• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy MIDGARD: Of Gods and Men Interest Group

capMARVELOUS

Acclaimed* Light Novel Author Tatami Enjo
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Viking-Village-01.jpg

The god Thor is dead.
Odin the Allfather has hidden away his dead son's hammer, the famed Mjolnir, in a far corner of the northern lands of Midgard, and laid many a powerful spell upon it, protecting it, keeping it hidden from those unworthy of wielding it. Only a true hero, who has proven his mettle in the trials that stand between him and Mjolnir, can even stand a chance of finding it, and even then, it may still reject him.
Many have set out in search of the legendary hammer, eagerly hunting for it so that they may be granted the powers of the thunder god and ascend to Asgard to be seated among the Aesir. And every one has failed. Now a new band of travelers sets out across Midgard, desperately hoping that one of their luck will be different.
You are one of these travelers.
May the blessings of Odin go with you.

MIDGARD: Of Gods and Men
Interest Group | Main Gameplay Thread | Character Factory | Chat Club
God of War made me do it.
The basic plot of this game is as you read above: you'll play as a member of a band of travelers embarking on a quest across Midgard to find Thor's hammer Mjolnir and ascend to godhood. It'll be a challenge, with monsters, demigods, maybe even Aesir themselves standing in their way.
Hit me up if you're interested, or have any questions about the game. Three interest posts and I'll make the necessary threads.

Last edited:
Would it be possible to play as other races in Nordic mythology? Elves, Dwarves, Giants, etc?
It is possible, yes. It'd form an interesting team dynamic, seeing as, depending on your chosen race, your character may be largely distrusted by the other members of the party. I'd prefer to keep these limited to just a few, though.

UPDATE June 12:
Character Factory created and added to opening post.​

UPDATE June 13:
Chat Club created and added to opening post.​

Are there any guidelines and restrictions as to what magic one can have?
Obviously, nothing godlike. You aren't allowed to be blessed with magical strength large enough to hurl a mountain into the sea, or fire magic capable of starting a blaze with a snap of your fingers, or anything of that ilk. Aside from that, there's not really any restrictions. You can have magic that lets you see in the dark, shoot small bolts of lightning from your fingers, make plants grow, talk to animals, cause a small snowfall, and other such things.
Most magic also has some sort of connection with the elements of the world: ice/snow, plants, fire, water, light, etc.

Obviously, nothing godlike. You aren't allowed to be blessed with magical strength large enough to hurl a mountain into the sea, or fire magic capable of starting a blaze with a snap of your fingers, or anything of that ilk. Aside from that, there's not really any restrictions. You can have magic that lets you see in the dark, shoot small bolts of lightning from your fingers, make plants grow, talk to animals, cause a small snowfall, and other such things.
Most magic also has some sort of connection with the elements of the world: ice/snow, plants, fire, water, light, etc.
How about a wee bit of necromancy?

How about a wee bit of necromancy?
D e a t h i s a n i m p o r t a n t e l e m e n t o f t h e w o r l d.
(A wee bit of necromancy is allowed, though straight-up raising the dead is something only the Aesir can do. On the level our characters are at, you can summon and talk to spirits for a short while at best.)

I wasnt thinking like raising an army od zombies but maybe like briefly waking Up a corpse to ask them a few questions And suchlike.

I wasnt thinking like raising an army od zombies but maybe like briefly waking Up a corpse to ask them a few questions And suchlike.
Yeah, that can be done also. Though it all depends on how long the corpse has been a corpse.

UPDATE June 14:
Main Gameplay Thread created and added to opening post.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back