• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Mr. Turner's Supernatural Pest Extermination - Psychics for Hire

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Min
C Rank
Exterminator

Finishing her greetings with the guard, Min casually made her way down the hallway towards her office which resides in the D/C Rank Office Space. Upon sighting her supervisor and the 2ic talking quietly between themselves, she gave them a respectful nod as she continued her walk down. She had been working for many years now, knowing both of them well enough.

"It can be a little difficult. This is the only thing getting me by right now, so it's worth it." She opened the car door, grabbing her backpack before she shut the door. She walked toward the front of the building, waiting for Jacob.

"It can be a little difficult. This is the only thing getting me by right now, so it's worth it." She opened the car door, grabbing her backpack before she shut the door. She walked toward the front of the building, waiting for Jacob.
Jacob locks the car, and walks with her to the door, holding this one open for her as well.

Min
C Rank
Exterminator

Finishing her greetings with the guard, Min casually made her way down the hallway towards her office which resides in the D/C Rank Office Space. Upon sighting her supervisor and the 2ic talking quietly between themselves, she gave them a respectful nod as she continued her walk down. She had been working for many years now, knowing both of them well enough.
As Min walks past the two. Myers calls out to her. "Min, your file is on your desk." He paused. Bines stands patiently, smiling at Min. " Also, before I forget I'd like to see you before you leave tonight. I have something to talk about."

Jacob locks the car, and walks with her to the door, holding this one open for her as well.
The building stinks of damp and the air is thick with dust. The place is unusually quiet. Most of the apartments seem to be closed off. The old lightbulb flickers.

Min
C Rank
Exterminator

Immediately stopping her movement, Min turns around coffee in hand.

"Gotcha Myers. And yeah, uh sure Bines." Smiling back as she returns to her movement to the D/C Rank Office Space.

Entering the office space, she begins to make her way towards her office all the way in the secluded corner of the office space. Being one of the senior exterminators of her rank she had the opportunity to move to another office as soon as the last exterminator was either promoted or fired. Placing the cheap recyclable coffee cup on the table she takes off her backpack, placing it beside the wall. Quickly taking a seat in her state of the art, highest quality office chair as she opens the file assigned to her by Myers.

As Min walks past the two. Myers calls out to her. "Min, your file is on your desk." He paused. Bines stands patiently, smiling at Min. " Also, before I forget I'd like to see you before you leave tonight. I have something to talk about."

The building stinks of damp and the air is thick with dust. The place is unusually quiet. Most of the apartments seem to be closed off. The old lightbulb flickers.

"We're looking for twenty-seven," Jacob says, eyes moving across the wall.

Piper nodded at Jacob as he held the door open for her and she patiently waited for instructions to find the woman's apartment but she could already feel where she needed to go. She just didn't want to intrude.

Twenty-seven would be on the second floor. A narrow staircase stood before them -- with slender, knife-like spindles that seemed to ward off unwelcome guests -- decorated with a layer of frayed, red, stained carpet, which rested on creaky wood. The wallpaper was a few decades out of fashion and peeling from the whitewashed walls. A shadow seemed to watch the pair from behind, an unknown, unseen stalker, but when they turned nothing was there. A lamp in the end corner of a dark, long hall (running parallel to the staircase) flickered. The stairs creaked as if invisible boots were marching down them. A long pause of eerie silence cast over the room. Then, suddenly, a loud BANG, followed swiftly by a great SMASH. The old lamp down the hall had fallen and the bulb smashed.

Min
C Rank
Exterminator

Immediately stopping her movement, Min turns around coffee in hand.

"Gotcha Myers. And yeah, uh sure Bines." Smiling back as she returns to her movement to the D/C Rank Office Space.

Entering the office space, she begins to make her way towards her office all the way in the secluded corner of the office space. Being one of the senior exterminators of her rank she had the opportunity to move to another office as soon as the last exterminator was either promoted or fired. Placing the cheap recyclable coffee cup on the table she takes off her backpack, placing it beside the wall. Quickly taking a seat in her state of the art, highest quality office chair as she opens the file assigned to her by Myers.
Piper nodded at Jacob as he held the door open for her and she patiently waited for instructions to find the woman's apartment but she could already feel where she needed to go. She just didn't want to intrude.
The file has the address of Clinton wharf, a haunted warehouse by the bay. The room was light with chatter as other people read and discussed their cases among one another.

Twenty-seven would be on the second floor. A narrow staircase stood before them -- with slender, knife-like spindles that seemed to ward off unwelcome guests -- decorated with a layer of frayed, red, stained carpet, which rested on creaky wood. The wallpaper was a few decades out of fashion and peeling from the whitewashed walls. A shadow seemed to watch the pair from behind, an unknown, unseen stalker, but when they turned nothing was there. A lamp in the end corner of a dark, long hall (running parallel to the staircase) flickered. The stairs creaked as if invisible boots were marching down them. A long pause of eerie silence cast over the room. Then, suddenly, a loud BANG, followed swiftly by a great SMASH. The old lamp down the hall had fallen and the bulb smashed.

The file has the address of Clinton wharf, a haunted warehouse by the bay. The room was light with chatter as other people read and discussed their cases among one another.
Jacob pulls his gas mask over his face, before shooting a spirit gun at the lamp, and swinging a spirit sword in an upward motion at the bottom of the stairs.

Last edited:
Jacob pulls his gas mask over his face, before shooting a spirit gun at the lamp, and swinging a spirit sword in an upward motion at the bottom of the stairs.
The room was silent. Neither gun nor sword seemed to hit anything. At that moment a small, decrepit looking women appeared at the top of the stairs. "What in God's name is going on down there!?" She was in a satin nightdress and slippers, with a cigaret in her hand. "Who the hell are you?" she snarls.

The room was silent. Neither gun nor sword seemed to hit anything. At that moment a small, decrepit looking women appeared at the top of the stairs. "What in God's name is going on down there!?" She was in a satin nightdress and slippers, with a cigaret in her hand. "Who the hell are you?" she snarls.
"We're the exterminators, ma'am," Jacob replies, voice morphed slightly by the mask, "you appear to have a bit of a ghost problem."

Min
C Rank
Exterminator

Min began reviewing the case. The office was the usual as the exterminators discussed cases amongst themselves. Finding nothing else interesting she closes the case file, sliding it into her backpack before hoisting it over her shoulder. She'd give one last chug of her now warm coffee drink, dropping it in the trash can below her desk as she begins her fast paced walk to the parking lot to retrieve a car.

"We're the exterminators, ma'am," Jacob replies, voice morphed slightly by the mask, "you appear to have a bit of a ghost problem."
"You what?" She yells from the top of the stairs. "I can't hear ya. Take that silly thing and talk properly. My ears aren't what they used to be."

Min
C Rank
Exterminator

Min began reviewing the case. The office was the usual as the exterminators discussed cases amongst themselves. Finding nothing else interesting she closes the case file, sliding it into her backpack before hoisting it over her shoulder. She'd give one last chug of her now warm coffee drink, dropping it in the trash can below her desk as she begins her fast paced walk to the parking lot to retrieve a car.
She'd find a Ford Mondeo, in silver this time.

"You what?" She yells from the top of the stairs. "I can't hear ya. Take that silly thing and talk properly. My ears aren't what they used to be."

She'd find a Ford Mondeo, in silver this time.
Jacob removes the mask, "we're the paranormal exterminators you called for!"

Min
C Rank
Exterminator

Going to the driver side of the Silver Ford Mondeo Min opens the already unlocked door, she drops down the sun visor as the car keys drop into her lap. She places her backpack in the passenger seat beside her as she starts the car up with the keys. Buckling herself as she adjusts the mirror before reversing and driving out of the parking lot. She begins her drive through the streets of New York, heading to the address from the file for Clinton wharf.

Min
C Rank
Exterminator

Going to the driver side of the Silver Ford Mondeo Min opens the already unlocked door, she drops down the sun visor as the car keys drop into her lap. She places her backpack in the passenger seat beside her as she starts the car up with the keys. Buckling herself as she adjusts the mirror before reversing and driving out of the parking lot. She begins her drive through the streets of New York, heading to the address from the file for Clinton wharf.
The traffic had worsened. It took about forty minutes to get to the bay. The waters were calm. Min pulled up onto a gravelled road outside an old warehouse with white chipped paint peeling off the metal walls. A truck was parked outside but other than that nobody seemed to be around.

Jacob puts his mouth back on, and begins forward, "come on, Piper; let's go.
The old women lead the pair to her apartment. As they walked in they were instantly hit with the strong scent of cat piss. The carpets were buried by filth, old newspapers and countless wrappers. Dirty dishes piled high in the sink and the walls were painted with stains and mould.
A Amy3173

The traffic had worsened. It took about forty minutes to get to the bay. The waters were calm. Min pulled up onto a gravelled road outside an old warehouse with white chipped paint peeling off the metal walls. A truck was parked outside but other than that nobody seemed to be around.

The old women lead the pair to her apartment. As they walked in they were instantly hit with the strong scent of cat piss. The carpets were buried by filth, old newspapers and countless wrappers. Dirty dishes piled high in the sink and the walls were painted with stains and mould.
A Amy3173
Jacob, currently wearing a gas mask, can't smell the scent of piss in the air, but when he looks around he can't help but feel disgusted.

Piper observed all that happened around her. She knew she was being watching but the spirit was playing a game of hide and seek. She watched the old woman carefully from the bottom of the steps. "Hello, I'm Piper Kay, by the way." Piper finally spoke up after a few minutes of silence. Piper's nose was flooded with the smell of cat urine and she immediately had issues breathing. A little cat pee Piper was okay with, but the fact the entire apartment was a little box was over bearing. "Can you tell us about what's been going on here?"

(ooc sorry I wasn't on yesterday. I was out all day looking for wedding dresses. I ended up not having time to write anything.)

Piper observed all that happened around her. She knew she was being watched but the spirit was playing a game of hide and seek. She watched the old woman carefully from the bottom of the steps. "Hello, I'm Piper Kay, by the way." Piper finally spoke up after a few minutes of silence. Piper's nose was flooded with the smell of cat urine and she immediately had issues breathing. A little cat pee Piper was okay with, but the fact the entire apartment was a little box was overbearing. "Can you tell us about what's been going on here?"

(OOC sorry I wasn't on yesterday. I was out all day looking for wedding dresses. I ended up not having time to write anything.)
The old woman didn't seem to hear Piper. A cat ran out from a mountain of rubbish. An old grey with a chewed ear and mangy fur. The old woman's shaky hand reached into her nightdress pocket and grabbed a hand full of treats which she littered across the floor. Two more cats (one ginger and one white) emerged for the feast. "What are you here for?" she didn't look at them as she shuffled around the room. Seemingly lost in her own mess.

"Ma'am, you called us in because you are experiencing activity here in your home," Piper spoke gently but firmly, carefully pronouncing each word so the elderly woman could hopefully hear her clearly this time. "Can you tell us about it?"

"Activity?" The woman turns to the pair, confused." "Oh!" She finally realises. Bringing her cigarette to her mouth. "It's my husband. The old bastard can't leave me alone. We promised we'd meet up there." She points up. "But the coot can't wait. He was the same when I told him to wait until after the wedding. He couldn't wait then and he can't wait now." The woman rambles.

Piper smiled a bit at the woman's answer. "Okay, ma'am. Is there anything besides you he would be attached to? Maybe a picture, book, or something he used everyday?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back