• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Mecha sci fi roleplay interest check!

The main idea I was trying to with my mecha is fire support. It's big, it's bulky, it's slow but it has massive amounts of firepower. However, it lacks melee capabilities so if any demons get close, it's done for and needs to communicate with team-mates in order to have effective fire-control.

Anyway now to answer your barrage of posts Bob :p

Sooo starting with the mech design. While I guess that is technically humanoid in appearance it seems like a highly impractical way to utilise the technology, it doesn't even have hands. What's the point in being able to form a perfect connection with a machine that has no need for fine tuned controls? It just seems like those weapons would be far better off on a gunship no?

I love the enthusiasm but I think we have very different images of what mechs should be in our heads. I'm confident we can find a happy middle ground! A heavy mech based around laying intense fire down range is an excellent concept, we just need to go around it in such a way that it fits in with the rest of the world. We'll continue this talk in our PM instead of here, no need to spam everybody else :)

As for shields, do you mean physical or like a force field?

Anyway now to answer your barrage of posts Bob :p

Sooo starting with the mech design. While I guess that is technically humanoid in appearance it seems like a highly impractical way to utilise the technology, it doesn't even have hands. What's the point in being able to form a perfect connection with a machine that has no need for fine tuned controls? It just seems like those weapons would be far better off on a gunship no?

I love the enthusiasm but I think we have very different images of what mechs should be in our heads. I'm confident we can find a happy middle ground! A heavy mech based around laying intense fire down range is an excellent concept, we just need to go around it in such a way that it fits in with the rest of the world. We'll continue this talk in our PM instead of here, no need to spam everybody else :)

As for shields, do you mean physical or like a force field?
Force field. Might those exist?

I hadn't given it much force... I think there will be shields of that nature but putting them on a mech will drain a hell of a lot of power. More than is worth anybody's time really, unless you plan on playing a mostly defensive game.

Shields will be similar in nature to the bubble sheild from Halo, should you be familiar with it.

I hadn't given it much force... I think there will be shields of that nature but putting them on a mech will drain a hell of a lot of power. More than is worth anybody's time really, unless you plan on playing a mostly defensive game.

Shields will be similar in nature to the bubble sheild from Halo, should you be familiar with it.
So we must relly on both mobility and armor to survive? Also, what the demons ranged attacks? Are there more conventional in nature, ie cannons or guns? Or more biological in nature, shooting torn and acid spit and the like?

Most demons lack any form of ranged attack, being giant biological monsters. The few that do have ranged capabilities only use things like acid, never guns or other man made weapons.

Alright guys I think enough time has passed that I feel that closing up applications is reasonable, those who snagged a place in the roleplay will be announced this evening.

Alright guys due to a lack of completed applications only two of you have been accepted so far so congrats Mineczka Mineczka and Heterological Heterological for making two superb bios.

If anybody else fancies sending a character sheet my way there is still another spot up for grabs.

Soviet Panda Soviet Panda Neo Alice Neo Alice rakshasa rakshasa Zufaix Zufaix Moomba Moomba Zentca Zentca and now Blitzkrieg Bob Blitzkrieg Bob you've all shown some capacity of interest but haven't submitted a character sheet (Complete or otherwise). I would love to hear from some or all of you!

Regardless of what happens I hope to get the offical thread up for this either tonight or tommorow, thanks for sticking with me so for.

Sorry guys but due to a recent tragedy in my life this roleplay is on hold. I've not been holding together well enough over these last few days to be a good GM.

However once I've had a little time to myself I'll try and get it off the ground and insure the hard work that you put into applications doesn't go to waste. Thanks for your patience :)

We are tentatively getting back on our feet with this roleplay and I am now accepting applications again!

Hit me up with a character sheet and you'll be in with a chance of joining our roster. Just a little heads up though, we've got a lot of "Shrike" class mechs at the moment so that might be something you want to take into account when making an application.

Looking forward to hearing from people!

Operator

Name: Julien Rome
Side-Face-Drawing#2 by Thedarksurge.deviantart.com on @deviantART ...

Height: 5' 9"

Nationality: American

Appearance: Julien walks slowly, taking his time with controlled movements with a limp in his left leg. Despite this, he is quite fast and agile. His skin is relatively smooth and unblemished, with a jagged scar running up his left thigh.

His jacket is grey, with a few stains and smears. His T-shirts are pretty clean and are simple in design. Julien wears shorts and jeans almost everywhere he goes. Contrasting his clothing, his shoes are full of color; he paints all the parts that can be painted and uses marker on the rest to create art on his sneakers and his sandals.

Personality: Julien acts much like a cheery young man with a bright future ahead of him. He's energetic and talks with a strong sense of humor. Sometimes you catch him writing in a notebook of his, and sometimes you can see the art that he makes. When he's tired Julien gets more subdued, keeping his mouth shut. He gets tired often, and he doesn't sleep a lot. He's someone who tries to be cheerful and lighthearted but isn't quite there.

History: Julien was born in San Francisco, with a sister two years older than him. He grew up there, with a talent in art and, especially, parkour. At a young age, he learned all the basics, and as he grew older he became stronger and faster. His mom and dad were supportive, being an EMT and a mech user respectively. His dad used conventional mechs and was one of the best in the city. As demons became more and more frequent, the city folk became more desperate and angry; riots broke out across the city every week.

Finally, the demon known as Nightmare came into the city from the sea. A B-class giant equestrian creature with huge, crushing feet, a razor-sharp tail and infested with diseases. It was later determined that the Nightmare had been lurking in the ocean for quite a while, and several mind-altering parasites had made its way into the population, causing anger and distress among the people.

Julien's mom died of a brain-eating amoeba after treating an infected patient. His father was killed by the huge tail slicing clean through his mech and his body. His sister was crushed by the hoof of the Nightmare. Julien himself was in one of the buildings attacked by the Nightmare; a hoof of the demon had crashed through the shelter and had caused a piece of the ceiling to slice through his left leg, damaging the muscles.

San Francisco was never the same. The Nightmare was killed thanks to the mechs, but its diseases had hit many of the citizens and the city became greatly diminished. Julien moved to the San Diego area with his aunt and, after dealing with the grief, picked up a job doing window art and selling some of his other works for extra cash. He's not in a good place, and when C.A.M.P. approached him with an offer, he took it.

Mech

Name: D-106L (aka White)

Description: D-106L was the result of South Korean's Special Warfare Command and America. Constructed in Seoul for mobility and scouting, it was given to the USA to add firepower to the 30-foot shrike. It is powered by an antimatter reactor that burns off created antimatter in tiny amounts. An alloy created for antimatter reactors was put around the battery and an additional shell of a different alloy on the outside as some light armor that can stand glancing blows from larger demons. Its color scheme is simply white and grey, and Julien would later go on to try to paint the feet. The visor on the mech shines white, and a tiger insignia is painted in silver across the torso. The mech is 30 feet tall, and all of its electronics are protected from electric harm.

Classification: Shrike

Weapons: D-106L utilizes a railgun to catapult metal beads through the air at high speeds. These beads often break apart in the air due to air resistance, turning one projectile into three or four more. The railgun is highly effective at longer ranges and is less effective in close combat. The railgun is single shot and holds a lot of ammo.

A Tesla coil, mounted at the forearm, is used to take out smaller demons. This coil is never used around other mechs to prevent hardware fail.

D-106L is also equipped with a wrist-mounted electromagnetic particle beam weapon, which is at a much shorter range due to said particles quickly disappearing before they get too far. This causes superheating to happen and can burn anything that gets hit by it. This is used in melee combat. When the particle beam passes deeper through any one material it starts to cause damage to the molecular structure, causing tissue damage and pain to demons and bypassing tough armor.

The palms of D-106L's hands can be replaced with a grenade cannon built inside the arm: these grenades are primed when shot and will activate in five seconds. A powerful electromagnetic pulse activates from inside, ripping the grenade's shell apart and sending shards of metal out in all directions, along with an outburst of electricity that latches on to any conductors nearby (demon flesh included) and electrocuting them.

Gadgets: Electromagnetics on the hands and feet of D-106L allow it to run on metal and keep it steady on the ground.

Getting some serious H.A.W.K.E.N vibes and I'm sold. I've always wanted to build a mech!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back