• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Metastacia

SomebodyElse

Caught in a storm
Metastacia. It means to evolve, to become more than normal.
dying_light_by_ninjatic_d70zh2f-fullview.jpg
The plague is starting to get out of control. The water supplies slowly become more contaminated each day. The rats, don't forget them either. They overrun the poorer parts of the city. But the plague is but the least of our worries. The city is built on a lie. A lie that spans hundreds of years. You've probably grown up witnessing it all. The rich get to do whatever they want. The rise and fall of many nefarious masterminds. The Shadows of Cults. Murders that occur in the streets. Yet the blissful hope of invention. That's what keeps Metastacia intact. Metastacia is an ideal. It's an ideal that we can rise over our problems and solve them for the betterment of society.

Steelhollow once was a city of heroes and villains. Early in the city's history great heroes would fight battles to protect the city against evildoers. However vigilantism was outlawed and dealing with villainy was left to the local authorities. The world of Telestrial has been driven to great feats of technology due to the harvesting of Equinox, a mineral that has magical properties that allow all sorts of inventions to be constantly made. Steelhollow has the largest deposits of Equinox in the world and has become the driving force of technology in Telestrial.

One out of ten people in Telestrial are born as an Arcanic. A Arcanic possesses a special power unique to them although it isn't uncommon for some Arcanics to have the same power. Some may go their entire lives without ever awakening their Arcanic Powers. It takes incredible stress or pain to awaken one's inherent powers as an Arcanic.

Steelhollow is ruled over by the Commonwealth, a government consisting of "Agents" that are sworn to protect the city and it's citizens. However most of the time they tend to only do paperwork or handle official duties. The Action is typically handled by the local authorities, also known as the Bluegard, the local police force in charge of dealing with crime and first response, as well as handling investigations. The problem arises with how inefficient the system has become, allowing criminals to largely get away with black market sales, and crimes aren't uncommonly left unsolved. The Snowfall Festival is about to begin. And unbeknownst to the civilians everything is about to change. The lies of the city and it's history are about to resurface. A festival parade and a market has been scheduled to occur on the 25th of Snowcharter.

locations:

1st District:
Laveska Theatre
Commonwealth Committee Tower:
1st District Streets:
1st District Square:
Marketplace:
Moonlight Coffee Shop:
The Royal Barracks:
Haciendo Drop:
Temple of The Arcane:

2nd District:
Thunder Alley:
Equinox Mines:
Barrens:
2nd District Streets:
Children of The Lamp Hideout:
Abandoned Emplorium:

3rd District:
Oakwall Square:
Oakwall Mall:
Oakwall Pizzeria:
Oakwall Museum:
Oakwall Downtown:
Oakwall Transit:
Oakwall Academy:

4th District:
The Great Tailor:
The Docks:
The Statue:
The Garden:
Fabio's Farm:
The Falconeer:

5th District:
Graveyard:
Felix Docter Shop:
Black Market:
Castle Uladore:
City Gates:
City Watchtower:
Blood Road:

So yeah this whole RP you can basically be whoever you want. I legit don't care if you play as a merchant, a soldier, a street ruffian, a rising musician or whatever you think of. be a member of the bluegard or a agent of the commonwealth or perhaps a criminal, go for it.
I will say that different age groups will include characters in the ages of 16-25 and characters that are like 30s/40s and older having different roles in the story.
The story will not focus necessarily more on different age groups of characters but rather have them diverge and have their own part of the story to play while sometimes running into eachother.
I would love for this RP to cap at around 10-12 people and no more so it's not ridiculously hard to keep track of everyone.

This will be an anime-like RP with anime or semi-realistic face claims. The vibe i'm going for is a shitty corrupt city where everything slowly just gets worse and worse as time goes on. Our characters will come together to discover clues left behind and find out the secrets being held within the city's history as well as deal with a rising criminal organization known as the "Children of The Lamp"

I do have an idea for a character heavily involved with eldritch cults and such, but there's a pretty wild twist I have in mind for them that I'm not sure if you'd be up for. Would you like to talk about it in DMs?

I do have an idea for a character heavily involved with eldritch cults and such, but there's a pretty wild twist I have in mind for them that I'm not sure if you'd be up for. Would you like to talk about it in DMs?
If you wanna send me your ideas in a DM, we can discuss them

would be interested to take part in this. i really want to make an arcanic and have them awaken in a lyrical way.

Hopefully we can get some more interest. Not sure how many we really have for sure but I'd like to see a good amount of interest before I try moving things along.

Interested! Is it possible to make a character that uses/creates a drug which involves a crushed form of equinox as an ingredient? (Yes kinda sounds illegal)

Interested, the whole concept is quite intriguing and full of possibilities. I have a character idea...well inspiration really, would just like to tell you about it in DMs if you're alright with that.

Well this is certainly giving me Dishonoured vibes, a game that I adore the hell out of so colour me intrigued if you'll have me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back