• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Mental Apocalypse

Amy looked worried. "I looked at that blood sample, and I figured out what would happen to you!"

She started pacing, getting ready to launch into a rant.

"You see the blood sample had this one really weird part in it that means this thing will happen to this thing which will then develop into this horrible virus thing and then it will travel into your heart and do this thing and yeah." She looked up at Madi expectantly. "Get it?"

"... Was that proper English?" Madi asked slowly. All she had really head was "this thing will happen to this thing which will then develop" and then "travel into your heart and do this thing". "Are you saying I'm going to die?"

A shiver went down Madi's back. Even thought she felt like dying, death was a scary thought. What would come after? Would that just be it, death? Or was there something after, like a Heaven or a second chance? Would... Would she see him again?

Amy shook her head impatiently. "No, what I mean is that you won't be able to heal. I guess the bleeding will stop, but any wound of yours will not heal, and it will be left open for infections and things like that."

She pointed at Madi's neck. "Like that."

"So I'm just a ticking timebomb," Madi stated bluntly, reaching a hand to her neck. It had been feeling weird, and it hadn't even begun scabbing yet. Oh s***, she was so screwed. Unless they could find this "cure", she was done for. There was no way it couldn't get infected. S*** s*** s***.

Hunt listened to the apparently friendly sapien critters. A cure? Is that what his creators took as they woke him up?

Was it the pills they gave the guards right before those people they invited in fell to the ground? Hunt slowly took a few steps towards the one frantically talking about the so called cure.. Was she a member? Hunt studied the girls face breathing out on her. She looked like one.. Of Them

But wouldn't she be there? What were They doing? All Hunt knew was, they had left him.. He had seen the flying machines taking Them Away.

Hunt idly looked around. Maybe... What these survivors seek is at the building..With my size I have never been inside.. Maybe that is what the frantic critter is speaking about? Hunt turned his head, fixing it on Amy, staring at her. The one on my back.. Two more.. Maybe three? I know I can hold one.. With a sudden movement Hunt laid down on the concrete again. I can still smell a sapien critter. But it is not by this group. Hunt stared at the building behind them. Was one of the scientists alive or was it one of the survivors that the others had left behind?

Oak

Oak gulped. This was dangerous. There was no magical healing here, it was just cold, hard reality, and it got even colder and harder. The human advantage, the part of them that allowed for them to just barely get on, was gone now. There was no "barely" anymore. Survival without the survive.

Oak sighed. "Well, Amy," he snarled, "That's just fantastic, isn't it? Thanks for the great news that we're all going to die. This is really the first time that thought has come to us. I mean, we came to this lab, this, this, this horrible nightmare of science, and that is what we came for? That information that we can't heal wounds from Psychos? I'm not sure if you noticed, Amy, but Isaac di- uh, just... well, he's gone. Because of this mission."

Oak collapsed onto the floor. He needed to punch something, he needed all that steam out of him. "I mean, what is the point? Are we even close to a 'cure'? And let's say we do. That by some miracle, we all survive. We celebrate a bit, we cure Madi and all the rest who got bitten, but what about the actual Psychos? They're still out there, and that's like... let's throw around a number. Let's say 75%. 75% of the human species is a mindless zombie. And guess what? The survivors? We're all insane. What's the- what's the flopping point? Why are we trying so hard?"

Oak sniffed. He didn't mean to go on for that long about that. He should apologize.

"And plus," Oak muttered, "do we even know if there is a cure? Chances are, we're going to have to come up with it, and that's, well, not ideal, you FLAPJACK."

Oak was confused. He had meant to say sorry, but he just ended up yelling again. What had happened to him?

Madi listened to Oak's longwinded rant with wide eyes. He wanted to give up? After all of this? With a firm resolve, Madi slid off the wolf's back and crouched down in front of Oak.

"Look Oak, I get it. Really, I do. I'm starting to question why we're fighting this also. But we all have to stop tiptoeing around the truth. Isaac... He's dead. Dead, for us. But for what? Are you going to just throw it all away because you're feeling down? We can not let him die in vain. We will find this cure, and if not, we'll look for a way to stop all of these Psycho's. We may all be insane, but that is no reason to quit now. I don't care if there's a cure for me, because my recklessness is bound to get me killed out here anyway. The other 25% of the human race has to live. We'll figure this out, okay?" Madi said.

Amy looked at Oak, her face carved like stone. "The reason that we came here was to find out what would happen to Madi because she got bitten. When I figured out what would happen, I understood why it was so urgent to find a cure. As far as I know, the cure should be pretty simple. And- HEY! Back off!"

She glared at the wolf and Oak. "Don't blame me for trying to do the right thing."

"Alright, let's stop fighting. It's accomplishing nothing but giving me a headache. Now, we need to move. The smell of blood is probably attracting Psycho's, if they're as zombie-like as we think they are. We have to go back inside, grab supplies, and then move out," Madi said, standing up and brushing off her knees. The action accomplished nothing but smearing blood on her hands.

Lee

Lee knelt down next to Oak. Lee had never seen Oak so miserable. He was always joking, even when things were horrible, and when he had been told that his father was hit by a car, he replied with "He must be tired." His humor was practically a fact of the universe.

But now he was angry. Lee had never seen Oak being angry. Quite honestly, it was heartbreaking.

"Oliver," Lee said, "I know you're upset. And you're clearly very hurt. But you have to have hope. Just think. Can you really give up now? Is that a logical decision?"

Oak

Oak scowled. They were right. He was being childish. He still wanted to punch something.

"Sorry, Amy," he finally said, "At least you're not trying to do the left thing."

Oak groaned at himself.

"Just... I don't know. Pretend I made a good joke there." Oak clapped his hands to brush off the dust from the floor and nodded at Maddy. "We should take Isaac with us and bury him somewhere nice. Any plans after that?...boss?"

At least, now we know things can only get better from here, Oak thought. Also, we have a dog now. Dogs are cool. Wolves are cooler. Huh. That is one way for things to get worse. Better not let that happen, then.

Hollywood Truth #2: Hope is one helpful little sucker.

Madi cringed as Oak so bluntly state his name. True, she had also said it a few minutes ago but she had been so caught up in thinking of a good peptalk that it just slipped by her. There was no pretending that she hadn't heard that. Well, "boss" was a name she could get used to.

"You're right, we should. After that... I suppose we go searching for the cure. There isn't much that we can do otherwise."

Amy, still glaring at Oak(and the wolf), nodded firmly. "Good. Where did Natalie develop the theory that the virus did not affect the mentally unstable?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Hunt switched his attention as each person spoke to the others. Apparently, these must have survived by pure luck.. They seem so uncoordinated, so lost.. Disoriented? That is the word.. Hunt too a few steps back, sat himself on the concrete.. And howled. Loudly.

This should make them work together.. I can lead them to Their building.. I can carry them.. But whatever they find, I will not be able to help them.. Hunt howled again and again. Finally stopping he looked a bit goofy on the survivors, he arfed and stuck his tongue out. Get packing. Hunt always enjoy playing with survivors. He did atleast like the dwarfy one, she wasn't yelling as much as the other two. There were also the silent female, she didn't speak much.. But the uptight one wasn't really nice, and the male seemed just heartbroken.. Hunt had every right for himself to play with these. The dirus sapiens were not going to attack him.. And win.

dr9l5d.jpg

Oak

Oak frowned. "I don't actually know where we heard that. It was... uh... There was a thing... I think Maddy mentioned it at one point? Oh, wait. Someone told me... Uh... Natalie said she read in a hardware store."

That's weird. Why was that information laying around in a hardware store? Oak thought.

Last edited by a moderator:

Madi sighed. "Actually, we found the computer back at a hardware store by the hospital I was in."

Before she could elaborate, the wolf started howling quite loudly and she cringed. Sending the oversized pup a dark look, she raised a brow. He stopped howling after what seemed like a good five minutes and his tongue lolled out. He barked happily and tilted his head. Madi sighed. Yeah, oversized pup is a good description.

"Alright, come on. Time to move. You guys start collecting what supplies you can, and I'll... I have to find something but then I'll get him."

Amy nodded and tapped her chin thoughtfully, humming slightly to herself.

"If we want to find a cure, I suggest we start there. I know that we can track the....email, I'm guessing, and the lab will be in that general area."

She studied the white wolf curiously, a theory forming in her mind.

All of sudden Mido opened the doors out to the three standing around the wolf. The hollow look on his face had vanished and was replaced by what could only be described as malice. "Alone i was left. Sorrow deeply filled my heat. No more sorry sadness." Mido rambled. He was still coated in Isaacs blood covering most of his body. He had several cuts on his arm, some still bleeding, although it was hard to determine what was Isaacs and what was Midos. In his left hand he held a scalpel, that to covered in blood. His cloth smelled of smoke, and spots of black soot were everywhere on his face. His breath was heavy as he stood and kept himself up by grabing the door.

Madi stared at Mido blankly. Her thoughts raced as she tried to piece together clues. All pointed to one thing; Mido stabbed and burned a body. And it was no doubt his.

Madi felt something snap. Both the thoughts in her head came to a screeching halt as something built in her. She ignored the pain in her head, the pain in her limbs, the pain from loosing him because the agony was being replaced by rage. Madi growled like a feral animal and repeated the question everyone had been asking. Only while she was lunging at him. "What did you do?!"

"It is all done. The deed cannot be changed. Settled it have been." Mido said calmly look at the scalpel as he pointed it towards the sun, watching the light glimt and dance across the metal doors. he did not react to Madie rushing towards him. He just stared at the scalpel. Without a care in this world.

This poetic b*stard better start paying attention! Hehehe, why bother? His blood will be shed regardless! Stop arguing, and just rip his throat out already.Who made you boss? SHUT UP!

Madi tackled Mido by his waist and pinned him down, grabbing the scalpel from his hand and growling.

Mido laughed not even struggling against the restraint. "We are but dead. In this world pain roams. We are its pawns." Mido said still laughing "Isaac is waiting now. Luckier than any other person. Our tickets are here." Without warning Mido pulled his foot under Madie and pushed her away from her restraining grasp. Mido put the scalpel into his right hand and looked like he was prepared for an attack.

Oh, so now he pays attention. How dare he speak his name!You know what to do. Kill the man who dishonors his name. Shut up you morons, I'm trying to focus on killing right now!

Madi reached to the side without looking and grabbed a pipe from the wall, pulling hard until it broke off. Steam hissed into the air and made it harder to see, but Madi could hardly care. The pipe had sharp edges, perfect for fighting.

Mido laughed at her "Fire is the cleaner. Bones are our final remains. Fighting only prolongs it." Mido said rushing towards Madie, slashing wildly around with his scalpel, managing to bruise Madies leg. "Blood is so wondefull. Red and glimting in light. It's life in liquid."

Amy was freaked.

"GUYS!!!!" She screamed, and then turned to the wolf, thinking about her theory. She gestured meaningfully at the struggle and sat back, waiting for him to do something.

Lee

Lee saw one of the people, (Mido) cut all over, charging the girl that was probably Madi. She thought she heard Oak muttering, "Hey, the pipe is my trademark weapon...."

Other things to focus on, Oak, Lee thought. She lunged swiftly, hopefully getting the people right. She clapped the ears of the creepy-*ss person, that familiar dumb look on his face, hopefully stunning him for a bit. She did a full-fledged kick right at the chin, then whipped out her knife and, pinning it against the person's throat, whirled around and pinned the person to the ground, face-down. She pressed her left hand against his elbow, and holding her knife to the back of his throat and straddling his shoulderblades.

She looked up to Oak, judging by the filthy jeans and the bloodstained sweatshirt, and raised an eyebrow questioningly. "He's not a Psycho, since he has a face, so we probably shouldn't kill him. What's his name?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back