• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Monster Hunter: A New World (w/ SilverInu)

Rayvin

Weekend Wallflower
“May the Sapphire Star guide your way.”

A young hunter awoke to the sound of that voice in her dreams. It had sounded so real as if she were still there in the gathering hall in the Old World. That had only been a few days ago, a surreal feeling that it had just happened and that it had been forever ago.

She sat up in her hammock to peer outside a circular window as she stretched. A wide, blue ocean stretched out all around as clouds drifted by the ship.

“Mmm..”, there was a long groan before she rubbed her neck and swung her legs over to make head out and make her way toward the deck. Many more like her were already bustling about, attending to ship maintenance, sailing, and even the galley. The latter sounded like the best idea first thing in the morning.

waking up to the sound of others bussling about is not her favorit way to wake up in the morning. being a hunter ment she needed to be up before every one else incase on an attack but being ont he air ship make her air sick. in fact the moment they landed int he new world she was going to kiss the ground. now she did not mind flying to a shot time but for days on end was not what she had in mind but she was here now and there was nothing she sould so about it except suck it up and just put up with for a while longer. getting out of her hammock and making her way to the deck.

Once she was on deck she looked about the area to see people running around to keep the air ship up in the sky before she spotted one of her fellow hunters looking about excitedly.
" morning to you....... you look bright eyes and cheery... whats got you in a good mood.

“Ah, morning.” Her comrade turned and gave an airy smile. “I like being in the air. We’re also one day closer to being in the New World!” There was a glint of determination in her expression.

“I take it you don’t enjoy flying that much?” The brunette asked, noticing she looked uncomfortable.

silver laughed lightly " no not really i like being on the land and near the water because at leat thin i would know if some thing was going to happen but in the air who knows what could go wrong." she said as she looked at the thick clouds around them. " at least there is not a storm to make this air ship go all around that make it worse. but i cant complain to much because it will not be long before we start anew in a new land. i just hope the walking pickel is not here (deviljo)" she stated once more

“I understand that completely. But the breeze feels great, doesn’t it?” She rested her chin in one hand as she leaned on the ship’s railing.

“Deviljho? Yeah and hopefully nothing like him. But... who knows? I hope we see all kinds of new species.”

"yeah is nice to feel a fresh breeze on my face and the smell of the sea beneath us. but that walking pickel was just evil its a walking bottomless put that will eat any thing in its path." she shivvered at that monster . "I would rather face a black Diablos than that thing.. by the way what was your favoit monster to hunt back in the old world?"

“Oooh.” The brunette thought aloud. “Nargacuga has to be up there. That and Najarala. It’s been a while since I last hunted one of those.” The girl admitted.

“What about you? Any particular favorites? Perhaps we’ll find some variants or deviants out here too.”

" one of my favorites to hunt was the tobi-kadachi it was always shocking and to the point. Followed up by the elder dragon xeno'jiiva. To be honest i thoight they were beautiful if they were not trying to kill you. But nergigante was one of my favorites to challenge." She said as she Walked over and looked over the rail to see the massive ship that carried other hunters, weapons and supplies for the new world.

“Oh nice. I can’t say Nergi was my favorite. His spikes got a little out of hand. He does look cool though..”

Down below, barnos swooped below the airship and sailed alongside them. She sighed as she looked back out over the ocean and took a deep breath. She then realized she had been rude. “Ah, I’m sorry. I’m Rayvin.” She held her hand out.

Taking her hand she shook it. "Nice to meet you Rayvin im Silver feel free to call me silv. And the way I hunt nergigante is with dual blades his weakest spot or his inner legs and his belly and being a dual blade user it's easy to get into tight places" she stayed before following her new friends gaze

“Nice to meet you too.” Rayvin had an impressed look on her face as she listened to Silver. “I take it you came here for adventure? A challenge?”

" I couldn't help wanting the adventure and the challenge that came with it when you grow up with one parent being an adventurer and one being a hunter yeah kind of in the following the same path. What about you why'd you come all the way out to the middle of the ocean?"

“I... didn’t have anything holding me back in the Old World. I’ve wanted to travel and see other monsters around the world.” A long exhale followed her answer. “And I was getting a little bored.” She turned Ans have her a half smile.

" to be honest i can not really blame you for wanting something new. having a new start where no one really knkows you is nice you dont have to worry bout much other than food and staying alive" she said before taking in a deep breath.

“Exactly.” She said and yawned. “Hopefully settling down doesn’t take too much time either. Ugh just one more day!” She leaned over the banister now, hanging her arms and head over the edge.

"Technically it's one more day to see if we hit land or we have to turn back for more supplies snowfall this cloud and fog in the area who knows it will hit land" she stated that she walked towards the bow of the ship and looked about the fog

It had come up so quick that the wall of fog caught her off guard. “Whoa..” Rayvin looked forward in awe. The air started to cool off as they passed through the wall of fog and the sun disappeared.

“They’ve got a read on the land though right? We aren’t going to crash land?”

" I'm a Hunter not a wyveria I don't know how to run this ship. No the one on the sing I could probably figure out pretty quick but this thing has too many buttons and switches" she said. As she looked around the dince fog dor any signs of danger

Rayvin started to feel cautious now. She peered out into the fog as it thickened. Was this predicted, she wondered? It grew eerily silent in the fog’s midst.

It seemed this weather had many of the ship’s passengers on edge too as some started to prepare by getting weapons and others helping with the ships rigging. Preparing for what though?

Rayvin felt the hair on the back of her neck stand up. “I... think I’m going to go get my things.” She started to head off.

Silver not her head in agreement as she quickly pulled her dual blades from the sheets on her back and held them at the ready she could feel that the air was different almost humming as if it was a live itself. " you better hurry cuz I think we got some incoming trouble whatever this is that we're sensing it's not friendly. "

Rayvin ran off to get her bow in the hunters’ sleeping quarters. As she descended below deck there was a rush of wind that blind sided the ship. Those on deck were sent sliding across the deck as the ship corrected its course.

Rayvin had to grab onto a railing within the ship to prevent herself from hitting the wall before it all became steady again. “Oooh Geez.”

Everybody on the airship started to double down on keeping the ship on its course.

watching her step silver carefully rebalance herself as the ships swayed from something or or another suddenly passed by and whatever it was was not happy to make a ship go off course even just a little bit how to be strong. " keep your guard up whatever it is it's going to be coming back pretty soon and it could be bringing friends with it "

Within the ship, Rayvin scrambled for her weapon and pouch and started to head back up when she saw a flash of silver from on of the windows on the ship.

It was just weird enough for her to stop and inspect. She slowly approached the window and looked outside of it. It was dead silent. Rayvin could hear her own heartbeat in her ears. In the distance there was another glimmer. Her instincts told her that they had a visitor. That wasn’t something created by fog or bad weather, that flash was from a living thing.

“Silver!” She called out as she reached the top deck. “Keep an eye out! We’ve got company!”

" i figured that much out by the ship is swaying back and forth like on old clock. do you have any clue what it might be, from my point i still have not seen any glimps of the monster yet." she said as she felt the ship jurk again causing her to almost make her lose her footing as i swayed more violently. she moved back from the bow as she started thinking of who it could be praying it was not B52 bomber . that monster had it out for her.

“It’s something silver.” Rayvin informed her. “I caught glimpses of it when I was below. I really hope it’s not THAT monster..”

There really wasn’t any monster she’d prefer to see but if it was the one she was thinking of, they were in for a nasty fight.

It was then that a roar bellowed out from the fog. Which direction it came from was anyone’s guess. Now everyone on board was ready to fight what had come to greet them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back