• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Monstrum's Boarding School(Go Look At the Reboot!)

After James finished his breakfast of pretty much pieces of fruit and waffle on a stick, which he admitted was surprisingly good, he ran straight up to his room and burst through the door, only then to realize that his room mate had been asleep. "Oh damn, I'm really sorry man" he said a little too loudly "Didn't mean to wake you up, but I woke up really late this morning so I'm in a little bit of a rush. Shouldn't you be getting ready?" He said all of this while quickly shoving his books in a bag, and grabbing different items of stationary that were scattered around the room.

Stinger simply groaned when he was woken up by what he was hoping his roommate. He sat up a little in bed and said "All my stuff is right next to me and i don't need to change." and the response to his questions "You also realize we still have about 15 minutes before we have to go anywhere right?" Stinger was guessing this guy was in a way to much of a rush and was obviously going on a hair trigger. Stinger shifted in bed putting his feet over the side "Names Stinger i'm guessing i'm gunna be your room mate for the rest of the year." he held out his hand, but tensed up hoping this guy didn't shake his hand as roughly as Aysel.

James shook his hand firmly and said "James Reeth, nice to meet ya" With a smile. James noticed him tense up and added "Relax man, I don't bite. Well at least not guys" He winked at Stinger and released his hand. "Anyway, if you don't mind me asking, I was wondering...you know...what can you do? I mean we know everyone at this place can do something crazy cool or weird, whats your thing?"

Stinger was thankful that he didn't shake as hard as Aysel, but his expression changed once he said he didn't bite guys leading him to the obvious answer of thinking of a vampire or some sort of demonic creature. When he asked about what he could do Stinger replied with "I can only show you one of my talents right now, the other one will need to wait for the right timing...do you happen to have knife or something sharp on you?' Stinger asked this with not a moment of hesitation, he did not fear anything sharp he'd been used to scalpels for most of his life. He also wondered if he knew where he was going with this, being a demonic creature or something along those lines must lead you to see things. So Stinger and waited to see if James did have anything sharp, his body language not showing any signs of fear.

I frowned and rummaged in my pocket, pulling out a needle from my pants. "Ah...I have this I guess" I said, extremely puzzled "But...uh you don't need to hurt yourself if thats what it takes to show your powers, you can just tell me its ok, I don't mind." I looked at Stinger in a look of both slight confusion and admiration. Seems hes not scared of pain I thought I like that. I handed the pin over to Stinger anyway, and waited to see what he would do with it.

Stinger took the pin in his hand his expression not changing at all in he remark "I have nothing to fear in this, sharp things don't scare me....they were always in my past." Stinger looked at him for a moment grinning, then he positioned the needle over his thumb "Prepare to be amazed." He then quickly stabbed the needle into his thumb the needle going through it a small amount of blood coming from both sides of the needle. He held his hand up to show James that it did go through.He gleefully remarked after showing him " Just give me 2 minutes and this thing will heal, and not even leave a scar...funny thing being a humunculus, your just made to be hurt." He got himself out of bed and got out a bottle of water un doing the cap and washing the blood off his hands the blood already not flowing through the wound.

"Wow" I said smiling like a kid in a candy store "That's so awesome! Its already almost fully healed" I studied his hand thoroughly, as I saw the incision in his thumb started to fade away, the skin growing like a spider web over the wound. "How long have you been able to do that?" I asked, still looking at his thumb "I mean I only discovered my abilities about six years ago, have you been like this since birth or did it happen over time?

As he finishes washing his hands Stinger noticed the amusement on James face, seems as thought this place was truly a sanctuary for those that are "talented". When he heard he only learned of his powers six years ago and asking him how long he had his it took Stinger back a little. He was never sure if he was born or that he was made, he knew that he had the ability to do heal, but had no idea why so the only response he could give was "Yeah...yeah i think I've been able to do that since...well my first wound." He then removed the needle the hole where the needle was, would be almost gone. He sat back down on his bed and took out his schedule studying it for he did not really now what classes he had today.

I decided that, since he took such pleasure in my amazement, that it was my turn to show off a little. I sent a tiny little fireball whizzing past his ear, missing it by only inches and scorching a small black mark on the wall next to him. When he turned in my direction I said "Wasn't me, it was that guy" I pointed at the door and added "Oh damn, he must have just left." I grinned at him as I held a fireball up in my hand.

Orca smiled a little but was then caught off guard as the other girl rushed off. "Oh, okay yeah...cool, see ya..." she mumbled as Grace left. Orca shrugged before finishing her breakfast. That had been a very short encounter, but she figured some people had to go back to their dorms before heading to class. Orca preferred to bring her backpack with her so she didn't need to make another trip. She pulled out her schedule and figured she should try to find her first class, which was WRC.

Stinger was first a little amazed that the fireball had even missed him, he thought something like that would hit him dead on. He then was taken by the remark that James was joking about this Stinger smiled thinking someone like him wasn't really the one to joke to often. He then looked at the fire ball in his hand "Doesn't it burn you? I mean holding it for to long must do something." Stinger was that thrown back by the show of his powers he knew someone had to be able to do something. but Stinger deiced it best and play into the amusement that James was offering him.

Okay, done. Grace thought. She quickly turned on the water and grabbed a towel. Alright time to dry off. Hopefully I can get it done faster than normal. She thought as she began to vigorously rub the scaly tail that had appeared to replace her legs. Alright so I know that my first class is Care of Magical Creatures. Well that should be fun. Oh I hope I haven't offended that girl who I was talking too. Grace thought.

Grace was so involved with her thoughts that she didn't notice when her tail disappeared and she was rubbing her legs raw. A burning sensation was felt in her legs and she stopped rubbing them. Huh. Well they dried faster than normal. She thought. She stepped out of the shower and got dressed. She had put on a black shirt that hung a little loose on her frame but still fit. Grace choice to wear some long blue jeans that covered her legs up. And for her feet, a pair of black sneakers would do.

Monday/ 8:25 A.M./Hallway

Brandie and Brandon had just finished gathering up their paperwork and all of the materials they would need for classes, "Boy aren't those kids up for a treat to day huh Brandon. They don't know what's coming." "I assure you sis. They haven't got a clue." Brandon was usually the quiet one next to Brandie. She could talk for hours and hours while Brandon just sat around rolling his eyes at his sister's comments. As always everyone feared Brandon more because of his non-charismatic nature, but he wouldn't even hurt a fly. Brandie on the other hand, had more blood on her hands than Hitler. Who do you think was the one that gave him the idea in the first place?

Once they were all packed and ready to go, Brandie and Brandon walked down the halls hand in hand heading towards their classrooms. Brandon dropped off Brandie at her room and kissed her cheek goodbye. Brandon continued down the hall, but instead of heading outside like he had originally planned, he turned to the left corridor that was near the exit and walked towards a classroom.

Sugar smiles at the girl stuffing the rest of the tarts in her mouth, "well it was nice meeting you but I have to go." she get up and runs out the dinning hall and towards her room. What to wear, what to wear, Sugar digs through her clothes before pulling out a pastel pink sweater and some rip up galaxy leggings, good enough. She finally looks at her schedule and cursed loudly,math was her worst subject. She sighed and begin to walk to class head hung low.

I shook my head. "Doesn't affect me at all" I said smile growing a little wider "No fire does. Just another perk of being able to control the elements. Oh darkness and shadows I can control as well, though almost all half-demons can do that so its not that impressive. Though the elements abilities, I still wonder this day where they came from. My dad was a Demon, mom was a human but neither of them had extra abilities. Guess I was just lucky." I stuttered a little bit when I said 'Dad', and 'Mom', but managed to hide it well.

Stinger listened as James talked about his abilities and briefly about his parents, he thought he detected hesitation in his voice, but pushed it aside. Stinger looked at his watch and then back at his schedule tck he had math, not always the best subject of his. Stinger got up looked at his schedule one last time and grabbed his bag pushing the schedule into one of the compartments. He looked over to James and said "Well better be off to class, maybe i won't get there in time and miss the part were we learn today." He was saying as he walked to the door, he opened it and looked back to James for a moment "Hope you have a good day." Then walked out closing the door behied him. He was walking with the masses here each one going to different classes, as he was constancy being pushed in this large group including many others he found the math class and got inside. He then found a seat not to far in the back, but somewhere close to the front and sat on the edge of the class.

I nodded to Stinger as he left, and made sure I had everything packed up and ready to go, before stepping out the door myself. I was immediately hit with a large bustle of people, which I was pretty used to so I didn't mind. I joined the crowd and eventually, with the help of my trusty map, found my Math classroom. There were already a couple people there, so I took a seat near the back of the classroom and waited for the lesson to begin.

Making sure that she has packed everything she would need for her classes, Grace walk out of her dorm. Almost immediately she was picked up along with the crowd. I hope I am going the right way. She thought. She stepped out of the crowd and looked at a map she held in her hands. Yep. I was going the right way. She thought. Grace braced herself and went back into the crowd. She followed the crowd until she had reached her class, Care of Magical Creatures. Not many people were there already so she was able to get a good seat in the middle of the class.

Ilius walked into the school, his long, smooth gate one of the many indicators of his regality. As soon as he stepped into the school, his vampiric senses lit up. He could hear the whistling of air as it entered and exited the heaving lungs of various students. Drops of sweat that dripped down the back of others' necks was not lost on his eyes. The very air was saturated with the taste of life and energy, enough to make a lesser vampire salivate. But, what was truly amazing was the smell.

Oh, the smell. Ilius and his ilk were known for acute, predatory senses. However, even among his kind, he was different. His olfactory sense didn't just distinguish regular scents; to him, everything had a smell, from people and objects, to events and actions, to magic and power, itself. Taking a slight whiff of the cafeteria as he entered it, he saw the events that had transpired here withing the last two hours flash through his mind. Ilius found the episode between the foolhardy student and the ever-temperamental Brandie Petrova particularly amusing. It was only as he quietly chuckled to himself that he noticed his presence in the dining hall had caused the lights to flicker erratically, which had lead the students in said dining hall to stare at him. "Ah, my apologies for the lights. I seem to have forgottent to reign myself in today. Please, continue with your meals." he spoke in a suave, apologetic voice, depsite not having any such intentions. Turning on his heels and walking out of the hall, he decided to skip breakfast; the electrical energy of the school's lights hadn't been especially savory or filling, but he'd make do for now.

Noting his first class to be Care of Magical Creatures, he proceeded to the specified location of the class. Now, Ilius doubted he'd be doing much learning in this class, seeing as how his years, and years, and years of life, or unlife, as it were, had allowed to witness and experience what seemed to be everything the world had to offer. Still, he could hold out hope that there would be some moderatley interesting people in his classes to pass his time. So, it was just his luck to find none other than Brandon Petrova as the teacher of his class. Realizing that other students had already arrived, Ilius refrained from greeting the man, although he was sure it'd be a pleasant surprise during roll call. Even so, Ilius didn't feel like standing around awkardly, so he approached a girl who'd also arrived early. "Hello, love. My name is Ilius. It seems we're both in this class, so I figured it might do me some good to introduce myself. You're a siren, aren't you?" he asked unreservedly, his speech slipping into his colloquial British dialect.

@Wings @NessieAlways

Grace looked up at the new kid who had walked up to her. Some of her hair fell into her eyes so she tucked it back behind her ears. He knew what creature she was and kinda unnerved her a bit. 'Do you call all the girls love?" She asked him. "Also how did you know..." Her voice trailed off as she thought about the possible options of what he could be. Her eyes widened as a final thought came to her. He must be a vampire. She thought."Oh. Now I know. Anyway the name is Grace Waterlilly." She told him from where she was sitting.

Ilius let out a light laugh at the girl's question. "Well, only if I think you're a pleasant person to interact with, which I suspect you are." he replied with an amused look on his face. "Anyways, it is my pleasure to make your acquaintance, Grace Waterlily. My name is Ilius el Morgan." As he spoke, he bowed slightly, just as a form of polite greeting. "So, Grace Waterlily, are you looking forward to this class? Any particular creatures you want to see?" Ilius inquired, attempting to start some light conversation.

((First off a big thanks to everyone who is participating in this RP. It makes me super happy to see this actually coming to life, so hugs to all! Secondly if you haven't made your way to class please do so before the 8:30 bell rings (a few more posts) and you are counted tardy and possibly punished/scolded. That is all. Carry on with your shenanigans.))

'Well to be honest, I don't really care. I mean I think all creatures are wonderful. So it is a pleasure to get to see them all and learn to take care of them." Grace explained to Ilius. Though she was a bit taken back by his light bow. He must be from a time were bowing was important. She thought to herself. It would explain why he was so formal and using my last name with my first. "Anyway you seem like a nice person." Grace smiled at him. 'What are you looking forward to be doing here?" She asked.

Sugar slings into her class looking around. It seemed like there was a few people already here. Probably all prepared too, she huffs. Back or front she thinks...she needed all the help she could get, so front it is. She sits down and puts her head down, class doesn't seem like it had started yet so a quick cat nap wouldn't hurt. She gives one last quick look around before closing her eyes and drifting off.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Well, I certainly hope I'm a nice person. Otherwise I've been lied to quite a bit in my life." he joked, leaning back in his chair. "Personally, I'm just at this school to kill some time." Nodding towards the teacher, he added, "It takes quite a bit to surprise me. Just a result of having lived for... well, quite a while." With a sigh, Ilius continued. "Of course, I always hope to see something new, something extraordinary. But that's neither here nor there." Suddenly, Ilius sat up, his eyse glowing a little in anticipation of the beginning of class. "My apologies, but I suspect we'll soon have to cut our little chat short. It seems class will be starting soon."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back