• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Monsterhearts: Ruse Cruise

Teh Frixz

That lady robot
Monsterhearts

The year is 1994. Across the USA there has been a massive 'support your school' competition and congratulations, you've won. You and your entire class of Baybreak Public Highschool have won a week long cruise through the Bahamas. While not all students can make it and there is considerable parental chaperoning going on, it's still an oppertuinity to kick back and enjoy the economic paradise of the mid 90's.

Or is it?

You are one of the beasts of the night. The old stories written about you still inspire terror to this day but that's not you is it? You aren't your darkside. You are a teenaged student on a summer cruise with all your friends, enemies, and families.

Never mind the odd looks the Captain gives, don't mind the Teacher Chaperones asking about the smell in there while spilling their martini's. Everyone and everything is normal. What could go wrong?

This is one of the rare games being hosted by your lovely lady of Ceremony, Teh Frixz. From here on in, I'll be your guide, mastermind, God, Devil, and everything in between. There is an ending to this ride, sorry Mr.Bones, but what that ending is depends on your luck, skill, and the ability to hide what you truly are.

Everyone is welcome to apply, just be warned that this isn't going to be a cake walk and I'm dropping mature themes faster than people dropping out of a Large freeform roleplay.

We will be using the MonsterHearts ruleset and all skins are in the game for now. I'll be the final word on if you can be that half angel half devil demigod vampire or if you are stuck being a lowly ghost. Deal with it. But the biggest rule is I want you to care, no shoddy half posts here. Every word you type will have a consequence and I'm going to have time limits on what's going on. Nefarious things will be afloat so keep your watched threads tab up and running. Seriously though. Have fun and remember

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes

Monsterhearts lets you and your friends create stories about sexy monsters, teenage angst, personal horror, and secret love triangles. When you play, you explore the terror and confusion that comes both with growing up and feeling like a monster.

Based on the Apocalypse World engine, this is a game with emergent story, messy relationships, a structured MC role, and a focus on hard choices. Monsterhearts draws on source material like Twilight, True Blood, Ginger Snaps, Jennifer’s Body, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Misfits, The Vampire Diaries, An American Werewolf in London, Cursed, and Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

If you like supernatural romances, or stories of monstrosity and personal horror, or if you just like watching sexy people ruin their lives, then you’ll love this game

@Mrs Hesperus @Dusky @anyone I missed I can only have so many tags I'm sorry @Killigrew @JayTee @DeusExAlice @WlfSamurai @Mordecai @welian @Syrenrei @SephirothSage @AkuTheWolfOkami

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm... I distinctly remember high school in the 90s... this could be interesting, though I do not know this gaming system.

:)

[QUOTE="Elle Joyner]Sounds intriguing. >_____>Idunnowhatthisistho....

[/QUOTE]
It's a really easy dice system that isn't scary to generate characters. The rules are all free online and only require two six sided die. Is very easy because I'm bad at running games and I know this syste.

Teh Frixz]I'm dropping mature themes faster than people dropping out of a Large freeform roleplay. [/QUOTE] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/1-the-dark-wizard/ said:
@The Dark Wizard[/URL] Shots fired. Also interested, though I've never seen the system/got the rules.

Captain Hesperus

Well, all we need now is @Cirno and this is basically the perfect game.

System's interested, Cap - a lot of mechanics that allow you to choose how you are screwed over, or screw over other players. I think it does the things freeform is meant to do, but better, pers'nally.

Teh Frixz] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/threads/monsterhearts-ruse-cruise.141746/ said:
Monsterhearts: Ruse Cruise | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum[/URL]
Thread is up
Were you in the game that Samuraid did a long time?

[QUOTE="Teh Frixz]Yesssssss but he's gonna be cut off from all his money at home

[/QUOTE]
Fuck those money fairies, he understands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back