• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Mecha sci fi roleplay interest check!

Can I ask why are you discussing the mecha first? And what's this about 'your mech' as the example, is there a GMPC character involved? What's their purpose if that's the case?

Why the mecha first? I figured most people know how to design a human character and that this would be the kind of thing people would be more likely to need an example for.

Yes I will have a player character and they'll be a next generation operator, just like everyone else.

Name: Lucas Grey

Height: 5ft 10

Nationality: English

Physical appearance:

Fletcher.jpg
Lucas constantly manages to exude the aura of somebody who just can’t quite be bothered today. His gold flecked brown eyes are ringed with dark circles at all times, a clear give away that he doesn’t get as much sleep as he should. His hair while actually brown might as well be black unless in harsh light and is kept shaven short on the sides but longer on top, the latter being roughly brushed to the left. His nose is pretty unremarkable, slightly smaller than average perhaps but not noticeably so. Now at the age where shaving is something he has to worry about Lucas makes a half-hearted effort and as such usually has short stubble darkening his face. His frame is quite lithe, the result of spending most of his childhood outside climbing buildings in the city he grew up in. For the same reason his arms, hands and legs bare various small scars.

Usual choice of clothing: In the dreary streets of New Cambridge it's best to come prepared for the usual heavy showers of rain and being a lifelong resident of the city Lucas knows that better than anybody. He will opt to wear his usual coat (A waterproof windbreaker/ trench coat hybrid, coloured a dark green) over a selection of t-shirts along with denim jeans and a sturdy pair of black boots if at all possible. He also owns a simple metal watch that runs on kinetic energy, a gift from his father.

Personality:

As his appearance suggests Lucas is always rather tired, slightly more irritable than most and would rather be sleeping than whatever it is he is currently caught up in. Looking beyond this though you’ll find a good natured individual with a strong sense of right and wrong and a passion for sarcasm and wit. He is actually sharper than you might assume as well but has a terrible tendency to forget important details. The young man has a soft spot for misfits and outcasts, and forms strong bonds with the few friends he makes. He can be on the headstrong side of things and definitely has a stubborn streak but he subdues this rather nasty trait for the most part.

History:

• Born in Cambridge to Mr and Mrs Grey, working class individuals who despite being good people weren't particularly extraordinary. They held down jobs as an electrician and a pharmacist respectively.

• Three years after the birth of their first child the Grey's produced another son, Alex Grey.Both Lucas and Alex did pretty averagely in their education and things progressed as expected until Lucas' 9th birthday, the night that Cambridge came under siege by the worst Demon attack England had ever seen. Nicknamed "Silver jaw" by the population, the Demon was class B, a 60 foot tall reptilian monster with 6 limbs, 2 bladed tails and a jaw made of an organic metal. Silver jaw tore through the city with ease, destroying a majority of the structures there before finally being put down by British military forces. The event claimed a great many lives, including the entire Grey family except for Lucas. The demon crushed the shelter they were hiding in and it was only through sheer luck that the young boy evaded the falling rubble.

• As Lucas dealt with his own personal trauma Cambridge was rebuilt, but with such extensive damage it was actually renamed New Cambridge. Whilst the repairs were underway he stayed with his uncle who lived in the tiny fraction of the city that survived the fight. A temporary school was built to accommodate the displaced children and although Lucas returned to it as asked his heart wasn't in it. His grades suffered massively and he became withdrawn from the world.

As the years passed and New Cambridge took shape Lucas slowly came to terms with his hand in life and just like his city was slowly making progress on the path to recovery. Although still far more introverted than he had been before the attack he made a small group of friends at school and took an interest in Geography, a subject that he began to excel in.

Life continued as normal from here, Lucas performed averagely in most subjects with a few exceptions, maintained a closely knit group of friends, finished college, had a handful of girlfriends (None of which lasted very long) and opted for an apprenticeship as an electrician over going to university as he wished to start earning cash so that he may move out and no longer burden his uncle. After a year in his new occupation he achieved just that and began renting a small apartment in the area. Things were going relatively smoothly until Lucas received a message from C.A.M.P....

Okay my character sheet draft is up! Ignore the bullet points, damn things are glitched and I can't get rid of them.

Feel free to use this as a reference point for what your own CS will look like, I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

Demon classification system

F class
: The least physically imposing of all demons, F class are tiny compared to their giant brothers and sisters. This class includes anything smaller than your average person but that doesn’t mean they aren’t a threat. From the seat of a mech they don’t really pose a challenge but for your average foot soldier a few of these could definitely take you by surprise.

E class: E class demons are anything from 6-10 feet in height, more than capable of taking out multiple humans if let loose in a populated area. Can still be brought down by small arms fire, can be taken care of by groups of soldiers.

D class: D class demons are where things start to get problematic. 11-25 feet in height your average D class isn’t getting taken down by anything short of heavy weaponry and even having a tank or similar vehicle is no guarantee of your safety. Capable of destroying a town if left unchecked for long enough.

C class: A serious threat for any mech pilot, these beasts stand at anywhere between 26- 50 feet tall and are capable of racking up hundreds of casualties after making an appearance. If in a city or town they are expected to cause incredible amounts of structural damage just by showing up. Nothing short of a skilled mech operator is getting through one of these. C class are the most common type of demon that C.A.M.P is called in to deal with.

B class: City destroyers. That’s the term often applied to B class, 51- 150 foot tall monsters that can reduce a city to rubble. Even for a full team of mechs taking one of these demons down is difficult, a single wrong move could cost you your life. Death toll can be in the thousands if not dealt with quickly.

A class: A class are the biggest and most deadly demons humanity has yet to deal with, and only on one occasion. “Tempest”, as the demon was dubbed, was nearly 525 feet in length and appeared in the waters of Sydney on February 6th 2038. Possessing a long eel like body with 12 crab like appendages she destroyed the coastline of the city, waging a battle the likes of which the cities residents are still recovering from today. She demonstrated an odd ability to exude a thick fog which stopped C.A.M.P from being able to understand the true extent of the threat until it was too late. She claimed 67 mechs and their operators before finally being put down, a record for any single demon. In many ways it was this demon alone that forced C.A.M.P into pushing forward their next generation of mechs, the battle for Sydney had cost them the majority of their forces. Had the remaining operators not taken her down when they did the entire city would have been nuked, with the N.E.C not wanting to risk Tempest escaping into the ocean where she’d be far more difficult to locate.

S class: An entirely theoretical class reserved for anything that may pose a higher threat than an A class. The arrival of such a demon would be cataclysmic and short of multiple nuclear warheads it is unlikely that anything humanity has it’s disposal would be able to take it down.

Last edited:
I'd be interested!

Excuse the lack of content for roleplayer profiling, if you're like me and want to know what they're getting into. I'm new to this site (but not roleplaying as a whole)

Name: Lucas Grey

Height: 5ft 10

Nationality: English

Physical appearance:

View attachment 743038
Lucas constantly manages to exude the aura of somebody who just can’t quite be bothered today. His gold flecked brown eyes are ringed with dark circles at all times, a clear give away that he doesn’t get as much sleep as he should. His hair while actually brown might as well be black unless in harsh light and is kept shaven short on the sides but longer on top, the latter being roughly brushed to the left. His nose is pretty unremarkable, slightly smaller than average perhaps but not noticeably so. Now at the age where shaving is something he has to worry about Lucas makes a half-hearted effort and as such usually has short stubble darkening his face. His frame is quite lithe, the result of spending most of his childhood outside climbing buildings in the city he grew up in. For the same reason his arms, hands and legs bare various small scars.

Usual choice of clothing: In the dreary streets of New Cambridge it's best to come prepared for the usual heavy showers of rain and being a lifelong resident of the city Lucas knows that better than anybody. He will opt to wear his usual coat (A waterproof windbreaker/ trench coat hybrid, coloured a dark green) over a selection of t-shirts along with denim jeans and a sturdy pair of black boots if at all possible. He also owns a simple metal watch that runs on kinetic energy, a gift from his father.

Personality:

As his appearance suggests Lucas is always rather tired, slightly more irritable than most and would rather be sleeping than whatever it is he is currently caught up in. Looking beyond this though you’ll find a good natured individual with a strong sense of right and wrong and a passion for sarcasm and wit. He is actually sharper than you might assume as well but has a terrible tendency to forget important details. The young man has a soft spot for misfits and outcasts, and forms strong bonds with the few friends he makes. He can be on the headstrong side of things and definitely has a stubborn streak but he subdues this rather nasty trait for the most part.

History:

• Born in Cambridge to Mr and Mrs Grey, working class individuals who despite being good people weren't particularly extraordinary. They held down jobs as an electrician and a pharmacist respectively.

• Three years after the birth of their first child the Grey's produced another son, Alex Grey.Both Lucas and Alex did pretty averagely in their education and things progressed as expected until Lucas' 9th birthday, the night that Cambridge came under siege by the worst Demon attack England had ever seen. Nicknamed "Silver jaw" by the population, the Demon was class B, a 60 foot tall reptilian monster with 6 limbs, 2 bladed tails and a jaw made of an organic metal. Silver jaw tore through the city with ease, destroying a majority of the structures there before finally being put down by British military forces. The event claimed a great many lives, including the entire Grey family except for Lucas. The demon crushed the shelter they were hiding in and it was only through sheer luck that the young boy evaded the falling rubble.

• As Lucas dealt with his own personal trauma Cambridge was rebuilt, but with such extensive damage it was actually renamed New Cambridge. Whilst the repairs were underway he stayed with his uncle who lived in the tiny fraction of the city that survived the fight. A temporary school was built to accommodate the displaced children and although Lucas returned to it as asked his heart wasn't in it. His grades suffered massively and he became withdrawn from the world.

As the years passed and New Cambridge took shape Lucas slowly came to terms with his hand in life and just like his city was slowly making progress on the path to recovery. Although still far more introverted than he had been before the attack he made a small group of friends at school and took an interest in Geography, a subject that he began to excel in.

Life continued as normal from here, Lucas performed averagely in most subjects with a few exceptions, maintained a closely knit group of friends, finished college, had a handful of girlfriends (None of which lasted very long) and opted for an apprenticeship as an electrician over going to university as he wished to start earning cash so that he may move out and no longer burden his uncle. After a year in his new occupation he achieved just that and began renting a small apartment in the area. Things were going relatively smoothly until Lucas received a message from C.A.M.P....
Is there not going to be a separate thread for character sheets?

There will be but only for the accepted sheets. In the mean time feel free to PM me your sheets to avoid cluttering this thread.

Just from what you got, what kind of mechs have applied? I don't want the team to be to one sided with like 5 heavies with overwhelming firepower and a dinky little scout in more danger of getting shot in the back by their friends before for he even reaches the demon, than the demon.

I have just now realized that RPNation has screwed up notifications for this thread, and that we are posting CS in this thread. I'll finish one soonish.

So far applications have been few and far between! There's actually only one mech of each class, my own mech being the only Paladin. I've then had an application for a heavy energy based mech and a singular shrike class scout kind of mech.

Don't be discouraged from trying something similar with your own mech though, after all not everybody is getting in. If, for example, we get multiple sniper mechs the best one will win. And if you wrote something high quality but it's a tad too similar to an application I already want to accept I'll just ask you to tweak it.

As for CS, either in here or via PM! Up to you.

No
I have two questions.

Has this RP begun yet?

And.

Can I put a massive fucking chainsaw on my mech?

Nope, still giving people time to put character sheets together!

And I do already have an NPC with a chainsaw sword.... But if you'd like to have one as well I can't see the harm in trying an application with one.

I've got an idea for a possible character. How about a man who is addicted to interfacing with his A.I since it fills the empty spot in his heart and even considers his Mech to be an "Angel," God made manifest as a machine. He even worships it and believes it to be true.

Also, as a recommendation, you can create a separate page in the Extra section where you compile all your lore and another one just for character submissions to try to make things cleaner.

I'm well aware of that, this is just an interest check with enough information to help let people know what they're in for.

A proper lore and character sheet thread will be established when the roleplay is closer to starting. Character sheet applications are preferred via pm for now, makes it less awkward should I need to turn anybody away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back