• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Monsterhearts: Ruse Cruise

Not that I'm complaining, I just gotta assert my dominance and all. The MC is an active player in all this too ya know. I don't know what I'll be doing with all these tyrant strings otherwise.

You get a Tyrant String! And you get a Tyrant String! Everybody gets a Tyrant String! There, fixed...

Captain Hesperus

<p>Quick question: how does my Unknowable Skin Move work?</p>

<p>

Captain Hssperus</p>

When you roll to lash out and physically deal with someone, you roll a 2d6 and on a ten up you get to take 1 string they may have on you away in addition to the normal effects of lashing out. On a 7-9 you can add it to one of the lashing out options but you don't get to use it as a bonus

Urgh how do I justify Gabe interacting with this scene so late. No intervening sooner feels out of a character.

I think I'll have Natalie and Osthryd use their run away move leaving the others behind, should be easy to jump in that way

The hell did I miss?

Oooh, interesting. Will process when I get home from work

Ha! I guess Robin's a grill now.

(Honestly, I didn't use any pronouns because I couldn't decide, so girl works well.)

I.. suppose it's too late to try and slip in here, with how Monsterhearts works?

Curses, I just noticed it existed, and have been wanting to get in on a Monsterhearts game for a while..

My window dieded on me so its gonna be a day ortwo before i will get back to ya

Osthryd actually likes Christmas, and singing, and dancing, and having fun. She also likes pretty things.

I was under the impression that "puritan" meant a very religiously inclined person, hence the use of it.

/dons historian hat, cracks knuckles and smiles gleefully. (yes, I literally did all but the first)

All through the middle ages Europe was solidly based on RomanCatholicism as based out of well... Rome. This didn't change until the 16th century when in 1517, Martin Luther nailed hi theses to the doors of a church in Germany. From that moment on, Protestantism was born. It was named as a movement of protestation against the Roman Catholic Church. By the late 17th century, a group of protestants called Puritans became a very powerful force within England and all Britain. They were a joyless lot and took pleasure in having as austere as a life as possible. They eventually took over Britain and killed King Charles I. Thus came the Cromwellian years. And he was a Puritan's Puritan. He was so soulless that he banned Christmas, gift giving, singing, and anything other than a bleak and stern responsibility towards God. God wants us to be happy, not miserable and Puritans took suffering for God to a whole new art form. He was going to convert everyone come hell or high water. And if you were Catholic... your life was not worth living.

The people decided that he was not a good ruler and he was kicked out and the monarchy was put back in. King Charles II was called the Party King because well, he partied and life was fun again. The Puritans were persona non-grata in Britain and so they left England. Some went to the Netherlands, some to Germany and some to the British Colonies where we still have Puritan DNA in our national identity. In fact, the Amish are descendants of Puritans who had come to America via Germany, they are not actually Dutch (they are called so because they speak Deutch and people being people just called the Dutch).

So, if there is anyone who is most likely to be anti-Puritan, it is going to be Osthryd. I am sure that she saw the flames of witch hunts on more than one occasion. She fears wooden steaks, fires, and anything that can actually kill her.

Frixzie, did you just happen to find that, did you know about that song?

Cause... dang... just dang. That was what you played to get people pumped up. Everyone would shout LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Oh I remember it well from when I was younger. So many assemblies and baseball games played it so it's kinda stuck in my head whenever I see sports fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back