• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom MLP: Age of Exploration - The Grand Galloping Gala

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus
"Of coursie I saw her die! Well...dying. Look at her face. Look at it age. It's gross. Wait...it's Rose's gross, aging, dying face!"
Her eyes widened and glistened with excitement as she beamed and rubbed back into the mortal!
"Rose! It's so wonderful to let you bask in my presence agai-"
That was the last Devotion ever saw of her as she was dragged off by Rose probably as food for the pegasus-pony or something.
"Agh!Yes hello! Everything Rose just said of me is true! Especially how she said I was the greatest creature she's ever met."
Valentine was preeeetty sure she had heard Rose say that at any rate.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Mud
"It would have been nice, I agree. Maybe I should learn how to make dresses so I could make you one in the future, as a present." Mud replied, before looking around while Devotion was. On one hoof, just knowing how pretty the mares were that she was surrounded by made her feel inadequate. There must be over a hundred beautiful gowned mares in this room alone. Then again, there had been so many eyes on her when she entered, so she must have been doing something right. It was hard to tell but when she was called the twentieth most attractive mare, in this room, her grey face went maybe 1% redder. It was possible to tell if you were paying attention and squinted. That was the only change on her face.

"At this Gala, twentieth is very good. I'm flattered. Thank you." Mud's literal mind and Devotion's honesty were a combination that meant being called second best was a frilly white lie of an exaggeration, but being called twentieth best was true and therefore a much bigger compliment.

Starlight
Starlight watched her wife order the cider, receive a glass, and take a sip, all the while with a raised eyebrow and a smug smile. When Trixie teleported it away and ordered a rum, Starlight laughed. "I warned you! Don't say I didn't warn you! I'll have a gin, please, barkeep."

The bartender, who was starting to get tired of all these uncouth nicknames, served them their rum and then gin then went to the back to cool off. Starlight furrowed her brow and took a sip. "Poor guy. He's been having to deal with fffffucking nobles all night and then he deals with us."

Shadeofshade Shadeofshade

Mint was slightly disappointed that the bat pony didn't get flustered, but answered her earnestly, but at the same time, that only made him more interesting. Although he was rambling on which was a sign of nervousness, so perhaps he was just hiding his emotions. At his offer of a dance, Mint decided to take this further opportunity to gauge him. You can tell a lot from a pony by how they dance. It's practically a whole language of aristocratic communication. She nodded and smiled. "Of course. I will gladly dance with you." she replied.

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof

Cozy saw the twitch of this creature when she heard Cozy's name, and tensed. But when Selena offered to take her somewhere nice for dinner, Cozy was trhrown for a loop. People...didn't take Cozy Glow out to dinner. To be honest, most ponies were smarted than that. But Cozy was already dressed. There was nothing to possibly gain by saying no, so she pretended to think about it for less than a second, then nodded and smiled at the Nightsaber. "You really mean it?" she asked, making her eyes a little bit bigger than natural so she seemed cuter. "Oh thank you! Of course! I'd love to! Thank you so much!"

She didn't have to pretend to be grateful, because to tell the truth, she was. She was still to on guard to be completely honest and genuine, however. After all, people didn't take Cozy Glow out to dinner. She wanted to know what Selena's game was.

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Ponies don't really trust a mare that looks kind of similar to a villain that they did know. But to be completely honest, Selena is not even a pony, so she also doesn't care quite that much. The most Cozy Glow could do is try to talk her into something. And fail. Or they could simply accept and enjoy the night that she was offering to them. The latter option was the more favorable of the outcomes.

Selena nodded slowly, smiling slightly. "Yes, I mean it. Come, walk with me." She flicked her tail, moving around them, pausing momentarily so that Cozy Glow could walk with them instead of trying to keep up with her or something. "My name is Selena, by the way. Apologies for not introducing myself sooner."

Last edited:
Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Rainbow Dash
They would totally be messing up her mane tonight, that much was true. But that doesn't mean she has to mess it up immediately instead of just, you know, messing it up only when the flight show is starting. That's the major distinction. Looking good for Spitfire to make her look good for everybody else is the main thing that she's concerned about, however much she doubts that they actually care all that much. Besides that, she has a flight team to make a name for.

If that name for it is 'Rainbow Dash always dresses in style', she's going to have to kill herself.

Rainbow snorted, shaking her head. "Man, that feels like it was ages ago now. That first Grand Galloping Gala I went to with the other girls. There was a whole competition between us at first because there were only two tickets. Then there were six. Guess Celestia had some foresight for that one." She let out a little sigh. "I was so determined to try and impress you there, y'know? Doing whatever I possibly could. I even caught Soarin's pie! Wonder if he even still remembers that."

Twilight Sparkle
Well now, good to know that being bad at dancing apparently runs in the family! She never would have taken Aurora to be a bad dancer because... they're like 2,000 years old. Plenty of time to brush up on your skills and really become a decent dancer, at least. Neither of them really need to be 'the best' when it comes the category. Twilight only really cares for being an acceptable dancer for Aurora, and they may or may not view it in the same way, but reversed.

She actually looked a little bit confused when Aurora suddenly stopped them. It took her brain a second to actually process what they were saying before she nodded with a smirk. "I wouldn't be here with you, ready to go make a fool of myself by dancing if I didn't love you. Silly mare." She reached up and pat Aurora's cheek, leaning in to press a kiss to their lips briefly, meeting their eyes with her own lidded ones. "... I love you too, Aurora."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Octavia would chuckle weakly at Fleur's casual mention of theft. It was a problem, but Octavia couldn't be bothered to make some remark. She took another sip of the wine, grimaced, and looked at Fleur, "You wouldn't happen to have any Bourbon in that borrow bin, would you?" She'd ask, before laughing weakly, "Preferably apple flavored." She'd add. Normal bourbon was awful, but Octavia found she could at least handle apple flavored things.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

Midnight was happy that he didn’t get rejected. He smiled and thought “If I stay here then I might be able to not be so doubtful of nobles.” With that in mind he tilted his head, still smiling, and said, “Well then, let’s be off to the dance floor.” And then, in an off-hooved way, added “I just hope I remember the lessons of dancing that I learned from my mother.” With that Midnight looked around for an open spot so he and Mint could dance.

GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus
"Bourbon? Sure, I will be right back." Fleur said with a smile before walking away. She went and actually paid for drinks like a regular upstanding citizen, and returned roughly 10 minutes later with two glasses of bourbon! Fleur would drink anything so she was mostly just going on Octavia's preferences. She handed the bourbon over to Octavia with another smile and then nodded her head towards one of the windows nearby. "Let's go relax over there and chat. You seem... down. Could maybe use a talk?"

Avedon Avedon GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus
Rose just rolled with it, because she was used to it by this point. "Yes yes, Valentine, you are great. The best. Just don't let the Princesses overhear you saying that, or they'll send you to heaven." Ooo that was a threat. No devil wanted to go to that disgusting place! It was too bright and nice smelling! "How have you been, Val? It's been a few months..."

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Devotion
It was pretty obvious that Devotion legitimately did not know what was going on here. She was completely innocent and had no idea that she was hitting on Mud. She did, however, notice that Mud's face went 1% darker red than it had been before. "You are... blushing! What has caused you to do this? Is there somepony looking at you with that attractive mortal stare?" Devotion promptly tried to do the 'attractive mortal stare' but actually just looked kind of scary and too serious. She didn't have good bedroom eyes.

She took a look around to see who made Mud blush and then suddenly it clicked. Oh! "That was me! I did the making you blush thing! Haha, I really am a spectacular angel. I can even make mortals feel good!" She held out of hoof to Mud, still completely oblivious to most of this. "We should go celebrate my achievement with a drink! I want to try this... 'alcohol' thing that you all speak of."

Trixie
"Trixie does not know what you are talking about, dear. Trixie just decided she wanted something besides cider. It wasn't... bad." Trixie reverted to speaking to herself in the first person, which meant she was losing that argument. That's what she always did. That was her way of being defensive, which also happened to annoy just about everypony around them.

"Are we not technically of noble class now, Starlight?" Trixie asked while looking over at her lover with a slight smile. "We've got money and power. Fame. Princess Aurora herself wants us to teach at her school. We seem awfully close to being nobles..."

They were definitely the most uncouth nobles ever.

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Spitfire
"... You had to fight over tickets?" Spitfire said with a slow blink, before just bursting out laughing. Okay, now that was hilarious! The idea of Rainbow Dash and all of her friends scrambling for the chance to come to the Gala was absolutely hilarious. "I'm assuming Applejack didn't partake in the fighting? She doesn't really seem like a Gala-goer type, y'know?"

Spitfire stretched her wings out a bit and then grabbed Rainbow by the hoof. "Come on, let's go spend some time on the roof and finalize a routine. I am so excited to finally do a show together!" She said with a happy little grin and a clap of her hooves! They had been away from doing shows for months now, it would be really nice to finally do one.

Spitfire quickly made her way out the windows and to the roof. There were already plenty of pegasi up here and a few bat ponies, too.

Aurora
Aurora seemed content with that answer and smiled as Twilight leaned in for a kiss. Aurora returned that kiss with a surprisingly forceful one of her own, which would leave Twilight's lips feeling a little tingly! "I am glad to hear that, Twilight Sparkle. Now, let's make our way inside, yes?" She said while draping a wing over Twilight and making their way in through the secret passageway.

The passageway took about 4 minutes to get through completely. It exited into the main ballroom, though nopony really noticed them coming out. Everypony was far too focused on other things! "No dancing yet, that is for sure. Let us get a drink, yes?" Apparently Aurora was in full royal mode, as she kept speaking very methodically and was looking rather snooty!

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Mud
Mud shook her head and raised an eyebrow. "Your 'attractive mortal stare' needs work. Not that I'm one to talk. And I'm not used to being complimented on my appearance and strongly and as genuinely as you did. That's why I blushed. Yes, it was you." As they made their way to the bar, Mud was curious. "So, can swords even get drunk?" she asked.

Starlight
Starlight cringed and chuckles whilst pretending to should herself from something. "Don't even joke about that. Us? Nobles? I think we're as far from nobles as you can get in attitude and background. Even Applejack's a better noble. Seriously, I've seen her do an impression once and it was scary how good it was. We're just very rich and very powerful. And we can kick legit ass. So we're better than nobles really. We outrank them."

"If you stay here for too long," she retorted, "You'll dislike them almost as much as I do." When they got to the dance floor, Mint stretched her legs in preparation. "Don't worry. I dance a lot, so short of tripping over your own feet, which I doubt if you learned to dance in the past, I think we'll do just fine."

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof

Cozy Glow had no plans to talk Selena into anything at present. That may change at any moment. Power and Control were to Cozy what booze was to an alcoholic. It was not the healthiest of relationships, and Cozy wasn't hating living clean. The hope that she'd get her fix in the future, with planning and opportunity, was what kept her going, and ironically what kept her from doing something stupid in the meantime. But right now, none of that mattered. She was being shown genuine, unguarded kindness. She'd be a fool not to take advantage of it. But more than that, it felt nice to be trusted again, and gave her a warm feeling in her chest. She couldn't believe she'd taken this for granted ten years ago. She'd been such a stupid, immature kid to blow her biggest advantage on such a childlike plan.

"That's a nice name, Selena," Cozy answered. "So, where exactly did you have in mind for us to go?"

Mint seemed to know where to find a good spot so Midnight let her lead. When they were at their spot, Mint started to stretch and try to reassure Midnight. As he started to stretch himself, an idea formed in his head. When he finished stretching, Midnight said “Mint, I have an idea to see if I still know how to dance. Why not we start with a Waltz as a warm up?” With that, he offered his hoof for the dance.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Octavia would raise a brow, smiling to herself as Fleur went off to get the drinks. She'd sit there, and frown to herself as she thought about the pony missing from the event. She'd smile once more when Fleur rounded the corner, and she'd carefully take her drink, holding it a magical field. The necklace she wore glowed a gentle white, as did the magical field. Ocatvia made her way towards the window, and sat down in a chair at the table next to it. She looked outside, sighing.

Looking at Fleur, she'd frown, looking down, "I... I'm just... I... I miss my granddad." She'd say, her magical field wavering a bit as she lost focus on the glass. It shook and wobbled, but the only thing Octavia did was let out a few tears. She'd shudder a few times, as if waiting for Fleur to say... anything.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Avedon Avedon

Fluttershy would smile as the two of them started to reconnect after being apart so long. Fluttershy would lean on Rose gently, smiling happily to be out with Rose. Sil decided she was pretty bored however, and flapped her wings a few times, before crawling up to look over FLuttershy's head, "I wanna play with the devil pony!" She'd say, waving at Val, grinning with excitement, "Hide and seek!" She'd declare loudly, making Fluttershy's heart skip a beat.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Valentine paused and thought about that.
"Hmm...on the positive side it would be a great way to spy on them...on the downside...eck, heaven...on the positive: Lucian would be there. On the negative: Eck, Lucian would be there..."
Valentine began to head right for the princess's! She was going to annoy them on purpose! Then a tiny baby would crawl out like some sort of smuggled-in dance goblin!
"AGH WHAT'S THAT?!"

Valentine asked as she fell back completely caught unawares and staring at the foal.
"Look out! It's some kind of...shrunken down person! Don't let it get near your ears! It'll go for your brains!!!"
Valentine had never actually seen a baby yet!

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Devotion
Oooo bad choice of words, Mud. Devotion looked immediately offended and shot Mud a glare that could melt steel beams. "How dare you! I am no mere sword. That is simply my prison. Do not ever say such things again..." Now Devotion was in an awful mood. She always liked to maintain that her and the sword were separate; it was a finely crafted hunk of metal and she was an angel!

Trixie
"Honestly, we probably do outrank all of the nobles here. As far as I know, we answer directly to the Princesses. We should go bully some nobles with Wish spells..." wait, that sounded highly illegal and also highly fun. Hell yeah.

Not that she was going to do it. She didn't want to bring down the wrath of Equestria on her, or whatever. She had a magic show to perform tomorrow!

"You are absolutely not paying hide and seek." Rose commanded of Silhouette, motioning right back to Fluttershy's wings. "You sit between those wings all night or never leave Fluttershy's side. You could easily get lost here and if you get lost in the castle, well... I hear there's corridors that will incinerate you if you walk down them. Don't wander off."

Rose rolled her eyes and turned back to Valentine with a smile. "You still have a crush on the angel, hmm? Speaking of which, where is he? I figured he would be here by now. Probably off doing some important angel duties, like helping old ladies across the street..."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Mud
Mud frowned. she didn't just show a glimmer of sadness. She frowned. Properly. So that's what emotion looks like on that face. And she put her hoof on Devotion's shoulder.
"I'm sorry. I didn't know it meant that much to you. I'll never say that again. What can I do to make it up to you?"

Starlight
"As fun as that sounds, and that does sound fun, I don't think it'd be a good idea to abuse Wish like that. It could affect *us* for a start. And we'd probably get in trouble from the Princesses. Now Motor Mouth, or Fiducia Compellus. Those are spells we could have some fun with." she answered with a sly chuckle. "Make anybody do whatever we want, or make a total fool out of themselves. As long as they didn't find out it's us. Some of them might be watching out show tomorrow."

"That seems like a good idea," Mint replied, taking Midnight's hoof. Mint then looked towards the band, caught their eye, and made a swaying motion with her hoof. The band nodded, and the moment the current song ended, they began playing a waltz. Mint then turned back to Midnight and with a well-practiced form. put her free hoof on his shoulder.

"The gentleman leads," she chimed with just a hint of cheekiness. He had asked her to dance, she would be watching him carefully to see if he could walk the walk.

Last edited:

“Oh sweet Nightmother, please don’t let my memory fail me now.” Though Midnight. He could tell that Mint knew what she was doing, the form she had looked well rehearsed. He did remember the beginning well and was pretty sure about the middle of the Waltz he just hoped that he remembered the end in time. There were two things he did remember his mother telling him though.

Keeping his thought’s hidden Midnight smiled happily at Mint, placed his other hoof on her side and said, “Very well.” With that, he begun to dance the Waltz with Mint. While dancing the only pony he looked at was Mint with a face of pure happiness. He was, to his surprise, having fun. If anyone looked into his mind now then they would only see/hear “1 2 3, 1 2 3, 1 2 3, 1 2 3, 1 2 3, 1 2 3, 1 2 3, 1 2 3…”

Uhhhhh okay, so this was happening. Fleur did not know in the slightest how to comfort a pony that just randomly broke into tears. Especially not a pony that she barely knew! The only thing she could really think to do was reach out and pat Octavia's shoulder like one of those stereotypical movie moments. She even ended up saying, "There, there..." but at least her voice was empathetic.

Fleur might be a beautiful model but that didn't mean she had very good social skills. Most of her interactions with other ponies consisted of posing for a camera and looking good. The minute she opened her mouth it was painfully obvious that she was not nearly as charismatic as her looks implied.

"You'll be... fine? Yes, that. You'll be fine. Your grandfather would not want you to be crying over him at the Gala, he would much prefer that you enjoy yourself! Have a drink and get to know some ponies."

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Devotion
Devotion was not used to seeing Mud show any real emotion, so when she actually frowned that made Devotion tear up a little bit. It suddenly made her realize that Mud actually did care about her! She wasn't just a sword to be used, like so many others had often mistaken her for. She hated being called a sword, when in reality that was merely the shape of her prison.

"You... can buy me one of those alcohol things that you all speak so highly of. I want your tastiest one to try!" Devotion suddenly piped up, looking quite a lot happier as she did so. Her golden eyes even sparkled a little!

Trixie
The look on Trixie's face was one of pure adoration. She let out a gentle coo at Starlight's words and pressed her muzzle right into the rook of Starlight's neck! "... This is why I love you." She said with a little chuckle, pulling her muzzle away shortly after. "However, as much as I love that idea, we should probably not do that. Aurora is here. I don't want to get my magic stolen or something."

Trixie sipped at her drink and sighed a little as she watched all the assembled nobles gossiping among themselves. "Want to take a walk out into the gardens?"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Octavia

Octavia would look at Fleur. She wasn't crying, but there was tears, and she looked a little surprised at just how bad Fleur was at this, "I... This is the first Gala I've gone to without him." She'd say flattly, looking at Fleur. She knew Fleur likely didn't have much family with talk with that much, so she wasn't really mad, just upset, "I..." She'd pause, and took a drink of the bourbon, sighing as she shuddered. She'd set the glass down, and looked towards the Ball area. It was loud, and she wasn't going to play any music tonight. She hadn't brought her cello, and she just didn't have the heart for it.

She'd look at Fleur, "So... You think I should have fun?" She'd ask, raising a brow.

Fluttershy would look at Rose as she repremanded Sil, but agreed, "Exactly, Sil, you aren't leaving my side." She'd say, before looking at Val with wide eyes, "It's just a foal!" She'd say, smiling, carefully taking Sil off her head, and very carefully set her down. Sil grinned, and struck a pose, sticking out her wings, strutting around for a moment. She ruled the roost today! Then she flapped her wings and rushed for Val, who apparently was worried about her for some weird reason! Sil would go right up Val, and stood on her hind legs, propping herself up on Val's forelegs, grinning up at her, "I'm Sil! I like Hid and Seek!" She'd say, grinning with excitement.

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Cozy Glow would be wrong to think it is unguarded kindness. Selena is aware of who they are, what they have done; it is a little hard to. They're known throughout practically all of Equestria. But it is genuine kindness. There is little reason to make an enemy of them here and now, when she could perhaps make a friend instead. Besides that, it isn't exactly right for a mare to be left all alone at night. Even Canterlot can be dangerous at this time of hour, with all the guards, princesses, and nobles at the Grand Galloping Gala.

"There is a restaurant nearby that is known for being good. Oddly enough, it has been named 'That Place With The Food'." There is a joke in there somewhere, yet Selena's face remained ever passive. Not even a twitch of the lip. "Perhaps not the fanciest, but when it comes to having the best food, how fancy must you really be?"

She stepped towards the shadows, holding her paw out to Cozy Glow. "We can either teleport or we can walk. Your choice."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Rainbow Dash
"Yeah, we all kinda got into a row over the tickets. We all really wanted to go! Applejack was for business reasons, selling her apples. I wanted to finally met you guys and hopefully make my mark, join the Wonderbolts... funny how fate works sometimes, y'know? Rarity wanted some dashing noble stallion to sweep her off her feet. Fluttershy... I think she just wanted to go meet a bunch of the animals in the gardens. Pinkie Pie was just in it for the party, really."

Rainbow grinned a little bit. "Man, we spent the whole day competing with each other. Doing random favors for Twilight, trying to get her to choose us. Eventually, she actually ended up sending her tickets back to Princess Celestia. We all accepted that we went a little overboard and it wasn't worth going." A giggle left her. "Then the tickets come back, multiplied by three! Poor Spike didn't get one that year, but he did get one the next year."

She went up to the roof with Spitfire, snickering. "Now we all get tickets every year. No need for fighting, just planning how we can do some cool stuff while we're here."

Twilight Sparkle
Kissing Aurora always left little tingles going down Twilight's body, her mind lighting up with fireworks. The works of love are both amazing and mysterious at the same time. No other pony made her feel quite this way before, especially not a stupid crush on Celestia way back when she was still a teenager. Happened to a lot of fillies who were close to mentor-ish figures, apparently.

Twilight nodded eagerly. "Yes, of course! Inside we go!" She followed along Aurora to the ballroom, where most of the party was happening. Being plenty familiar with this place, things never changed too awfully much over the years. "Definitely no dancing yet. Let's wait on embarrassing ourselves until the end of the Gala." She giggled. "I would love a drink."

Aurora being in 'royal mode' did not mean that Twilight was! She didn't particularly have one of those. Being friends with everypony practically meant that she treated every pony like they are her friend. So, fairly casually, in most cases. Doesn't usually extend the same way as she gets treated like a princess too often sometimes.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Mud
Mud saw Devotion tear up, and then smile, and Mud responded in kind. Well, Mud didn't smile, but she stopped frowning and her voice got a little warmer. "Of course. Now technically, which one's tastiest is subjective opinion. I can, however, let you try my favourite." When they got to the bar, she gestured to the pencil-mustached barkeep who was glad of the chance to get away from Starlight and Trixie. "Hello. We'll take two Mudslides. On the rocks. With cocktail sticks."

While he prepared the creamy cocktails, Mud smiled slightly at Devotion. "I mostly order them on the rocks with a stick as a little tradition of mine. A jokey tribute to my parents. But technically, this cocktail is actually much nicer cold and the ability to stir it doesn't hurt either."

Starlight
"I would love to. I think I need some air, clear my head. Loud places full of mindless drones with stepford smiles blowing smoke up each other's chimneys give me war flashbacks to Our Town. If anypony breaks into song and they're not the band, I am committing arson."

As they started to walk out, she coughed and corrected herself. "Not literally commit arson. I'd probably just swear a lot and hide in the little filly's room until it was over."

Mint didn't make any comment during the dance, maintaining an air of pleasantness and matching his waltz with ease, but when that set finished, she giggled. "You were a little stiff, and clearly focusing on what you were doing, but this is the most fun I've seen you have all night. Guess all you really needed was to let your mane down and enjoy the Gala. Bet you even feel lighter already."

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof

"A restaurant in Canterlot called 'That Place With The Food'? If it's still open, you know they must be doing something right. Sounds like the kind of place that prioritizes making large portions of very good food over being 'stylish' or 'gourmet', like all of those place that serve very rich food on very small plates for very large prices. The owner was probably from Lower Canterlot, or Ponyville. Somepony with a cutie mark for cooking and a dream. Am I wrong?"

It was impressive how quick Cozy's mind worked. Always moving several steps ahead, even when it didn't need to. It was no wonder she was able to almost bring Equestria to its knees twice with nothing but her brain and the right help. Cunning on the level of hers was rare even in Manehattan or Las Pegasus. Even when offered the choice to teleport or walk, there was no question of her not choosing only one of those options. Having a friend, and using their powers and skills to your advantage? Or doing the polite and civil thing?

Cozy took Selena's paw. "Not to be too much of a nuisance, but this dress wasn't, heh, made for walking. I'm so sorry to ask it of you..." she began in a """"sweet"""" tone that she fully expected Selena to see through, roll her eyes, and take in her stride. That was a freebie. If you're going to lie, lie over the top. That way, if you need to tell a half-truth subtly, they'll subconsciously compare it to the lie, and will think it's true. Always planning several steps ahead.

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Selena kind of just stared at Cozy Glow while they went off on just being told the name of the restaurant. Oh jeez, what exactly has she just gotten herself into? They were psychoanalyzing the owners of the restaurant based on the name alone, before she's even seen the place. In fact, she was fairly sure they had only just heard of it. What the hell. Guess this is why ponies tend to leave the crazy ones alone, never going near them, always keeping a careful distance away.

Luckily or not for them, Selena is not the very cautious type. "... I do not know, Wing Gambit. I have never been to the restaurant and I do not know the names of the ponies who own it, nevertheless what their dreams may be, certainly not what their cutie marks are." This is about as fine tuned as an answer they would receive for all that being spewed.

If Selena actually minded teleporting, she would not have offered. With Cozy's hoof in her paw, she drew them in closer, nodding. Without another word, the shadows sprang out and wrapped around them like a cocoon, drawing Selena and Cozy Glow in. It was... cool. No light to be had for a moment, just endless black in all directions, as if they had gone blind. The next moment, a light came; white, like at the end of a tunnel, which rapidly approached... the world returning.

They were in Canterlot, but some alleyway where plenty of shadows were still. Selena stepped out, giving a brief sigh. She no longer had a pattern of moving deep space on her fur; instead, she was simply a pitch black panther, save for the eyes. "Come then, just a short walk away now. This was the closest bit of shadows to it."

When Midnight finished dancing the Waltz with Mint, he could do nothing but giggle to himself. He heard what Mint had to say and agreed with what she said. He was a little stiff during the dance and was focused on dancing. He also had a tremendous amount of fun dancing and felt some of the tension, that he did not even realise he had, just drop away. That made him feel much lighter and he could feel some adrenaline coursing through his veins.

Midnight smiled at Mint, giving her a giggle from the adrenaline still in his veins, and said, “Your right, I am having fun. I have not felt like this in a long time.” As soon as he said that, Midnight took a few deep breaths to calm himself. “I’m glad that you accepted my offer to dance.” He said with a massive smile on his face, he decided that he should offer to do something that Mint wanted to do, “Now, is there anything that you would like to do Milady?” Offered Midnight with the utmost respect for Mint.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus
"Yes and you know what's suspicious? Where are all these old ladies going all the time? If you ask me they're up to something that will destroy your world..."
Valentine went very, very still as the baby put it's little hooves on her legs. It was less sticky than she thought but she didn't trust it still.
"Uhh....that's cool Sil. I'm Valentine. I like evil and probably other things too."

Fleur was about as bad as you could get when it came to actually comforting somepony. At least she tried, though. And she tried just out of kindness, not because she wanted to hit on Octavia or anything. "You should probably have fun while you are here, yes. The Gala only comes once a year, you know. The way I always see it, you should enjoy it when it's here because you never know if you'll be around to see it again next year."

Rose promptly brushed Silhouette off of Valentine and frowned at her daughter. "Valentine is not used to fillies, Sil. Don't make any sudden movements or you might scare her!" Rose honestly believed that. For all of Valentine's talk, she was really a big softie.

Rose looked at Valentine and then did the unthinkable... She removed her hat and placed it on Valentine's head. It smelled like Rose, and also blood kind of. "There you go. I need a new hat, so you can have that one. Also it smells bad now."

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Devotion
While Mud went about ordering the drinks, Devotion shut up and just let it happen! She was glancing around and trying to see what everypony was doing, but there were way to many ponies here to actually pay attention to any of them besides Mud! "Oh a Mudslide? It's named after you!"

Devotion pretended to know what Mud was talking about. She nodded her head and smiled widely. "Ah yes, I too enjoy stirring. Sometimes if it's a really evil creature I impale the blade into their bodies and stir their organs around!"

Nobody said angels had to be nice all the time.

Once the drinks were served, Devotion took it and just chugged it all back in one go like a psychopath.

Trixie
Trixie, who was literally about to break into song just to annoy Starlight, stopped dead in her tracks. Arson, huh? Trixie's eyes went a bit wide, and then she showed a devilish smile. "Set fire to it all..." She whispered to Starlight. She was kidding of course. Probably. Maybe?

"You say if 'anypony' breaks into song, but what about me? You liked it when we sang our Friendship Bound duet..." Trixie frowned a bit and lightly punched Starlight as they walked out.

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Spitfire
"What the fuck why didn't Spike get a ticket?" Spitfire was actually offended on Spike's behalf. What piece of shit sends just enough tickets for everybody except one? "I... am just going to assume he was not old enough? I couldn't imagine Pri- er, Empress Celestia, being that rude."

Spitfire said that last word quietly of course. Wouldn't want any solar paladin overhearing and smiting her or something. Crazy righteous assholes. "At least he got to go the year after. Still kind of rude." She shrugged a bit.

"I have pretty much been coming here since I was fifteen. Fifteen when I made the Wonderbolts, and I was always a big enough deal to be invited. I missed a few Gala's though, because of... uh..." She cleared her throat a bit. Best not to talk about that. "... So yeah it's a good thing I was actually here to meet you and wasn't dead in a ditch somewhere. I'm very surprised I didn't hit on you. Were you playing shy?"

Aurora
"Yes dear Twilight, we will hold off on the dancing for now. I believe I just saw your friends Rainbow Dash and her date fly to the roof. I-..." Aurora was cut off by the sudden appearance of one of her personal guards. She was a mare slightly shorter than Twilight, who leaned over to whisper something to Aurora.

Aurora seemed to listen intently, but her guard looked a little... confused. Like she was waiting for some kind of an answer which she was not receiving. The guard looked even more annoyed when Aurora waved her away, and teleported out of the room with a huff.

"Sorry Twilight. Now, why don't you go get us something to drink? I should start making the rounds and talking to all the little ponies who think they are important." Aurora rolled her eyes a bit at that.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Mud
"Just a fun coincidence," Mud answered, "but the moment I heard there was a cocktail called a mudslide, I knew it had to be my drink of choice. The only downside is I didn't like coffee. I started drinking it and acquired the taste just so I could enjoy mudslides. It was destiny. And I was talking about stirring the drink. I actually never hurt another sentient creature before I met you, believe it or not, but adventuring is kinda fun. Not sure if I'd do it without you though."

Mud took the stirrer out and sipped her drink. It was very hard to tell if she enjoyed it or not.

Starlight
Starlight chuckled and rubbed her shoulder that Starlight just punched. "Of course we're different. We do it ironically. Plus you've got a really nice voice. No, if *you* sing, I'm joining in. We could sing a song about how stupid it is to break into song during the Gala. Oh, but what genre would it be?"

"Well, of course. Advenuring isn't a 'fun' job, I can imagine. I mean I can see the appeal. The fulfillment and excitement. But you can't exactly let your mane down and enjoy yourself on an adventure. Not really. That's possibly one of the reasons you were gifted tickets to the Gala." Mint answered, before looking around. What did she want to do now? "Hmmm, well, you could introduce me to your fellow adventurers. We could go outside to the food stalls, or we could get a drink."

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof

Cozy shook herself. Her fur was bristled up as they started to walk to the restaurant, Cozy following Selena. "That was...interesting. And cold. I suppose you didn't feel anything. Can you even feel cold? Forgive me if that's a rude question. I'm just curious. Never seen a....a Star Panther before." It was hard to tell whether that had been ignorance or deliberate. Cozy *seemed* to have misnamed Selena's species innocently, but it was hard to be sure.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Octavia

Octy would look at Fleur, nodding slowly, smiling weakly at the mare. She was trying to do her best. She'd reach across the table, lightly patting Fleur's hoof, "You don't have to cheer me up, let's just focus on something else, alright Fleur?" She'd say, smiling, before looking towards the main hall, "The music they're playing is not that bad, I will admit." She'd say, trying to change the subject.

Fluttershy

Fluttershy would look at Sil, and scooped her up carefully, placing her back onto her back, right between her wings, "Sil... You need to behave, or you want be getting any ice cream on the way home." She'd say softly, getting a few pouts from the small foal. Fluttershy would then turn to see Rose placing her hat onto Val's head, her eyes widening a bit, "Oh wow..." She'd say softly, a bit surprised that Rose would just give away her hat.

Mint didn’t seem to know what she wanted to do but had a few suggestions, this was something that Midnight could work with. “Very well, we can do all three of those things. Let’s get a drink first and if we bump into anyone that I adventured with then I can introduce you to them, even though I suspect you have met a few of them before.” Midnight offered his hoof to Mint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back