Millennium City (Multi-Fandom RP)

[Quest] Stand Proud
  • QUEST: Stand Proud
    As the group approached the address Rodimus gave them, they would find nothing but old apartments and warehouses. There was nothing out of the ordinary, until they reached a certain five story warehouse. This was the place...but it was abandoned. There were no lights, shattered windows, and crumbling bricks. This building was in even worse shape than Libra Base was in. At the entrance of the warehouse, there was an African American man in a trench coat and pinstripe suit. He wore a pair of red-tinted glasses and a fedora that covered his dreadlocks. To those using magic, one would be able to feel his extremely powerful magical aura and to others, he exuded confidence and authority.
    The man waits until everyone was at the entrance before introducing himself,“Welcome, my friends! You must be from Libra, that secretive organization with all their special people. Very similar to House of Life, but that is another matter. Welcome to the 21st Nome, formerly of the House of Life, now of the Magician's Guild in Millennium City. I am Amos Kane, the leader of this branch. Please, do come in, we have very important matters to discuss with not much time to discuss them.”
    Amos turns around as the doors swung open by themselves to reveal a swirling portal. The magician ushers the group in.“Come, come! There is nothing to be afraid of, this is but the entrance to the 21st Nome.”
    1538961305160.png

When you finally decided to step through the portal, you suddenly find yourselves five stories up at the top of the warehouse you were just standing before...only now, there was a gleaming mansion where the roof of the building should be. Amos comes through the portal after you and walks up to the massive doorway that guarded the mansion, filled by a thick wooden block. There were no handles to the door, but with a simple mutter from Amos, the wooden block disappeared.“Impressive, no? These are but a few of the many measures we have in place to protect our outpost.”
    A majority of the group would pass through the doorway just fine, but some would find themselves walking into a solid wall of magic. It appears that the common thread between all these individuals would that they be of monstrous/supernatural descent, those who have extremely evil presences within them, and those wielding mythological items. Of these individuals, it appears that Sophitia, Kobayashi, Pallet, Felix, Audun, Vhyjho, Undyne, Papyrus, and Vlad were all stopped by the barrier. Amos looks back at the small group that was halted. He had an unamused look as he flatly said,“Ah, my apologies. Your nature, abilities, or equipment may have accidentally triggered the barrier. We keep it up to prevent...unsavory forces from entering. I will lower the barrier for but a brief moment.”
    Amos mutters a few words as a hieroglyph appears on his fingertips and the doorway. The film of energy that kept the excluded at bay dissolved to form hole that was barely big enough to fit the largest of them. These people would have to move quickly, because otherwise, Amos would close the barrier once again. As they come in, Amos specifically calls out Sophitia,“You best watch out, young lady. Our gods do not have any particular fondness for each other.”As soon as one stepped in, whether or not they were late, they would be greeted by a large hall decorated with Egyptian symbols, furniture, and statues.
    1538961279728.png

Amos gestures for the group to assemble at the center of the room.“I am sure that Rodimus has already told you this, but there is a certain meteorite that has crashed within our vicinity. Normally, this would be a matter for the police to handle, but we have detected very strong sources of magical energy coming from the meteorite in question. It has been making waves in the Duat since it entered the atmosphere. I would send my own people, but I am afraid that the Magician’s Guild has more important matters to address...such as a mutual enemy of ours. Thankfully, Libra was so generous to provide so many unique individuals for the job when I specifically requested a small team of trustworthy operatives.”
    The magician frowns and becomes much more serious in tone.“Regarding that, I suspect that some of you who rely on spiritual or magical power might find something rather strange at the site, perhaps a new power or such. However, I warn you that you do not attempt use such powers. They are very much unknown to us and we cannot be certain of their effects. Recover any artifacts you find and be absolutely sure that you wield them to no capacity until we are able to analyse them. Any questions before you depart?”
    T The Man With No Name Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara ghxstfreak ghxstfreak Ferociousfeind Ferociousfeind P.y.r.a.m.i.d P.y.r.a.m.i.d Zerulu Zerulu remedy remedy jigglesworth jigglesworth domisunique domisunique marc122 marc122 ManyFaces ManyFaces Professor Spacecakes Professor Spacecakes Critic Ham Critic Ham DapperDogman DapperDogman QizPizza QizPizza GearBlade654 GearBlade654 GinkyGotBack GinkyGotBack Maxiliase Maxiliase darkred darkred Rhysie Rhysie

[Quest] Stand Proud - Finished

• “No…! No, no, no!” Emily cried out, backing away from the group--and especially far away from Yuuki’s new Stand.

“I will not… I cannot be denied fate itself! No matter how powerful your Stand is, I’ll spill your guts and take whatever’s left of the arrow for myself, even if I have to cut you all open to get it! You’re finished!”

Emily took a quick few steps forward, planting her foot firmly in the asphalt and twisting to the left of Yuuki, while the blade of the scimitar flung itself horizontally towards the neck of the highschooler. And yet… Yuuki didn’t resist. He couldn’t even react before Anubis was embedded inches within the side of his neck, blood gushing out, then cleaved his head off with just a tiny bit more force. Before anyone could process what had happened, the body completely disappeared, along with his newly evolved Stand. Even Emily seemed disoriented, as Anubis was just as stainless as ever, not a drop of blood coating the blade.

She shook her head and scoffed.

“H-Hah…! I suppose his Stand didn’t offer him anything more except a slight increase to his existing powers, yet even that was no match for me… Anubis, the true ruler of the dead!”

Yet, in the far corner of the battlefield, Mista stood completely unimpressed. The gunslinger swiftly unloaded his revolver’s cylinder into the self-proclaimed God of Death. For once, everyone actually saw his tricks in action. Like nasty, golden fairies, the Sex PIstols zipped about atop their respective bullets, then redirecting them with quick kicks towards Anubis.

This time, however, the Stand was fully prepared, as Emily turned heel, twisting the sword so the flat of the blade was facing forward and effortlessly halting them in their tracks.

“Do you really think you can just defeat me by using the same tricks over and over? Are you really that dense, gunslinger?!”

Kobayashi’s attempt was just as futile as she’d anticipated, with her kick being easily parried.

“No matter what Stand you’ve acquired, you’re all going to die, all just as quickly as your ally before you!”

“Are you sure about that?”

Behind Emily was Yuuki, his head firmly attached to his neck as if it had never left. Behind him was the transformed Deep Purple, plain for all those with newly found Stands to see. Emily froze as Yuuki’s Stand grabbed ahold of her wrist, squeezing it with all its newfound might.

- A few seconds ago… -

I laid there in awe as my Stand changed right before my eyes. It wasn’t just its appearance, something else was different too. No doubt it had gotten stronger, but it wasn’t obvious how. I didn’t have to think about that for long, though, I knew that I didn’t have to think anymore once I felt the sharp blade of Anubis stuck in the side of my neck. It had finally struck me at that point that I’d lost. I had lost this fight, but surprisingly. I didn’t feel angry at all. I couldn’t feel anything anymore. I closed my eyes and wondered if this was what it felt like to be dying right before my head came off.

At least, it should’ve come off. When I opened my eyes, everything seemed to be moving in reverse. It started to feel that way too when Anubis pulled itself out from my neck. It was a strange sensation, having a huge gash in my neck heal itself. It was like slowly tearing off a band-aid, if that made sense. I was starting to understand what was happening, as attacks aimed at Anubis were moving back towards the attackers.

I stood up and watched the world around me move backward, it was like rewinding your favorite VHS tape. As I positioned myself behind Emily, I let out a breath and a purple haze came flowing out of my mouth like cigarette smoke. And just like that, time started to move forward, attacks made their way to Emily and Anubis swung at the space where my neck used to be.

My new Stand was allowing me to cheat death. It was rewinding time to back before I died... A new(ish) Stand meant a new name. Deep Purple Requiem. It wasn’t the most creative name, but it’d do.

- Present -

“I have to admit, if I had never fought DIO and his The World, I’d say you were definitely the most irritating Stand I’d ever met. I can see how Jotaro and Polnareff might have had a hard time with you.”

Try as hard as she might, the possessed Emily could only bare with the pain for so long before she released Anubis, freeing her from her spiritual captivity.
      Before the blade could touch the ground, Deep Purple hardened the air beneath it, keeping it afloat just at Yuuki’s eye level.

“Still, you deserve some recognition. Giving us such a hard time, I really thought we were gonna lose this fight.”

Deep Purple tightened its smoky hands into a fist, keeping them level with the helpless sword Stand.

“What is your command, master?”

Yuuki almost scoffed at the question, as if there was any other way this was going to end.

“You have to ask? Just destroy this piece of shit already.”

What came next was a barrage of punches against Anubis, a hail of strikes going so fast it was almost invisible to the naked eye. Every punch was followed by an explosion created by Deep Purple Requiem, it may have been overkill, but you couldn’t afford to be careless with a dangerous Stand like Anubis. All the while, Yuuki and Deep Purple Requiem were simultaneously screaming, it sounded a lot like the one from Deep Purple’s song Highway Star.

After a good few seconds, the sword had been blown to pieces and the pieces had been pounded into a fine powder. Just to be sure, Yuuki had Deep Purple Requiem detonate the hydrogen particles around the dust pile, erasing them in an instant but small ball of flame.

Yuuki took another deep breath and Deep Purple Requiem was gone, along with what little remained of Anubis. He spat on the ground and started walking back towards the 21st Nome.

"This mission blows."

Yuuki turned back towards the others and their newfound Stands with a nonchalant look.

“I'm going back to the base. Are you guys coming or not?"

T The Man With No Name Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara ghxstfreak ghxstfreak Ferociousfeind Ferociousfeind P.y.r.a.m.i.d P.y.r.a.m.i.d Zerulu Zerulu remedy remedy jigglesworth jigglesworth domisunique domisunique marc122 marc122 ManyFaces ManyFaces Professor Spacecakes Professor Spacecakes Critic Ham Critic Ham DapperDogman DapperDogman QizPizza QizPizza GearBlade654 GearBlade654 Haz. Haz. Maxiliase Maxiliase darkred darkred Rhysie Rhysie Sleek Sleek

[Fluff Quest] Hallowfest... Oktoberween...? Goddammit, someone come up with a name for this!
  • Another hour, another grueling mission struck off the checklist. It was hard to believe little over 8 hours had even passed since the group arrived in Millennium City, especially considering the level of crushing exhaustion that afflicted the majority of them.
    The exterior of Libra base was as unwelcoming as ever, the loose bricks and flickering lights that occasionally illuminated the frosted glass windows not making it look any more presentable. The only thing even indicating that it was Libra base was the open front door that creaked with the swaying of the wind, letting observers peer into the interior of the HQ even at a distance. Someone should probably close that before people start to notice.

Regardless, upon entry, the first thing that struck (mostly) everyone as odd was the presence of Rodimus and the rest of the crew. Rather, the lack thereof. Aside from Doomguy and two apparent newcomers, the base was strangely desolate. Zapp’s ear-piercing music wasn’t blasting over the intercom, Rodimus and his rotisserie chicken were both eerily absent, and Klaus wasn't around to criticize them or read and look smart. Oh well.

Home-ish sweet-ish home-ish.

... Aaaand then the light switched off. No one had time to even process what was going on when they quickly switched back on, but not in the same hue you remembered. The abrupt introduction of neon pink and orange lights briefly blinded you, accompanied by an unfamiliar hip-hop track in the background. Once your eyes adjusted, you were met with a scene that looked a lot (un)like your headquarters. In place of the expansive living room of Libra base was, in comparison, a cramped, nigh-claustrophobic space. A bar--one much busier and livelier than HQ, despite the overwhelming difference in size--with cobwebs made of silly string adorning the corners and tiny bedsheet ghost made from badminton shuttlecocks dangling idly from the ceiling. In similar fashion, most customers were dressed as what some of you may have recognized as fictional characters and creatures from folklore, old movies/books, or even modern-day pop fiction.
    Seats and tables were lined neatly beside the large, purple-tinted windows to your right which let everyone peer out into the lively, rainy-day city center, indicating that you were somehow transported from the Lower Class District to the Commercial District.

On the far left was the far left was the bar counter, behind which stood the bartender--a young, purple-haired woman in her mid-20s, wearing an intricately-designed witch costume, tracing the rim of a glass with her fingertip with a matching look of boredom on her face.
    Opposite to her was a lean, skull-faced creature, flames spewing out of every single crack, crease and orifice in its bones. Its black leather jacket and pants didn’t wrinkle or shift in the slightest as it rose from its stool, almost as though they were fused to its body, creating the illusion of a skin-tight, or rather, bone-tight suit. Castle and Logan could also probably notice the similarities between it and Ghost Rider.

A low growl emanated from the skeleton as it slowly approached the group, drawing the eyes of all customers in the bar to it. They nervously tensed, some even reaching for their weapons or preparing to cast spells in order to subdue it, but before they could, it…
    … Reached behind its own skull and yanked it off like a silicone mask. Underneath was none other than your friendly neighborhood Rodimus--more specifically, his human holoform counterpart--who let out a hearty chuckle as he approached the group. The customers all let out a semi-audible, unanimous sigh of relief and returned to their conversations as the Cybertronian began to speak.

“So? How’s my costume?” The Autobot splayed his arms in a presenting manner, a mischievous grin stretched across his face. “I didn’t actually make it, it’s just a thing I can do with my… drum-roll, please… new and improved holoform projector!” Rodimus waved his palm in front of his own face, shifting his appearance between his original Marty Mcfly disguise, Steven Seagal, and a few other unrecognizable characters, before returning to his Ghost Rider costume.
    “Even got a Hell Charger paint-job for my vehicle form. But enough about that. See, Valhalla--the bar, I mean-- couldn’t really choose whether to celebrate Oktoberfest or Halloween, so they said screw it and did both, so now everybody can get stupid drunk WHILE wearing stupid costumes. And for you guys, we took the liberty of installing Outfit Printers in the restrooms, so you can change into your costumes… In the... toilet stalls.” Rodimus paused for a moment, realizing the inconvenience of the situation, before he just shook his head and sighed, his previous look of joy and eagerness quickly switched out for one of comical frustration.
    “Look, we didn’t have anywhere else to put them, so just deal with it and go have fun. The drinks are all hyper-caffeinated, so they should keep you awake for another two days. Only side-effects are a 25% chance of becoming clinically depressed, but most of us already suffer from that so it shouldn’t be that big of a loss.” The Cybertronian planted his ass back on his stool, swiveling around before he pointed towards the restroom door in the back. Of course it was unisex, did you expect a couple billion doors for every gender that exists in the multiverse?

“Alright, go put on your costumes. Happy Hallowfest… Oktoberween..? Whatever, drinks are on me.”
    Begin Fluff Quest: "Hallowfest... Oktoberween...? Goddammit, someone come up with a name for this!”
    Objective: Drink your sorrows away.

Last edited:
    [Quest] Questions of a Dead Man

• Questions of a Dead Man:

Quest Premise: Disturbances in the Libra base? Signs of possible intruders? Those who returned to the Libra base (mostly) sober have to get to the bottom of the situation. One misstep can lead to an early demise. Keep your eyes and ears open, not that it'll help.

Quest Participants:
      - Guido Mista Haz. Haz.
      - Yuuki Yoshida GinkyGotBack GinkyGotBack
      - Vhyjho domisunique domisunique
      - Marie Ferociousfeind Ferociousfeind
      - Eric YellowTemperence YellowTemperence
      - Asriel Sleek Sleek
      - Thel 'Vadam jigglesworth jigglesworth
      - Vitan Chungchangching Chungchangching
      - Emile QizPizza QizPizza
      - John Hancock June Verles June Verles
      - Levi Kazama Centurion_ Centurion_