• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern momentous://roommates

poi

permanent iishanten
Roleplay Type(s)
rules
• this is a casual-detailed rp. minimum post length will vary, but generally, just try and get out a healthy paragraph ~
• all rpn rules apply, but i'm pretty sure everyone knows this already
• cursing, reference to drugs and alcohol, and references to sex are permitted in-character, keeping the site rules in mind.
• don't cause problems with other people OOC.
• expect many different genres to play out in this. i'm not even joking, it starts out as realistic/modern but a lot of fandom concepts are brought in sooner or later and it starts to loose it's slice-of-life vibe and goes into a more thriller/adventure/fantasy vibe
• that being said people will probably die at some point. (i can just taste the angst from this oh god)
• there is no character limit for the overall rp, but expect to be limited in terms of how many you can play per arc
• it's preferred if you're willing to commit for awhile <3

• oh, yeah. in this neighborhood, bios are optional. for the most part. bc bios are fkn painful to write for some (most) of us.

100 years later​
student 01
have you heard about momentous?

student 02
what, you mean the story everyone's talking about? yeah i have, but i never really got into it...

student 01
are you for real? you're talking like it's some book series. here–listen up. i'm gonna tell you all about it, but since it's quite lengthy i'll cut it into different parts... believe it or not, there's a rumor that all of this happened not too long before our parents were born.

student 01
pauses.

student 01
thinking about it, this is a perfect example of the saying 'life can take unexpected turns', huh? the people, whose names are ( * ), were just like us before anything started. they lived life normally... some went to school, others were even celebrities; all of them were normal human beings, from all over the place. even the first part of this story seems pretty normal, but i'm telling it to you for a reason...

this is the part where the celebrities of the group first come together, in a place previously known as seoul, south korea. doesn't seem familiar at all, really... but they had television, and that's what those celebrities from all over were there for...

some people call the show they were filming 'Living Together' or 'Under the Same Roof' but I just go with 'Roommates'. these people were filmed as they all came together and lived in the same house for a few months.

... but, it was more than that. no one realized it until after the show had ended, which is something i'll touch on when i get to part two. i'll warn you in advance–this story has many, many twists and turns. it's why it's so well-known, yet no one knows about it's validity for sure because of how bizarre it became, haha.

student 02
alright, i'm listening. we have awhile until next period starts, so don't leave out any details, okay?

student 01
i'll be sure not to. okay... well, here we go...

Arc I
r o o m m a t e s

Roommates is a South Korean reality TV show. The program features well-known individuals, ranging from actors and idols to models and professional athletes. However, although they may be known to the public, these individuals have never formally interacted with one another before—that is, until they’re all brought together to live in the same house for a given amount of time. The house will have people of all ages ranging from the young number of 18 to the matured number of 35. Will these men and women survive their new roommates?

Whether it was because you’ve lived alone for too long or wanted the opportunity to meet new people, you find yourself staring at the luggage you packed the night prior—or perhaps, you haven't even started to pack yet. Your schedule has been opened up a tiny bit to allow you time to arrive at the place you would be calling home for the next few months. It’s 5 in the morning—meaning your day has just begun.

What are you doing now? Getting ready to film your music video with your group, or maybe going out to work out at the gym? Mostly everyone is busy, meaning they’ll end up at the house at different times. You have no idea who you’ll find yourself sharing a room with, or the house with, for that matter. You're probably nervous. Or excited. Or completely neutral—I wouldn’t know.

This is your home now... And tt’s up to you to live in it.

note: this SHOULD BE mobile friendly to the extent where you can view the code if the phone is tilted horizontally.

this was originally supposed to be a small group rp of people with multiple characters, but eh... i'll put it out here, since it could be fun either way. <3

Characters: momentous://characters

Last edited:
hey this looks super cool and i'd be stoked to join
I'm glad you've taken interest in it! The character thread is linked at the bottom of the first post, and if you'd like, I can link you the discord server for this rp?

I'm glad you've taken interest in it! The character thread is linked at the bottom of the first post, and if you'd like, I can link you the discord server for this rp?

oh okay, also yeah if you gave me the link thay’d be nice. thanks

oh okay, also yeah if you gave me the link thay’d be nice. thanks
no problem. feel free to post your character in the character thread whenever, i’m looking forward to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back