• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Maxwood Sanctuary Lore & Chat(Open&Accepting)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
I just got back home... my mother-in-law came over last night to watch the Super Bowl and her son decided she could just stay the night. She had wanted to go home, but the lights on my car are finicky at times and decide to flicker off and he left her step stool at her house on purpose :xFrolleyes: he just enjoys making his own decisions without bothering to see if others are good with them. So I'll get to working on this now XD

Is it bad a part of me wants to kill off the previous Headmaster!! XD and someone else having taken over. Just have it to where Dax used his very life force to shield the area.

Last edited:
I don't think its bad necessarily but if you go that route having it more of a mystery dissapearance might give you more time to consider it and open up more possible plotlines for characters. On an off topic note I was wondering with the refreash/reboot if anything was changing in terms of the rp structure or if supplimental things such as a discord would be used this time around.

I don't think its bad necessarily but if you go that route having it more of a mystery dissapearance might give you more time to consider it and open up more possible plotlines for characters. On an off topic note I was wondering with the refreash/reboot if anything was changing in terms of the rp structure or if supplimental things such as a discord would be used this time around.
Never thought about setting up a discord for this, but if you guys would like we could have it set up even if it was simply for some chatting, plotting, and checking in on everyone.

discord existing helps suppliment things but I don't think it should evolve to the point of someone needing to be on the discord to feel included at all. I assume it would be of casual nature like you stated and maybe help a bit with head cannons/non cannon or cannon small side rps to help people who are currently waiting or rp locked but it really depends on what everyone else would like...

discord existing helps suppliment things but I don't think it should evolve to the point of someone needing to be on the discord to feel included at all. I assume it would be of casual nature like you stated and maybe help a bit with head cannons/non cannon or cannon small side rps to help people who are currently waiting or rp locked but it really depends on what everyone else would like...
That is not a bad idea. Just in case someone does vanish for a bit(aka me :-_-lines: ) though hoping that doesn't happen again.(knocks on wood aggressively)

Okayyy so there is a decent chunk of the new lore up! XD haha

The new character sheet is also up as well if you want to go through and do edits to any possible previous character you are keeping. And yes you can edit the original sheets you posted and I can go through all of them if that is simpler for you. :) You don't have to repost them. If you plan to kill off a character just erase that character's sheet, leave their name and mark beside it(Died)

EDIT: If you don't want to delete the entire character put it in a spoiler titled Died or Dead XD

Edit 2: Sorry for my 0 to a 100 brain....

Last edited:
have to admit I did not work on this today. But I will try to get the rest of the edits done tomorrow. Aka all the hunters lore and such. I had Juror duty today -_- love how they can just strip you of your rights and make you be a juror...

no worries Wolf.
Are other people able to join?
Also, do undead count as playable magical characters?

no worries Wolf.
Are other people able to join?
Also, do undead count as playable magical characters?
It was the plan to open it up for other possible people to join.

And what do you mean by undead??? I mean I don't see why not since they're supernatural

Alright. I think I'm done editing things. I think it's all done...but my tired brain could have missed something.

If you all would go through and look at the new lore and let me know your thoughts. Or if you have questions or want to see something added in let me know.

Apologies in advance for the barrage of questions:

So does the US government no longer exist? Judging by how the hunter/safe areas cut through with no regards for state borders. How's the rest of the world handling the supernatural crisis? Some countries, I'd expect to have embraced the supernatural.

It seems like nothing's changed, no supernatural barrier broken that lets regular folk see magicals — just that they finally noticed and are actively hunting them now?

Is there any suspicion that regular-looking folks are secretly supernatural or do most hunters make the general assumption that all supernaturals are monstrous? Since hunters do think they're evil, and there are creatures like hydras and city-razing dragons flying about on top of Maxwood's kinder inhabitants.

Also, is Maxwood's existence common knowledge? Like, can a supernatural on the run dial a number and ask directions to the Sanctuary? I wouldn't think so since hunters could pretend...

And does the magic that blocks hunters from using teleporters also block hunters who are supernatural? How does the magic tell?

And then, if the government does exist, which I'd guess it does on some level since regular folks are still paying taxes; is it completely legal to kill more humanoid supernaturals? Like if there's a human hydrokinetic that's done nothing wrong, a hunter can just... show up and kill them? If someone calls for it? No public outrage? Nothing from the courts?

Apologies in advance for the barrage of questions:

So does the US government no longer exist? Judging by how the hunter/safe areas cut through with no regards for state borders. How's the rest of the world handling the supernatural crisis? Some countries, I'd expect to have embraced the supernatural.

It seems like nothing's changed, no supernatural barrier broken that lets regular folk see magicals — just that they finally noticed and are actively hunting them now?

Is there any suspicion that regular-looking folks are secretly supernatural or do most hunters make the general assumption that all supernaturals are monstrous? Since hunters do think they're evil, and there are creatures like hydras and city-razing dragons flying about on top of Maxwood's kinder inhabitants.

Also, is Maxwood's existence common knowledge? Like, can a supernatural on the run dial a number and ask directions to the Sanctuary? I wouldn't think so since hunters could pretend...

And does the magic that blocks hunters from using teleporters also block hunters who are supernatural? How does the magic tell?

And then, if the government does exist, which I'd guess it does on some level since regular folks are still paying taxes; is it completely legal to kill more humanoid supernaturals? Like if there's a human hydrokinetic that's done nothing wrong, a hunter can just... show up and kill them? If someone calls for it? No public outrage? Nothing from the courts?

1. The Government pretty much no longer exists as there was a major battle that took place within the walls of the White House. This was due to human v.s. human and humans v.s. supernaturals alike. In a sense the S.H.A sort of took over as the new 'government' and a lot of the people followed it. Most felt that once the supernatural were exposed they'd be hunted because they didn't have powers and weren't 'special' and to some extent that did happen. Some supernatural beings that had been staying hidden decided to take it upon themselves to cause chaos, just because they enjoyed it. The whole thing was actually caused by a supernatural being going on a rampage that ended up exposing an entire group of supernatural beings that had been living in peace among humans in a city.

Some parts of the world have not been torn to shreds, as there are parts where the people embraced the supernatural and didn't go looking for trouble with them because they hadn't caused problems all along. Others have taken to experimenting on supernatural beings to try and improve the human race. It is a mix but the U.S. went down the self-destructive path.

2. Most of the supernaturals wish to remain hidden and the only reason the school's barrier is still intact is because the Headmaster used his very life force to make it strong once again. But as the rp progresses with each hit it takes (once a human is smart enough to notice they are going in circles or a spy gets into Maxwood) It will get weaker and weaker, making Maxwood no longer the safe place it once was.

3. There are a lot of suspicions going on among humans and supernaturals alike. It's like a haunting fear that one or the other may be hiding among them. So pretty much any sort of active remotely suspicious is instantly questioned. At first, humans had thought that they were all monstrous things, but some of their colleagues have fallen victim to the charms or childish looks of some supernaturals. There can indeed be actual monstrous creatures roaming about, likely found in the destroyed cities. And they could be a hassle for both parties.

4. It is known that there is a Sanctuary, however, only the previous headmaster was able to fully find and bring people to Maxwood with ease. If someone is communicating and trying to reach Maxwood it is likely through some form of magic.

5. No it will not block Hunters who are supernatural. The magic within the teleporter wouldn't be able to tell if the supernatural being using it has good or evil intentions(Where a possible spy comes in). However, this does not mean a Spy could enter the Sanctuary and let humans in. They would first have to figure out a way to destroy the barrier.(A major event)

6. As was said, S.H.A. is pretty much like the new form of government in the U.S. The people pay taxes to them, and even some people who survived the destruction of Washington joined the formation of S.H.A to get revenge. S.H.A is held with high regard by most, and those living in cities that have yet to be touched have likely paid S.H.A. to keep their city, and state safe as possible from any battles that take place between S.H.A and supernaturals.

Does that cover everything???

Can I ask how many years this takes place after the academy?

Just so I know how much to age Helia and Hyacinth up.

Can I ask how many years this takes place after the academy?

Just so I know how much to age Helia and Hyacinth up.
I put down everything that happened in a span of 2 years, but if you guys feel that it could have taken longer than that let me know and I can adjust it to say...4 or 5 years. Don't want a super large time skip.

I put down everything that happened in a span of 2 years, but if you guys feel that it could have taken longer than that let me know and I can adjust it to say...4 or 5 years. Don't want a super large time skip.
I think the two years work just fine.

I was just asking because I didn't see it when I read the new lore (granted it probably wasn't put down all the way I don't think)

Anyway I'll try to get the redone CS's up tomorrow. Or when I redraw Helia and Hyacinth at least. My left wrist has been giving me problems so it's been difficult to type on some days.

I think the two years work just fine.

I was just asking because I didn't see it when I read the new lore (granted it probably wasn't put down all the way I don't think)

Anyway I'll try to get the redone CS's up tomorrow. Or when I redraw Helia and Hyacinth at least. My left wrist has been giving me problems so it's been difficult to type on some days.
Oohh now that I think about it I think the mention of 2 years was in the deal I sent to Texan to edit the interest check XD but I can add it to the front page here as well 🤦🏻‍♀️🤣 like I said my brains in dut-ta-duh mode right now

Also take it easy with the wrist. Mine start to give me issues when the weather's changing so I know how it feels. Lol we should have been blessed with better wrists but all our writing/drawing is like oh you need me to work? Jokes on you!!

Edit: IT'S ADDED NOW!! xD

I guess the questions I have are more structural at this point than lore based since it seems most(?) of the lore is more open ended in terms of the finer details or will be filled in further down the line.

For character sheets with the tone shift I was wondering if the crush/lovers part of it was still needed or could be summarized to an important relations bullet (thus opening up more possibilities for folding in relatives, friends, or other relations that are not romantic in the terms crush/lovers are). It personally feels like the group moved a bit away from slice of life and more to action so I am unsure how important it is for those to be more distinct? It seems like other than the header both character sheets are the same so I don't have any other comments on a specific one.

In terms of group structure, I am wondering how the teams/roles will work since I worry about all of the fighter/scout/medic roles getting proper distribution. I'd hate if it felt like someone really wanted to join but there were too many members in that role. I think off of that I was wondering how the special roles such as spy/leader would be given out since I assume it is similar to how teachers were chosen for the previous time or if it would be something more based on activity later down the line and just taking the role from a temporary npc?

Far in the future but I was wondering if you knew how you were going to break down different activities in the roleplay since we never really got to the class part last time. It seemed more wandering about/hope you get paired off with someone active and then at certain points the rp would in general progress to the next thing (arriving at school -> intro speech -> dorms -> class). Are we going to be more of the same everyone exists in the area as a group or will people be split into different smaller missions to help try and keep things moving/branch of the narrative.

Funnily this works close to lode stone’s backstory so I shouldn’t have to do too much to adapt to the time skip since what they did before going to the acadamy…they probably just do at the post time skip former academy now lol. I’ll wait a bit to see everyone else’s sheets in case people want to collaborate.

I'll dive deeper into this tomorrow if Im able to and not dragged around for my birthday

But if others would prefer to have crush and lover taken off and replaced with perhaps a section called Relations: to talk about bonds with certain characters it can be done.

While I know everyone might want to be one thing or another I made the roles for such limited in a sense so we can have hopefully all character spots filled. Push come to shove more groups can be formed if needed. But as is there a lot of roles to fill, since not all current characters may want to be involved in the battles taken on by the Task Forces. Such as my boy Finn, he is going to be marked as Civilian due to him not liking battle and feeling he can be of more help around Maxwood such as tending to their possible gardens(food sources).

The groups(Hunters and Paranormal both) will remain in the general area around Maxwood. Of course the Hunters will be on the outer areas around Maxwood, but it will cause for decent interactions between Hunters and Task Force groups alike. So everyone should keep busy and have some form of interaction. There are also those in the groups that could branch off on small missions like getting more possible medical supplies or even food, clothes and such.
_________
....ahh screw it I just typed this all up on my phone 🤣 hope it answers things clearly.

Happy early(?) birthday.

It gives me more of an idea of your through process/how things will go so I think it answers things clearly for me so thanks for answering my questions. I personally would like relations simply because it gives an easy spot on the app to highlight bonds with other characters but I have no strong feelings about anything so if others would still want crush and lover its all good.

Happy early(?) birthday.

It gives me more of an idea of your through process/how things will go so I think it answers things clearly for me so thanks for answering my questions. I personally would like relations simply because it gives an easy spot on the app to highlight bonds with other characters but I have no strong feelings about anything so if others would still want crush and lover its all good.
Haha thanks I'll formally tag everyone to ask either tomorrow or the day after. But I do like the idea of having it as Relations a bit better

Alright, I finally have time to get on this. galvanismgal galvanismgal had an idea since Crushes and Lovers will not really have any major sway in this current idea. What if we turned it into a section called Relations: instead? That way you guys can chat out possible relationships revolving around old and new characters. Sort of like a small mapping of their history in the two-year skip even if new characters are created they will not feel so out of place. This could also have tensions and connections to the Hunters and Supernaturals. You could fill it out as detailed or as non-detailed as you like.

On top of that they suggested setting up a Discord for the rp. This could be used for possible easier updates, reminders, and sections made for small branch-off side rps in case something like me having to deal with life happens again. You guys could still entertain yourselves with your characters while waiting for me to get my crap in gear...and yes I say me cause it seems to happen to me far more than I like -_-

DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Texangamer Texangamer Raku Raku AquaMarie AquaMarie Bloody_Death Bloody_Death asphodelus asphodelus (Did I forget anyone?

Alright, I finally have time to get on this. galvanismgal galvanismgal had an idea since Crushes and Lovers will not really have any major sway in this current idea. What if we turned it into a section called Relations: instead? That way you guys can chat out possible relationships revolving around old and new characters. Sort of like a small mapping of their history in the two-year skip even if new characters are created they will not feel so out of place. This could also have tensions and connections to the Hunters and Supernaturals. You could fill it out as detailed or as non-detailed as you like.

On top of that they suggested setting up a Discord for the rp. This could be used for possible easier updates, reminders, and sections made for small branch-off side rps in case something like me having to deal with life happens again. You guys could still entertain yourselves with your characters while waiting for me to get my crap in gear...and yes I say me cause it seems to happen to me far more than I like -_-

DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Texangamer Texangamer Raku Raku AquaMarie AquaMarie Bloody_Death Bloody_Death asphodelus asphodelus (Did I forget anyone?
Sounds good

I'm open to both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back