how many students per class, ascertain who in what class etc. I am thinking of starting off with just half of the students in one class, another half in the other, and then rotate. After a while, I will swap the characters around so they can interact with different people, but they will still get a chance to interact with everyone as I plan to do cool down sessions at the end of the day to let them hang out in dorms, and teachers in their own space.
- How it would work: We start a day, I post timetable, roster and info etc in a story post. Students go to respective classes, interact and do whatever tests/assignments given, when we are satisfied, I post a class change with detailed info, students go to next class etc.
- What about villains: When ready to do any sort of interaction with baddies, these adventures will be plotted out and groups will be either divided up with teachers or placed together depending on the story.
- What about the bigger events, like sports fest: Will be handled similar to the quirk assessment, face offs between characters will be decided at that time.
- Teachers will keep in close contact to plan accordingly.

I ask of you:

- What do you think about this? What do you like, what don't you like?
- Thoughts on how it could improve.
- Respectful treatment of myself and also each other. Please reread the OOC thread rules for a refresher.

I will put a poll up to gather more information tomorrow. Please chat away, I am intently listening to each of you. <3

***Please also note, this is just an idea. I am not committed to this proposal, I will not be offended by feedback and I will not enforce anything without fair input.

****** Please feel free to ask questions, I will answer as quickly as I can.

Idea Idea Rage Rage deianeira deianeira PlusUltra PlusUltra skycaptain skycaptain NeonFlow NeonFlow Eldarkon Eldarkon SomebodyElse SomebodyElse Zamasu Zamasu NUSKI NUSKI S n o w S n o w Mistahh Mistahh erembore erembore Nox Aeternae Nox Aeternae thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore Amyleii Amyleii King Vioogra King Vioogra

Last edited:
Sounds like work but it sounds awesome for the rest of us

Obviously miles, kioshi, Jonas and all the girls,

The rest can play outside

Sounds good, only thing would be who in which class

For the first day, I was planning to randomize it, but also put certain characters in certain classes in such a way that a teacher would feasibly think would be a good idea. For example, if my teacher character is planning an assignment built around rescue and stealth with low damage to the environment, they might think it's a good idea to have students in the class that may struggle with those proficiency's. I would want to present a mock of the time table and 2 class lists to the group before moving forward however, for additional input.

I honestly don't want to divide the RP in two classes. I honestly have already made some interactions and it'll feel like I wasted every post till now if those are suddenly people I can't interact with as much.

hmm not sure how fun it would be to split the class, but then again, the wait for the first event has been really long.

I mean one other concern was reflected in the most recent test with people kinda ignoring what the Teacher said.
"That lovely dummy over there is practically indestructible" *Proceeds to get Desolved, Crushed, Torn Apart, Punted etc*

Miles just had sloppy sixths of that poor thing, I'd like to believe I'd have dialled it down if the dummy was upright haha

I thought about it but like. Even the most toughest material falls to Chloe's decay quirk. There would have to be a specific reason it would be immune to decay. Having it just be indestructible doesn't really do it.

How does this help with the problem? Not saying it doesn't, I just want to hear the reasoning.

- Logistically, I would make a timetable, figure out how many classes and how many students per class, ascertain who in what class etc. I am thinking of starting off with just half of the students in one class, another half in the other, and then rotate. After a while, I will swap the characters around so they can interact with different people, but they will still get a chance to interact with everyone as I plan to do cool down sessions at the end of the day to let them hang out in dorms, and teachers in their own space.
- How it would work: We start a day, I post timetable, roster and info etc in a story post. Students go to respective classes, interact and do whatever tests/assignments given, when we are satisfied, I post a class change with detailed info, students go to next class etc.

Dividing the class sounds like a terrible idea to be honest. Splitting the group may reduce group size, but in return it brings a couple of vulnerabilities:
->Greater chance of cutting interactions
->Greater chance of causing issues when someone has to leave (imbalanced sides and isolation)

Furthermore, this can create division within the OOC, and doesn't work well within the setting, plus it means people now have to retcon information regarding their class and creates potential problems in managing both sides, especially when actual plot is involved.

As an alternative, I think a focus on organizational material might be a better aid that doesn't carry all those issues (though it will require effort). For instance, short summaries of what happens in any given post and the simple information that you don't have to keep up with every single thing.

Now, timetables by my experience are roleplay killers. The few roleplays I ever saw trying to stick to timetables, including my own, died shortly after and often the timetable was related to it. It tends to overcomplicate things that don't need complicating and to create a dull structure.

Lastly, further suggestions:

1. CLOSE THE GROUP. We've been getting new players left and right for a while, and we passed the line where it is sustainable.
2. I personally volunteer to help people find interactions and potentially better interactions
3. Working out a more solid layout of things can help give the setting a more intimate feel, allowing characters to move around without feeling like they are essentially in a vaccum.
4. You are the GM. Things like the dummy incident are your responsability to point out. If a fact is established in RP, as GM its your task to tell a player that their post has a mistake, and to have them correct said mistake. It's a bit late for the dummy thing now, but it will help to understand this.
5. For things to feel more intimate, they have to get more personal. For them to get more personal we need events that are less everyone running around like headless chickens and with more focus on them. I suggest streamlining the approach a little more, and seeing if it generates a positive improvement.

Hello everyone! So, a number of you have expressed:

I have the following proposal/thoughts:

- What about villains: When ready to do any sort of interaction with baddies, these adventures will be plotted out and groups will be either divided up with teachers or placed together depending on the story.
- What about the bigger events, like sports fest: Will be handled similar to the quirk assessment, face offs between characters will be decided at that time.
- Teachers will keep in close contact to plan accordingly.

I ask of you:

- What do you think about this? What do you like, what don't you like?
- Thoughts on how it could improve.
- Respectful treatment of myself and also each other. Please reread the OOC thread rules for a refresher.

I will put a poll up to gather more information tomorrow. Please chat away, I am intently listening to each of you. <3

***Please also note, this is just an idea. I am not committed to this proposal, I will not be offended by feedback and I will not enforce anything without fair input.

****** Please feel free to ask questions, I will answer as quickly as I can.

Idea Idea Rage Rage deianeira deianeira PlusUltra PlusUltra skycaptain skycaptain NeonFlow NeonFlow Eldarkon Eldarkon SomebodyElse SomebodyElse Zamasu Zamasu NUSKI NUSKI S n o w S n o w Mistahh Mistahh erembore erembore Nox Aeternae Nox Aeternae thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore Amyleii Amyleii King Vioogra King Vioogra
I, for once, don't have any issue with splitting up the class. Having to work with different characters we don't know/vibe with that much can definitely result in some interesting roleplay to put us out of our comfort zone. After all, this is a group roleplay, not a 1x1, and I personally would want to get to talk with everyone. I might be biased in this area, though - admittedly, I am one of the people that has gotten less interaction (not that I lament it in any way, we're still in the beginning). But there are other positive sides to dividing us - it would strengthen rivalries and make the roleplay more manageable, since each teacher would just be responsible for their smaller number of students. This way misunderstandings, such as what happened with the dummy, could be easily avoided.

However, I do absolutely see where Idea Idea is coming from and agree with a lot of the points they brought up. In my eyes the biggest issue with splitting the class could potentially be the need to reiterate large amounts of information when asked by characters that weren't with us during the day. That could drastically hinder the pace of the roleplay. I suppose this could be avoided by forbidding the people from each group from discuss their experience with each other, but I don't know how good of a purpose that could be... Not to mention it's kind of dictatorial.

May I propose another quick fix? A timetable sounds like a good idea - it would organize the universe and our day to day lives a lot more. However, within this schedule I feel like we should focus solely on hero studies and dorm downtime. This would pick up the dynamic of the roleplay without a doubt. In addition, I think that the hero studies should mostly (if not nearly always) have us separated into pairs (or at most parties of four). This way we're still splitting the class and making it more manageable, but we wouldn't be putting up that drastic of a divide. It would put roleplayers on the spot if the groups are randomized. Of course, we would be given the chance to interact with whomever we decide within the dorms.

That's my two cents, anyway... There's ups and downs to everything that's been proposed, as is to be expected...

I, for once, don't have any issue with splitting up the class. Having to work with different characters we don't know/vibe with that much can definitely result in some interesting roleplay to put us out of our comfort zone. After all, this is a group roleplay, not a 1x1, and I personally would want to get to talk with everyone. I might be biased in this area, though - admittedly, I am one of the people that has gotten less interaction (not that I lament it in any way, we're still in the beginning). But there are other positive sides to dividing us - it would strengthen rivalries and make the roleplay more manageable, since each teacher would just be responsible for their smaller number of students. This way misunderstandings, such as what happened with the dummy, could be easily avoided.

Wouldn't that be both more manageable, and more effective, if we did that via particular exercises instead of splitting the class? It seems like a bit of a logistical nightmare, both IC and OOC to split the class. But I could very well see the teachers making the students make pairs every other class and trying to force different pairs, or trying to make students seek out different kinds of partners by proposing exercises with very different conditions and goals. Or even just the occasional team match.

Now that I reread your post again, you even kinda mention this idea yourself.

Splitting the class seems a bit to massive and final a decision for a problem that, if it is at all manageable, should be able to be managed on a much smaller scale.

How does this help with the problem? Not saying it doesn't, I just want to hear the reasoning.

Dividing the class sounds like a terrible idea to be honest. Splitting the group may reduce group size, but in return it brings a couple of vulnerabilities:
->Greater chance of cutting interactions
->Greater chance of causing issues when someone has to leave (imbalanced sides and isolation)

Furthermore, this can create division within the OOC, and doesn't work well within the setting, plus it means people now have to retcon information regarding their class and creates potential problems in managing both sides, especially when actual plot is involved.

As an alternative, I think a focus on organizational material might be a better aid that doesn't carry all those issues (though it will require effort). For instance, short summaries of what happens in any given post and the simple information that you don't have to keep up with every single thing.

Now, timetables by my experience are roleplay killers. The few roleplays I ever saw trying to stick to timetables, including my own, died shortly after and often the timetable was related to it. It tends to overcomplicate things that don't need complicating and to create a dull structure.

Lastly, further suggestions:

1. CLOSE THE GROUP. We've been getting new players left and right for a while, and we passed the line where it is sustainable.
2. I personally volunteer to help people find interactions and potentially better interactions
3. Working out a more solid layout of things can help give the setting a more intimate feel, allowing characters to move around without feeling like they are essentially in a vaccum.
4. You are the GM. Things like the dummy incident are your responsability to point out. If a fact is established in RP, as GM its your task to tell a player that their post has a mistake, and to have them correct said mistake. It's a bit late for the dummy thing now, but it will help to understand this.
5. For things to feel more intimate, they have to get more personal. For them to get more personal we need events that are less everyone running around like headless chickens and with more focus on them. I suggest streamlining the approach a little more, and seeing if it generates a positive improvement.

Thanks for your feedback, as always!

In regards to myself making a teacher in relation to these thoughts, I would create a teacher to help facilitate classes, plan in a group with greater power, and act as insurance in case anybody has to leave etc. Truth be told, I want to make a teacher anyways to have in my pocket. I wouldn't say it's essential to this plan however.

I have taken record of your feedback and suggestions, and have already acted on closing the group. In regards to the dummy incident, I do apologize, I agree that it is too late and will work to ensure this doesn't happen again.

However, I do absolutely see where Idea Idea is coming from and agree with a lot of the points they brought up. In my eyes the biggest issue with splitting the class could potentially be the need to reiterate large amounts of information when asked by characters that weren't with us during the day. That could drastically hinder the pace of the roleplay. I suppose this could be avoided by forbidding the people from each group from discuss their experience with each other, but I don't know how good of a purpose that could be... Not to mention it's kind of dictatorial.

May I propose another quick fix? A timetable sounds like a good idea - it would organize the universe and our day to day lives a lot more. However, within this schedule I feel like we should focus solely on hero studies and dorm downtime. This would pick up the dynamic of the roleplay without a doubt. In addition, I think that the hero studies should mostly (if not nearly always) have us separated into pairs (or at most parties of four). This way we're still splitting the class and making it more manageable, but we wouldn't be putting up that drastic of a divide. It would put roleplayers on the spot if the groups are randomized. Of course, we would be given the chance to interact with whomever we decide within the dorms.

That's my two cents, anyway... There's ups and downs to everything that's been proposed, as is to be expected...

Thank you for your feedback as well, erembore!

I have recorded your input, I appreciate your time and thoughts on this!

Hey all,

I know I said I would put a poll up tonight, but I am totally not going to- not just yet.

I have decided to make a detailed pro/con list and summarize this discussion in order to come up with some different proposals/directions to move in for the future based off suggestions and comments etc. Once I complete this, I will post again with some more info and put up a poll.

Again, thank you so much to everyone for your feedback and please continue to discuss, ask questions, and make suggestions. Speaking of suggestions:

Another direction to move in may be to keep the class as one group, but divide up characters into groups (groups of 2, 3, 4 etc up to half and half) for assignments in a more organized environment with firmer layout and focus. This may still include a timetable, or at the least an idea of the structure of a normal day. Thoughts on this?

I agree with Idea, we should split for assignments, since classes are less important and we can even have a planned section for one person to do a big post for the less important classes where they collect everything anyone wants their character to do during what is essintially a montage and just make a mass post so we can move on to important storylines. also I think closing it is for the best.

Yeah only downsides to that is some people are faster posters than others, and if your waiting for 1 person in the group to post it can delay everything. So some groups may fall far behind others.

Hello again everyone! So, I've crunched up all this info in my brain have narrowed it down to two directions:

Plan 1.
  • General outline: Split the class in two, introduce a timetable, students go to respective classes, cool down time in dorms together at end of day. Class roster will be swapped around after x period of time to allow different interactions. GM will move forward with class change posts, time skip posts etc.
  • Pros: More manageable for teachers, everyone will know where they are and where they are going throughout day, can result in interesting rpg experience, strengthen established or planned rivalries and relationships, may take players out of their comfort zone, rigid structure.
  • Cons: Could be too rigid, may cut interactions, cause imbalance if a player leaves, divides the ooc, players will have to retcon info, players can't interact with certain characters as much as they would want to.

Plan 2.

• General outline: Keep the class together, introduce a timetable / basic schedule, students stay together in respective class with cool down time in dorms at end of day. Class assignments etc will be structured and characters grouped up (groups of 2, 4, 6, and half and half etc) to complete tasks with clear layout. GM will move forward with class change posts, time skip posts etc but will also supply short summaries of the happenings in class.
  • Pros: Structure and organization bolsters rpg, everyone knows where they are, where they go throughout the day etc, more manageable for teachers with grouping system in class, focused activities, allows for more intimate character interactions while still allowing characters access to all classmates. ooc will not be divided.
  • Cons: Timetable may still be too rigid for some, may still have to retcon some info from class assignments, will still cut down some interactions, not as manageable for teachers.

You will notice a poll is now up that will allow you to vote for the direction you think is best. I am open to constructing a third plan if additional feedback calls for it.

*** Please note again, I am not committed to any single plan. I am not offended by feedback, and will not enforce anything without proper discussion and process.

Please feel free to keep discussing and asking questions, you know I am always welcome to it and again thank you so much for your feedback and help with this!

Idea Idea Rage Rage deianeira deianeira PlusUltra PlusUltra skycaptain skycaptain NeonFlow NeonFlow Eldarkon Eldarkon SomebodyElse SomebodyElse Zamasu Zamasu NUSKI NUSKI S n o w S n o w Mistahh Mistahh erembore erembore Nox Aeternae Nox Aeternae thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore Amyleii Amyleii King Vioogra King Vioogra Mirgris Mirgris

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back