Mission Files - OOC Talk

Alright - think the sheet should now cover most of the important things. Let me know what's missing, and if something needs to be changed. Also, feel free to give any advice on spells, psionics and whatever else you can think of.

Where do I find the stats for my light armor? I'd prefer a model that does not interfere with my magic abilities too much... I didn't find any option to buy rations etc. - where do I find those?

Your character looks good. One spell you should keep in mind is Armor of Ithan. It gives you ten MDC per level, but that does help as you level up. 

Since psychie wants a TW truck and motorcycle, I'll let you have a suit of lightweight armor with 35 me with a TW modification of Armor of Ithan spell built in, giving you 50 MDC; all you have to do to activate it is spend the 4 ppe up to three times a day. That will help to keep you alive in a fight.

Sorry, I haven't been able to square away the time needed to read the rulebook and get started.

Sorry, I haven't been able to square away the time needed to read the rulebook and get started.

Any thoughts on what kind of character you'd like to run?  I might be able to give you some feedback.

Not sure, what are we missing right now?

We have a Cyber Knight and a Mystic so far, and I'm putting in an NPC of an Anti-Monster (basically a magical cyborg).  Epiphany has mentioned a Psionic of some kind, but so far, just the two are locked in.  We don't have as yet any mecha or power armor operators in the group, but it is by no means a requirement for you.  I will let you know to make sure you have some ability to face off vs vampires, either with magic or by packing some wooden or silver weapons.  You are going to be running around Texas for a bit, and members of the Fang Gang are plentiful there.

@Silanon I would suggest you try to finagle a skill to take Boxing.  It has the advantage to it of adding one attack per melee.  Very handy to have, those extra attacks.

Sorry, I've had a busy weekend and also started another pbp game up, so this got pushed down my list of priorities. 

I'll take a look at the new rules tonight, see what strikes my fancy.

@SherwoodDon't think I can take boxing: OCC related excludes the option, and it's not available as secondary skill as far as I'm aware of.

Still here and still interested.  Just got home after two consecutive business trips and spent the weekend sleeping/recovering/catching up on chores and childcare.  Today is pretty jam packed with meetings but tomorrow's pretty clear so if I don't have something to submit today, very likely tomorrow!

@Sherwood Which books exactly do I need to get started? Savage Worlds Deluxe Core Rules: Explorer's Edition  and Rifts®: The Tomorrow Legion Player's Guide?

@Sherwood Which books exactly do I need to get started? Savage Worlds Deluxe Core Rules: Explorer's Edition  and Rifts®: The Tomorrow Legion Player's Guide?

I think you have the wrong edition.  I am using the Ultimate rules which is basically the 2nd edition that I am aware of.  If you pull something from that book, it has all you need to make up a character.  Or, you can use a DeeBee from one of the other Palladium books, such as Hero's Unlimited, Beyond the Supernatural, or Robotech.  I have a link to a PDF with all the skills in it, so if you have an idea for a character that you don't have a book for, I can make up the skeleton of a character for you to skill up.

I'll post the skill link after I'm done with this post.

We now have @Vaneheart added to the mix. As I said earlier, we only have the two characters confirmed, but I hope to see more in the next few days as everyone's schedule permits. 

Feel free to compare notes on what everyone is playing to get a good amount of coverage of different races/classes.

@Sherwood Would you mind rolling my stats for me?  Eyeing the two PCs statted up so far, there's no way I'll ever roll that well on my own so I'll take my chances on your luck. :D

Not sure where you are setting the power curve, but I was tossing around one of the following:

Titan Ley-Line Walker (possibly with the Vampire-Hunter-Mage template variant)
Elf Temporal Wizard (the writing would be a huge challenge)
Titan or Minotaur Justice Ranger
Ogre Juicer (either stock or one of the variants)

For a support class, if we needed one, I was thinking Psi-Operator, or a Technowizard.

Let me know if any of those won't work out, or you would like me to go simpler.

@Sherwood Would you mind rolling my stats for me?  Eyeing the two PCs statted up so far, there's no way I'll ever roll that well on my own so I'll take my chances on your luck. :D

Sure.  I'm going to assume a human, so if you choose something else, you'll have to adjust your rolls.  Any PPE or ISP you need, along with hit points and SDC, let me know.

Not sure where you are setting the power curve, but I was tossing around one of the following:

Titan Ley-Line Walker (possibly with the Vampire-Hunter-Mage template variant)
Elf Temporal Wizard (the writing would be a huge challenge)
Titan or Minotaur Justice Ranger
Ogre Juicer (either stock or one of the variants)

For a support class, if we needed one, I was thinking Psi-Operator, or a Technowizard.

Let me know if any of those won't work out, or you would like me to go simpler.

At the moment, I have provided you guys with a TW Powered ATV that can seat seven, and Psychie also has a TW powered motorcycle.  So, if you get a Titan or Minotaur, you'll have to come up with a mode of transport that you'll be able to use to keep up with the other characters. 

If you start with a Technowizard, you can make some other mods to your vehicles, pending on approval.

The Juicers would be cool.  How big is an ogre?  Off the top of my head, I'm not sure.

Ogres are seven to twelve feet tall (base six feet, plus 1d6).

I'm still brainstorming.  So many awesome possibilities.

Ogres are seven to twelve feet tall (base six feet, plus 1d6).

I'm still brainstorming.  So many awesome possibilities.

Indeed.  There are only a few dozen books in the Rifts world alone, not to mention Psyscape and every other system book that you can bring characters in from.

I think you have the wrong edition.  I am using the Ultimate rules which is basically the 2nd edition that I am aware of.  If you pull something from that book, it has all you need to make up a character.  Or, you can use a DeeBee from one of the other Palladium books, such as Hero's Unlimited, Beyond the Supernatural, or Robotech.  I have a link to a PDF with all the skills in it, so if you have an idea for a character that you don't have a book for, I can make up the skeleton of a character for you to skill up.

I'll post the skill link after I'm done with this post.

Just to make absolutely sure, you're talking about this, right? https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/181928/Rifts-Ultimate-Edition-RPG

I thought you might be using these rules instead https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/545820095/rifts-for-savage-worlds

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to find a pdf of most of the books at 4shared.com. It's a file sharing site and it's free. 

Are dragons 1) allowed and 2) comparable in power to everyone else? I'm really feeling the 15 years since last I touched this game.

Also, I'm finding myself loathing the amount of influence my rolls will have on the powerlevel of my character (1d4*100 + 50 MDC? WTF, people?) Would you allow me to roll something a little less random, but with (roughly) the same average. Like 4d10*10?

@Sherwood A couple of dragon-questions before I leave.

1) Can the Metamorphosis power be used at will like most other dragon powers, or is it per day? If it is per day, does it have to be continuous, or can I take 10 minutes here and 10 minutes there?

2) Do you allow Hand-to-Hand: Dragon, or would I be stuck with Basic?

3) The chargen rules say that you roll 3d6, and if you get a 16-18, you add another d6, and if that's a 6, you roll yet a third d6. Are you using that rule, and if so does the Attribute you say we can pick to be maxed start at 18 or 30?

@Sherwood A couple of dragon-questions before I leave.

1) Can the Metamorphosis power be used at will like most other dragon powers, or is it per day? If it is per day, does it have to be continuous, or can I take 10 minutes here and 10 minutes there?

2) Do you allow Hand-to-Hand: Dragon, or would I be stuck with Basic?

3) The chargen rules say that you roll 3d6, and if you get a 16-18, you add another d6, and if that's a 6, you roll yet a third d6. Are you using that rule, and if so does the Attribute you say we can pick to be maxed start at 18 or 30?

1. I believe that the metamorphosis is per day, but the time can be broken up in increments as you wish. 

2. Where did you see HtH: Dragon? Sound interesting. I'll have to check it out.

3. I am using that dice rolling system with 1's and 2's getting rolled again. The "max" start I'm giving is a free 24, not a 30. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back