• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Mr. Turner's Supernatural Pest Extermination - Psychics for Hire

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Rainbow Knight

Mr. Turner's Supernatural Pest Extermination - Psychics for Hire
Bumps in the night keeping you awake? Pesky ghosts in the house? Werewolves in the attic? Vampires in the basement? Simply call Mr.Turner on 347-312-8060 and he'll send around one of his supernatural experts to do away with your ghoulish pests. Act now and get your next exorcism free.
This is an RP that will take place in New York, characters will belong to Mr. Turner's Supernatural Pest Extermination service, fighting the paranormal. Please respond in the OOC or PM me if you're interested in joining.

Last edited:

Chapter One - Standing at the dawn of a new year

January 2nd 2018, 6.30 am
The first workday of the new year. Dawn was just breaking. Luther decided to come in early to catch up with the workload that would have accumulated yesterday while they were closed. It was a nightmare, Luther never knew what to do with excessive spare time but yesterday Luther was particularly restless. The morning air was chilly, clutching his briefcase he approached the short, stocky building. Only security and Mr Turner would be in (The latter only because he lived here). He approached the heavy front door, raising his hand to a small panel beside it, summoning a small amount spirit energy to his palm. The panel flashed green and beeped, the door unlocked with a click and opened -- fingerprints could be copied by a shapeshifter but spirit energy had a signature much harder to fake.
Harold the nightguard was sitting in reception.
"Good Morning, Mr Bines." He greeted with a tip of the hat as he got to his feet.
Good morning, Harold."
He was a short older gentleman with a heavy white moustache and wore a neatly pressed black security uniform.
"Your relief not here yet?"
"No sir, James should be another half an hour yet."
"I see." Luther Bines replied. "Anything to report?"
"Not me, sir. My night was a dull one I'm afraid..." The guard paused. "Although I heard on the ol'walkie talkie that the fellas downstairs may have had a minor incident."
Bines nodded. "I'll make sure to see them." He looked over to the corner and noticed that the Christmas tree was still up in the corner. "When James gets in to tell him to get that thing down."
"Very well, sir. "

Luther made his way through the dark empty building, making his way up the stairs. Mr Tunrer's assistant will be the next one in but Mr Turner probably won't leave his apartment until 10am and he'll probably retire for the day at 1pm. Luther remembered Mr Turner working all day and night when he was just a kid, but now he's an adult and Mr Turner is an old man now. The old man could probably manage more work than he does but it's possible that he's trying to distance himself so that leadership can change quickly and without much disturbance when he passes away, either that or he's just become lazy in his old age. Luther wouldn't put either past the old coot.

Luther makes it to his office and sits behind his desk, booting up his computer. Ready for what the day and the year will bring. He'll be turning 30 this year after all and so will the company. It's bound to be an interesting one.

Last edited:
Chapter One - Standing at the dawn of a new year

January 2nd 2018, 6.30 am
The first workday of the new year. Dawn was just breaking. Luther decided to come in early to catch up with the workload that would have accumulated yesterday while they were closed. It was a nightmare, Luther never knew what to do with excessive spare time but yesterday Luther was particularly restless. The morning air was chilly, clutching his briefcase he approached the short, stocky building. Only security and Mr Turner would be in (The latter only because he lived here). He approached the heavy front door, raising his hand to a small panel beside it, summoning a small amount spirit energy to his palm. The panel flashed green and beeped, the door unlocked with a click and opened -- fingerprints could be copied by a shapeshifter but spirit energy had a signature much harder to fake.
Harold the nightguard was sitting in reception.
"Good Morning, Mr Bines." He greeted with a tip of the hat as he got to his feet.
Good morning, Harold."
He was a short older gentleman with a heavy white moustache and wore a neatly pressed black security uniform.
"Your relief not here yet?"
"No sir, James should be another half an hour yet."
"I see." Luther Bines replied. "Anything to report?"
"Not me, sir. My night was a dull one I'm afraid..." The guard paused. "Although I heard on the ol'walkie talkie that the fellas downstairs may have had a minor incident."
Bines nodded. "I'll make sure to see them." He looked over to the corner and noticed that the Christmas tree was still up in the corner. "When James gets in to tell him to get that thing down."
"Very well, sir. "

Luther made his way through the dark empty building, making his way up the stairs. Mr Tunrer's assistant will be the next one in but Mr Turner probably won't leave his apartment until 10am and he'll probably retire for the day at 1pm. Luther remembered Mr Turner working all day and night when he was just a kid, but now he's an adult and Mr Turner is an old man now. The old man could probably manage more work than he does but it's possible that he's trying to distance himself so that leadership can change quickly and without much disturbance when he passes away, either that or he's just become lazy in his old age. Luther wouldn't put either past the old coot.

Luther makes it to his office and sits behind his desk, booting up his computer. Ready for what the day and the year will bring. He'll be turning 30 this year after all and so will the company. It's bound to be an interesting one.
Jacob sits in the corner of a small, nearly empty coffee shop. His eyes move slowly over the street outside, as he finishes the bagal he'd ordered for breakfast. He found himself unable to sleep the night before, and spent quite a fit of time looking over the city from the roof of his apartment building. He stands. There's no reason for him to linger. He may as well head to work early. There's nothing else for him. He exits the establishment without a word, the sound of a bell signaling his exit into the icy street.

Luther Bines reaches for the phone on his desk and begins to punch in the number for basement security. * Ring Ring. Ring Ring Rin...* "good morning, Jo speaking" says a thick Brooklyn accent.
"Morning, Mr Bines here." Luther tapped his finger against the wood desk as his computer updated. "I understand there was an incident last night."
"incident?" the guard stopped. "Oh yeah, I almost forgot. It was really nothing sir."
"If something happened I'd like to know."
"Well, there was a noise... like a small bang, and then the lights went out for about 30 seconds, but nothing else happened. We didn't think anything of it, sir."
"Even so, anything like that should be reported even if it's nothing. Understand?"
"Eh... yes... yes sir."
"Very good. It'll be shift change soon so I won't keep you."
"Thank you. Bye sir."
"Bye." Bines hangs up the phone as the computer finally boots up.
He types in his password and then he hears the clopping of heels from outside his office: Mr Turner's secretary. He rises and goes to the door, " Ms Clark!" He calls. She's still got her coat on, she must have just arrived. She elegantly canters over. She's in her mid-20s and has a refined beauty of an educated woman. "How can I help Mr Bines?"
"I'd like to order a full inventory check in the basement."
Of what..."
"Everything. Archives, Armoury, vault...
"That could take weeks."
"I know." Bines rests his hand on his door frame. "I'd still like it done. Please."
"I'll get Mr Turner to sign off on it when he wakes, but honestly I don't see why..."
"My guts telling me..."
"You men and your guts." She places her hand on her hip." If we did everything on gut instinct..."
"I know." Luther Bines rubs his clean-shaven chin. "There's important stuff down there. It'll put my mind at ease."
"Fine." Ms Clark sighs. "But you're lucky I don't send you the bill for it."
"You're not so cold." Bines smiles. Ms Clark doesn't say anything else and makes her way to her desk outside of Mr Turner's office.

Jacob sits in the corner of a small, nearly empty coffee shop. His eyes move slowly over the street outside, as he finishes the bagal he'd ordered for breakfast. He found himself unable to sleep the night before, and spent quite a fit of time looking over the city from the roof of his apartment building. He stands. There's no reason for him to linger. He may as well head to work early. There's nothing else for him. He exits the establishment without a word, the sound of a bell signaling his exit into the icy street.
The streets are relatively light with traffic. The sky is an early morning pink as the sun starts to creep out, it looks like the day will be overcast but dry, if not a bit cold. A dishevelled homeless man, about 50 gives Jacob a nod as he passes by.

Last edited:
Luther Bines reaches for the phone on his desk and begins to punch in the number for basement security. * Ring Ring. Ring Ring Rin...* "good morning, Jo speaking" says a thick Brooklyn accent.
"Morning, Mr Bines here." Luther tapped his finger against the wood desk as his computer updated. "I understand there was an incident last night."
"incident?" the guard stopped. "Oh yeah, I almost forgot. It was really nothing sir."
"If something happened I'd like to know."
"Well, there was a noise... like a small bang, and then the lights went out for about 30 seconds, but nothing else happened. We didn't think anything of it, sir."
"Even so, anything like that should be reported even if it's nothing. Understand?"
"Eh... yes... yes sir."
"Very good. It'll be shift change soon so I won't keep you."
"Thank you. Bye sir."
"Bye." Bines hangs up the phone as the computer finally boots up.
He types in his password and then he hears the clopping of heels from outside his office: Mr Turner's secretary. He rises and goes to the door, " Ms Clark!" He calls. She's still got her coat on, she must have just arrived. She elegantly canters over. She's in her mid-20s and has a refined beauty of an educated woman. "How can I help Mr Bines?"
"I'd like to order a full inventory check in the basement."
Of what..."
"Everything. Archives, Armoury, vault...
"That could take weeks."
"I know." Bines rests his hand on his door frame. "I'd still like it done. Please."
"I'll get Mr Turner to sign off on it when he wakes, but honestly I don't see why..."
"My guts telling me..."
"You men and your guts." She places her hand on her hip." If we did everything on gut instinct..."
"I know." Luther Bines rubs his clean-shaven chin. "There's important stuff down there. It'll put my mind at ease."
"Fine." Ms Clark sighs. "But you're lucky I don't send you the bill for it."
"You're not so cold." Bines smiles. Ms Clark doesn't say anything else and makes her way to her desk outside of Mr Turner's office."

The streets are relatively light with traffic. The sky is an early morning pink as the sun starts to creep out, it looks like the day will be overcast but dry, if not a bit cold. A dishevelled homeless man, about 50 gives Jacob a nod as he passes by.
Jacob nods back as he walks past. He'd have to bring a sandwich or something else with him tomorrow to give the man. As he continues towards the exterminator's building, he finds himself wondering if the man knows of the things he works with. If he's terrorised in the night by the wicked and paranormal. Jacob finds himself appreciating his dinghy one bedroom apartment. At least he isn't on the streets at night... He continues on his path.

Luther returns to his computer.He bows his head and holds his cross against his chest. "Lord please lend me strength. Guide me through the day so I shan't stray from the path of righteousness and protect me so I may return to bed alive tonight. Amen".
With that, he raises his head again and opens up his reports, the Kingsly case. It had been six months since Julia, B Rank exterminator had gone missing while investigating it. If Luther had to guess he would say it would never be solved. It may be time to move on. Her desk still remains empty. Luther knows he's gonna have to take on one of the C Ranks to train as her replacement but the question remains: which one? He leans back and scratches his head. Maybe that wasn't for today to decide. He'd have to talk to Myers -- the D/C Rank supervisor -- about it further. As supervisor of the A/B ranks it may be for Ms Rodes to decide who joins her team.

Jacob nods back as he walks past. He'd have to bring a sandwich or something else with him tomorrow to give the man. As he continues towards the exterminator's building, he finds himself wondering if the man knows of the things he works with. If he's terrorised in the night by the wicked and paranormal. Jacob finds himself appreciating his dinghy one bedroom apartment. At least he isn't on the streets at night... He continues on his path.
Nothing else of note happens along the way.

Luther returns to his computer.He bows his head and holds his cross against his chest. "Lord please lend me strength. Guide me through the day so I shan't stray from the path of righteousness and protect me so I may return to bed alive tonight. Amen".
With that, he raises his head again and opens up his reports, the Kingsly case. It had been six months since Julia, B Rank exterminator had gone missing while investigating it. If Luther had to guess he would say it would never be solved. It may be time to move on. Her desk still remains empty. Luther knows he's gonna have to take on one of the C Ranks to train as her replacement but the question remains: which one? He leans back and scratches his head. Maybe that wasn't for today to decide. He'd have to talk to Myers -- the D/C Rank supervisor -- about it further. As supervisor of the A/B ranks it may be for Ms Rodes to decide who joins her team.

Nothing else of note happens along the way.
Once Jacob arrives, he opens the door, and steps inside. His black clothing creates a ghostly contrast with his pail skin as he strolls across the floor, gas mask hanging in his hand.

Once Jacob arrives, he opens the door, and steps inside. His black clothing creates a ghostly contrast with his pail skin as he strolls across the floor, gas mask hanging in his hand.
"Good morning." Harold the guard greets Jacob. "Cold out there?"

Jacob warms up in the break room, indulging in another coffee before going to his desk. He's the first one in on his level. The minutes tick by until thirty of them pass. The guards change shift and more, people begin to show up. The first being Myers, Jacob's supervisor. He's a tall and bulky man with an authoritative deminer. Shaved head. A military man in his mid-thirties. He almost doesn't notice Jacob at first. Wrapped up in a big black coat he puts down his briefcase on his desk -- which faces the swarm of desks which belong to his subordinates like a general facing his men. Without much of a reaction to indicate he's noticed Jacob, he addresses him without looking at the young exterminator. "You're in early, Jacob. I admire your dedication but if you're not careful you may end up as obsessed as Bines" Before Jacob can reply he takes a file from his briefcase and holds it out to Jacob. "Here".

Piper was finally kicked out of the 24/7 diner by seven in the morning.
"You were here when I left at ten last night," the manager comment, ringing up her check.
"Yeah, however, I was eating the entire time."
"You only ordered water and toast. Your check is barely ten dollars."
"Look, sir. I'm a paying customer. Here's your ten dollars, and I already gave the waiter his tip before he left ten minutes ago. I really don't see the problem. I wasn't a disturbance, I wasn't hogging a table from anybody. Five other people came in besides me." She started to twist her long, brown hair around her finger, unable to make eye contact with the manager.
"Don't come again."
"But... fine. Have a nice day." Piper secured her wallet in her backpack before putting it on and walking the few blocks to work. The cold air was a brutal reminder that Piper needed to start calling some of the apartments she applied to later today. And that she needed to invest in a scarf. She was constantly looking over her shoulder, worrying who might be following her before she made it to the front door of her work, entering cautiously.
She exhaled sharply, her nose and cheeks pink from the cold as she closed the door quietly behind her.

Piper was finally kicked out of the 24/7 diner by seven in the morning.
"You were here when I left at ten last night," the manager comment, ringing up her check.
"Yeah, however, I was eating the entire time."
"You only ordered water and toast. Your check is barely ten dollars."
"Look, sir. I'm a paying customer. Here's your ten dollars, and I already gave the waiter his tip before he left ten minutes ago. I really don't see the problem. I wasn't a disturbance, I wasn't hogging a table from anybody. Five other people came in besides me." She started to twist her long, brown hair around her finger, unable to make eye contact with the manager.
"Don't come again."
"But... fine. Have a nice day." Piper secured her wallet in her backpack before putting it on and walking the few blocks to work. The cold air was a brutal reminder that Piper needed to start calling some of the apartments she applied to later today. And that she needed to invest in a scarf. She was constantly looking over her shoulder, worrying who might be following her before she made it to the front door of her work, entering cautiously.
She exhaled sharply, her nose and cheeks pink from the cold as she closed the door quietly behind her.
As she entered she noticed a young guard putting away the Christmas tree decorations, placing them neatly back into a box for next year. He was currently unravelling the lights, careful not to get them twisted or smash a bulb. The plastic tree itself looked old and worn. It's possible it has been here for every Christmas since the place opened and even then had been bought second hand by the looks of it. "Good Morning" the guard greeted her.

"Good morning," Piper smiled and walked over to the guard. "Do you need any help with that?" She asked him before heading to her desk, hoping there was something for her to do.

"Good morning," Piper smiled and walked over to the guard. "Do you need any help with that?" She asked him before heading to her desk, hoping there was something for her to do.
"No thank you. I don't have anything more important to do." He smiles. "But I'm sure you do."

"Okay. Don't work too hard! Stress isn't good for the mind and body," she laughed. She started walking through the building, trying not to get lost. Piper, you've been here for like, two years. You really should know where you're going. She thought to herself and she turned a corner to find where she was supposed to be. She dropped her backpack next to her chair before sitting down at her desk.

Myers hands Jacob the file [It's a case report. A supposedly haunted flat owned by an old women name Edith. It has the address and relevant information enclosed.]

Myers turns to Piper as she walks in. "Miss Piper!" He growls in a deep, drill Sargent snarl. "Yet another early bird. I hope you both enjoyed your new year because we've got hard work ahead of us. I hope you're prepared. Supernatural activity in the city has almost doubled since this time last year."

"Good morning, sir!" Piper stood up as she greeted him. "My new year was... okay." Piper paused, thinking it over, not wanting to say too much about her current situation. "I hope yours was good. I was born prepared for this job. What do you need me to do?" She nodded, holding her breath after she finished talking. She looked directly passed his head, afraid to make eye contact.

Jacob warms up in the break room, indulging in another coffee before going to his desk. He's the first one in on his level. The minutes tick by until thirty of them pass. The guards change shift and more, people begin to show up. The first being Myers, Jacob's supervisor. He's a tall and bulky man with an authoritative deminer. Shaved head. A military man in his mid-thirties. He almost doesn't notice Jacob at first. Wrapped up in a big black coat he puts down his briefcase on his desk -- which faces the swarm of desks which belong to his subordinates like a general facing his men. Without much of a reaction to indicate he's noticed Jacob, he addresses him without looking at the young exterminator. "You're in early, Jacob. I admire your dedication but if you're not careful you may end up as obsessed as Bines" Before Jacob can reply he takes a file from his briefcase and holds it out to Jacob. "Here".
Jacob takes the file and opens it, looking over it's contents. "I ain't afraid of no ghosts," he mumbles to himself with the slightest grin, as Myers talks about the increase in paranormal activity.

"My question was rhetorical, Piper. I'm sure hearing about my new year will bore you just as much as hearing about yours has bored me." Blunt as ever. "Today you'll be coming with me on a case. A whole day with the boss, unfortunate for you I know."

At this point, more co-workers started filing in. "Look what the cats dragged in. Come on everyone, collect your files from my desk and get started. The dead aren't going to wait forever."

While this was going down Luther Bines was making his way down the stairs. A file under his arm.

She slowly exhaled as she let herself relax. She had a tendency to ramble and she knew it annoyed people. She sat back down and went through her desk, making sure her pens, pencils, highlighters, paper clips, and staples were organized as she waited for more information about the case she was to be working on. She looked around the office as more of her coworkers entered and sat down, wondering about how different everyone's lives are. She lost herself in thought, wondering where she would be has she stayed, and where she would be if her family came home.

As Myers rants Luther Bines appears in the doorway. "Oh, Mr Bines sir. Come on in."
"Thank you," Bines replied as he smiled at the room. His posture irradiated composure and authority (but not a rugged and brutish authority like Myers. His was a gentle yet unmistakably strong power). He positioned himself at the front of the room. "Now normally the old man would be here to deliver a speech to mark the beginning of the year but this year it has been left to me. Now as you may know the reports of the supernatural have increased drastically over the past few months but I hope I speak for all of us when I say that it will not phase us. In fact, it will only fuel us to fight against the forces of evil even harder than ever before. As psychics, we are humanity's first and last defence against the demonic armies of hell. I wish all of you luck. May God deliver us to victory."
After the short speech he nods and smiles before turning to Myers and shaking his hand. The two talk to each other about something in hushed voices.

Last edited:
Jacob sets his case file aside, and sits up straight at his desk, hands clasped together in front of him

After a few seconds, Myers turns to look at Piper. "Piper! Forget what I sad for today. I want you to tag along with Jacob on his case." The two then leave with each other while in conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back