• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom MLP: Age of Exploration - The Grand Galloping Gala

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Devotion
"... Why would you not adventure without me?" Devotion looked rather baffled at that. "I am merely an angel trapped in a sword. Of course, it is a rather potent blade, so I can understand you not wanting to adventure without such a powerful weapon." At no point did Devotion consider the possibility that Mud actually just liked spending time with her.

"I would definitely urge you against quitting adventuring. I won't be here forever, but ponies could use your help. You're strong and have one of the kindest hearts of any mortal I've met! Keep at it, even if I'm not here."

Trixie
"... A song about how stupid it is to break into song at the Gala..." Trixie's eyes went wide and she hastily scribbled that down in a book that she just pulled from nowhere. "That is brilliant. It definitely needs to become a thing. I have no idea what genre that would be, though. Is duet a genre...?" Trixie had no idea. Music wasn't exactly her forte, unless it was fanfare. Then it was her forte.

GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus
"It's not... bad, I guess." Fleur looked over at the band playing, who were actually quite good. They weren't as good individually as Octavia but they were more than good enough for the Gala. "They could be worse. Although right now I am missing the soothing sounds you make from your..." wait, she was just told this one. She scratched her head as she tried to remember that damn instrument. A moment later she snapped her hoof and exclaimed, "Cello!"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Mud

"It's not about the weapon, Devotion. It's you. You're my friend. It would be a lot less fun doing all that walking if you weren't there to talk to. I'd miss it. But if you don't want me to quit, I won't. I mean I'm sure what else I'd do. There aren't a lot of jobs that revolve around soil. Not unless I got into gardening but flowers don't interest me. They're more my brother's thing." Mud went back to her drink, paused for a few seconds, then turned back to Devotion. "What did you mean by that? You won't be here forever? Are you going somewhere?"

Starlight
"Well," Starlight started, tapping her chin. "We're showponies, and it would need to be fun and sassy, so what about some kind of bombastic showtune? Get a brass section, maybe even a dance routine...To be honest, I know I can sing but I'm not the best dancer in the world. I know you are, though. I've seen you. When you think nopony's watching." She gave Trixie a teasing nudge to the side.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Octavia would grin, nodding her head quickly, "Yes, a Cello is what I play. I've maintained mine for about 22 years now." She'd say, smiling as she thought of the thing. Many strings had been replaces, along with the shaft a few times. She'd sigh, looking at Fleur as she took a sip of her drink. She'd swallow and shudder, "You know, I'm happy you're here... It's always nice to see a familiar face." She'd say softly, looking at her plate with a smile. There was nothing on it.

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Devotion
Wow, Mud was going to make Devotion cry if all this sweetness kept up. The angel looked over at Mud with a small smile on her face and shook her head lightly, her golden mane bobbing around as she did so. "Oh come on, Mud. You're smarter than that. We are working with a devil to stop an ancient evil from rising up. Don't you think, eventually, the devils will get a hold of me? Or perhaps a dragon will add me to its collection? You're strong, but you can't hold onto me forever. Nopony ever has..."

Trixie
"Y-You... you've been watching me dance in the shower?!" Trixie let out a fake gasp and reached out to shove Starlight gently. "How dare you. Shower time is private time! Trixie will not forgive this..." She mumbled out as they walked, before chuckling gently to herself. "Have I ever told you that I love you? Well, I do. Don't make a big deal out of it, though."

"Twenty-two years?!" Fleur said with an audible gasp! That was a staggeringly long time to maintain an instrument; at least in her mind it was. It wasn't really as hard as she thought, but she didn't know any better. It sounded very impressive to her! After gasping she shipped at her drink, and smiled at Octavia's words. "Familiar faces seem to be a rarity nowadays. I am glad to see you as well."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow rubbed the back of her neck. Spitfire did kind of give the okay that it wouldn't matter much. "Yeah, um, I'm not really sure. He didn't seem all that interested in the Gala for the first year anyway. The second year was when he actually seemed to want to go. Guess it got pretty lonely in that library when he was all by himself. Gorging yourself on ice cream until you have a belly ache can't fix missing your friends and family."

She wasn't nearly as reserved about insulting Celestia or Luna as Spitfire was. More just that she didn't really want to be hit by lightning again because Luna is an asshole. Can't even take a joke. She did have to pretty much agree with Spitfire; it was a little rude that Spike was not given a ticket at first. He's been coming to these Galas ever since then pretty much.

Rainbow actually gawked a little bit at Spitfire. "Since you were fifteen? Dude, when I was fifteen, I was still living with my parents and moving through high school..." Wow. She hadn't really been noticed enough to get a ticket to the Gala until after she had saved Equestria once from Nightmare Moon. "I definitely wasn't playing shy. That first Gala, I was doing everything I could to get you to notice I was even there. Which... you did. Not sure why you never hit on me or anything, was just some off-hoof comment on that I was good."

Twilight Sparkle
Twilight glanced upwards, as if she would somehow be able to see through solid matter and spot Rainbow Dash. "Nooot really surprising, if I'm gonna be honest. She's been spending most of her time with Spitfire these days. It's great to see them back together, the two of them probably just wanted a little bit of alone time before heading in. Like us!"

The guard suddenly appearing out of nowhere made the lavender alicorn take a step backwards in surprise, eyeing them somewhat warily. That was a little unexpected. Her confusion only really grew when the guard seem to get annoyed with them, and then... teleport away with Aurora waving them off. Wonder what that was all about. Seemed like something important for the unicorn to interrupt them at the Gala...

She nodded slowly. "Yeah... Yeah, I'll go do that. Anything you want in specific, or just... surprise you?" Twilight started backing away slowly, ready to turn and head for the drinks once she actually received a response.

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Selena looked down at herself. "I can feel cold but it does not bother me. I am used to a far worse cold up in the sky rather than drifting through the shadows temporarily." She answered plainly. Walking to the doorway, she actually stepped forward and... opened it, holding the door for Cozy Glow! "I am a constellation, such as the Ursa Major and the Ursa Minor. Surely you have heard of them before? They were a popular subject some years back when the Ursa Minor made an appearance in Ponyville. They're my siblings."

Misnaming her species didn't matter all that much. While here, in mortal form, she is technically a moonsaber. They don't actually exist, but that's what she is. The closest others get is panther. "Ursa Major, Ursa Minor, Solustris, Draco... my brothers and sisters are all scattered about the world. We don't really talk much."

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Spitfire
"... Please don't call me 'dude'." Spitfire replied sharply with a slight frown. She was okay with most names, but she didn't like being called 'dude' by her marefriend. There was something just a little weird about that one. Regardless it's not like it actually bothered Spitfire that much, she kind of just skipped over the subject and then moved on!

"Yes, I've been coming here since I was fifteen. I couldn't even drink. Well, not legally I mean. It didn't stop me, of course." She did not say that proudly, or to sound cool. She knew that she had a drinking problem, and had since she was young. At least she could admit it now, and it made her feel weak instead of cool. She was definitely recovering nicely, with Rainbow's help.

... She still couldn't believe she hadn't flirted with Rainbow at all, though. "Are you... Are you sure I didn't flirt with you? That doesn't sound like me at all. Was I that high?" She tapped her hoof as if trying to remember, but of course couldn't. That was like 20 years ago by this point. "So let me get this straight. My future marefriend and best friend was trying to get my attention at that Gala, was dressed in a beautiful outfit, and I never flirted with you?"

... Spitfire just slowly clopped her hooves together. "Good job, Spits. Good job."

Aurora
"You can just surprise me dear. Bring me back something with a little kick, though." She said while leaning in to plant a brief kiss on Twilight's cheek. Aurora was usually pretty big on public affection, but apparently today she was not. While Twilight went to get them drinks, Aurora disappeared into the crowd to mingle with the assembled nobles.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Shadeofshade Shadeofshade

Mud
"Well, I can hold onto you until I die, and I will try my hardest to make sure the cause is old age. How does that sound?" Mud asked, cocking her head. She gave Devotion time to reply or think about it while she downed the rest of her cocktail and silently asked for another by catching the bartender's eye and flicking her eyes down at her glass.

Mint
By this time, Mint and Midnight arrived at the bar, and sat besides Mud and Devotion. Mint wondered if the gentlemen offered the lady a drink where Midnight was from. If not, he'd hopefully take the hint of Mint not ordering a drink. Instead she turned to Devotion, who she was next to.

"I really like your dress!" she spoke in her sickly, aristocratic accent.

Starlight
"You've told me. You could always tell me more, though~" cooed Starlight, nuzzling noses in public as they walked. "If you don't want me watching you in the shower I'll stop. I won't just watch next time~ Hey! I've got a great idea! We should dance now! Like, that's what you do at the Gala, right?" Starlight, already tipsy, was beaming like a giddy child and pointing at he ballroom floor.

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof

Cozy Glow stepped through the door, choosing not to make a fuss out of having it opened for her. "I suppose you're used to it. Ever since the day I was defeated, I've hated the cold. That was a very cold day, what with the Windigoes and all. And yes, I've heard of Ursa Majors by reputation. Never seen one. You're the second constellation I've seen in the flesh. The other one was a rabbit."

Once they got in, they were greeted by the manager. Cozy got him talking briefly, where he revealed that his cutie mark was indeed cooking related and opening this restaurant had been his dream. Once they were seated and given menus, Cozy looked punchably smug at having guessed so much about the owner just from the restaurant's name.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

As Midnight and Mint got to the bar he wondered what she would want to drink. “Well, now that we are here, what would you like...to...drink…” Midnight trailed off as Mint spoke to a tall Pegasus Pony. He didn’t trailed off because of that pony though, no he trailed off because of the Earth Pony next to them. “...Miss Mud? Miss Mud is that you?” Midnight looked at the Earth Pony and shortly realised that it was her. “It is you!”

Midnight was glad that he was able to see a Pony that he recognised. He then got an idea, Mint wanted to meet with the other ponies that he had journeyed with and this was a prime opportunity to meet at least one. “Dear Miss Mint. May I introduce one of the ponies that I travelled with, Miss Mud.” Midnight indicated to Mud as he made the introduction. “Miss Mud, this is a Lady that I have met today at the Gala. This is Miss Imperial Mint.”

“I would love to talk some more but please allow me and Mint to get a drink first please?” Midnight ask. With that he turned back to Mint. “Now, I do believe I was asking what you would like to drink?” He then got an idea, he turned back to Mud and the tall Pegasus pony and added, “You know what, what would you and your friend like to drink as well Miss Mud?”

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide Shadeofshade Shadeofshade
The angel wasn't really expecting anypony else to sit beside them, despite the crowd of ponies all around them. She just didn't think it would happen. Needless to say she was surprised when Midnight and Mint sat down, although she still heard Mud's words. Mud got a gentle smile and a pat on the thigh in response, but that's all because Devotion was now being talked to by two other ponies!

This is the biggest conversation she's held in literally thousands of years! Big deal!

Mint was the first one to speak, so she got the first reply. "Oh, thanks! I made it myself a few minutes ago!" Devotion said, completely not even thinking anything of that little fact. "I really like your accent! It sounds like you have lots of money! This is Mud, she's my best friend!" Devotion leaned away to point at Mud beside her, totally missing the fact that Midnight had already introduced them.

When Midnight asked them what they wanted to drink, Devotion's eyes went wide again. "Oooh! Oh! I want, uh..." She tapped her hoof on the counter for a few moments and then shrugged. "... I've never drank before today, so surprise me!"

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Trixie knew that her wife was already getting tipsy and face-hooved a little. Oh by the light, it was really easy wasn't it? Trixie let out a gentle sigh at the mention of dancing and then shook her head. "It's a little early for that dear. Why don't we go... sit down somewhere, and make sure you don't pass out..." Trixie would have to make sure Starlight didn't get her hooves on any more drinks today!

Mint followed Midnight's eyes to the couple who were sitting besides them, and sized them up. She didn't need to be told they were adventurers. Though they both looked very beautiful and glamorous, no Lady could stand to wear a dress like another, let alone seemingly deliberately get matching dresses. It was cute, honestly. Midnight then introduced the two to each other.

Mud Pie looked up when she heard her name being called and saw Midnight. As per usual, she made no physical or emotional reaction other than turning to look at him.As they were being introduced, Mud offered her hoof. There was an awkward second of hesitation on Mint's part to touch the hoof of a pony called 'Mud' but Mud didn't seem to be offended by it if she even noticed. It was very hard to tell with her. At least the hoofshake was civil enough.

Mint smiled as Mud shook her hoof. She was trying very hard to read Mud but the earth pony was giving no cues. She had the best poker face Mint had ever seen. She was thankful when Midnight broke up the moment but mentioning he was getting Mint a drink. "I shall have a mojito, thank you, Midnight," Mint replied in answer to the question Midnight had asked moments ago.

"I'm okay, Midnight. I already asked for another Mudslide." answered Mud.

"Oh, Mudslide, like Mud. I get it," laughed Mint, still trying to test the waters.

"I noticed you did the same thing, ordering a mojito. That's a minty drink."

Mint started to relax, and smiled sincerely. "You know your cocktails, miss Mud."

"My aunt throws a lot of parties, so you eventually pick up a lot of the drink names."

Mint started to piece it together. Her name was Mud. Her cutiemark was a pie. Her aunt was a party pony. Mud pies were...a thing, weren't they? Mint was sure she'd heard the name somewhere once. This adventurer was Mud Pie, niece of Pinkie Pie, one of the Elements of Harmony!

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Starlight looked affronted. "Excuse me, I am not drunk! I'm perfectly shober!.....sober!....sober. sober. ssssssscrew it! Let's go sit down somewhere. I might need a water and maybe something from the buffet. Jeez, I am not used to drinking this much anymore!"

She'd barely drank anything. As usual, Starlight was a firm denier that she was a mega lightweight.

So Mud didn’t want anything, Mint wanted a Mojito (whatever that is) and Mud’s friend did not mind what she had. “Very well, please give me a moment.” Said Midnight. With the orders in he called the bartender over to make an order. “Good evening. May I order two glasses of Drunken Monk and a glass of Mojito.” With that done he tipped the Bartender as thanks.

With the order done Midnight listened to the banter between Mint and Mud. He was glad that it seemed that Mint and Mud were getting along. As they bantered Midnight thought it would be a good idea to talk to Mud’s friend. Midnight turned to Mud’s friend and said, “I do believe that we haven’t met before.” He bowed to her and then introduced himself, “My name is Midnight Sonata. By trade I’m a Treasure Hunter. I send most of the treasure I get back to my family.”

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Octavia would laugh softly, nodding her head, "Yes, it has been a very long time, but I care dearly for it." She'd say, looking down at her glass. She'd lift it, and take a sip, sighing a bit at the taste of sour apples, before setting her glass back down carefully. She'd look across the table at Fleur, smiling at her, before looking towards the main hall again, "You know... Sometimes my grandfather would dance with me out there after the gala had ended. Empress Celestia was kind enough to let us, and our band would play for it." She'd say, smiling warmly as she spoke. It was a pleasant memory for her, and she was happy to have it!

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
"A rabbit? You speak of Solustris. She was one of the last constellations that Luna had created, and... that came with a cost, it seems. She is blind." Selena frowned deeply, whiskers twitching. Her constellation form melted away as they entered the establishment, becoming that of a normal looking panther. It freaks ponies out sometimes when they see a star creature walking in. "Poor girl. Luna was tired, but wanted one more constellation and forgot to give them eyes as a result of her exhaustion."

Really is a sad thing to think about, creating something only to forget a vital part of their body. Solustris's eyes are most certainly there, but they do not function at all. Selena maintained a neutral expression through the exchange between Cozy Glow and the owner, which seemed to be more or less the face that she rests at most of the time. Her expressions were very subtle, and even then, it was easy to miss them. A very outwardly inexpressive girl.

They also seemed to produce a bag of bits out of nowhere, sifting through it briefly. "Order whatever you wish—I will pay for it." Selena offered, looking up at them, the barest amount of a smile on her face. "Don't be afraid either. I have plenty of bits to spare."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow made a slight face at being reprimanded for 'dude'. Pretty innocuous word to get a little huffy over, but she'll roll with it. Spitfire does not like being called dude... may just be a pet peeve. Not like she could really recall whether or not she had called them that before.

"I don't really remember all too well if you did or not. I... don't think you did, but that was a time period where we weren't very well known yet. Nobody actually knew how Nightmare Moon really went down. I'm not sure if they actually do even still." She shrugged her shoulders. "Not super surprised that you didn't pay me all that much attention to me. For all you knew, I was just some random pony trying to suck up to you for cool points or because I wanted something..."

Not exactly wrong. She did totally want something—the Wonderbolts. She wanted to join the Wonderbolts at the time, what better way than becoming buddies with the captain? A dream she doesn't have anymore.

Dash bumped her elbow against them gently. "Things all worked out anyway. Maybe that was just how it was always meant to go down? I think its better when you met me more as an equal rather than as a fangirl."

Twilight Sparkle
Twilight was a little disappointed by only receiving a kiss on the cheek. Usually their more chaste or quick ones were still full lips. They may be in a bit of a hurry, though, so she didn't think of it too much. That guardspony who randomly came along seemed like they were talking about something important. Whether Aurora was heading off momentarily to deal with that... who knows.

Regardless, she did go and grab the both of them some beverages. As Aurora asked, she got whatever happened to have the most kick to it, which seemed to be some high-class wine sitting there. Pouring a glass for herself and for Aurora, she swept them up in her magic and carried them off. It took her only a moment to find Aurora again.

"... Hello, everypony. Hope you're enjoying the Gala so far." Twilight levitated one of the glasses over to Aurora, smiling pleasantly.

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide Shadeofshade Shadeofshade
Seeing as how Mud and Mint were having a conversation of their own, Devotion focused on Midnight for now. "My name is Devotion! I'm a... physician." That's about the best lie she could come up with on the spot. Then again, it wasn't totally a lie. She was sort of a physician, in the sense that she was an angel who healed others.

"So you're a treasure hunter? That's just a more elegant way of saying you're a grave robber, yes? Or perhaps a thief?" Devotion asked with an unblinking stare. She wasn't trying to be rude at all; she was just calling it as she saw it. Grave robbing and treasure hunting are basically the same thing as far as she's concerned.

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
"Oh of course, dear. You really drank a lot. To much, to fast." Trixie said with a slight nod of her head and a smile. She didn't want to call Starlight out on her nonexistent alcohol tolerance, so... for now, she was going to just let it slip by. "I think you almost had a whole glass of that other stuff, so you're probably feeling pretty drunk. It'd be best to sit down a while. I know a spell to fix that up, if you'd like?"

Fleur nodded along a bit and smiled at Octavia warmly. It was obvious that Octavia was going through some stuff and just wanted to alleviate some of her stress by talking about it; so Fleur was happy to listen. "It's nice of Celestia to let you do that." She said, forgoing the Empresses title because... what's she gonna do, smite her or something?

They needed to get off this topic of conversation though. Octavia talking about her dead grandfather probably wasn't going to help her mood. "Well I can't say that dancing is a good idea yet, but I'd be up for dancing later if you want. For now, why don't we take a walk outside? I think the gardens are open now."

The tall Pegasus pony was called Devotion and had already said something that, even though he understood why she said that, he didn’t like. Well to be more accurate he hated being called a Thief. He had to bite his tongue as so he could be civil. When he rose his head he took a deep breath, smiled and said in a calm tone of voice, “While I understand why you would say that, I would prefer it if you didn’t call me a Grave Robber or Thief please. Those titles make it sound like I have no standards and Treasure Hunters, at least in my opinion, should always have standards.”

Midnight wondered something at that moment, if he could at least explain what he believed a Treasure Hunter should be then he might be able to at least get rid of some of the stigma that some Treasure Hunters faced. “Miss Devotion, I can explain what I believe the difference is between a Thief, a Grave Robber and a Treasure Hunter if you would like?”

Mint and Mud both stopped talking to each other at the same time when they began to notice tension between Devotion and Midnight. Mud knew both of them better than Mint did, but was only slightly more tactful than Devotion, and she knew this. She silently turned to Mint and gestured to the pair with her hoof. Mint caught the cue, and stepped closer.

"Yes, that sounds good, lets hear that. Thank you, Midnight."

Mud turned back to her drink. Crisis...averted?

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

"A spell?" Starlight was trying to figure out which one, but wasn't having much luck. The effort was visible on her face. Such a smart pony. One of the most powerful and learned Wizards in the world. Rival to Star Swirl himself. Former headmare of a school.

And here she was doing that thing where she stuck her tongue out the side of her mouth when she thought too hard.

"Nevermind. Just tell me. What did you have in mind?"

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof

Cozy, knowing that ordering expensive will be seen as dickish, ordering cheap seen as pandering, and ordering middle-of-the-road seen as defensive, had an idea. When the waiter came over to take their orders, she asked him what he recommended, ordered that, a side of hay fries and a black coffee. Sometimes the best option is the fourth one. Plus, made her seem friendlier to the staff, and maybe to Selena too. No. Stop it. Enjoy yourself. Relax. It's not often you get taken to a meal. But she couldn't help it. Listing all the advantages of every single one of her actions after making them, or thinking up possible drawbacks of a move before making it, were force of habit. For Celestia's sake, they weren't even "moves"! She just ordered food at a restaurant. This wasn't a chess game. Anyway, she should make conversation now.

"Not being able to see would be awful, but if you were born that way, would you know what you were missing? Would you think of yourself as disabled? Would receiving pity for being blind feel like an Earth Pony receiving pity for not being able to fly or do magic?"

With Mint’s comment, Midnight’s face softened. He liked Mint. He closed his eyes and smiled. He started to relax, opened his eyes, looked at mint and said, “Very well.” with that he turns to the three ponies he was with and says, a lot more relaxed, “I’ll give the short version of the explanation. First, Thieves, they just take what they want without any regard from who they take it from, though they do prefer taking from the living as the living can earn more than the dead. Second, Grave Robbers, they just take from the dead and don’t care for the place they take from. Finally, Treasure Hunters, they do go into graves and tombs to get treasure but they have standards in that they respect the place that they take from and, sometimes, they don’t always take the treasure.”

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Spitfire
Spitfire visibly shuddered at that thought. Meeting Dash as a fangirl... ugh, that would not have gone very well. "Yeeeaaaaahhhhh... I don't really like clingy fans. I probably would have just ignored you." Spitfire shrugged her shoulders a bit and smiled, her legs dangling over the side of the roof as she did so.

The air was rather cool, with winter just around the corner. Luckily they were both quite warm, because pegasi have such thick coats. Spitfire looked over at Rainbow and then reached out to grab her hoof gently. "So... any plans for today?" Spitfire asked with a little smile on her face.

She still seemed to have no idea about the rings. Rainbow had kept them hidden pretty well!

Aurora
Aurora looked over as Twilight came back. She looked a little surprised when she approached, having expecting Twilight to just hang out in the background somewhere. She didn't figure that Twilight would actually come up and be social with a bunch of nobles. Aurora was pleasantly surprised and took the glass of wine with a slight nod of her head. "Thank you." She said before turning back to her guest.

"Oooh the Gala is just spectacular my dear." said the noble, in a horribly posh and nasally voice. Aurora have to chug a bit of wine to hide her wince. That kind of voice physically hurt her. Aurora was fancy, but she wasn't.... that fancy. Like, annoyingly fancy. "Twilight, this is..." Aurora stared at the noble and then just sighed. "Gonna be honest I forgot your name. Anyway my marefriend and I are going to go make sure nopony is, uh... abusing magic. I heard some ponies were... turned into frogs?"

That's about the best that Aurora could come up with on short notice. She promptly walked the fuck away, leaving the nasally noble sitting there lost and confused.

With the last guests having just arrived, that finally meant that Celestia and her itty bitty sister were free of their stupid greeting ceremony. As the final pony walked through the door into the Gala, Luna let out a deep sigh and looked over at Celestia. "... So! Today is the day! Aurora and Twilight don't know what's about to happen, I assume?" She asked with a slight raised eyebrow. She assumed that it had been kept well under wraps.

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
"Poor Starlight, so learned and so powerful, yet still just an insignificant whelp beside the likes of me..." With a flash of Trixie's horn, a glass appeared. A glass... of water! She handed it over. "There! My miracle drunkenness cure. Water. Your wife really is smart and all around amazing, isn't she?" Trixie batted her eyelashes at Starlight and lightly bumped up her own mane fancily. She was quite happy with her dumb little joke.

Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide Shadeofshade Shadeofshade
"So... a treasure hunter is just a grave robber with extra steps." Devotion blatantly called him out on that one with a furrowing of her eyebrows. She wasn't convinced that he wasn't a grave robber. It sounded to her like treasure hunting was just a more 'respectful' grave robbing! She looked around at Midnight, Mud and Mint and then shrugged her shoulders.

"Well this has been fun, but I have devils to flirt with and mortals to judge. I'll be seeing you all around!" She got up to leave, only stopping briefly to pat Mud on the shoulder and finish her own drink. After that she was walking away, towards Valentine!

"VALENTINE!" Devotion screamed through the crowd. Where had she left that damned devil again?

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Valentine had just finished talking to a group of professors from the Canterlot University that simply found her fascinating. She promptly walked off when Devotion came screaming around though!
"Hey Devotion! I just found out you can like...rob from dead people but it's okay if you let people pay you money to look at the stuff you took! Want to go do that later? The looking at the museum OR the grave-robbing. Either or really."

Valentine said as she plopped down infront of the angel, wearing a long fanciful dress she'd just cheated and made out of magic.

Avedon Avedon
Devotion was also wearing a dress made out of magic, because great minds think alike! Then again, a devil and angel thinking alike was probably not a good sign for either of them! Did that mean Devotion was becoming evil, or Valentine was becoming good...?

Devotion blinked as Valentine sat down and just stared at her for a moment. "... That seems... evil." She said in response to that whole 'robbing dead ponies' thing. "Well, tonight is the Gala. We could spend some time together..."

Devotion picked Valentine up and slid her off to the side. Because sitting in the middle of the floor was weird. At least sit on one of the big window ledges.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Why not? It was a new dance. The sit down there and judge all the bad dancers dance. Most of these ponies were too stuck up and stiff to use the dance floors anyways!
"Oh yeah sure. I mean, I'm used to going to parties. All the arch-dukes alternate throwing big ones every year and I get invited just so much all the time. You're way more cool than anything going on here! Except for..."
Valentine scanned the room, needing to find SOMETHING here that was more interesting than an angel so she wouldn't get too full of herself....A minute later she just randomly pointed at a stallion sniffing a fake shrimp.
"...That guy. So how are you Devotion. You look nice."

Avedon Avedon
Devotion looked at Valentine quizzically as the mare looked around for something 'cooler' than she was. Ouch. Eventually she settle on some dumb mortal sniffing a piece of shrimp, to which Devotion just stared at Valentine with an arched eyebrow. "... That guy has virgin written all over his face. I, on the other hand, am a totally not virgin! I've done... many of the adult things. I am cooler than him."

Devotion had very obviously not done 'many of the adult things'.

"I am well, my little devil friend. You... You look nice as well." Devotion immediately cleared her throat and looked awkward again.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
"W-what? Really?! WOW!"
Valentine stared at Devotion in utter awe.
"I thought no one would want to do that with you because you're just a sword! I'm very impressed you could!"
She smiled back at the compliment as well and fluttered her own dress a little!
"Do you....want to go for a walk? I know there's a bunch of neat little animals out in the park! Maybe we'll get to see some frogs!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back