Mission Reports

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Here is the OOC thread for the game. I have a total of nine character templates that you can look at; three each in the Global Military Police (GMP), Alpha Tactical Armored Corps (ATAC - Hover Tanks), and Tactical Armored Space Corps (TASC - Logan and Ajax pilots). If there is a tweak you'd like to request, let me know and we can make some changes.

Some background info.

In the late 1980's, a gigantic alien spacecraft crash landed on a small island in the Pacific ocean. As the ship is examined, several things were discovered. First, the ship was built to be crewed by a race of 40 foot tall giants. Second, the ship, even in its damaged condition, could single handedly wipe out the entire Earth military. It takes ten years to rebuild the ship, now dubbed the SDF-1. On its maiden voyage, the other aliens that were in pursuit of the ship show up, and launch a attack in an effort to capture the ship and bring it back home. A daring escape maneuver using the ship's foldspace engine sends the ship and the entire island out beyond the orbit of Pluto, and the SDF-1 has to fight its way back to Earth. The aliens, known as the Zentraedi, were now considered to be 'infected' by the rest of the fleet, and a final confrontation between the enemy fleet and the defenders of the system resulted in the SDF-1 becoming badly damaged and the whole of the planet was bombarded, causing massive casualties across the globe.

The survivors of the Zentraedi fleet struggle to adapt to human culture. Many join the Earth military, and they reveal that they are simply soldiers in a vast interstellar empire that is controlled by another race calling themselves the Robotech Masters. The United Earth Government (UEG) decides to send a powerful fleet out to contact the Masters and try to negotiate peace at the end of the barrel of a gun. As the Expeditionary Force prepares to leave the Earth, a new military force known as the Army of the Southern Cross is now stepping up to take the role of top guns on the planet. You are a part of this new breed of defenders of the planet. Most are young, and few can even remember what life was like before the Zentraedi came to the Earth at all.

Our story will begin just before the Expeditionary Force leaves Earth with the new flagship of the SDF-3. Your first posting is in South America, where you are taking the fight to the malcontent Zentraedi that refuse to adapt to the human culture that defeated their main fleet.

Is it going to make things awkward if people are from the three different branches? If I have read the character stats right the GMP officers wont be able to pilot mechs, just wondering how this will effect combat?

I made sure that the GMP officers have the pilot mecha skill, one is set for the Hover Tank, the other two are currently set to operate the Logan and Ajax. The skill you want to look for is MECT (mecha elite combat training) for the VHT, Logan or Ajax to know what they can operate.

If everyone takes a different MOS, all that means is that you are a special operations group that combines several different groups together. Not a problem.

The big thing about the tanks is their massive armor compared to the maneuverability of the Logan or Ajax. Depends on what you want to go for.

Yup. It is there, just in case I pull out some weird stuff on you guys later on.

Which I will giggle if you do. Speaking of which, I already have a Backup concept for the other RP, if Shiganaru Dies.

I have two of the GMP officers tasked out as pilots of the veritechs, but they don't have the same combat bonuses as the dedicated pilots do. It just depends on what other skills you want to go with your sheet. What are you in the mood for?

Done! Just copy and paste the sheet onto a new post, then you can add in details of your character of age, gender, appearance and background.

Most of your skills are in packages, and you can't swap them out. But the three down at the bottom of the sheet of Gymnastics, Boxing and Acrobatics are all flexible.

Most of your action will be in your mecha, but you can count on at least a few encounters on foot.

Looks fine, but the only thing that you may want to change is that the minimum recruitment age has been dropped to 16. Either way, 21 is fine to start off at. Also, you need to pick a set of weapons; energy pistol and energy rifle issued to you that you would fly with. Don't try and pick a heavy weapon. You wouldn't be able to use them well.

I /did/ pick a Rifle and Pistol- they are at bottom. Did the update a minute or so ago... as for Recruitment- then he signed up 16, and is now 18.

Users who are viewing this thread