• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Monstrum's Boarding School(Go Look At the Reboot!)

NessieAlways

da bomb diggity

Reboot
multi-limbed_eye_monster.jpg

Dear Student,

Congratulations! I am pleased to inform you of your admission to the Monstrum's Boarding School.

You're admission to Monstrum's Boarding School. is evidence of the Admissions Committee's confidence in your potential, as well as recognition of your fine scholastic achievement and unique personal qualities. We believe you have much to contribute to the intellectual vitality and diversity which characterize Monstrum's Boarding School.

As the leading supernatural-centered academy, Monstrum' Boarding School is committed to giving you the very best education available. Our faculty continues to find new innovative ways to combine research and teaching, involving all undergraduates at all levels. Small classes, intensive advising, active learning provide an exciting and productive learning environment.

We hope to see you on campus. Again, warmest congratulations on your admission, and best wishes from all of us at Monstrum's Boarding school.

Sincerely,

Susan E. Donovan

Director of Admissions

--

• Boys to the Left

Girls to the Right

OddFellows2.jpg

I know most places look scary but it is a Monster School ;)

--

Rules:

1. No Godmoding

2. 5-7 Sentences minimum

3. 3rd Person please

4. Drama is good, but no one likes an attention whore.

5. Don't start fights in the OOC. If your character calls for it, then by all means. Just don't over do it.

6. Cussing is okay just don't over do it.

7. Say "Rawr!" in your application so I know you read this

Last edited by a moderator:
@Icefox11 @Jaciel @MidnightPhoenix1123 @Braxnond @Majestic Rose @JKthegreat @Angel Ride

Before we start:

*Please don't go off on a 1x1. Wait for other people.

*Classes will run a bit different than what some might be used to. I will post further instructions for that later.

*I'll tag everyone in a post when ever there is a plot change, so nobody get's left behind.

*I Modified the time schedule on the OOC and it is down below.

*If you're leaving please tell me if not I will replace you. No hard feelings. =)

*Lastly if you haven't already done so, please take a look at your schedules and room assignments. (If your roommate is MIA I'll be happy to replace him/her)

7:00 a.m. Wake up Bell

7:30-8:00 a.m. Breakfast

8:30-9:45 a.m. Period 1

9:45-9:50 a.m. Passing Period

9:50-11:10 a.m. Period 2

11:10-11:15 a.m. Passing Period

11:15-11:50 a.m. Period 3 Pt.1

11:50-11:55 a.m.Passing Period

11:55 a.m.-12:25 p.m. Lunch

12:25-12:30 p.m. Passing Period

12:30-1:05 p.m. Period 3 Pt.2

1:05-1:10 p.m. Passing Period

1:10-2:25 p.m. Period 4

2:25-2:30 p.m. Passing Period

2:30-3:45 p.m. Period 5

3:45 p.m. School is over

3:45-6:00 p.m. Do as you please

6:00-7:00 p.m. Dinner

7:00-10:00 p.m. Study Hall (Opt.)

11:00 p.m. Lights out

Like this if you read everything

Any questions go to the OOC and tag me on the question...sometimes I don't get Notifications so bare with me

If there are no more ifs ands or buts lets begin.

Setting: You have just arrived at the Boarding School. Look for your dorm and unpack. Dinner will be served soon.

Lights. Camera. ACTION!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday/4:00 P.M./ Dorms

With a black bag strapped across her body, Aysel made her way across the crowded halls of the dormitory. The wallpaper seemed to be chipping off the walls and the floor creaked as the students walked. This is perfect. She kept her head down as she hovered past the anxious students who, like her, were looking for their room. 397, 398, 399 She looked at every door until she finally reached hers, 403.

Aysel stared at the door for a second. Centruy old looking door made Aysel wondered if this place was even suitable for holding people in it. I mean she liked the ancient haunted appeal to it, but if some natural disaster were to happen she wanted to surviv...oh wait she's dead. Aysel shook the though off of her head. Looking at the door, Aysel placed her pale white hand over the wooden plank and trespassed the door without having to open it, one of the perks of being a ghost.

The interior of the dorm didn't look half as creepy as the exterior. The walls where a light creme color and the floor had nice mahogany planks. There were two beds inside, a night stand between the two, two trunks at the end, a large closet to the left of the entrance and a bathroom to the right. Almost instinctively Aysel hovered to the bed closest to the window and dropped her belongings on the bed.

She peaked out the window and found her view to be covered by a tree
So much for perfect scenery. Aysel looked back at the door hoping that the girl who walked in wasn't as obnoxious as the roommate she had 'accidentally' killed in her last school. With a huge sigh and a reluctant attitude, Aysel began unpacking her bags and making the small half of the room hers.

James walked down the corridor as briskly as possible. There was too much noise in this corridor. He didn't do well with loud areas. "Room 412" he said quietly when he got to his door and went inside.

His roommate wasn't there yet. James silently prayed that he was the quiet type. He put his stuff on the bed near the window. The room was actually really nice with wooden floors, two beds and a fairly big bathroom. He put all his clothes in one of the closets and set his books out on the desk in front of his bed. He sat on his bed, twirling a ball of fire around his hand and waited to meet his roommate.

Orca grumbled as she made her way to the campus. She had been on time until her mother reminded her to bring her sealskin. The stupid thing was so heavy, and Orca really didn't want to bring it to her new school. Why would she need it there anyways? Imagine sitting in your new class at a new school next to some girl you've never seen before and she opens up her backpack and has a sealskin inside! Orca could only imagine how much that would freak someone out. Then again, she vaguely remembered her mother saying something about it being a magic school or a monster school, or something to that effect. Maybe she wouldn't be so weird after all.

Orca found the campus but had to stop for a moment. "Is this even a school?" she mumbled aloud. "Looks more like a haunted house." But she caught a glimpse of some other figures moving about, and it didn't seem like they were being mysterious- just living. Orca shrugged and figured she could ask someone. Sh didn't scare easily and figured she had nothing to lose, so she walked up to the large facility. Once inside, she realized that yes, this was in fact the school she was supposed to be attending. Actually...this place seems kinda cool, she thought to herself.

Orca trudged through the halls, aimlessly wandering until she realized what time it was. Hm, she had better find her dorm then, right? Room 402...it couldn't be too far away, right? Orca noticed boys and girls separating into two buildings and figured those must be the dorm rooms. When she reached Room 402, she stuck her key into the lock with a shrug. The lock gave her quite a bit of trouble, but she eventually got it open and stepped inside.

Adam walks to the school building trying to go unnoticed and while he could easily switch between personalities and true form now he prefers his Angel personality for new places. 413. 413. 413. Where the hell is room 413..... Oh right next to me. He blushes and quickly goes into the room, he doesn't pay that much attention but choose the bed that gives you the view of the girls coming and going from their dorm. He wants to see if there is any hot girls not like anyone can blame him.

Lucius struts down the dorm hall with a backpack slung over his shoulder and two suitcases in both hands. He brought a lot of books to read. Lucius didn't know if he was actually going to make some friends, so why not bring something to pass the time in case that happens? Lucius remembers that his room is 411, and his roommate is a guy named Jayron. He hopes that he can make a good first impression, they will be living with each other after all.

Lucius got to the school campus by a demon taxi. He grinned nervously when he first saw the school. It was a huge campus, but he was more focused on how creepy everything looked. It was monster school, but couldn't they plant some flowers or something to brighten things up? Lucius chuckles back at the thought. He was familiar with death and dying, and he suddenly wants to liven this place up? This place does make him think differently.

Lucius's footsteps can be heard echoing through the empty hallway. He didn't see anyone down each end. It was just vacant. However, he knew there were people here. There was raucous laughing and music blaring inside the rooms. At least the walls blocked most of the sound, but not enough. Lucius rolls his eyes and stops in front of a door marked 411. He sets down his suitcases and fumbles to find the key in his pockets.

It opens up easily, but the door squeaked as it is kicked open. "Oh, that's going to be annoying." Lucius grumbles. The room was empty, so Lucius got the first pick on the bed. He grins and chooses the bed that is to the left of the window. It was a medium sized room, but didn't feel so spacious. A window was directly across from the door and two beds were pushed against the wall on either side of the window. Everything seemed to be symmetrical. No side of the room was better than the other side.

Lucius throws his suitcase on his bed and begins to unpack, anxious to see who his new room mate was.

Oh? Lucius wanted to meet Jayron?

Lifting his leg at the knee, a foot would slam the door open that belonged to room 411. Sheeeet, at the time, it had only been about halfway open. This was completely unnecessary. As a result, the wooden slab would viciously bang into the wall beside it as it opened. Earphones adorned his head, blasting hip hop music with a duffleback which had been slung over his right shoulder with his right hand. High-top, fashionable shoes to adorn his feet, the young man moseyed on over to his side of the room. Tossing his bag onto his bed, Jayron removed the headphones from his ears, and the cellular device in his pocket it was connected to. When he disconnected the cranium accessory from the auxilary port, he turned to say hello to the man who was indubidibly his roommate.

With an obnoxious expression across his features, he lifted one of his arms and pointed toward Lucius.
"First, we're gonna set some F!#%ing ground rules." Jayron continued staring for a moment before he dropped his hand. A calm smile replaced the angered look on his face and he parted his lips again to speak. "I don't care what you do. Just don't screw any girls on my bed, or while i'm in the room; and ask me to use my sh!7 if you need to." Leaving that with a shrug, he sat on the bare mattress and took the shoes from his feet. There was a bit of decorating to do, and sure as hell now was the time to do it.

When he finished making his bed, the comforter over it was dark blue and tan. So were the pillow cases. He put a picture within a frame, containing the artwork from 'Abbey Road', a Beatles album. It had holographic / slight three dimensional-esque qualities, making it look pretty trippy from a couple of angles. Besides that, there was a frame of an album cover from a rapper named Kendrick Lamar; the artwork belonging to his mixtape 'Overly Dedicated'. Yes, two completely contrasted in time and genre. This said a lot about Jayron himself; he was very open - a person free of labels.

After he finished setting that up, he removed the laptop from his bag, along with a cord and placed it on his desk. Of course, the desk the school gave him - not like he brought one from home. That would be way too much work, even if he used a bit of his power doing so. Jayron was a bit lazy at times, and it showed often. Not bothering to unpack anything else, he tossed the bag into his closet and that would be that.

"
So, Lucius. Demon, right?" The young man asked, curiously. This question was not unlike him asking about the weather. Of course, he was only a human.

Kina walked down the hall as a human with her luggage. 403..... 403.... She found her room and took a deep breath. She opened the door to the room, hoping that her room mate was nice enough to share a room with a shy dragon shifter. "Hello?" She said, peeking into the room. The first thing she noticed was the tree blocking the window. Perfect place.... She sighed and smiled to herself. She spotted Aysel and immediately froze up.

Sunday/5:30 P.M./Dorm 403

Aysel's head popped up as soon as her roommate walked in the door. She smelled it, fear. A small malevolent grin unfurled on Aysel's face and she slowly hovered towards the girl. She stopped just a few inches away from her face. Her expression was deadly and her eyes were menacing.

"Let's get this straight. You don't touch my stuff. You don't even go near my stuff. You don't invite people over. You don't throw parties.
Do not question my actions. Any music or noise is to be kept inside those things called headphones. No alarm clocks, if you want to be woken up just let me know and I'll wake you. Respect my rules and my space and I wont have to kill you, got it."

Without even letting her answer Aysel's expression eased up. "I'm Aysel. Nice to meet you roomie. Dinner is almost here so you better unpack quickly." Aysel backed up and hovered back to her side of the room that was already decorated. She had placed a black velvet bed cover on the mattress. She had several posters of the moon and black wallpaper taped to the walls on her side of the room giving it a eerie feel to it. She had a black candelabra on her night table and several sheer black curtains hanging over her bed like a canopy. The room looked spooky and dark, the perfect room for a ghost.

Sunday/5:35 P.M/Dorm 411: Lucius Ryan

Lucius stops putting his clothes in the drawer when he hears a loud bang. It didn't startle him, but it was an alarmingly loud noise. A boy that looked like his age walked in with music blaring through his earphones. Even Lucius could hear it.

Lucius holds back a smirk as Jayron begins to swear at him. "You don't have to worry about me, man. And those rules apply for me too. Not like my stuff is worth a crap. It's mostly books. I don't care if you read them, just as long as you give them back." Lucius smiles and watches Jayron set up his side of the room. "It looks like there isn't much worth using anyways." he says jokingly. He observes as Jayron didn't even finish unpacking, but would rather throw his stuff in the closet.

Lucius looks up at Jayron when he began to speak. "Yeah, I'm Lucius. You can call me Luke, Lou, whatever. I don't really care," Lucius says lazily, "Yeah, I'm a demon. Hopefully you don't have a problem with that, being a human and stuff. Jayron, human..." Lucius pauses and looks over Jayron, "This is a monster boarding school..... Why are you here?" he asks with genuine interest. He wanted to see what Jayron could do. He must have some talent to get into this school of misfits.

Lucius leans his back and waits for his new roommates answer. He seems okay.

Sunday/5:30/Teacher's Lounge: Professor Grace

Professor Grace strides down the hall and opens the door for the teacher's lounge. Immediately, the plants that she placed on the counters perked up and began wiggling towards the Professor. Hazel Grace began to coo at the plants. "Oh, they are going to enjoy you once I begin teaching..." she turns around to see that she's not alone. Some of the teachers were chuckling and rolling their eyes at Hazel. They expected this sort of behavior from the green thumb. "I'm going to go attend to some....business." Hazel whispers mysteriously. She assumed that the teacher's knew what she was going to do. Hazel see's Professer Druidae sigh in relief, so she rolls her eyes. Hazel was the only one who liked doing the dirty business, and it was a bonus that it was her turn anyways on the chore wheel. Hazel slips out the door and into the deserted hallway.

She moves fast and swiftly down the deserted hall. It wasn't going to stay that way much longer... It was almost dinner time, and there would be a huge first day feast. Hazel didn't know how long it would take. All of the introductions of the teachers would happen at dinner, she thought. Get the students familiar with the teacher's before the school year started.

Hazel's heels echoes in the halls as classrooms whizzed past her. She was focused on one thing and one thing only. Everything else was a blur. She stops at the end of the hall in front of a mysterious looking door with little green plants sprouting from the cracks. It looked old and worn. Hazel checks down one end of the hall and the other, finally checking over her shoulder. She didn't need any curious students wondering what she was doing. Hazel pulls her necklace out of her shirt to reveal a key attached to it. Using the key to unlock the door, she does a swift look around again before opening the creaky door.

A dull roar was the only thing that could be heard before Hazel slams the door shut.

NessieAlways said:
Sunday/5:30 P.M./Dorm 403
Aysel's head popped up as soon as her roommate walked in the door. She smelled it, fear. A small malevolent grin unfurled on Aysel's face and she slowly hovered towards the girl. She stopped just a few inches away from her face. Her expression was deadly and her eyes were menacing.

"Let's get this straight. You don't touch my stuff. You don't even go near my stuff. You don't invite people over. You don't throw parties.
Do not question my actions. Any music or noise is to be kept inside those things called headphones. No alarm clocks, if you want to be woken up just let me know and I'll wake you. Respect my rules and my space and I wont have to kill you, got it."

Without even letting her answer Aysel's expression eased up. "I'm Aysel. Nice to meet you roomie. Dinner is almost here so you better unpack quickly." Aysel backed up and hovered back to her side of the room that was already decorated. She had placed a black velvet bed cover on the mattress. She had several posters of the moon and black wallpaper taped to the walls on her side of the room giving it a eerie feel to it. She had a black candelabra on her night table and several sheer black curtains hanging over her bed like a canopy. The room looked spooky and dark, the perfect room for a ghost.
Kina nodded and swallowed. "Th-the same thing goes f-for my things." She turned into a small blue dragon. "I am allowed to come and go as I please, so leave the window open. If you have any objection to this, let me know and i will limit my travelling. You will not bother me when i work or study. I may have a creature in here every now and then, but i'll make sure that it does not bother you."She ed back into her human form. "I am Kina." She turned back to her suitcase and brought out her calender, her moon chart, and her book bag. She delicately placed her books under her bed. Turning back to he suitcase, she brought out her pillow, her fluffy blanket, and her small neck pillow. She arranged them on her bed so that it looked like a nest of some sort. She turned back into her small blue dragon and flitted up to the bed, landing in the 'nest' and arranging it just so. She nodded and turned into her human form. Placing her suitcase under her bed, she stood back to admire her work. "When is dinner, exactly?"

Orca waited around for awhile, sticking the necessary items in places so she could get somewhat settled in, though she assumed she shuld wait for her new roommate before just deciding where to put everything. Orca didn't care much about what side was hers or any of that stuff, so long as she had a little space to herself. She'd rather not cause problems with a new roommate, just in case she was one of those strict, control freak types. Orca looked at the schedule she had been given, still trying to memorize the times. She figured out it wasn't too long until dinner. She might as well head in that direction, since she suspected she might spend some time getting lost before she actually found the dining hall.

Orca left her room and locked the door, tugging at the key a couple of times before the keyhole allowed its release. She made her way out of the dorms at least but wasn't sure where to go from there. Orca stood in the hall, looking down to each end in hopes of picking the right direction. She shrugged and started walking- there was no way of getting there if she didn't make any attempt right?

Adam studies his map some more before he leaves his room making sure to lock it. He heads straight for the dining hall. He sees that he is the first one there and extends wings and flies up onto the thick wooden rafts and sits down on one while pulling his wings back into his back. He pulls out Wuthering Heights and starts to read.

Flourintine briskly walked down the hallway, slightly afraid to meet his roommate, "412" he kept mumbling, as if it'd help.

He watched the dorm numbers increase steadily "408, 409, 4010, 4011, 4012...." He sighed, and stopped In front of the door, " Dear Artemis, let my roommate be half descent..." He closed his eyes, and took a big breath, and exhaled trying to get calm, he put on a smile, and put his hand on the knob opening the door slowly, he walked in quiet, and collectively; his bag hanging on his shoulder. Flourintine examined the room, noticing his roommate, "Hello...." He noticed the fireball he had in his hand.

Hot.

Dangerous.

Raced through his mind, the fire won't be good for any of his plants, especially if he got the flame close to them.

Flourintine say his bag down by his bed, at least, the one that wasn't occupied.

"So...I'm grateful I didn't wind up with some gargantuan beast..." He said jokingly, as he began to unpack his bag.

He seemed alright. James' roommate that is. "Feeling is mutual" he said and saw the guy look at the fireball in his hand with caution. He extinguished it and replaced it with a ball of water. "MAybe this makes you feel a little better" James said "I'm James by the way, James Reeth" He wasn't really that big on introductions, but since it was inevitable that they would be seeing each other a lot over the course of the next few weeks, it seemed appropriate at this time.

Sunday/6:00/Diner time!

Without responding her roommate Aysel turned and walked out through the door without even bothering to open it.

As if on cue the PA system went on and revealed the voice of an overly enthusiastic dean.

"Good evening students and staff. I hope your move in was successful and you have already settled into your dorms. At this time, if you haven't already, please make your way to the dinning hall for our annual Welcoming Feast. I'll be looking forward to meeting you all there."

There was a loud feedback noise followed by, the slamming noise of something falling in the office. There were several noises in the background that appeared to be voices, Susan...two kids....halls...into the basement...dead. There was more fumble and then the PA went off.

James heard the PA message and left the room with out another word to his roommate. The background noise disturbed him a little bit, but he decided just to leave it be. He had pretty much memorized the map of the campus that they were given so he didn't need any help finding the dining hall.

When he got inside, he noticed that it was a very large room with massive amounts of food in different locations of the hall and was quite surprised. "I doubt the food will be like this for very long" he said to himself as he continued into the hall.

Orca heard the PA message while she was wandering in one of the halls. When she turned around, she could see other students heading in the opposite direction. Orca started to follow, figuring that was where the dining hall was.

When she entered, she was surprised at how large it was. She had expected more of normal-looking cafeteria with food that looked mysteriously inedible, however, the place was huge. It didn't feel crowded, which was nice. Plus, there were heaps of food that took an actual shape rather than a brown or gray blob form.

Orca wasn't sure if they were supposed to just get food or wait for an announcement. She suddenly realized that she was a bit hungry, maybe the stress of the first day was having a slight impact on her, after all. Orca decided to just sit at a table that looked empty at the moment and just wait to see what everyone else was doing.

Adam switches over to his demon personality and stretches his wings out (his demons wings looks like Kurumu's off of Rosario + Vampire)and jumps down from the rafters and glides down so he doesn't hurt himself. Once he lands he pulls his wings back in. "So far so good," he mumbles.

Kina stood there, bewildered. Two kids.... Dead? She shook her head. It was probably not that bad. She turned into her orange and black pygmy dragon and flew in the general direction of the crowd. Coming into the entrance she landed in a corner and humanized herself. Her book was safely stored in her jacket. She marveled at how the Dining hall was set up. It was.... different.... than what she had seen before. She wasn't hungry, so she chose an empty table in the corner of the room to sit at, and pulled out her book, Legend of the Fox Flame, book three in the Forest Myths series. She turned to page 273 and buried her nose in it, smiling slightly. I hope no one notices me......

Before Flourintine could respond his roommate was out the room, going to the welcoming feast, great more people, he didn't exactly get the greeting he hoped for, but he didn't really mind. He took out a small Sedum plant, incased in a small blue pot, and than he took out a small water bowl, designed like a fish with fresh Green grove moss, and Duckweed in the water. "Alright...I hope he won't mind a little floral spice..." And with that he left the room, walking down the hall with a map of the school, still slightly unsure of where to go.

There weren't any empty tables left when James looked to sit down, so he got himself a small plate of food, and sat at a table that had one girl who was reading a book, on the other corner from her without saying anything. He sort of just looked at his food, so not to draw attention and to try not to engage in conversation.

Kina heard a soft thump as the boy sat down at her table. She looked up and eeped, turning into a small orange dragon and hiding under her book.

Suddenly the girl was gone, and James was a bit startled. But then he noticed a small black and orange tail peaking out from under the book that had dropped to the table. "Thats amazing!" he blurted out, not really meaning to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back