• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Mental Apocalypse

Htiaf

Knight of the Inverted Table
The world is infected.

In present time, everybody has an awesome life. You hang out with friends, you walk on the beach, you find the occasional hot guy and have smooch time in the corner, life is just perfect. For now.

One day, a scientific experiment goes wrong, leaving an airborne virus which quickly infected everyone.

Except you.

xmpj_original.jpg

Be mature, be happy, have fun.

Your character must have some kind of mental disorder. That's the only reason why you bypass the virus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Natalie shook her head, shaking out the braids she had slept with. She stretched out her arms and legs and climbed out of bed. She pulled on a jacket over her a T-shirt and sweats and walked the halls of the asylum, her bare feet stepping softly on the hard floor.

She yawned and turned the corner, about to greet the nurse she knew was always there.

Umm.... That was weird... There was no nurse there!

She raised an eyebrow but kept walking to the food area.

You see, Natalie didn't think she really belonged in the institution. She was a perfectly normal teenage girl! .... Right? (Natalie doesn't know that she has multiple personalities.)

Everything was normal in the cafeteria, ... Except that there were no helpers or supervisors. That was weird too. "I'm soooooooooooo tired of this place!" She complained to the creepy perv that always sat next to her. "I don't even know why I'm HERE!" Whenever she had gotten permission from a nurse to talk to of the higher ups, they had just assured it was 'okay ' and she was 'safe' here.

Yeah, that was infuriating.

She quietly ate her breakfast(slapping the man's hand several times when it got too close to her), and headed back to her room, practically the only place in the institution with a window. (The supervisors had noticed that she got reeeeaaallllly depressed if she didn't see the outside of the world once in a while.)

She jumped on top of her small bed and grabbed hold of the high window sill. She hauled herself up, and sat in the window, her knees held up to her chest.

Natalie looked out, captivated by the green grass, tall trees, little people having fun out there, NORMAL people having fun out there, and out of the corner of her eye she could see a beach that stretched out for miles. And all of these things, just out of her reach.

Natalie was miserable. She couldn't help but have a small tear slip out of the corner of her eye.

Suddenly every person out there but (edited) (you guys) fell to the ground, writhing and clutching their heads. Her eyes widened as she took in the scene.

Welcome to the Mental Apocalypse.

Midorikawa was laying on the ground, and looked up into the sky. He tried to move his toes, but he was still limp. Why had nobody helped him yet? He was in the middle of the park, and yet he had been laying there for a whole 3 days, and no one had helped him. The sky had turned black, then blue, and black again. That had repeated three times now. But why.

Suddenly, a numb tingling sensation in his right foot. Yes, this was what he had waited for. He moved his toes, only a little, but he was relieved. Finally he would regain the ability to move. As he could feel the numbing going up through his body, he could bend his knee, then moved his fingers, now his neck. Yeas at last Mido could move. He sat up, the world spinning around, small dots of colors floated around in front of his eyes. "Concentrate Mido, you can do it. You have so many times." He said to himself, the world still not making any sense to his eyes.

As Mido finally got a hold of the world, one thing became apparent to him. Almost everyone was laying on the ground around him. Could they have had a catatonic fit as well? No they did not seem to breath. What could be wrong with the whole place?

Isaac suddenly woke up. as he heard a knocking at his door. He looked at the alarm clock before getting up and getting dressed. A simple shirt and jeans with white socks as usual, the knocking continued.

Isaac went to the door and looked through the peephole, it was just the postal carrier, Isaac remembered that he had ordered a new satchel, he unlocked and opens the door and nodded at the man with the bag and putting a flat hand to his own mouth and moved it foward and down, Isaac took the box and writing his name to acknowledge that it is him.

Isaac waves the carrier away and he quickly puts a blank journal, his notebook and his writing gear. Isaac nearly jumped when he heard a thump outside and he quickly took his jacket on and opened the door.

His neighbors the postal carrier and some strangers had all suddenly fallen to the ground. Isaac's eyes filled with dread hammered the door, was he going insane he thought.

he looked out of the window it all felt like a bad horror movie.

Isaac pinched himself to see if he was dreaming completely forgetting that he doesn't actually feel anything from pinching himself. He shook his head and thought maybe somebody knew this better.

Isaac did the most logical thing he could and packed some water with him before going outside and locking his door. Isaac looked down the road to the park. Somebody must have some answers to this.

(Should we keep RPing, or wait till the others respond?) 
Natalie stared outside and gasped. She hopped down from the window and sprinted to the office on the far opposite side of the building. "Sir-" the 'higher-upper' was on the ground, writhing around. Natalie backed up, scared.

Suddenly the man stopped. He looked up, grinning maliciously. Natalie's eyes widened as he got up shakily, and took a step forward at her. He laughed and lurched at her.

Natalie screamed and ran to the main doors, desperately trying to open them despite the padlock. He got closer and closer, and she gave up and ran like **** to her room; the place with the window.

Surprisingly, the man kept up with her. She sprinted down the hallway to her small room and grabbed the window sill. She hauled herself up... Only to be dragged back down by horrible hands on her ankles. She screamed louder than she ever had before- loud enough to be heard through the soundproof glass.

Natalie kicked the man in the face and scrambled back up on the window, crying hysterically and pounding on the window.

Mido looked around himself. The corpses of people, laying in the streets around him. He was shocked to realize, they were twitching. They were dead, just a few seconds ago, and now they moved, and groaned. A few of them even tried standing.

That was the cue for Mido. He got up on his feet, although he was trembling, he got up and with uneasy feet, tried to run to a nearby building. His vision acted up again, a red aura around the corpses, made it easy to see if they moved towards him, but it made the whole site hard to distinguish. As he felt his legs once again, he started to pick up pace, slowly running towards the gate.

When he reached the gate, he pushed it in its place. A loud "Klonk" could be heard miles away, but at least the gate was closed. Mido looked around to find anything he could use as a weapon. He had seen countless of zombie movies, but now? Now he was in one, and he was not the person who would live long, he knew that. He just had to find a safe place to reside, so that the zombies could not get him.

Isaac kept on running, as the people around him rose up again. Isaac kept running until he was at the entrance to the park, when he suddenly heard a scream. Isaac looked to the psychiatric asylum. Someone alive he thought? Isaac looked around.

He looked back and slowly nodded with a relief to himself that those who had followed him were nowhere to be seen.

He turns towards the asylum and ran, taking care to avoid the big crowds. He thought all of this was so aberrant, so outlandish that it couldn't be true, but he was seeing it first-hand, people turning crazy. Isaac took turns and moved through the many alleyways until he was beside the main entrance to the asylum. knowing it is usually locked

Isaac began looking for something to bash the door down with or another entrance. To his luck he finds a rusty metal pipe, This could work? Isaac thought while checking the pipe, he have fought people before but not with a weapon. He walked to the front door while thinking about how reality is cruel. Isaac checked to see if the doors were really locked. He turned the handle but to no avail. Isaac looked around the door for a weak spot. These doors were made to keep people in.. Not out Isaac thought again as he walked back to gave the doors push with his shoulder. Again and again he tried. Enough. He thought and and raised his pipe and broke the handle afterwards he steadied himself and kicked right under where the handle was and a loud *klonk* sound came as the door slowly opens up. Perfect. Isaac looked down the hallway. He readies the pipe unsure what to do.

Natalie screamed again as the zombie quickly figured out how to get up to her. (Yes, the zombies are very smart.) he grabbed her by the waist and pulled her down. Her fingers desperately tried to find a hand hold, but to no avail and got dragged down. She fought with all her might and managed to run out of her room, and sprinted down the hall...again.

Madi awoke with a yawn and but didn't open her eyes as she waited for her body to actually catch up with her mind. Everything seemed normal, but... Why was the bed dipping? Madi's eyes shot open to see the face of her roommate grinning down at her. Added to the energetic music that was playing in her ears from the earbuds she slept with, Madi yelped in shock. Too close too close too close too close! Madi shoved her roommate off of her and scrambled up, forgetting decency (as she typically slept pantless) and getting into a defensive position. What is wrong with people today?!

"What the ****?!" She yelled. But her friend only laughed, and it dawned on Madi that something was wrong. Really, really wrong. Grabbing sweatpants and practically jumping into them, Madi tucked her iPod into her pocket and ran.

Isaac saw someone suddenly and he waved his free hand, Someone alive? He thought. Suddenly someone behind the first one appeared and ran after the first figure. Oh.. This is bad.. No.. I must.. Isaac took the pipe in both his hands and charged. As he got closer he could easily see the first figure was a female person, she didn't have the traits like those outside but the second person certainly did.

This is just like baseball right? Just...Someone.. Alive?! Dead?! Isaac prepared his nerves. It was now.. Or never.. As the girl passes by him he swings the pipe with all his strength against the infected person. A loud cracking noise echoes through the hall and blood is splattered on Isaac's face. He stands still trying to picture together what just happend. He looked at the pipe, the other end of it was gone, Isaac then stared on the body as the part of it was lodged on the skull of whoever this person was. Isaac felt the bitter taste of puke in his mouth but he had to hold it just a little longer. He turned towards the girl and stared at her.

Natalie stood with her hands up in a guard position, panting and staring at the guy who killed the man. She looked at him and put down her guard.

She collapsed against a wall.

"Thanks." She muttered as she pulled her knees up to her chest. "How'd you get in? I tried to get out and it didn't work."

Mido looked around trying to find something to defend himself with. Not much would be of use, but the scrap laying on the ground had to make do. He grabbed a shard of glass, and used some cloth to make a handle on it. "Bloody hell, why did this have to happen." Mido said to himself, looking at his hands. He had cut himself, not deep but just on the surface, but the blood still ran across the hand, the crimson red glimting in the sun. Mido looked around, and saw a guy kicking in a door, and running inside the building. "Another? I am not alone? No, don't get freaked out, you probably just saw things, imagining them. But i still need to try." He said, and ran into the asylum.

Inside tons of people from within their cells yelled and groaned, bashed and slammed at the doors. Luckily it was of no use. The call doors did not as much as move, but Mido still steered clear of them. He heard a scream, coming from up the hallway, but not just any scream from an infected, but an actual human. "I hope it is not my mind." Mido said angrily and set of in the direction of the sound.

Not long after he stood before a horrifying sight. A girl barely dressed, was being hunted down by a madman. This guy was clearly out of his mind. Midos hands filled with sweat and blood, as he fastened his grip around the shard, and charged. All kind of thoughts ran through his head, as he landed the shard into the back of the person, right in the heart. Mido felt the world spin once again. So this was how it was like killing? he though. The taste of bile stung his toungue and soon after, his stomach wretched and emptied the bile from his stomach.

Madi stopped and turned, shock registering as she realized what had happened. Someone had killed her roommate? Seeing as they now were suffering nausea from that, Madi stepped forward and tentatively placed a hand on his back, rubbing along his shoulders reassuringly as he emptied his stomach. "Thank you."

Isaac kept staring at her before dropping the pipe on the ground. He pointed at himself then hit his left index finger on his other, he then straightens his left fingers out tapping his chin twice and in quick succession he points on himself again before he closes both his hands and moves them downwards then tapping his left ear with his left index finger.

Isaac then picks up the pipe again and smiles as he stretches his arm out to help her up.

I think I'll only do this with simple ones. This time because that is a usual response from mute people.

http://www.lifeprint.com/asl101/topics/videos/s/speech_impaired_01.html It is number 2 "I can't talk. I can hear." But everything else with this help is going to be basic but difficult to understand motions. Alright!

[QUOTE="Cuddly Kraken]Maddy stopped and turned, shock registering as she realized what had happened. Someone had killed her roommate? Seeing as they now were suffering nausea from that, Maddy stepped forward and tentatively placed a hand on his back, rubbing along his shoulders reassuringly as he emptied his stomach. "Thank you."

[/QUOTE]
Mido laughed "Yeah, i wish i could say it was nothing but.." he could not finish before another wave of bile came rushing up. "I hope you are ok? You don't seem to good" Mido said wiping of the bile from his mouth, and gave the girl a weak smile.

"A bit confused but otherwise fine," Madi said, dropping her hand back to her side. "Uh, try to ignore that I'm in pajamas. We should get out of here, there's a lot of people to become..." Madi paused and looked down at the dead thing behind her. "... Whatever these things are."

Natalie had actually learned a little sign language in the asylum, so she nodded and took his hand. "Thanks again."

She walked to the door that was now open and began to walk out, but stopped, seeing the world through non tinted windows for nearly the first time in her life. She stretched out a trembling hand and pulled it back, tears falling from her eyes.

"I don't know, but i don't intent to find out either." Mido said standing up straight "I think you can change if you want, i will keep an eye out for you." he say, trying to pull out the shard from the corpse and examine the blood. It is thick and dark, like dark syrup and it emits a smell dank enough to kill a horse and revive it again.

"Uh, sure," Madi said. She gestured for the stranger to follow, but realized he was staring at his blood covered hand. "That isn't yours, is it?"

Htiaf said:
tears falling from her eyes.
Isaac took a deep breath and suddenly saw the girl crying. You know. Isaac thought I want to cry too.. But I just cant.. Not after what I've just done. Isaac took her into his arms and hugged her hoping it would calm her down. At the same time Isaac's mind wanderes through a map in invisible map of the city, Isaac knew that his house had supplies, but they would also need of something to defend themselves with. Isaac suddenly remembered the local Hardware store. They could use the tools there for fending these infected people off.

Isaac stops hugging her and points with the broken pipe down an alley.

"No, it was your former friends blood. Odd right, it is so thick. I wonder how they stand like that with so thick blood. Must be an increase in red blood cells." Mido said with a puzzled look, then snapped out of it. "Oh, uhm, i can just stand on guard out here." He said stuttering, his face lighting bright red.

Natalie let the man hug him and nodded when he pointed down the alley. "I don't really know the city, being stuck in there my whole life." She pointed at the building. "Where are we going?"

"It's fine. I don't really need to change, I just need to grab my sneakers," Madi said, jutting her thumb towards her old room. Sheesh, this guy's acting like I told him I'm not wearing any underclothes, which I would never do, Madi mentally laughed. I am wearing proper clothes.

"Oh, by the way, I'm Madison Halia. Call me Madi," She said, holding a hand out to the boy to shake.

"Name's Midorikawa Taiki. But i normally just go by Mido." He said shaking her hand. "So why are you in here, you seem perfectly normal to me." he said looking around.

Isaac pointed with his free hand's index finger and thumb and moved it towards his other hand

Isaac then took her hand again and began walking down the alley as he minds works out where the shortest route to the store was.

As they reached the store Isaac looked around and tried the door to their luck it was unlocked. Atleast Isaac was happy that the owner usually opens early. Isaac pointed at the different stuff in the store and made a slow swing with his metal pipe. Isaac then let's go of her hand. As he walks to the door leading to the storage room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back