• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom MLP - Age of Exploration (Discord Chat Available)

Who Is Best Princess?

• A) Luna

• B) A

• C) B

• D) That sun one

Results are only viewable after voting.
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Sombra had always known that to die, he would be forever condemned. It was something he'd grown to expect in his time as a tyrant. He knew he had no forgiveness coming, but he only wanted to have his family back, and to protect what had been his. Of course, he didn't think that now. He was just suffering because of everything he'd done. He'd watch many people kill themselves, so they could walk around, only to be picked up by some demon, and tortured for the rest of eternity. Personally, Sombra found that he didn't really... Care for being tortured. He'd tortured ponies before, and knew better than to have karma kick him in the ass.

When he felt the shadow aura surround him, he'd crack a tiny smile, thinking that he might be getting out of the horrible place after the past ten years.

When he awoke however, all feelings he might have had about getting to go had faded, and he'd look around at the darkness, feeling the horrible rage and anger directed at him. He'd grit his teeth, and lower his head, bowing slowly, "Forgive me, Master. I... I did not expect those ponies or the dragon to find the heart." He'd explain, though he was sure that his Master already knew of his mistake. Sombra knew better than to ask for more forgiveness.

GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus
Apparently Sombra's bow was not nearly fast enough for the presence surrounding him, as a tendril of shadow lashed out and whipped into his back, sending the unicorn to his knees. The area where the shadowy tentacle hit burned horribly and Sombra would notice that a line of acid was left on his back as punishment by the tendril, burning into his skin. He couldn't show weakness, though... his Master was many things, but forgiving was not one of them. It was best to stay on his knees for now.

"How many times have we done this dance, Chosen?" the voice echoed out, though it appeared all around Sombra from the shadows and did not come from one location. "I give a task. You fail the task. Time... and time... again. Once..." A tendril lashed out against Sombra's hind leg, shattering the bone there and leaving behind a horrible acidic burn. "Twice..." Another tendril lashed out, this time sweeping Sombra's legs out from under him and leaving burns on all of his legs. "Thrice..." A final lash against Sombra's head left him delirious and with acid nearly dripping into his eye.
"Three times you have failed me. But, I am nothing if not a forgiving God..." the voice echoed around the beaten unicorn as dark energy flooded forth, healing Sombra's wounds and corrupting his mind even further. "I offer a chance at redemption... do one final task for me, and succeed... and I will bring your family back from the grave."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Sombra didn't wince from the strike, but it stung enough to bring him to his knees, and he'd let out a low grunt, snarling inwardly. He'd stare at the ground as he heard the voice echo around him. When he heard the voice bring up failing, he tensed, already sensing what would come. It didn't stop the pain from making him grunt louder, much louder, his lips blowing outward as if he were nickering, forcing himself to remain silent as he stood there, not putting weight on the leg.

Not that he had much of a chance to remain standing as his legs got swept out from under him, the burning sensation making tears come to his eyes. He bite his tongue hard enough to cut off the end of it, tasting his own blood in his mouth. The third struck his head, and he'd go limp on the ground, blinking slowly. His head had hit the ground hard, the strong impact adding to his addled state.

The feeling of healing was welcome, and he let out a low sigh, slowlying starting to refocus. He'd open his mouth, spilling blood onto the stone floor, and the end of his... old tongue landed with a wet slap on the ground. Sombra stared at it, before looking around at the shadows, "I will... Master." He'd say, seeing vivid flashes of his family in his eyes. He'd grit his teeth, and look at the floor, staring at his tongue, "What do you wish for me to do?" He'd ask, not looking up.

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof D. Rex D. Rex

The pair were approached by a cheerful looking pegasus. Everything about her syrupy exuberance screamed 'Castle tour guide' even though the only others around were the groundskeeper and a blind rabbit. Her mane was styled in a very large, wild yellow and orange ponytail. Her coat was light pink and her eyes were the color of sandstone. Her cutie mark was a rook chess piece.

"What do we have here?" she chimed. "I don't think I've ever seen a rabbit like you before!"

The mare looked up at Nobody, and offered her hoof. "Hi! I'm Wing Gambit. You must be Nobody."

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide Dumbledoof Dumbledoof

"Oh yes, I do believe I heard about that little incident. Parts of it anyway." He said, thinking back to the bits and pieces he had heard. That was back before she became a princess, if he recalled correctly.

"But even if you aren't around very often, it is nice that you are here. I can't imagine a visit from the stars as being anything but special. But as for your eye's, if it bothers you so much, have you tried asking Luna to fix them? Or maybe one of the other talented magicians." Nobody would kindly suggest.

For being a blind rabbit, she sure was pretty good at guessing where to jump. He'd wager she had a lot of practice. After all, they do say that losing one sense heightens the others.

Nobody smiled back at the bunny on his back,"And it is nice to meet you too. And consider me at your service. Where was it that you were wanting to go?" He asked.

Another Pony entered the scene. The one that reminded him or an orange and cream popsicle. Which certainly wasnt a bad thing. Was his favorite kind. He wasnt all that familiar with the other ponies, he generally tried to keep his head down and not bother them or their more important business. He did remember seeing her though.

It was quite nice that she knew his name, he was pretty used to being overlooked and forgotten, so it was a treat. With a smile, he shook her hoof,"Hello Wing Gambit, and yup, that's me. It's nice to meet you. I was just about to help my friend here find what she was looking for." Nobody said as he gestured towards the bunny on his back.

D. Rex D. Rex Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
"I talked to them a bit about it. Apparently two little ponies had come to bother them, poking at Minor a lot while Major was sleeping...?" She wasn't exactly sure on the details of that encounter. While sure, the constellations chat on occasion, they weren't overly close to each other. Literally. The stars making up their constellations were light years apart.

Solustris sort of slumped in his back, groaning lightly. "I've been meaning to but haven't really... done it yet. Telling your creator that they fucked up and need to fix some part of you has always felt... rude. I dunno. I mean, I guess I should be grateful just for the fact that I'm alive, but I really wish I could see. I hear so many incredible things about what ponies have seen!" She frowned. "It really sucks that I can't see those things, too."

Approaching Luna over the subject had always been difficult. The mare was both a tad bit intimidating sometimes, and well, she didn't want to ask too much of them. Kindness was a commodity in the world that is sometimes very fleeting.

Her eyes went up stock straight when she felt another pony approaching, turn her head in their direction, the various furs on her body rising, making her look bushy. For the first time, her eyes had locked directly onto something, specifically Wing Gambit. She smiled and waved back.

"Hi there! I'm Solustris! The constellation Leper in the night sky!" She said cheerily at them. No reason to be unfriendly to a newcomer! "And, ah, you don't really have to take me anywhere. Just so long as wherever it is isn't really loud, I'll be fine."

"Oh, so you're...literally a star?" the Pegasi answered looking bemused.

"Well, wherever you two want to go, Il'l come with you. I don't have anything better to do. Buuuuut I could offer some suggestions?~" she added with a slightly-too-large grin.

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

Nobody chuckled, "I would not worry so much about it. Luna is a mare that takes pride in her work, I'm sure she would want to fix something if something went wrong. Or maybe there is a reason she made you like she did. And if she cares about, which I am sure she does, then I am sure she would want to know if something is bothering you. You are her creation, after all." Nobody said.

"And even if she can't, she is the mare of dreams. I bet she could show you all the things you wanted to see. After all, it's your dream, and you can do anything in a dream, even see."

"And even then, there are plenty of things ponies have done that don't have to be seen to be enjoyed. Maybe we can find you some in the realm of quite, with the help of Wing Gambit here." He said gesturing to the orangecicle pony.

"And I know I dont have to. But I want to. I like being able to help." He said sincerely. Made him feel like he had a purpose. Twas a nice feeling.

Solustris... blinked at Wing Gambit. "Uh... yes. I am literally a bunch of stars that form a shape in the sky, given a physical form in the shape of a galaxy-styled rabbit. With some weird tails instead of, you know, the normal thing. And a hat." She flicked her top hat idly. "Can't forget the bitchin' hat."

Too bad that Solustris couldn't see Wing Gambit's grin, otherwise she would have caught on to something not being quite right. But since she couldn't, and didn't, she thought nothing of it!

"I'm not going to bother Luna with my eyes. She has better things to do than listen to me piss and moan about not being able to see... like running a country." She mumbled in response to Nobody. Luna could be doing literally anything else and it would be more important than trying to fix her eyes.

Solustris thought a little too highly of Luna to really go through with bitching to Luna. There's a thousand other things she could be using her time on. She's lived for a long time without them already, she can handle however many more years there are ahead of her.

"Interesting..." Wing mused. S.M.I.L.E might like to know more about a creature made of stars in the same manner as Ursa Majors. Of course, Wing didn't want to confine her to a cage. After living that life for several years, she truly appreciated the horror of it. There was nothing to gain from handing this creature to S.M.I.L.E. If it was powerless, it was better off free. If it had abilities, it might be of use to her directly. Wing could see that it was blind. That's good. One less person she'd have to explain herself to. It was amazing how few people guessed her secret. Of course, 'Cozy Glow' brought images of a filly with curled blue hair. It was impressive what growing up and a dye job could do for a pony's appearance.

"If you are Luna's creation, being a constellation, talking to her about your sight really doesn't seem that unreasonable to me," added Wing to the discussion, talking normally now as she walked alongside them.

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

"Well what about the other magicians and Princesses of Equestria?" Nobody asked, walking alongside Wing Gambit.

He held up a hoof as he walked, counting off a few,"Princess Twilight might be able to think of something. There is also Starlight and Sunburst. Princess Celestia might also be able to lead you in the right direction. And maybe Starswirl had an apprentice or something in one of his writings regarding constellation restoration."

"There are others too, And even if they cant do anything about it, then you can have the peace knowing you tried." He added.

"I'd rather, if I have to talk to anypony, talk to the pony who actually knows how I was made. Not the other ones. Princess Aurora might know something, or maybe Princess Silvanus. She seems to be good at detecting life." Solustris wasn't really for sure there. Alicorns were kind of weird like that. Never really know quite what you're getting with them.

She was getting a little bit tired of talking about herself. The eyes weren't that big of a deal, she was just annoyed with Luna fucking up. While seeing like the others would be pretty nice, it isn't something that she's absolutely needed. 1,512 isn't too bad.

Solustris looked at the two of them the best she could. "Can we drop it for now?"

"Of course," Wing replied to Solustris, before turning to Nobody. "So, let's hear about you! Don't really know a whole lot about you, other than that you're the groundskeeper."

She did this for three reasons. One, to please Solustris. Two, to genuinely find out more information about Nobody. Three, to divert attention from her so she could avoid talking about herself as much as possible. If she was to be trusted, she'd have to be honest. Weaving a tale is not how you make true friends, and the one thing she'd learned over the years, not 'don't try to scheme to take power' or 'don't use others like chesspieces for your own personal gain'. No, the one thing she'd learned is that the Power of Friendship only works if you genuinely care about and trust your friends, and they you.

GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus
"We are going to withdraw our focus from the Crystal Empire. It is to well guarded for us at the moment, and has only gotten stronger as the years have passed. Equestria likewise is too powerful for us, especially at Canterlot, the seat of the goddesses. Targeting these places would be foolish of us and would certainly end in your permanent demise."

The shadows around Sombra began to shift and pull away from him, until Sombra was once again able to clearly see the area around him. He was just in a nameless cave. His Master never had one meeting spot and would set up locations all around the globe where they could speak. The cave was nothing important, what was important was what the shadows were doing.

The shadow condensed themselves into a small alicorn shape, and then began to take colour. The shadowy alicorn turned purple in color, with a lighter coat than her mane. The end of her horn and her feathers looked like they were on fire as well. After Sombra got a good look, the shadows dissipated and clouded nearby. "The alicorn I have shown you, is the recently returned Aurora. Her and I have an old rivalry that we must settle. She threatens not only our quest for power, but also the chances that you will ever see your family again. If she were to discover that I live, and slay me... your hopes of ever seeing them again will be gone."

The shadows finally started to fade away. "Find the Mother of Magic, and bring her here. Once I have captured Aurora and consumed her power, no force on this planet will be able to stop us. Not Discord, not the other Goddesses... nothing. We will slaughter all who oppose us, take over this world... and when that is done, you will get your family back."

"Oh and, Chosen... attempting to bring Aurora here by force would be foolish. Perhaps convince her to come with you, or kidnap that Twilight Sparkle pony she seems to enjoy the company of."
His Master said, before finally disappearing entirely.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Sombra would slowly stand, listening closely to his Master. It was all good points, in his mind, that it would not be wise to attack the Crystal Empire, or Equestria. Of course, he'd look around, a bit surprised as and Alicorn began to form from the smoke. He took in the details, before watching the being dissipate. He'd listen closely to his words, and nodded slowly. Mention of not seeing his family sent a cold shiver down his spine, and there was a niggling in the back of his head, but he shook away the feeling.

"I will find her and bring her back to you, Master." He'd say, nodding his head curtly. Convincing seemed like it would be convenient, but kidnapping Twilight? As far as he was aware, she was one of the ones that had banished him... Again. He'd seethe, and rub his head, before looking around the room as the shadows vanished. Left only in the natural darkness of the cave, Sombra growled, and shook himself a great deal. He would have to admit that it felt nice to have fresh air in his lungs, and he'd inhale deeply.

Sombra would make his way out of the cave, looking around the place he'd find himself in. He'd probably need a map if he wanted to get around at all.

Avedon Avedon

Moonlight Mist was watching TV while eating an ice cream bar, which was currently levitating in front of her. Her moms wee away performing a show. Her sister was upstairs studying like a nerd. She wasn't alone, however. She looked over at the grey Stallion who was currently foalsitting her. He was apparently some important pony, who was also one of mom's friends from years back. He looked boring, however. He hadn't even been there twenty minutes yet, though, so maybe he could change her mind. Maybe he was fun.

"So," she suddenly spoke aloud, turning to him. "What do you do exactly? Mom told me your job earlier but I forgot."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Avedon stared down at the tiny filly. She looked boring. Foals always were. Talking about like, their stuffed animals and their cutie-marks. Nightfall had been a cool baby. She saw ghosts. There needed to be more terminally ill foals in the world.
"You know how Luna is crazy and normal ponies are stupid? I'm halfway between her "crazy" and pony's "stupid" to keep those things in check with each other. Though mostly I just kill stuff and move the army around when we go to war."
He picked her up to sort of put her up to his face.
"So like...what do you do?"

Avedon Avedon

From the first sentence this pony said, Moonlight was paying attention. Never before had she heard somebody just get it! Also he said he moved the army around. That's when it clicked for her. That's what her moms had said. This was the Lunar Commander! How...how in Equestria had her moms managed to get the Lunar commander to babysit her? She shook the shock off her face that had crept there.

"Me? Well, I'm studying magic at the Academy so that I can get a bit of paper proving I'm as powerful as I already know I am. Other than that, I like TV, comics, books, and going out and pulling pranks.Sorry, it took me until now to realise I was talking to the Lunar Commander." she added with a bow. It was uncanny. Though her voice's tone sounded like a squeaky Starlight, her inflections and the way she said words was just like Trixie. She was a mini Trixie.

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Well Avedon knew who he'd marry in a few years.

Avedon squinted at this little weird midget-Trixie.
"...You're missing a hat."
He said taking his off and dropping it on her, it instantly covering half her body under her.
"You know you don't need to be going to some Academy to prove you're powerful. You won't get it for a long time coming yet I think, but some of the most dangerous people in the world won't have you figure out how strong they are until it's too late."

Avedon Avedon

Moonlight lifted the hat with her hoof, and peered out from under it. "I know, but mom says I have to get an education and do things properly. Otherwise she'd home-school me. Hey, wanna see me do something cool?" she asked, with the telltale glee of a filly who was about to show off.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
"Why not be home-schooled? You'd get the great and-...well an okay and semi-potent sorceress to show you magic in the form of Trixie, Starlight could show you how to do that-...communism thing she does."
That was about all he knew about Starlight really!
"That's useful probably. And then I could show you how to shoot things and make tea. What else does a filly need?"
He said sitting down next to her and helping her adjust the hat with a smile.
"Yeah sure kid, go on. Show me what you have."

Avedon Avedon

"Yeah, Starlight's actually really strict and wants me to know a lot of magic theory. Trixie would be a cool teacher though. I admit school doesn't teach me how to shoot things and that sounds sweet!"

Moonlight got up,levitated Avedon's hat back on his head and then cleared her throat, before stepping back and sinking into her own shadow like it was a puddle. She then emerged from the shadow of the couch.

"Ta-da! I call it 'shadowporting!' I'm the only Unicorn, filly or adult, I know who can do it!"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
"You and my son both. Calling it shadow-porting, shadow-walking. Just call it teleporting that's literally still what it is! Tele- doesn't indicate the method it indicates going from one place to another! The porting is actually the part that should change if you're going to change anything and that just means carrying. Nevermind, foals do need to go to academy, learn Latin."
He moved to pat her head, smiling though.
"That's still a great trick though Moonlight. Wouldn't expect anything less given your two mothers. If you never met any ponies who could do it, how did you learn it all on your own?~"

Last edited:
Avedon Avedon

Moonlight made a show of sitting down suddenly with a slight thud, and looking Avedon directly in the eyes challengingly. "First, 'port' does mean carrying but in the context of teleporting it means 'carrying something by transmitting it over a distance', which is why somebody can't television or telephone themselves or an object from a place to another place. Second, shadowporting is a different spell to the unicorn spell commonly referred to as teleporting so it needs a different name. Third, 'Shadowporting' is a cooler name than regular old teleporting, and a less pretentious name than 'umbraporting'. Vescere bracis meis ."

She grinned, reveling in the complete destruction of her foe.

"And I leaned it be complete accident. It was actually how I got my cutie mark. It's kinda like my signature spell. Your son can do it too, but I don't think that counts as he's not a unicorn. Plus I don't think he ever said but I doubt that's all he can do."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
"Import/export, portable, as long as it's the primary definition it's still the physically carrying while tele indicates the distance...Though I suppose you could say the shadows are carrying you like Shadowcarry. Still you got yourself a point...in that teleport was stupid to begin with. Also:"
He gave her a little gentle push so she toppled over while sitting down.
"I'm bigger than you."
He grinned and tickled at her exposed belly from this angle with the tip of his tail, holding her forelegs together in just one hoof.
"All that power and now what filly?~"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back