• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Modern Day Wolfstar (closed to DarthMillicent)

VivianThomas

❤️ Run away with me, the world can wait ❤️
Remus strolled down the hallway towards the library slowly as the last bell of the day rung. A gentle sigh escaped his lips as he thought about the task at hand. Why must I tutor Sirius Black of all people?! It wasn't that Sirius had been rude to him in the past... it was the exact opposite! Remus had never spoke to the black haired boy in his life and Sirius' reputation definitely preceded him. Remus shook his head however and stopped at the library doors. Just because Sirius was known as a 'bad boy' it didn't mean that this tutoring session would be horrible per se. Remus had to go into this session without judgement since it wasn't his choice at the end of the day anyway.

The light brown haired boy pushed the doors open to the library and relaxed as the smell of the books wafted to his nose. The library always soothed his mind and it wouldn't be long before he was headed home to his bed so he could just rest. Remus smiled as he passed the librarian sitting at her desk and waved, "Good afternoon Ms. Pince" He said in a soft tone and the woman smiled back at him. Remus found himself a seat at an empty table and pulled out his history book, his brown eyes reading over the words as he waited for Sirius.

Sirius seriously considered skipping his tutoring session. The only thing that was forcing him was the fact that if he failed this class, he wouldn’t be able to go on the big school trip. There were other consequences of course, but he didn’t care about them. He didn’t ply sports and he didn’t go to school dances, so loosing those things meant little. The trip was important though.. a full day at the popular amusement park that was a few towns over.

He sighed as he stared at himself in the mirror hanging on his locker door. He ruffled his dark hair before grabbing his notebook and shoving the door closed. He was dressed all in black, a crewneck sweatshirt tucked into black dress pants that were rolled at the ankle to show off his new black sneakers. A simple chain hung from his waist.

Sirius made his way to the library, fiddling with his notebook as he did so. He got to the library entrance and made his way in, looking around for the guy who was supposed to be helping him.

“Uh.. Remus? Remus Lupin?” He asked the tall boy sitting with his text book.

Remus was fully immersed into the chapter on ancient roman history when he felt a presence standing next to the table. He slowly lifted his head up to look at the dark haired boy and took a minute to take Sirius in. It was very odd being in the same room as Sirius let alone the same space. Remus and Sirius would have never been seen in the same crowd and definitely not hanging out together. But here they were. Remus shook his head and smiled gesturing to the seat in front of him.

"Yes that's me. You must be Sirius." He said in a soft tone and waited for Sirius to sit down before he began to dig out his math book.

"So how has your day been?" Remus wanted to smack his forehead. Why did I say that?! And why was he all of a sudden nervous? He really wanted to slip down into his chair and forget that the dark haired boy was even there but that would be even more embarrassing. Instead he cleared his throat and opened his math book to the chapter they were on in class.

“Ah yeah...” Sirius nodded as he pulled out the chair across from Remus and sat down. He plopped his notebook down and opened up to a new page.

“Hm..?” He looked back up as the other asked about his day. “Oh. Pretty alright, just normal. Taco day for lunch, so not horrible.” Sirius nodded to himself. He took in the other males features, wondering how he got roped into this all. He seemed so normal. He hadn’t ever talked to the guy before and now they were supposed to see one another twice a week.

Remus was surprised at how calm Sirius seemed to be at the moment. From what he had heard around school and from in their shared classes was that Sirius was wild and rambunctious. But if Sirius continued this calm behavior they could probably get through their tutoring session quicker than Remus expected. Remus smirked at the taco Tuesday and couldn't help but chuckle.

"Good ole' taco Tuesday. The only lunch day the school can't get wrong." He said before he focused back on the math book and ran a hand through his hair. "I guess we should get started then. What do you find to be the hardest thing about math? Any problems in particular or all of it?" He asked bringing his brown eyes up to look at the dark haired boy and raised an eyebrow of curiosity. For some reason he couldn't get the fluttering feeling out of his stomach and it was confusing to him since it had never been there before.

Sirius leaned back in his chair, legs spread apart as he groaned. “I’m just Shit with numbers. The second they go in my head, they just fall out...” he played with his hair as his body oresssd the chair back to balance on its back legs.

“I’ve never been good at it but I’ve always been able to skate by.” He shrugged, looking over to Remus. “Apparently, you’re my last chance of not flunking. I’d rather not have to repeat the class, especially since I wouldn’t pass it that turn anyway.”

Remus watched as Sirius leaned back in his chair and he had to look away for a moment as he saw every part of Sirius' body. He took a moment to breathe as he realized that Sirius was telling him his issue with math and he nodded his head.

"That's fair. Some people have a better knack for numbers and others it's words or another talent. No shame in that." Remus stated and he couldn't help but laugh lightly once more.

"Whatever. You don't want to miss the big trip in a couple weeks. Failing would suck but I'm sure that trip means a lot more to you." He said with a smirk since he was looking to the trip himself. Remus wouldn't be able to ride the majority of the rollercoasters but at least he could enjoy a day away from school. Remus focused back on his math book and nodded.

"We'll have to come up with a system to help you solve the problems easier. It won't be too hard. It will be all memorization, does that sound okay to you?" Remus did wonder how much effort Sirius was willing to put into his work.

Sirius leaned forwards as he listened to Remus. He crossed his arms on the table and lied his head on them with a groan. Remus had him all figured out. The trip was important, but not just because it was fun. He had always wanted to go but his parents didn’t do that sort of thing. He was surprised they even signed the form for him to go. They probably just wanted to get rid of him.

“My memorization isn’t the best but... it’s better. I’m willing to try whatever. It’s not like I’m trying to fail or anything... I don’t want to be dumb.” He sighed. “You think I’ll be able to get it? Have you ever tutored before?”

Remus laughed when he saw Sirius placing his head on the table. Sirius was pretty easy to figure out and Remus was happy for that. He was glad that the boy seemed excited for the trip.

"My family likes to go to the amusement parks every summer to make memories" He said with a slight hint of annoyance. "I can't go on most of the rides but it's nice to hang out with them I guess." He said with a shrug and his eyes furrowed when Sirius expressed concerns about being dumb.

"You're not dumb, you can definitely get it. It just takes a little bit of practice." He said with a confidant smile and he pulled out a piece of paper and pencil. "Oh yeah, I've tutored in every subject before. Math is my favorite though."

"Here let's start with this one." Remus began to scribble on the piece of paper an easier way to figure out one of the math problems that was assigned for homework. "Now you try it." He slid the piece of paper and pencil over to Sirius.

“Math is your favorite...?” Sirius asked, rolling his eyes as he sat up. “I can’t believe that came out of your mouth.” He laughed a bit, pulling a pencil from the pocket of his pants. He took the paper and placed it before him.

He stared down at the paper, scratching his head as he tried to go over the problem in his mind. He couldn’t understand how math could be interesting to anyone or any bit enjoyable. He grumbled as he stared at it longer, the numbers just looking like nonsense.

“I just.... I don’t even know where to start.”

Remus felt the heat coming to his cheeks as Sirius laughed at him for liking math and he grinned sheepishly. "Everyone has their own knacks I guess." He watched as Sirius' mind turned to try to figure out the numbers and he tapped the pencil against his lip as he thought about the best way to help Sirius.

"Don't worry, we'll get there." He said with a soft smile wanting to reassure Sirius. Remus turned the paper back towards himself and wrote down a step by step guide to solve the problem. "So every problem is solved the same right? It's just the numbers are different. So let's look at this problem again." He said as he explained the problem step by step to Sirius like he had written it out.

“Yeah... you’ll probably make good money too... you know, doing math.” Sirius nodded as he watched Remus take the paper from him. When he received it back, he looked over the steps carefully. He tried to understand them each and why they were what they were.

It seemed like forever when his phone timer went off, but it had really only been an hour. He groaned, feeling like he hadn’t made any process at all. “We got through five problems...” He whined, grabbing a hair tie off his wrist and pulling the front of his hair up.

Remus was startled when he heard the timer on the phone go off since he had been so immersed in the math problems. His brown eyes watched as Sirius pulled back his hair and he turned his face to quickly hide the blush. "Five problems is progress. It's more than you could do before today right?" He said with a chuckle and shrugged his shoulders.

"Don't be so hard of yourself. You're getting it." He said as he began to pack up his books in his bookbag. Remus ran a hand through his light brown hair and closed his eyes for a moment as he felt himself become dizzy. It was definitely time to rest. He opened one eye looking back at Sirius not wanting the black-haired boy to worry about him.

"How do you feel like today went?" He wondered, finally feeling himself become stable again.

“I mean I guess I feel okay..? I mean I get how to do this kind now so that’s a start.” Sirius stretched his arms out, his sweatshirt lifting to reveal his stomach. “It’s going to take forever though... and I have a test next week.” He relaxed, looking back at Remus.

“Do you do a lot over the weekend..? I mean we could always do this longer then, because of the test? I’ll feed you?” He asked, closing up his notebook. “My parents are never home on the weekends so we could use the pool too?”

With his one eye opened, Remus definitely noticed Sirius' sweatshirt shifting to show his stomach and once again the blush was there. And the blush became hotter as he thought about Sirius in a swim suit. Remus took a moment to think about what he was just asked before stammering out "Uh... yeah I can do something this weekend. I don't do much" He said with an honest laugh. If he wasn't resting, he was studying and vice versa. Remus didn't have a lot of friends he saw outside of school anyway.

"Food and swimming sounds good. I'll make sure to bring my math book and notes." He said with a smile. He was surprised at the invitation but he had to remind himself that Sirius needed all the help he could get in math.

"I'll give you my number. Just send me the details and I'll be there."

Sirius nodded with a soft smile. “Perfect. Any allergies or anything? Food you don’t like?” He asked, taking his phone out of his pants pocket. He opened it up for Remus to put his contact info in.

“Saturday at like... one? I usually sleep in pretty late on the weekends.” He asked, just trying to put everything together. That would give him plenty of time to have a chill day before he went out as he did most weekends.

Remus shook his head. "No allergies and I like pretty much everything." He said simply and he stood up from his chair and slid his book bag over his shoulders.

"One is fine. It will give me time to go over the notes. See you then" He smiled and nodded at Sirius before heading out of the library.

*~*
Remus was up bright and early Saturday reviewing his notes as well as getting ready. It wasn't like he had to look good for Sirius but... for some reason he wanted too. Remus tried to tame his light brown cow lick as well as put on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt which somewhat flattered him. Ugh! What was he kidding! He didn't have anything that made him look half way decent. He had never been interested in anyone before and even then he highly doubted Sirius would ever return the little tiny crush Remus seemed to have.

Remus settled on the t-shirt and jeans and grabbed his book bag with his math notes before heading on the door. Remus got into his car and drove to the address which Sirius had given him. Once at the door, he patted his hair again and rang the door bell. Here we go... He thought.

Sirius has a habit of getting way too much food for everything. Mostly, it was because he just liked to eat and figured everyone else did too. He had gotten dressed in a pair of tight black jeans with a black tee tucked in. The tee was long sleeve with some random Kanji down the sides. He just had on socks since he was in the house, a black pair with little white dogs on them.

He had a spread out in the basement. Pizza, chips, tacos, and cookies, all lied out for them to pick on while they studied. His notebook was lying on the plush couch with a pencil and calculator.

He heard the bell and ran up the stairs. Thankfully he got there before his brother, hoping he was busy or left. He opened up the door and smiled. “Hey.”

Remus had to hold his breath when Sirius opened the door as he saw the other boy dressed in all black. Black was amazing on the dark haired teenager. Remus smiled and nodded his head towards Sirius.

"Hey, cool shirt. "He said but then smacked himself mentally. Why did he always have to say dumb shit? Remus walked into the house when Sirius moved out the door way and took off his shoes. "Your house is pretty nice..." He said, his sentence fading as he thought about his own tiny home.

"Are you ready for some Math?" He asked, almost too happily and smiled sheepishly.

The home was rather huge. The front entrance opened up to a large staircase which led up to the four upstairs bedrooms. “Thanks. To both of those things, even though the house isn’t mine.” He laughed softly as he ushered the other boy inside.

“I got us some snacks and stuff set up, figured we could eat while we study and then maybe have a swim while we break?” Sirius began, closing the door and starting further into the home.

“There’s also a party tonight if you wanted to come with?”

"Sounds good." Remus said in regards to the food and the swimming break. He had a feeling that Sirius wouldn't be able to go too long without a break but Remus was fine with that. Remus was surprised however, when Sirius invited him to the party and he stopped in his tracks.

"A-A party? Do you normally go to a lot of parties?" Well that probably made it obvious that Remus had never been to a party in his whole high school career.

“Yeah, pretty much every weekend.” He shrugged like it was no big deal. “It’s nothing crazy, just good to blow off steam you know?” He asked, peeking over his shoulder at Remus. “You don’t have to come but you’re invited. It’ll be fun, a good way to get to know one another better.”

He lead Remus down the stairs into the basement. There was a large TV in front of the couch and an office in the corner. “Welcome to my basement.” He laughed. “Hope you brought your appetite.”

Of course Remus was curious about attending the party. Would he and Sirius get to know each other better if he went? Remus didn't hesitant too long before saying, "Yeah, sure, I'll go. I've never been to a party before." He was waiting for Sirius to laugh at him for that comment.

Once they were down in the basement, Remus' eyes widened and he grinned. "This is awesome! That's a ton of food by the way. Can we eat now?" Remus was always hungry.

“Good.. and I figured, or I probably would have seen you.” Sirius smiled softly as he made his way over to the couch. “You can eat whatever you’d like. I tend to eat like.. way too much all the time, so I’m glad that it excited you too.”

Sirius laughed softly, shaking his head. Making friends had always been easy for him, but he was still always nervous he wouldn’t be liked. Probably due to the fact that his own family didn’t like him.

Remus nodded his head. "And that is true." He said with a chuckle before he placed a piece of pizza on a plate and sat down on the other end of the couch opposite of Sirius. Remus turned towards the boy, crossing his legs while he ate his pizza.

"What is there to do at party's anyway? Do you drink?" The questions poured out of his mouth before he could stop them. He felt a little embarrassed asking but he figured if anyone could answer them, it was Sirius. His brown eyes scanned over Sirius' shirt again trying not to make it obvious that he was looking at the dark haired boys form while eating his pizza.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back