• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom MLP: Age of Exploration - The Grand Galloping Gala

Shadeofshade Shadeofshade

Mint looked a little uncomfortable, and didn't really know how to reply to Midnight, nevertheless, she downed her julep and gave it a try anyway. "I don't think so. She's too honest even for a politician. I'm sorry if...it was awful for you back there or anything. The way you describe the nobles where you come from just makes me think of my father. I've never thought of Canterlot nobles as being rude or classist. Stuffy maybe. But my frame of measurement was my father. Nopony else was rude, arrogant, snooty or classist at all compared to my father."

Before Mint could really get started on her daddy issues (and that'd be a long night), they were luckily summoned to the main hall. Mint stood beside Midnight and waited for the announcement.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Hearing Luna's voice sobered Starlight up, and she nodded to Trixie. She was still a little loose on her feet and clearly drunk, but she was serious. She didn't even respond with words because she knew she'd slur them. Embarrasing herself at a fancy party on purpose? That was something Starlight would do. Embarrasing herself in front of Luna? Nope. Not again. Never again. At the hall, Luna addressed them, then appeared to be handing the mic over to Celestia. Starlight's ears perked up. Oh wow, this was like, a thing!

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver @Avedone Cyan Hide Cyan Hide Shadeofshade Shadeofshade Dumbledoof Dumbledoof

Celestia would stand on the stage, looking out over the crowd, smiling at everyone that was present. Once everyone had gathered in the main hall, Celestia would clear her throat, before levitating out a glass, "I would just like to talk about a few things, and tell everyone how thankful we are you could be here at the Gala." There was a pause, and she'd look around the room for a second before quickly getting back to the topic at hoof.

"I'm sure many of you are curious as to what it was we'd be announcing this year at the Gala, and we've decided..." She'd pause for dramatic effect, then continued quickly, "We will be retiring from our position as the leaders of Equestria for the foreseeable future." She'd explain calmly, before shining a light down on Aurora, "And we will be leaving one Aurora in charge to oversee and run the nation in our absence." She'd say, looking at Aurora.

"If ponies have any questions... please submit them to this box, which will be sorted through later, and you will an answer in two to four days!" She'd say quickly before reaching up to rub her head, "Oh, one Twilight Sparkle will also being acting as Aurora's Adviser, and should marriage occur, she will have political power equal to that of Aurora!" She'd finish, before looking at Luna, smiling.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Dumbledoof Dumbledoof GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

As Midnight listened he started to feel sorry for Mint. She was a Pony that had approached him, started a conversation with him, tried to make him feel comfortable, had put in the effort to show a positive image of the Nobles of Equestria and now it seemed she was about to open up about her father and, from what he could tell, the issues she had with him. Midnight wanted to comfort her but just as he got the thought, the summon came.

As Mint stood beside him Midnight said to her, “I can tell you have more to say. If you would like, I am willing to listen to what you want to say after this announcement if you would like.” He knew that his next action might not be the best but he hoped that the meaning might get across. He put one hoof around her and hugged her.

With that done Midnight listened to the announcement...of their retirement. This was something he didn’t know if it would be good or bad, he didn’t even know the rulers well, but he thought that he should probably stick by Mint to see if she would be OK.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow was also surprised to hear about there being an announcement. Definitely wasn't there the few times she has come to this before. Wonder what the deal was. Apparently it was something that just plain has never happened before because Spitfire said the same thing! "I wonder what's up. It must be pretty important if the princesses have decided that it has to happen at the Gala. I gotta wonder, though, if its that important, isn't it usually better to address everypony more publicly?"

She flew down with them to where the announcement was happening. Hearing it out, there was a look of shock that came across her face, eyes widening to the size of saucers. "Luna and Celestia are... stepping down... Aurora and Twilight taking their place..." She mumbled, as if not believing the words herself. After a few seconds, Rainbow shook herself, looking around wildly. "Where are they? Twilight is here somewhere with them!"

Twilight Sparkle
The lavender alicorn was also pretty confused about the announcement that they needed to make an announcement. Right in the middle of the Gala, where everybody is trying to party and have a good time. Generally speaking, if its that important then they usually make it a pretty public statement, not something happening at a party. This... has never happened before! Even when she was Celestia's student and paid only minor attention to the Galas, she couldn't ever recall one before.

Aurora pulled her away quickly to the crowd of ponies. "Woah, hey! Take it easy, Aurora!" She yelped. That is a bit of an unexpected reaction. Aurora getting all jumpy and panicking a little bit was a weird change of pace. Usually Twilight is the one that panics whenever there is something happening she didn't know about. This time, however, she is the calm one and Aurora is going nuts. Go figure.

She listened, of course, as Luna started things off. After a brief introduction, the microphone was handed to Celestia... probably because they're better at this sort of thing. She has a special way of icing the cake, or rather, breaking the ice. That is a very weird pun she just made in her head, because Luna controls ice and stuff while Celestia is fire. Right, of course, Celestia is talking! She should probably get out of her own head and actually pay attention.

Twilight practically froze up with the words that they said, not knowing how to react. "You... are becoming the... and me!? Adviser!? I'VE NEVER ADVISED ANYBODY!" Queue the hyperventilating. This had been thrown on her so suddenly! On the both of them! Aurora made it pretty clear that she had no idea that this was happening at all! Twilight is now in full melt down.

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Trixie wasn't really sure what to make of this announcement. She didn't exactly care. Celestia and Luna wanted to step down, so... okay? Whatever. As long as Equestria was still in good hooves, that's fine. What bothered her mostly was who's hooves it was going into. Aurora was basically unknown to the ponies and Twilight was still quite young. Aurora and Twilight together had less life experience than Luna and Celestia had individually!

"... Well, that's interesting. Good for them. Maybe we can use this to our advantage..." Being close with not only the Goddess of Magic, but also one of the Empresses of Equestria, wasn't a bad thing.

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Spitfire
Spitfire reached out to grab Rainbow by her rainbow mane, and tugged on it lightly! "Calm down!" She whispered harshly, before going to a more gentle tone. "This does not concern us, Rainbow. To be completely honest, I'd prefer if we didn't get involved. Just wait until everything has settled down before we go talking to Twilight and Aurora. Ponies are already looking antsy enough without you interrupting the whole thing by going to find Twilight."

Looking around revealed that ponies were indeed beginning to grow restless. This whole news was rather big news. Probably the biggest news Equestria had ever received. Celestia and Luna had reigned for as long as their was recorded history of the Empire, so it was understandable that ponies were beginning to panic a slight bit. Especially because nobody actually knew who Aurora was.

Aurora
Aurora noticed that Twilight was beginning to hyperventilate and did the only thing she could think of... she elbowed her in the ribs and leaned over to whisper into her ear. "Deep breaths. Relax. Do not make this any harder for us, Twilight Sparkle." Not comforting, but Aurora wasn't really in a mood to comfort her lover. She was just as shocked as Twilight was, she was just better at hiding it on the outside. Internally she was freaking out!

However, the last thing she wanted was for Twilight to have a panic attack. She couldn't handle this news and deal with Twilight's panic attack at the same time. Aurora actually did something a little strange and began to slowly channel a slight bit of relaxing energy into Twilight; invisibly of course. It wouldn't impair her at all, but it helped clear the mind.

Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide Dumbledoof Dumbledoof GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Shadeofshade Shadeofshade
Luna nodded along with Celestia's words, restraining her chuckle that Twilight Sparkle was just kind of tagged on at the end. That was kind of a very important part to almost forget! Twilight Sparkle becoming an advisor isn't even the important part, it's what Celestia said after that was important; if they married, they would co-rule over the Empire of Equestria together. It would be the first time in the nations history that Celestia and Luna had been replaced.

The ponies were beginning to get really loud and rowdy, causing Luna to quickly take the stage to quell any possible problems that may occur. "Need I remind you all that this is merely a temporary stepping down from our positions. We will be back, and we will be watching everything that happens and offering our own advice if needed. This is merely to give Princess Aurora and Princess Twilight much needed practice with running the country."

She gestured to both Aurora and Twilight with her hoof. "Look at them. If Celestia and I were to perish, these two are the most able bodied ponies available to take the thrones. Their love is strong, and their powers formidable. They can run this Empire. It is best that they get practice now, while Celestia and I are able to give our advice."

Blunt, but also the truth. Aurora and Twilight were already a couple, and had the power to defend Equestria. Now they simply needed training. Aurora had been training all of her life, but that wasn't quite the same as actually ruling an Empire. She would need help, and Twilight would need even more so.

The ponies gathered around were still fidgeting, but nopony seemed to want to speak out. It was them that Luna extended a hoof towards Aurora and Twilight. "Princesses Aurora and Twilight, please step forward."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Rainbow Dash
Having her mane pulled on was something she wasn't very fond of. She didn't give Spitfire an earful simply because they're her marefriend (and soon to be betrothed). "I don't think you get it. Twilight is going to freak when she hears this. In fact, she is probably already freaking out," her ears twitched at the sound of Twilight's voice cutting above the rest at the moment. Never advised anybody... uh-huh. "She is going to need me and probably the others over there."

Running a nation is a pretty big thing to ask of a mare whose only leadership practice is organizing Ponyville's Winter Wrap Up. That isn't something you just throw on them out of the blue, without any sort of notice beforehoof. The mare gets anxious and panics at the slightest deviations of her schedule. This is a pretty giant thing to suddenly spring on them. Celestia couldn't have possibly thought it might be a good idea. They know what Twilight gets like when things take her by surprise.

Staring up at the stage, she let out a quiet sigh. "It'll have to wait until after they've gotten off the stage. Looks like they're not done giving Twilight a panic attack yet..."

Twilight Sparkle
This is nuts! Crazy! Insane! Luna and Celestia can't step down like this, even temporarily, they've been the ones ruling the nation since... well, ever! For as long as Equestria has existed, Celestia and Luna have been the ones leading it. Even despite Luna's thousand years absence due to unfortunate circumstances, that hasn't changed. Celestia kept up and made up for the slack for working even harder than before. There is one thing wanting a break, another to just suddenly step down without any sort of warning.

She was rattled beyond belief by this news. The elbow to her ribs was barely even noticed by the mare, aside from the slight stumble, and did little to quell her hyperventilating. It was only Aurora's voice that actually got any sort of reaction out of the mare. Closing her eyes, Twilight took in a deep breath, and held it for a few seconds before slowly releasing. She did this two more times before her eyes finally reopened and she managed to reign herself in, even just a little bit.

The relaxing energy did help a little bit. Stepping forward, Twilight made her way towards the stage, and once she was close enough, dropped her voice to a whisper so the gathered crowd couldn't hear her. "Did somepony hit you with a confusion spell or something, Luna? This is crazy! No warning! I can't run an empire!" She whispered quickly. Honestly, of course she'll be co-ruler eventually. Marriage is pretty much guaranteed going to happen somewhere in the foreseeable future.

Shadeofshade Shadeofshade Dumbledoof Dumbledoof Dreamweaver Dreamweaver GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus

Mint would have made some kind of reply but the Princesses announcements were too shocking and she stared up at the stage in silence for at least a minute before turning to Midnight. "Is this...actually real?"

Starlight had a feeling something like this was coming sooner or later, so wasn't as shocked as Trixie, but was watching Twilight very carefully throughout the speeches. She knew Twilight would freak out. And she was right. "Look at Twilight," she slurred to Trixie. "She's freaking out. When things quieten down, I'm gonna go and make sure she's okay."

Mud was as hard to read as ever and stood there unmoving and unblinkingly observing. In contrast, Commander Arcus was trying to look professional but under her helmet she was mentally losing her shit.

Cozy Glow looked up from her meal, focused, and then looked across the table to Selena. "I don't know why but I've iust got the feeling something big has happened."

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
While Starlight was distractedly staring at Twilight as the alicorn freaked out, Trixie was staying quite rigid. It wasn't until Starlight turned back to her that Trixie relaxed and looked over at Starlight, locking eyes with her. The only problem was that it was not Trixie's eyes staring back... her normally beautiful violet eyes were now catlike in shape. Nopony around them seemed to notice this, simply because all eyes were currently locked on Celestia, Luna, Aurora and Twilight.

It was a ballsy move to show her nature in front of this crowd of assembled ponies and the deities themselves. It was clear that Nightmare knew she was safe. If Starlight so much as called out, she would reduce Trixie to a pile of gore beside her in the blink of an eye. She knew it and, more importantly, Starlight knew it. Their deal had been simple; help her, and Trixie lives. Betray her and she dies.

Those catlike eyes stared into Starlight's soul, bright with amusement. Trixie leaned in and whispered gently into her ear, "Is this just not the most fascinating turn of events? Starlight, I think I know what you can do for me in the coming weeks. I've always wanted to be an Empress... I will contact you again soon..."

With that being said, Nightmare again retreated and Trixie was left there grinning! From her perspective absolutely no time had passed at all, though it had actually been about six seconds.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Dumbledoof Dumbledoof

Celestia quickly moved forward, leaning down to whisper to Twilight, "Twilight, please, you need to relax." She'd say softly, smiling warmly, "We wouldn't be doing this if we didn't think you could handle it." She'd say, looking at Luna, "And of course, we'll still be around to help you if you both need it." She'd say, trying to reassure Twilight.

Slowly, she'd lift a hoof to Twilight's shoulder, "Don't let it scare you too much." She'd say, smiling, before looking to Aurora, nodding for her to come closer, "You'll be having Twilight assist you for now, until... Further notice." She'd say, giggling softly, before letting her face go back to a plain smile, "But you will both do a good job, I'm sure of it." She'd whisper, smiling, before standing back up straight, looking to Luna for the announcement to continue.

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Selena's ears perked up whenever the announcement back in the Gala started happening. Eventually, she settled down, nodding slowly. "Yes, something 'big' has just happened. Something that you will learn soon enough in time." This is Cozy Glow, so she'll let them figure it out on their own. It will at least keep them from trying to undermine Aurora or Twilight for a while. Luna is the one that really held the reigns on them. Wonder what they plan to do now.

She'll have to talk to Luna after the Gala. Back to the topic at hand though! "No, they would not. A blind pony does not know what they are missing. The same equates to Solustris. She never had working eyes so all she knows is that we're actually all possibly pranking her and we're blind as well." Selena shrugged her shoulders lightly. "Ponies who had eyesight but became blind tend to have that clear vision still in their dreams. Ponies who were always blind right from the start will remain blind, even while dreaming, because their mind has no experience to pull from."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

As Midnight listened to what, as he assumed to be, The Nightmother he then started to understand the situation a bit. When Mint asked her question, he looked at her and saw the look on her face. What he saw was Mint in wide-eyed disbelief, almost as if her entire world came crashing down.

Midnight knew that if he didn’t do something now then things might fall apart, plus it seemed that Mint didn’t hear what The Nightmother added to what the other one said. He turned to Mint, looked her in the eyes and said, “It’s OK, it’s OK. The way I see this happening is that both of the Alicorns that are in charge are just stepping down so those that are younger generation can get some experience.” He placed a hoof on her shoulder to try and comfort her as he continued, “I know that the Purple Alicorns reaction is...less… than encouraging but that can just be choked up to nerves. She probably just feels that she can’t fill the shoes of the current rulers.” He then motioned towards the Purple Alicorn as he finished off with, “If given the right support then this worry everyone has tonight will just be a memory everyone can look back on and laugh at.”

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Starlight was merely worried as she watched Twlight when she turned back to Trixie, and looked into her eyes, she recognized them instantly and froze on the spot. She was truly terrified by what she saw. She always knew this day would come, when she'd reap what she'd sown, but had always hoped it never would. Nightmare was in her beloved's body. No...Nightmare was her beloved. Truthfully, her beloved had died ten years ago. It wasn't the first selfish, dangerous decision she'd ever made, nor was it the last, and she'd make it again. But seeing her brought it all into focus. She kept her eyes forward again, and listened to Nightmare's words. What did she mean by them? What could Starlight possibly do to make Trixie Empress? Nothing. Nothing that she'd ever even consider, anyway.

Shadeofshade Shadeofshade

"You're probably right, but this is a big change," Mint replied. "Rules don't just change every couple of years, or even every lifetime here. Celestia has been Princess for over a thousand years. And now she's not. That's not something I'm going to get used to quickly."

GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus

Cozy raised her eyebrow at Selena's explanation, but otherwise ignored it. She would learn in time. That much was certain. As enticing as that 'big event' sounded in regards to opportunities, for now she just wanted to enjoy herself. Back to the topic of conversation. Selena agreed with her but just hearing her describe blindness made Cozy involuntarily shiver. Empathy for other was not something she thought she had much of, and she'd just stated pity would be wasted on those born blind, but she still felt bad. She tried to dispel these emotions from her mind.

"Let's talk about something else," she said, uncomfortable from the fact she had been slightly rattled.

Last edited:
Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide Dumbledoof Dumbledoof GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Shadeofshade Shadeofshade
Luna stayed silent while Celestia worked to calm her old apprentice. Nobody was quite as good at calming a pony as their old master, Luna knew that as well as anypony. Aurora also stayed silent, though she draped a wing across Twilight's back for comfort. She knew that the ponies watching didn't want to see Twilight freaking out, but they'd be even more annoyed if they saw Aurora doing absolutely nothing to stop it. If they were to rule together, they should rely on each other as well.

After Twilight had calmed down, Luna simply arched an eyebrow at the mare. "You are merely an advisor, Twilight. If you cannot do the job, I am sure others can. For now you will accept the position and perhaps find that such a thing suits you. And in time you can become the leader you were meant to be... both of you. Look at Aurora, Twilight; she's been bred for this for over a thousand years and she is not ready either. She's shaking. Celestia and I will be around for guidance if things are dire."

Aurora was definitely shaking a little bit but also keeping her shit together on the outside. It's what she had been trained for since she was a filly. She was always meant to succeed her parents, though she didn't expect to be doing so right after returning from Hell.

Luna slowly moved herself over in front of Twilight, so that Celestia was in front of Aurora. "I would consider myself advisor to Empress Celestia, who has reigned far longer than I due to my absence. Because of this, I gift to you my half of the Regalia of Equestria, Twilight Sparkle."

Luna slowly removed her shoe-things and slid them over to Twilight, before levitating her crown over onto Twilight's head. Luna was less a public leader and more a military advisor and strategist, so it wouldn't really make sense for Aurora to get her regalia.

Luna looked over at Celestia. All that was left was to officially crown Aurora!

"When the crown is on Aurora's head and the shoes on her hooves, the two of you will go to stand before the crowd and we will all bow to the two of you. Well not Celestia and I, but the rest will." Luna's voice echoed in Celestia, Aurora and Twilight's head. She figured they could use a little bit of simple instruction to stay calm!

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Spitfire still wasn't buying it. "Twilight is a big mare, Rainbow. She's been slowly trained for this over the years by Celestia, and can handle stress. You cannot fight being like Discord without learning to control your stress levels. I admit this was an.... interesting... way to spring the news on them, but it also is a good way for the Empresses to judge how well Aurora and Twilight handle surprising news. The last thing we need is either of them over-reacting to something in court."

"I strongly urge against you or your friends going up to comfort Twilight after. Feel free to speak with her, but for the love of Harmony do not comfort her. There's going to be creatures from other empires watching, like the minotaurs over there." She motioned her head over to the minotaurs standing a bit away from them. "If the first thing these countries see is the new leaders needing comforting by their big group of friends, it's going to make Equestria look like a joke. A weak empire. Weakness invites war, especially now that Celestia and Luna will be gone."

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Trixie sensed that Starlight was acting weird! But she didn't say anything about it. For now it seemed like Aurora was about to be crowned, so she was getting ready to bow and do so without messing up this time.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Dumbledoof Dumbledoof Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide Shadeofshade Shadeofshade
Celestia

Celestia would nod her head ever so slight, before levitating out a crown and shoes made for Aurora, and would smile proudly at her, "With this crown, we hereby declare you the ruler of Equestria." She'd say loudly, her voice carrying across the room with ease. With careful grace, Celestia would set the crown down upon Aurora's head, and would carefully put on each shoe for Aurora. Once that was done, she'd step back, and gesture for them both to stand before the crowd.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Cyan Hide Cyan Hide Avedon Avedon Shadeofshade Shadeofshade
Twilight Sparkle
Luna apparently didn't get the hint there. Aurora and herself had already kinda spoken about marriage before. Mostly through Twilight blundering about and getting her words mixed up a bit much, but it very much felt like it would be happening in the future. Not like Aurora would decide to take anybody else as her Queen... Empress? She doesn't actually know how the whole thing works, really. Whatever the case may be, this is still quite a lot to randomly throw at them.

Maybe they thought that it would be immediately declined by both of them if they simply asked in advanced. Tried to discuss it with them. So to avoid that entirely, they're being put on the spot right here, where they cannot argue back without making a scene. Its an extremely underhoofed stunt to pull on the both of them. Aurora is kind of busy dealing with the Weave to be ruling at the same time!

But freaking out will have to wait. She is currently in front of a big crowd of her would-be subjects now. With Aurora. She has already embarrassed them once before in front of the Gala, and it is not happening a second time! Taking a steadying breath, she turned around to face the crown, putting on a... surprisingly calm expression, smiling pleasantly at them. Twilight has gotten good at doing a poker face!

With Luna removing her royal regalia, sliding it over to Twilight, she nodded slowly at them. This is so weird. She has two crowns now. Princess Luna's the sparkling onyx thing, and now her own which is a practically a poor pony's replica of the Element of Magic. Stepping into the new shoes daintily, they fit... sort of well. These definitely didn't feel made for her hooves. Then she went back to standing next to Aurora. Her presence is the only comforting thing she has at the moment.

"After this Gala is over I think we all need to talk in private. Like why you decided now is the best time to throw us into the fire." This honestly feels like she has just come out of the oven and right into the frying pan. First she was made an alicorn without the barest hint of a talk by Celestia, now they've both decided to suddenly put this burden on both herself and Aurora.

As instructed, Twilight stepped forward so that everybody could bow.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Rainbow Dash
"Not right here in the middle of the Gala, Spitfire. Afterward, when we're all in private and don't have a bunch of ponies trying to eavesdrop." Rainbow rebutted quickly. Of course doing so right here would be a bad idea. That isn't what she had even meant at all. Hell, just by watching them, its pretty obvious the neither of them seemed ready for this. Twilight put on a brave face but Aurora is shaking. Twilight has no experience with ruling... at all. The most she has experience with is dealing with nation-wide problems, which is fine, but not dealing with billions of ponies.

That really meant Twilight has to deal with this with Aurora for the time being. She could manage that just fine. "Still, though, really out of the blue. In the middle of the Gala. Twilight is going to be having so much fun now." She glanced around the crowd, wondering if she could possibly spot some of her other friends. "Probably should find the others still. Y'know, in case they try to go hug Twilight in the middle of the Gala. Mostly Pinkie."

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Selena
Selena noticed Cozy Glow's comfort, giving them a kind smile. "Do not feel sorry for Solustris, Wing Gambit. She may not have sight but she does have something perhaps even better—her hair. Solustris has this thing kind of like a spider. The hairs on her body are super sensitive, and since she has so much more than a spider, and larger, that makes them especially more sensitive. She can feel a fly several meters from her if she focuses on it. Her ears are pretty sensitive, too. When you lose one sense, the others tend to become stronger to compensate."

Selena rubbed her chin lightly, giggling quietly. "She manages to run into every wall in existence still."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

That was the problems, time. Such an announcement would never be welcomed with open hooves without at least some resistance. Midnight closed his eyes, lowered his head and bit the inside of his lip as he tried to think of an answer...think...THINK! That was what the problem was right now.

With a smile, Midnight looked back at Mint and said, “Well, I can’t say that the change is something that will be good or bad as I don’t know what those two are like.” He wished at that moment that he had taken some time with his Mother to talk with girls and asked for advice on how to help them through difficult times, but he had to make do. “At least it is here. This way they can both get all the help and support that they need.” He motioned towards every other pony and said, “I apologise for what I’m about to say but, the way I see almost everyone here is that they are all over thinking it.” He then finally motioned towards The Nightmother and the other Alicorn that is with her and said, “Those two seem to trust the two that they just announced. If they think that those two are good enough to start ruling while they are still around, then I’d say let’s support them as best as we can.”

Luna's crown and shoes adjusted themselves to fit Twilight's body, because they were super magical. Twilight would also feel a protective spell take hold when she put on the regalia, seemingly appearing in the form of an invisible shield just above her skin. It was definitely a useful enchantment, though if she removed any piece of the regalia it would dissipate.

When Twilight said they would need to speak in public after, Luna simply arched an eyebrow and gave her a short nod. That was to be expected of course, they would have to talk about this privately. As it stands right now this is simply the way it was being done both Aurora and Twilight would have to deal with it. This was strictly to see how well they handled stress and right now they were doing quite well!

As Aurora and Twilight stepped forward, Luna spoke up again. "By the power invested in us as the first Rulers of Equestria, we now name Aurora as the rightful ruler of Equestria. Long live the Empress."

It was at this point that all the ponies in the room took a knee and uttered the same 'long live the empress' line.

"... You may rise." Aurora said coolly, watching as her subjects rose to their hooves. She did not know what to make of this, but for now she just wanted to be alone. "The days festivities have only just begun. I must retire to speak with my mothers, but we shall return soon. In the meantime, enjoy yourselves." Aurora said to the assembled ponies, many of whom did not look too thrilled with this news.

Aurora calmly walked away, locking eyes with Celestia and Luna as she passed them and motioning with her head for them to follow.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide Shadeofshade Shadeofshade
The magical shield from the royal regalia enveloping her caught Twilight by slight surprise. She didn't even know these things were actually enchanted, figuring they were always there simply for appearances and nothing else. Of course they're magical. Practically anything they wear is magical. Considering how often it is worn, she supposed it makes sense that they would place some protection spells upon it. Not that Luna or Celestia would likely ever need the extra protection.

Honestly, Twilight wasn't really all that sure if she was supposed to say it as well. They're technically appointing her as 'adviser', but considering she is Aurora's marefriend, it almost seems inappropriate to say it. It probably would make sense for her to do so, yet... she didn't. If she was supposed to, they can tell her afterwards. But for now her mind is a little too preoccupied with other things for it.

She turned around with Aurora and followed them. Now that she wasn't facing the rest of the ponies, her smile faltered, walking a little more stiffly. "I'm not sure whether to be annoyed at Celestia and Luna for this stunt, flattered, or both. Did you have any idea that they would be stepping down? I didn't." She asked telepathically to Aurora.

Celestia would smile at Aurora and Twilight as the proceeding occurred, watching the crowd for any negativity. However, it was short lived when she saw Aurora's look. Frowning, she'd look at Luna, before going on after Aurora, trotting along quickly, "Aurora?" She'd ask, sounding a slight bit worried, wondering if she'd respond at all yet.

"I knew that they would be stepping down, but I did not know when and I did not know it would be us taking their place. I figured that it would be Silvanus and Asa, since you and I are always busy. This is a shock, but we can deal with it." Aurora replied telepathically to Twilight, though her voice was gentle and calm inside of Twilight's head. With the initial shock worn off, Aurora was now getting her mind under control. She wasn't happy but she also processed this information very quickly and was working it all out in her head.

They'd be fine. A few arcane servants to handle chores, a few magical spells to duplicate themselves and then they'd be set. Their clones could handle court while they were out on magical business, and when they were back the clones would simply be locked away somewhere.

Luna glanced over at Celestia with a little worried expression of her own. It was obvious that Aurora was angry and to be honest, Luna didn't really want to deal with an angry Aurora. She always got very vindictive, like that time over a thousand years ago that Aurora turned the water in their bath into swamp water because they didn't let her stay home from school. She was about twelve at the time. She was never violent but she was also kind of a dick sometimes.

Aurora just grunted at Celestia and did not respond. Soon enough the four of them reached an empty room, which Aurora proceeded to escort everybody into and shut the door. A quick burst of her horn covered the door in a purple force-field and blocked sound from leaving the room. "... WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! You're going to give Twilight a heart-attack! Look at her, she's feeble and cannot handle these things!"

Aurora proceeded to pick Twilight up and hold her up in front of them, like a toddler showing their parents a stuffed animal.

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
With Twilight, Aurora, Celestia and Luna having left to have a 'talk', Spitfire let out a little drawn out whistle. "... Wow, that was something! This is the first time Equestria's leadership has changed hooves in... forever! I feel as honoured as I feel horrified." She reached over to nudge Dash in the ribs with an elbow and winked at her. "Shoulda made us Empresses. Can you imagine that? Empress Spitfire and Empress Rainbow Dash..."

"... The whole country would go to shit in about a week. Possibly less." Spitfire concluded with a chuckle and a shake of her head.

Celestia stared at Aurora, not really surprised by her sudden outburst, but she did raise a brow when she picked up Twilight and held her out to them,"That is incredibly rude ,Aurora." She'd say, before looking to Twilight, "And we fully believed that the two of you together could handle running Equestria." She'd turn her head to Twilight, "And I have good faith in you that you'll be an excellent adviser, and ruler." She'd say, patting Twilight's shoulder with a wing.

She'd turn her head to Luna, "We both thought that you both could handle this. It isn't permanent either." She'd say, hoping that might help them to calm down a bit. She'd rest a wing on Aurora's shoulder, "And you need to be calm, for Twilight, if anything." She'd say, before stepping back, looking to Luna.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back