• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Mech-ity mech-ity mechs!

White Wood

Hello! If you're here then you're probably looking for mechs and roleplay, both of which I hope I can provide. Having recently had a friend get me into watching Gundam (currently working my way through Gundam Zeta after having watched Unicorn and F91 - enjoying it immensely) I really wanted to try my hand at roleplaying mechs in general. I'm not really knowledgeable enough to do actual Gundam roleplay yet, but once I am that's definitely something that I'd look to doing in the future. For now, I just wanted to try roleplaying in a universe of our own creation with mechs of our own make and design. Anyway, to get to the requirements/recommendations/stuff about myself;

- I've been roleplaying for about four or five years now, and have been writing before even that. So I'm at least reasonably experienced with the medium/pastime.

- I generally try and post once or twice a day, possibly less if college takes up extra time for whatever reason. My posts are normally around 500 words, though will likely be longer if something particularly interesting happens. They can also be far less than that if we're in conversation, so overall I'm VERY flexible as to how long post length should be. Really, it all comes down to what we're trying to express, and as long as we express that how we'd like, you can write however you'd want.

- That being said; good English, and no one liners please. English is a passion of mine and I enjoying seeing it used well; it's partly why I like text based roleplay in the first place! Reading what other people can come up with is genuinely enjoyable for me, so write to the very best of your ability. Not that you wouldn't, of course. :3

- Be receptive/able to discuss! Tell me about your ideas, create ideas and show them to me! I don't want to be working on building the world by myself, or creating the plot with only myself to rely on. Be an active part in building the roleplay as we go; don't be passive, be an active roleplayer taking part in the story!

- Talk to me OOC! I like making friends and chatting in general about life and the like, whatever it might be. Knowing people personally makes the roleplay all the more interesting when you know who you're writing with.

Aside from that, I've no particular plots or anything. With mechs as our base, we can go pretty much wherever we want, so feel free to shoot me a PM or reply here. I can't message yet, but that should be rectified once we get roleplaying together. If you've gotten this far, thanks for your time, and we'll just have to hope this has come off as somewhere informative! :P

Thanks for reading!

I do have some interest here. My own search thread is in my signature. If my rules are also ok with you, do send me a PM!

All your rules seem fine by me, Idea Idea ! I can PM you whenever, or you can throw me one and we can get discussing; for anyone still looking, I'm likely looking for more than one roleplay, so feel free to keep showing interest.

Hello,

I'm Sachi. I actually have been playing with a role play idea in mind that coincidentally relates to artificial intelligence. I'll go ahead and elaborate on it. I was thinking to create a role play about enslaving robots and using them for combative purposes. However in this particular world, robot-fighting is deemed illegal. Most of the robots' primary function is to serve or aid humans. Armed artificial intelligence is prohibited. We, in this role play, would be the enslaved robots. The longer we remain in this illegal activity, the more likely we'll become recycled metal. Our characters' primary goal is to return to their original service/owner/prior-lifestyle. Remaining enslaved would serve of no benefit. In fact, if any robot, even if they were captured against their own 'will', were caught up in this sort of illegal activity, they will be deactivated permanently. Thankfully, robots in this world were build with purpose, and this purpose was instilled in every single one of them. The robots' sense of belonging and purpose has made them work more humanly, and this appealed to the general public.

I could go on and on...

Thoughts?

It's certainly a lovely roleplay idea, but it's not really anything to do with mechs. By mechs, I mean the great hulking suits of armour that people pilot from a cockpit inside, and not really robots in general. That being said, this is an interesting idea and I wouldn't mind trying to develop it with you.

e5c6aa78706b2fb4fafc0bb995e35a3b.png

ef4b515073b31e03003a8a42c827747d.jpg

• 00010001010101001... Wel-co... 010010010101... c-come...

Ding! Ding! Ding! The sound of your mind's state of readiness for operation allows for your eyes to flicker open. Whirs and clicks are made as you adjust yourself upright against the cement wall. You are not at home nor at work. You're in captivity. The reasons, at the moment, are unknown. Your mechanical eyes blinked humanly as you observed the other A.I.'s that seemed to be in the same dumbfounded state as yourself.

This role play is about illegally enslaved robots. Though robots being used as slaves is not unlawful, but utilizing them for combative purposes is. Most of the robots' primary function is to serve or aid humans. Armed artificial intelligence is prohibited. We, in this role play, would be the enslaved robots. The longer we remain in this illegal activity, the more likely we'll become recycled metal. Our characters' primary goal is to return to their original service/owner/prior-lifestyle. Remaining enslaved would serve of no benefit. In fact, if any robot, even if they were captured against their own 'will', were caught up in this sort of illegal activity, they will be deactivated permanently. Thankfully, robots in this world were build with purpose, and this purpose was instilled in every single one of them. The robots' sense of belonging and purpose has made them work more humanly, and this appealed to the general public.

At the beginning of our role play, we are to investigate and understand our circumstance. Once this has been achieved, we are then to decide either to accept our new role, use our new lethal upgrades to deactivate ourselves or seek an escape to return to our ordinary life.

Navigation
    Character Sheet: N/A
    OOC: N/A

Here you go! What do you think W White Wood

Sorry for being away, been up to some real life stuff; throw me a PM BassJunkyLeader BassJunkyLeader and we can have a chat about it, it'd be great to work with a universe you've already fleshed out (even if only a little).

Looks amazing SachiGrl SachiGrl , I'll be sure to give it a read and throw you a PM when I'm able to. Other than that, I'll start work on some kind of character sheet and get back to you. Feel free to start on something and post it up in here/send me a message.

Sorry for being away, been up to some real life stuff; throw me a PM BassJunkyLeader BassJunkyLeader and we can have a chat about it, it'd be great to work with a universe you've already fleshed out (even if only a little).

Looks amazing SachiGrl SachiGrl , I'll be sure to give it a read and throw you a PM when I'm able to. Other than that, I'll start work on some kind of character sheet and get back to you. Feel free to start on something and post it up in here/send me a message.
Hey, I have another friend interested in joining. It'll be only us three; is that alright?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back