• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building Medieval Kingdoms

So I was interested until I noticed that you gave yourself an empire and have over 2 million troops (which is a larger force than the Romans had at their greatest by a lot) and over 200k ships. Even if every country on the planet right now combined their battle ready ships the number wouldn't even reach 10% of what your empire has. Only reason I'm even posting here is to let you know this so that if in the future you try to do another medieval nation building RP you know completely ridiculous these numbers are.

You guys realize your armies and navies are huge, but your population is so absurdly small. An army population ratio should never go much past five percent and five percent is highly militarized, every ship needs at least a hundred crew members, sixty if its a skeleton crew.

Hes using earth as his globe and it says nothing about this being fantasy. With the map, name of the rp and no mention of fantasy it seemed to be a medieval rp based in our world....

Leusis said:
Hes using earth as his globe and it says nothing about this being fantasy. With the map, name of the rp and no mention of fantasy it seemed to be a medieval rp based in our world....
You know what, you're right. Our earth is definitely 15 times larger than we thought, and there are dragon and cat people, legit dragon and cat people.

overview didn't say anything about being 15 times larger last time I checked and I can't find it saying anywhere that any of these races exist. Oh, and don't forget the fact that even if you multiplied the worlds battle ready naval ships even now the total wouldn't even be 100,000 ships. You're all still making ridiculously large navies and if this is based around medieval times even if you multiplied the populations by 15 you still wouldn't get these 8 million strong armies. After all, the largest army in medieval times was only around 100,000 and that nation was the ottoman empire, a nation easily as large as any of the ones in this rp. If you wanted a medieval fantasy with completely ridiculous sized military forces then it shouldn't have been named "Medieval Kingdoms".

Also your sarcasm was entirely unneccessary as fantasy races aren't mentioned anywhere and even if the world was 15x bigger these numbers are still entirely inaccurate for the medieval age.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah guys, like there's one dude claiming eighty percent of his population is military. If you want to go higher than five percent, thats fine jut don't put it at eighty percent!

much salty, very basement dweller perfectionists. Just saying, I run into these people a lot and it gets annoying, but I also understand why you're annoyed by that.

I'm just going to assume you're very young and can't keep yourself from trying to insult people on the internet and ignore that first part. This also has nothing to do with me wanting perfection, just that basic information and correct tags should be used for rps so that the point of what you're going for gets across. I'm trying to give advice as I've been doing this for quite a while, you getting upset and trying to insult me doesn't really help your case.

If that's your case, then I guess I did indeed misinterpret as being a rude comment, it did look rude. Since this is just trying to simply correct someone, you could've have made it seem a bit less rude. Example; "Hey, I noticed your rp and how it seemed a bit off, I didn't expect it to be like this, and this could cause other potential role players to loose interest. Here's some advice for fixing this problem..." . I'm just going to assume you're quite a bit older than I, and can't keep yourself from trying to be a smart Alec and rudely correct people about their fake role plays on the internet. To be honest, I'm not really taking this seriously. By now I think you can guess what I am, and that I'm not good at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back