• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom MHA New Gen OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
It took me a while to find this. Just my luck, I chose the most difficult Quirk to manage. Not to mention it's not at all offensive. Ah well. A limited character with nonoffensive but powerful (if done properly) Quirk will be interesting to roleplay as.

If this doesn't work, I can always do a more veristile Fighter-type character. I have plenty of those.

Also I love the fact that I'm the only one who did a live person as my character.

Haha yeah, I’ll admit I was surprised at your cs in general, but I definitely agree it’ll be an interesting character. I think because it’s a roleplay of an anime, most people go for cartoons. Also, would it be spammy and annoying if I tagged everyone who posted a CS and hadn’t started yet in a post? I feel like if people are in the same situation as SomebodyElse they might appreciate it, but idk.

Haha yeah, I’ll admit I was surprised at your cs in general, but I definitely agree it’ll be an interesting character. I think because it’s a roleplay of an anime, most people go for cartoons. Also, would it be spammy and annoying if I tagged everyone who posted a CS and hadn’t started yet in a post? I feel like if people are in the same situation as SomebodyElse they might appreciate it, but idk.
It's your RP. You ultimately decide. But if tagging them let's them know the RP has started then I see no harm in it.
And thanks. I never roleplayed such a limited character before. Generally my characters are very powerful and capable, with great offensive capabilities to boot. So this is a fresh change. You will see what I mean when you see my other characters.

Alright thanks for the input, I don’t know a whole lot about the “culture” of this site, I know on some sights it’s wildly unacceptable to go around tagging people all willy nilly. I definitely have a comfort zone with my characters, and when I try to step out of it they always end up like the rest of my OCs. That’s more about personality, though.

sxperhuman sxperhuman Venchi1986 Venchi1986 PlusUltra PlusUltra
Okay, bit of a tagging post!
As you can see above, SomethingElse hasn’t recieved notifications about the fact this has started. That’s why I’ve tagged everybody who has posted a CS and not a starter. Please take your time and don’t feel the need to rush through it, this is just to let you all know what’s happening :)

It took me a while to find this. Just my luck, I chose the most difficult Quirk to manage. Not to mention it's not at all offensive. Ah well. A limited character with nonoffensive but powerful (if done properly) Quirk will be interesting to roleplay as.

If this doesn't work, I can always do a more veristile Fighter-type character. I have plenty of those.

Also I love the fact that I'm the only one who did a live person as my character.

I really like your characters quirk cause it's different. Kinda like Shinsou, she'd have to think outside the box since the hero course exam is kinda offense driven.

Also who is that in the picture you chose, is she from a TV show or something?

I really like your characters quirk cause it's different. Kinda like Shinsou, she'd have to think outside the box since the hero course exam is kinda offense driven.

Also who is that in the picture you chose, is she from a TV show or something?
Yes, actually. And a couple of movies as well.

As matter of a fact, this character is a first for me. The Quirk is powerful, yes. But it is not offensive so I am forced to think outside the box. It's a first because I usually go for fighter-types.

Yes, actually. And a couple of movies as well.

As matter of a fact, this character is a first for me. The Quirk is powerful, yes. But it is not offensive so I am forced to think outside the box. It's a first because I usually go for fighter-types.

I see, that would be interesting to write. I like the direction you're headed. This is actually my first bnha oc so I went with something kinda simple.

I see, that would be interesting to write. I like the direction you're headed. This is actually my first bnha oc so I went with something kinda simple.
Thanks. I am used to semi-invinicible characters so playing a character that is basically human will be very interesting. I am concerned though that I won't be able to pass the entrance exam. Even with the parkour skills I added.

Thanks. I am used to semi-invinicible characters so playing a character that is basically human will be very interesting. I am concerned though that I won't be able to pass the entrance exam. Even with the parkour skills I added.

I imagine her situation would be similar to Midoriya's in which she struggles to get combat points, but the nature of her quirk and her alliance with Evelyn could be a good opportunity for her to earn rescue points.

I just realized that my Quirk might become .... how should I put this? .... too powerful? Because I didn't exactly put a limit to it. I mean there are limits. For example, she has to focus on someone to read their thoughts. Hmm. I may need some other limits as well.

PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss Just to check, is her quirk actually reading the mind? or more a divination effect?. As the Former would result in her getting nothing from Jane

Last edited:
PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss Just to check, is her quirk actually reading the mind? or more a divination effect?. As the Former would result in her getting nothing from Jane
A divination effect mostly. Her Eye supplies her with infromation about people, and will occasionally tell her their thoughts processes as well. But only if she focuses on someone. And besides, she wasn't trying to get into her thoughts. It literally said in the post.

The post kinda was her thoughts though, but yeah just checking since actual mental effects are not really something that work on Jane so was just making sure.

The post kinda was her thoughts though, but yeah just checking since actual mental effects are not really something that work on Jane so was just making sure.
If it didn't work then I would have immediately have edited it. But the way I was thinking, she was just being supplied infromation about her.
I already see a problem with this so I might just drop this part of her Quirk if players are getting annoyed by it.

I mean might just be me, the Meta-gaming aspect on the player characters might kinda remove some RP potential with things being instantly known without interactions.

I think that aspect of her quirk is fine as long as you give it limits. That's my take but I may be misunderstanding?

I mean might just be me, the Meta-gaming aspect on the player characters might kinda remove some RP potential with things being instantly known without interactions.
I haven't considered that.
I think that aspect of her quirk is fine as long as you give it limits. That's my take but I may be misunderstanding?
I plan to give it limits. Having an all-powerful, all-seeing character will kind of get boring after a while. The last all-seeing character I had was sidelined to just an observer that never took part in plots. And as PlusUltra said, it removes RP potiential. Hmm. Yes. I am definitely giving her a limit to how much she can see and know about someone.

I think a good possible limiter would be similar to Shinso, where he has to have the person answer a question to control them. Possibly the two would have to make eye contact for the eye to learn anything other than just basic information, such as name and quirk.

I think a good possible limiter would be similar to Shinso, where he has to have the person answer a question to control them. Possibly the two would have to make eye contact for the eye to learn anything other than just basic information, such as name and quirk.
I will consider that. The Quirk was meant to be visual anyway. Though her learning a name and Quirk is already pretty powerful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back