Opinion Movies that made you cry!

There is a movie on Netflix called "Go Karts." It's by no means a fabulous movie but there is a scene where the son is playing a racing video game against his deceased father's in-game ghost car. The son finally wins at one point in the movie and takes 1st place in the game's ranking thus erasing his dad's name from the list and ghost car from the game.

uh weird choice but The Lion King. Gets me every time.
Not a weird choice, to be honest. It's the first movie I remember made me cry.

I was going to say the Lion King, because to be honest, who doesn't remember as a kid crying when Mufasa dies? And even though nowadays that scene doesn't make me cry anymore, the way the scene plays really evokes a strong sensation of loss, loneliness and sadness. The movie as a whole is a masterpiece in my opinion, but that scene is the one I remember brought tears out of me when I watched it as a kid.

Oh, I remembered another one! The Spongebob movie, but the first one. It's the one where Spongebob and Patrick have to go to Shell City to find King Neptune's crown to save Mr. Krabs, while Plankton takes over Bikini Bottom enslaving all the citizens.

There's a scene where Spongebob and Patrick are drying out, Spongebob feeling sad that he failed Mr. Krabs as he didn't get to Shell City. Patrick then keeps repeating Shell City, until Spongebob realizes that he's reading from a sign. Shell City is a souvenir store of sorts on dry land. Spongebob then smiles one last time, feeling that at least he got to Shell City. The two of them then start singing, until they dry out completely, a moment where it seems to imply as if they die. Honestly, a moment that brought tears to my eyes the first time I watch it, and still has an emotional impact even now as an adult. Luckily their last tears somehow hit an electric plug, causing smoke to come out, activating the smoke detector and causing the fire sprinkler to activate, hydrating them again so they can continue on their quest.

I don't cry at a lot of things. Infinity War didn't, Endgame didn't, not Lion King, Moana, Frozen 1 or 2, I don't think even Up brought me to tears.

Wall-E got to me though.

I cry whenever I watch the Little Prince, I dunno what it is about it, but there's something about the fact that it's talking about something that I feel like I get so afraid of, and that's really growing up and living in this sort of plain reality, or so I feel like it might be, I worry about losing everything that makes me a child. That makes me excited for life. I already struggle a lot with my motivation to even do things in general, but when I watch this movie it makes me feel just slightly less existential, and the song always gets me. Maybe it's because my parents always wanted me to do the best, and be perfect, and get into all these perfect things, when I felt I just couldn't. Or rather, I'd prefer to be interested in other things.

I love the soundtrack too, the songs, though may be few. I'm just so scared, a lot. This movie kind of helps. Yeah. Uhhh that's it ahha I love it so much I swear.

Bold of you to assume I don't cry at every movie I watch

Because I do ;w;

The "worst" case of it I've ever had was probably Love, Simon. I cried happy tears, I cried sad tears, I cried just to cry, I was a fucking mess.

The last Digimon Tri movie tore me apart similarly. I couldn't listen to "Butterfly" without sobbing for weeks. Kizuna was nearly as bad.

I saw someone mention Onward, and I JUST saw that at a movie night thing my campus did. Actual snippet of a conversation I had afterward with my friend.
Her: You okay?
Me, having stopped crying: Yeah, I'm okay.
Her: Okay, cool.
Me: I thought this was a movie about their dad--
Her: Oh no.
Me: BUT IT WASN'T WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH *proceeds to sob*

We don't talk about how I cried in the theater during the live action Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin because of the sheer beauty and majesty and how much I loved them

I could go on, but we don't have the time to relive every single movie I've sobbed to

The Return of the King. I loved the books growing up and to see the trilogy end it always brings tears ro my eyes in the final scene when Frodo goes to the undying lands

Coraline. Not really a sad movie, but my grandfather and I would have a ritual. Whenever I went to his house on the weekends as a kid, he'd put it on while he made me a warm dinner from scratch and then we would watch as we ate together. When he died and his wife took nearly everything from us, it helped me cope with his death. She might have taken a lot, but she didn't take my memory. He inspired me a lot to be who I am today and I'll never forget that.

Okay, so I watched Grave of the Fireflies with my granny for the first time and I was interpreting simultaneously for her because the movie wasn't available in our language at that time, and needless to say, I had to pause it numerous times because my throat was too tight and/or I was too busy sobbing. An absolutely heartbreaking movie.

I will agree, Grave of the Fireflies was absolutely heartbreaking. I only watched it once, but once was enough. I can never watch it again.

Children of Men. The ending, the beginning, the music and atmosphere.

Queen and Slim, that ending.
"Can I be your legacy?"
"You already are."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back