• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Monsterhearts: Ruse Cruise

This is probably the first RP I'm in with both of you, so I wouldn't know. But I just had the feeling. It's weird.

weird feeling about my beloved.... yeah, that is acceptable. He brings out that out in people. There have been any number of times I have tried to be really made at him when he's sitting there cracking jokes and making me laugh. He infuriates me when he does that. Blasted man knows my weakness.

That's everyone! Tonight just got interesting. We can move on over to mechanics. My random dice machine says that @Cirno will be the first to start the string collecting so go ahead and post in there, following what your backgrounds dictate.

And I must say, your chosen backgrounds, playbooks, and history have all given me so much more than I was expecting to work with, I'm so giddy!

Teh Frixz]That's everyone! Tonight just got interesting. We can move on over to mechanics. My random dice machine says that [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/8635-cirno/ said:
@Cirno[/URL] will be the first to start the string collecting so go ahead and post in there, following what your backgrounds dictate.
And I must say, your chosen backgrounds, playbooks, and history have all given me so much more than I was expecting to work with, I'm so giddy!
Wait, the Strings are like the Hx in Apocalypse WOrld, correct? If so, doesn't the Mortal always go last per the backstory rules?

Roses likes to act like an know-it-all. Nothing to see here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll give it a shot, but please do correct me if I screw it all to Hell. (geddit?)

Captain Hesperus

Hehehe I'm glad you liked them. I'll wait for everyone to post once before I respond.

How is everyone enjoying the theme/setting. I thought it might be a fun twist on things.

[QUOTE="Teh Frixz]Hehehe I'm glad you liked them. I'll wait for everyone to post once before I respond.
How is everyone enjoying the theme/setting. I thought it might be a fun twist on things.

[/QUOTE]
I like the setting. If it had been in the actual high school, I think I would have focused too much on churning out homework and managing academics. Here we go straight to the drama. Cruise ship supports themes of Monsterhearts very well. (Although it's really amusing to imagine how seriously anyone can be taken in shorts.)

[QUOTE="Teh Frixz]Also, feel free to use your playbook moves and your regular moves at any time!

[/QUOTE]
Does that mean @Mrs Hesperus and/or I could roll Cold to shut down the trio?

A quick note to all: Victor is a nasty, violent little bastard.

That is all.

Captain Hesperus

Haha! No kidding.

It looks like the chair rattling might count as a shutting down move. "If you push someone up against a locker and threaten them, consider the possibility that you’re actually shutting them down rather than lashing out physically," from page 23 of the book. Good rolls on shutting down may mean gaining/losing strings or gaining conditions. On botch the MC gets to take some actions of her own.

I really need to read up on the physical interactions side of this systems. Also, is anyone aware of Victor's Infernal nature?

Captain Hesperus

Since she is so old, and has obviously been around, I am assuming that Osthryd knows of the family, but whether or not he is an actual infernal, she doesn't know... she just knows that the family itself is bad news.

But, she still has a string on him. ;)

A full description of the basic moves has been posted in the overview.

@Mrs Hesperus @Cirno @Grey @DreamingofRoses

Please take a look and utilize before taking major action :D

Crisis also averted. Let's slow it down a tad for me though. One post before letting me respond there you two bibliophiles you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back