• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern πŒπ”𝐒𝐄 π”ππˆπ•π„π‘π’πˆπ“π˜ πŽπ… 𝐓𝐇𝐄 π…πˆππ„ 𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒 ;; 𝐒𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐜𝐀

sunshineysoul

entertainer at the house of asmodeous
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

• intro

Clair de Lune

Claude Debussy

Welcome.

T
    he early 1800s were filled with an American education boom. Everywhere you looked, there was a brand new College or University popping up. These schools? They focused on taking children and turn them into assembly-line workers. It was an American normal, something Americans valued very highly.

This was a massive culture shock to a group of four European women who came to America, searching for opportunities to further their own passions for education. After travelling for many years across the northern states of the United States of America, they were appalled at the lack of culture shown in American schools. Most Americans they came across didn't know classics by William Shakespeare or who painted A Starry Night.

It was around the 1850s when these women decided to settle down in the state of Washington, with the vast and beautiful nature scenery, and begin their dream of bringing more culture to America. One woman in particular, Sonia Muse, spearheaded the passion project with her four closest friends & together, in the year of 1864, they opened Muse University for the Fine Arts. Only offering degrees and classes based around the Fine Arts, the women did a splendid job of cultivating young American adults' talents. It was only two years into the Muse University being up and running when they welcomed their first batch of International students.

Since then, MU has been booming and growing more successful each and every year. What started as just two departments has now bloomed into six individual departments:
    Theatre Arts
    Visual Arts
    Musical Arts
    Literature Arts
    Digital Arts
    Fashion Arts

Every summer, hoping students send in their application to Muse University in hopes they get the chance at an interview/audition. The University has become one of the most coveted names in the Fine Arts world, and the enrollment committee takes their job very seriously at choosing their incoming class. There is a strict image and set of morals and values to uphold in order to be a student at Muse University, and there will be consequences if your grades and your character do not reflect the values of MU.

From the Dean of Students, Joy Muse:

"This school has been in my family for generations on end. It was the dream of my great great great grandmother, Sonia Muse, to richen the American culture with the Finer things of life; Art.

On behalf of the faculty and staff at Muse University of the Fine Arts, we are absolutely delighted to welcome you to the new incoming class at our University.
    We're excited to give you the opportunity to Explore your passion, Refine your craft, and Create your masterpiece."

~Joy Muse

intro

roles

rules

Muse University

Explore, Refine,
Create

genre

realistic, drama, romance

status

closed

current students

β™‘coded by uxieβ™‘

Last edited:
slowly walks in with my trench coat of characters

consider me....interested...VERY interested

hehe I'm here

oh my goodness!! thank you all for your interest! hopefully i'll be able to get the temp ooc and application threads up tomorrow afternoon!

606 606 -ferret- -ferret- ComplexDragon ComplexDragon animegirl20 animegirl20 monkeydoll555 monkeydoll555 Mooniee Mooniee felideli felideli
ooc <- here's the link to the ooc thread! make sure to watch the thread as it will be the main line of communication until acceptances are sent out!

applications <- and here's the link to the cs thread! feel free to throw up some place holders so everybody knows which characters are being brought in!

super looking forward to seeing y'all's characters!!

since it would seem like some of these areas kind of tie hand in hand, can our characters major in one and minor in the other or be a double major? sorry if this has been answered already, just want to be sure beforehand
this question was already asked and answered in the ooc thread, so I would highly recommend heading over to that thread because that is the main line of communication until acceptances are sent out.
for convenience, this was my answer to someone else asking this question:

as cool as it would be, and as much as i've wanted to allow it for my own characters, i think it would complicate a lot of things within the rp unfortunately )): so each student is only enrolled in one department, one "major" so to speak.
however, you could have their "emphasis" be in something that could show the duality? like some people might be in the theatre department with an emphasis in musical theatre, so they'd have a combo of music classes thrown into their schedule, if that makes sense! i'm really open minded & flexible so if there's something i see that needs tweaking, we can talk it out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back