• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom MLP - Age of Exploration (Discord Chat Available)

Who Is Best Princess?

• A) Luna

• B) A

• C) B

• D) That sun one

Results are only viewable after voting.
Characters
Here
Other
Here
"A Goddess huh? i thought you'd be taller!" He said with a friendly chuckle, retracting his hand as he did. He had always imagined gods and goddesses to be much more imposing, even if this pony was almost his size, considering that he knew of dragons that were larger than most buildings. "Well, then what is a Princess, and a Goddess doing here then? This town seems quite small compared to some of the larger Equestrian cities!"

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof

"Now, Moonlight, I don't want you misbehaving in front of a Princess....again."

Moonlight shrank from her mom's glare, and chuckled nervously. "C'mon, mom. That was when I was really young!"

"It was only six months ago and it was Princess Celestia you were rude in front of."

"Fiiiiiine. I'm excited to see Aunt Twilight anyway."

Starlight giggled as her daughter referred to Starlight's old friend, mentor, and the Princess of Friendship, as 'Aunt Twilight'. It was just like her to do that. Starlight was also quite excited to see Twilight again. It had been almost a year since they last talked. After all, Twilight was a Princess and Starlight was a travelling performer. They were both very busy. Plus, Starlight was a mom. Even though, they'd both had this date pinned on their calendars for months. If Starlight knew her old mentor, she'd probably driven herself crazy trying to plan and schedule and organise for this day. Just the thought made Starlight roll her eyes and smile fondly.

She reached the front doors of the Castle of Friendship, and knocked on the doors.

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
There were a few moments of silence when Starlight knocked on the door before there was any sort of answer. "Just a minute!" Twilight Sparkle's psychic voice called out. They were left at the front door for a few seconds longer before it was finally opened.

Since Starlight had come to know Twilight, she's changed a bit. From the way she kept her mane, down to the fact that she wore clothing now. Not typically the average trait for a pony, but for all intents and purposes, she surely started appearing somewhere between royalty and a regular citizen. Which... was actually somewhat correct. Princess of Friendship or not, Twilight still considered herself amongst the average folk still, despite being as not-average as you can get.

Plus, she was carrying a weird wooden staff with a glowing blue crystal for the tip. A grin spread across her face and she leaned it against the doorway. "Starlight! It's so good to see you again!" She beamed, coming forward to give them a quick hug, turning to Moonlight Mist. "And you! You have grown since I last saw you!" She opened her hooves to the little filly in case she wanted a hug as well!

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof

Starlight's mane had also changed a little since the old days. It was cut at neck length and made her look so much like a mom it was slightly scary. Then again, Starlight wasn't young anymore. Everything about her looked like a mom right down to the crow's feet and smile lines on her face. meanwhile Twilight hadn't aged a day, she'd just gotten taller. Starlight was...a little jealous and reminded of it every time she saw Twilight, which was partly when their reunions had gotten less frequent with time.

Nevertheless, she was still incredibly happy to see her former mentor and close friend again, so gleefully returned the hug. "It's so good to see you too, Twilight."

Moonlight Mist giggled, and accepted Twilight's invitation by leap-hugging her. Despite all her attempts to be seen as grown-up and mature at home and at school, she was always a filly around Twilight. "You really think I've grown?" she asked excitedly after the hug was broken.

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Twilight laughed excitedly, catching Moonlight Mist and spinning around with them briefly, bringing the filly in close, snuggling them to her chest. She kept them locked in for a moment or two before releasing them back to the ground. "Oh definitely! You must be at my shoulders now at least!"

She turned back to Starlight and smiled at them. "Why don't you both come in? Tell me all about how your shows with Trixie have been going!" There was a small smirk. "I've actually gone to see a few of them. You know, during my free time... teleporting is great."

The lavender alicorn would then lead the way inside, making sure to grab her staff. Trixie and her... hadn't gotten off on the right hoof right from the start. In fact, she was still a little quick to judge them. But as far as she could tell, Trixie has turned over a new leaf, and she'd like to leave the past behind. No harm, no foul.

Moonlight Squeed, but took a back seat as Twilight lead them in and started talking to her mom. As she did, she looked around at the Castle interior in awe. She never got over the walls made of crystal.

Starlight have a brief nervous laugh. "Oh, you know. Touring always comes with its upsides and downsides. I'm just so glad that I'm back in my own bed, in my own house, with my entire family. I'm very bad at roughing it and there are some, aheh, icy mornings, but I love the performing itself Seeing everypony smiling, and the joy we're bringing them, makes everything worth it. I am surprised to hear you watch our show, though."

Starlight knew that Twilight and Trixie had never seen eye to eye and never will. They just rub each other the wrong way, and that was fine. Well, it wasn't fine fine, but Starlight had accepted it was just part of having both mares in your life.

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
"To be completely honest with you, Starlight, it was at first to make sure Trixie wasn't doing anything bad." Twilight said plainly. Might as well be as truthful as she can with Starlight. "But that turned into simply... wishing to see the shows after a while! You two do a spectacular job on them, it's always a joy to see you both having so much fun!"

In the end, Trixie was Trixie, and Twilight was Twilight. The rivalry was always going to be there. Twilight preferred to just enjoy the times instead of worrying. She preferred to just accept and tolerate rather than try to change now.

With Moonlight falling a bit behind, Twilight turned her head, smiling slightly. They were marveling at the castle like the first that she did! These sorts of structures were typically only found in the Crystal Empire, and not right smack in Ponyville! "At least she lets you bring the fillies along. I love having them around."

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof

Starlight raised an eyebrow and gave Twilight an impish look. "Really? To make sure Trixie wasn't doing anything bad? Just Trixie?" she teased. She knew full well that Twilight's initial misgivings about their relationship were because she didn't fully trust either of them yet, but it had been so long since those days that you couldn't find two ponies who trust each other more than Twilight and Starlight do now. Trixie...used to wind Twilight up any chance she got, and eventually they stopped speaking altogether. They both seem to be okay with this development, though, even though being in the middle of it always brought a nervous chuckle or two out of Starlight.

"Well, thank you for the praise, and don't worry about it. Moonlight loves coming here. She keeps telling me that she wants to be a Princess and live in a castle like this one day." Starlight giggled, looking back at her daughter, who was blushing slightly, and speaking in hushed tones through gritted teeth.. "Moooom, I told you not to tell any of the princesses that..."

GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus

"Huh, that's seven jars short of last years tally," Diamond Tiara jibed, before coughing and smiling politely. "But of course, that's no problem! This is still plenty of Zap Apple Jam, and the Rich family is always grateful for your hard work!"

"Heh, think nothing of it!" replied Applejack. She was dirty, panting, and with bags under her eyes. Diamond Tiara studied her up and down with a worried expression, and Applejack noticed this. The Element of Honesty's smile shrank.

"Now, don't you go thinkin' I can't take care o' myself! Why, Ah'm fit as a fiddle! Could do this whole batch three times over if I had enough zap apples. Don't worry about a thing, y'hear?"

"Of course, Applejack! I wouldn't dream of doubting or questioning you! Just...please get some rest. You've earned it. I'd hate to see this business partnership suffer because you overworked yourself into a hospital bed. Take care of yourself, okay?"

The two ponies civilly said their farewells with a smile. Once Applejack had returned to the farmhouse, Diamind shoed the cart driver away with an upturned nose and a dismissive wave of her hoof, then looked around for Applejack's little helper. Applebloom. Her fillyhood nemesis. Those days were far behind them but they never became friends. Diamond Tiara put on the most """polite upper class""" fake smile she could manage and waved at the former CMC.

"Applebloom! Wonderful! I was hoping I could catch you! I'd like to have a word if you don't mind!"

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

Applebloom had been working hard all day, and it was when she'd hear Diamond Tiara was coming over that she'd decided she wanted to take a break. She'd been relaxing in some shade, her back up against the tree, her hat resting over her face, a quiet snoring sound coming from her as she lay there. She'd woken up when she heard the sound of Applejack and them saying their goodbyes, and opened her bleary eyes, taking a look around, only to realize her hat was in the way...

Lifting her hat, she'd spot Diamond Tiara treading close, and waving. A conversation was coming. Applebloom would inhale deeply, and sigh just as so, and then smiled warmly at Tiara, nodding her head, "Ya here ain't ya? Come on now, get to talkin'." She'd say in her southern accent, slowly shifting to stand, trotting closer to Tiara, then looked down at her, raising a brow, "Yeees?" She'd ask, drawing out her words.

"It's good to see you here, helping Applejack out. That's actually what I wanted to talk to you about. Have you noticed that Applejack seems...overworked recently? Not that she'd ever admit it to anypony, but I think running the farm and doing most of the applebucking is a little too much for one pony. Things definitely run smoother when you're around, but that's not always the case. I suppose what I'm suggesting is...maybe you should stay on the farm full time?"

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

Applebloom would gnaw on her upper lip for a moment, before raising a brow, "Ah got other lines of work lined up fer me." She'd say, sighing, "Plus, Ah know my brother, Mac, would help her out. He's a good one like that." She'd say, smiling, before looking at Tiara's eyes, "So, why exactly are ya suggestin' Ah switch to full time on this here farm?" She'd ask, looking down at Tiara, her brow raising slightly higher.

"Ah, yes. Adventuring. Heading off the the farthest corners of the world, putting your life on the line. Being gone for weeks or even months at a time. All the while you sister, on top of not having your help, is worrying about you every second of it. Have you seen the bags under her eyes? She's literally doing the work of three ponies when you're not here. Four, when Big Mac goes off to spend time with his wife. And we both know she'd never admit to any of it. She'd stubbornly refuse to show weakness. She'd say she wants you to go and do what makes you happy and not to worry about her. But....I worry about her. And I think you should too."

Diamond Tiara's face and tone were ones of concern, but there was something of a saccharine sheen to it. It was not hard to see through it and realise that her reasons for this were business-based, with a dash of spite towards Applebloom, even if she did make some good points.

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

Applebloom, listening closely to Diamond's reasons behind everything, was very well aware of the fact that Diamond's family had a business arrangement, "Ah'm hearin' what you're saying, but the farm has been makin' a lot of money, and Ah've been making a lot of money, which Ah send back to the farm. Did ya know that?" She'd ask, tilting her head to the side slightly. She'd let out a deep exhale, and lower her brow, looking at Diamond with a neutral expression, "... Ya seem awful concerned, Ah can't right remember a time in the past years were ya overly cared." She'd say, "Why now?" She'd ask. She loved her sister Applejack, and wanted nothing more than to help on the farm. But giving her earning from her work was a good thing, and could pay for anything Applejack might need for the next few months.

"Money?" Diamond Tiara replied, laughing politely. "This farm doesn't need more money, dear. It needs more apples. Apple pie, apple cider....zap apple jam," she lingered on that last item. "If you can persuade Applejack to maybe hire some help with that money, by all means, be my guest. That would address my concerns and make everypony happy!"

Diamond gave Applebloom a sly grin. "But of course, we both know her well enough by now to know how that would go." Diamond Tiara cleared her throat, and then started to impersonate Applejack, deepening her voice and speaking with an inaccurately exaggerated southern accent, even if her stern expression and mannerisms (including stamping her hoof on the ground, and at one point, reaching up to adjust an imaginary hat) were scarily accurate.

"Now ah don't need no help, y'hear? Especially not from no outsiders! They don't know how we do things! Land sakes, sugarcube, we gotta keep the runnin' of Sweet Apple Acres in the family!"

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

Applebloom's eyes narrowed, "I was already thinkin' about gettin' her to hire help!" She'd say, snorting. She'd look at Diamond Tiara, wondering about something with a raising brow. After Diamond let off her insulting impersonation of Applejack. She'd tilted her head to the side, cracking her neck loudly, "Tiara. Ah think what yer doin' right now... Is a might petty." She'd say firmly, leaning close to the smaller unicorn, "I will get my sister to hire on helpers, with or without her permission." She'd say, before leaning back, "Applejack is a pony of honesty." She'd state.

"If Ah contracted those that would do the work, it is my contract, she can't break it, and we both own the house." She'd say, staring at the pony, "So stop meddlin' with my family." She'd grumble. After a moment, her face would relax a slight bit, "But thanks for your concern." She'd say, nodding once.

Diamond Tiara was about to say something, but then stopped, and mulled it over for a while, before smiling genuinely, quite impressed. "That's actually a really good idea! Huh. Didn't think you had business chops. Color me impressed! And don't mention it. What kind of business partners would we be if we didn't look out for each other?"

Diamond Tiara offered her hoof. "Well, then. I believe everything's wrapped up here. Take care, Applebloom."

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

Applebloom would raise a brow, grinning that she'd beaten the mare at her little games this time, "Oh yes, Ah'm happy for your concern. Thank you for being a wonderful partner." She'd say, smiling with tight lips. She was still looking down at Tiara, before slowly reaching out, taking her hoof firmly, shaking it in a far more restrained manner than AJ might. She'd smile, tilting her head to the side, "Ah'll see ya around." She'd say, before turning, trotting off to go do some reading.

Last edited:

"Of course! Thank you for being such a reliable and resourceful pony, and a good sister. Ta ta~!" Diamond replied with equally tight lips, and trotted away, the moment her back was turned, her smile turned into one of twisted delight and malice. She'd failed in her goal of ruining Applebloom's life, and that ticked her off and soured the victory slightly, but that could wait. This was still a victory. The Rich-Apple deal benefitted the Riches far more than the Apples at this point, given the rise in value and rarity of Zap Apple Jam, and Applebloom would hire more workers out of her own pocket. She was essentially using her adventure money to pay the wages for several members of Diamond Tiara's staff.

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
After Diamond Tiara had gotten a few minutes away from the farm, she'd notice a streak of fire and light falling from the sky! It looked like a meteor and landed just off to her left, leaving a little smoking crater in the ground. However, it quickly became clear that it was not a meteor because an alicorn climbed out of it! Diamond Tiara would quickly realize that she had never seen this alicorn before... and that it was Lucian!

"... Uhhhhh...." Lucian stared at her and then shifted back into his unicorn form, which Diamond would recognize much more intimately. ".... Hello! Regular old unicorn Lucian here. You weren't supposed to see that. Please don't say anything."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Diamond Tiara saw the form of an Alicorn falling from the sky out of control, and rushed to it. Despite all else, she was still a mare with a conscience. When she got to the crater, she saw....Lucian with wings. Lucian was an Alicorn. She pursed her lips and stared at him with narrow eyes as he recovered, and asked her to keep this a secret.

"Don't worry. I'll keep this a secret. It makes sense to keep that sort of thing discreet. That's why you never told me. I understand," she said, not even making an effort to dampen how clearly pissed off it made her that he'd kept such a secret from her. "So....long time no see."

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Lucian was still the same kind and caring stallion that he had been in the past, so it hurt him to see Diamond so angry. And like always, Lucian wore his emotions clearly on his face. "I'm sorry Diamond. I didnt mean to keep this from you. I was told not to reveal myself to anypony."

He let out a little sigh and moved to rub her shoulder comfortingly out of habit, and then stopped himself. He just held his hoof in the air and then placed it down on the ground again. "... I'm not really an alicorn. More like an angel. I was already a unicorn so having wings just kinda goes with the whole 'angel' thing yknow?"

He frowned a bit. "... I need you not to tell anypony though. Celestia will beat me silly if she finds out I'm not keeping my secret very well..."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

DT didn't even move stop his hoof until she realised the situation the exact same time she did and shrank away slightly as he lowered his hoof. "Don't worry. There's literally nothing in it for me if I talked, so I definitely won't. So, you're an angel? Does that mean you're from heaven, or that you're dead? Or what does that even mean?"

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
"... Uhhhhh..." Lucian scratched his head a bit and frowned at that thought. Was he considered dead if he was an angel, or was he something else entirely? He wasn't exactly sure! "... Yes, I've been to Heaven. As for being dead... I died a few months ago and got elevated to this position for my service to Celestia. Elevated without asking. It's... great."

He totally loved being shoved into this role. Totally.

"FLUTTERSHY!" called out a voice from outside, before a heavy knocking came on her door. Thump. Thump. Thump. Spitfire went to knock a fourth time, only for the door to swing open and she nearly fell forward. Rose was standing there with narrowed eyes and was staring at the Wonderbolt, before just turning her head inside. She took a deep breath in and then blurted out...

"FLUTTERSHY SOMEPONY IS HERE TO SEE YOU!" As loudly as she could. And then winced because that would wake the baby. Luckily Spitfire was expected, so Rose would be taking care of Silhouette tonight while Fluttershy and Spitfire went off to do whatever they were going to do. Flying lessons and drinking or something.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Fluttershy had been in the middle of bathing Sil, and jumped with a start when she heard Rose yelling. She'd quickly finish up, and rushed downstairs with Sil, before coming to a stop. She'd smile at Rose, and wave at Spitfire, "Hey there, Spitfire!" She'd say, grinning, before trotting over, Sil nestled between her wings, babbling happily, having been washed. Fluttershy would carefully give Sil over to Rose, and look at Spitfire, "You said you wanted to hang out with me?" She'd ask, raising a brow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back