• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Maxwood Sanctuary RP(Open&Accepting)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Vera yawns and looks at the time before closing her eyes once more. Her eyes shoot open and she sits up, grabbing the clock and looking that the time she saw was correct. "Shit." She groaned, quickly getting out of bed and scrambling to get ready. She rushes out the door in what seems like no time at all, thankfully she lived in a cottage in the forest not too far from the school grounds.

Walking through the doors she smiles at the new found life in the halls. "Hopefully no one notices how late I was" she mumbles softly to herself. She heads to the auditorium, leaning against the wall in the back. Hoping not to bring much attention to the fact she was late, and by her messy hair she had only recently crawled out of bed.

She scans the seats of students, wondering which of them would be attending her course this year, and how many would last.

Isabella starling

Izzy had been feeling sad she didn’t know why her mom had to day she just felt tears falling down her face she didn’t want to walk into the autorium she just felt the tears she couldn’t take the pain what she felt she was leaning against the wall scared to go in her mother would want her to be but she really didn’t know how to be happy she had to die from the hunters that been hunting her (open)​
As she scans, she picks up the faint sounds of crying outside. Silently she walks back out, finding a crying girl. "Darling, what's wrong?" She asks tilting her head.

Isabella starling

Izzy just looked at the teachers as she just wipes her tears as she looked at the teacher” I’m okay it’s just my mum died and I feel so alone” she say as she sighed” I don’t want to go in there if she had told I could have defend her from hunters I could have help I feel so lonely without her” she told her looking at her tears coming down her face she just sighed Mel Mel

Isabella starling

Izzy just looked at the teachers as she just wipes her tears as she looked at the teacher” I’m okay it’s just my mum died and I feel so alone” she say as she sighed” I don’t want to go in there if she had told I could have defend her from hunters I could have help I feel so lonely without her” she told her looking at her tears coming down her face she just sighed Mel Mel
She offers a small smile "you are still so young, I am sure your mother wouldn't wish you to carry such a heavy burden on your shoulders." She gets an idea and closes her eyes "what is your favorite place in the whole world? Your happy place if you will" She asks

She offers a small smile "you are still so young, I am sure your mother wouldn't wish you to carry such a heavy burden on your shoulders." She gets an idea and closes her eyes "what is your favorite place in the whole world? Your happy place if you will" She asks
Izzy just looked at the lady as she was asking about her happy place “ being in the clouds when mum took me to learn how to use my power i control Lightning “ she told her” I know I shouldn’t have the burden but I just feel lonely “ she told her

Izzy just looked at the lady as she was asking about her happy place “ being in the clouds when mum took me to learn how to use my power i control Lightning “ she told her” I know I shouldn’t have the burden but I just feel lonely “ she told her
She nods, easy enough. She opens her eyes and looks into the girls. Soon enough the girl would no longer see her, instead she was alone up in the clouds. She could feel the breeze of the wind, she could hear the sounds of serenity and peace, and smell the fresh air not touched by pollution. This was all of course an illusion, but it felt so real it could easily be mistaken.

She allows the girl to see this for about 10 minutes before letting reality slowly fade back in. Hoping it helped calm her down a bit.

Emiko Tezami

Emiko stood on the stage in the auditorium. She scanned across the hall, she looked at all the fresh blood, the kids coming today seemed different than the kids who came last year. These kids seemed a bit less equipped, most of the kids last year had heard about a school from a sibling or a parent. The kids here today didn’t look like any of her past student though some folks don’t look like their relatives.

She pulled out her clipboard that had a list of her students names and tried to look for students similar to the description of the student. She searched a bit and found a student who might be in her class a warlock. She studied the warlock, she didn’t recognize his features but he definitely looked like a warlock. She put a check mark by his name before going back to looking

DarkKitsune DarkKitsune

Once Vera was sure the girl had calmed down, she let her calm down alone and come back into the auditorium on her own terms.

She walks back in, it would seem she wasn't as late as she thought as there were still empty seats and students who had not filled in yet. She takes her place back in the back. Closing her eyes as she leans against the wall, listening to the sounds of nature from outside the school grounds as she waits for the welcome speech to start. Little breaks from reality are what keeps her sanity in huge groups of people. She finds it easier to focus in on one sound far from the crowds.

📚HYACINTH MARSH💧
INTERACTION: Defined Comedy Defined Comedy Peanut145 Peanut145 (mention)

“Nice to meet you Artioshi! And I think I can tolerate the cold”

Tolerating the cold wasn’t an extra ability or anything. When freezing water, he just got used to it, sure it was a bit of a pain, but it was something he learned to tolerate. He paused for a moment and processed the word Yuki Onna and scanned his brain—

“A Yuki Onna? As in like the snow Youkai from Japan? Okay, there are like 7 snow-related creatures there and probably more, but that’s cool! And explains a lot”

Hyacinth hadn’t met a youkai before—actually, the number of other supernaturals he met in the past prior to coming to the academy was down to three, all of which were warlocks. Even those meetings were brief. Regardless, he still did his research on other creatures! He wouldn’t be able to describe every single creature he’s learned about off the top of his head for sure. But if he hears the name, he might be able to recall what it is. His mind shifted back too ‘weren’t Yuki Onna women? Didn’t they also feast on travelers?’ Granted he probably wasn’t a full Yuki Onna and they were capable of eating regular food, so it's best not to worry about it. He also noticed a woman looking at him. The woman looked like a teacher, so he didn’t ask questions, especially since it looked like she was checking names off of a clipboard. When he brought up he’s never met a Warlock. He didn’t find it rude, especially since he lacked contact with his own kind.

“what my people are like…I’ll explain the best I can but my own knowledge is kinda limited because my parents decided to raise me around humans. Some warlock locks in my own experience are pretty competitive when it comes to magic…”

By someone, he meant all three of the previous ones he'd met in the past.

“Usually warlocks are taught by family members. My parents taught me the basics of water magic…. Man, now I am curious about what things are like with other warlocks. All I was really taught were traditions.”

A downside to being raised around humans was he didn’t know things besides tradition. He hoped the others didn’t mind it.​

Isabella starling 17 autoriumm

Izzy just smiled at the image when the lady walked she had some courage to walk in with her head up high but her eyes were still red from crying a moment she just sat on the front row as she saw a girl was next to her she had missed her mom but she hoped she would be okay she just looked at Dax as she nodded to him she was still sad but she was going to be okay she had the teachers to help through this even if she make some friends will help her get through this pain she had to be strong she didn't want to cry again she just looked around as she looked at all the teachers and students in the autorium BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising

Last edited:
Dax Maron|Headmaster|Unknown|Ancient Dragon|Auditorium|Everyone
Dax chuckled as he saw Emiko with her clipboard, no doubt trying to keep track of all the kids. He noticed Vera in the back and then saw Helina walk in with her daughter. He also noticed Zaahir becoming acquainted with the students already. "This shall be a great year!" He said with a grin, in a few moments he would begin his speech and fully announce who would be paired with whom for the dorms. Some of them would certainly make for interesting roommates and hopefully, no issues would arise, but if there were any true problems...they could rematch the students if it was really needed.

Esmarie Twilight|Nurse|30|Emopire|Medic Building|Rennie & Edwin
She sighed softly, "Don't worry kid, I will get you fixed up soon. Please stop screaming unless you want us all to be fried in a matter of seconds..." She said turning her glowing eyes to him, "Now please calm down." There was almost a commanding tone in her voice, it wouldn't fully calm him down. Using force on someone who was so emotionally unstable was a risk. It could very well set them off, but she couldn't have the kid screaming with Rennie here. "I'm the only Medic person in this building at the moment and it is very important that we tend to her first. I know you are in pain, but that will be solved in a matter of minutes once she has been calmed. Okay?" She glanced back to Rennie, "That's right you are in the academy, your brother can't reach you here, and even if he were to try. You have a bunch of very strong teachers who would protect you. We do take the safety of our students very seriously. As for my power, I'm an emopire, I am able to manipulate emotions. This is what I am currently trying to do in order to help both of you..." She sighed once more, "It's simply harder to do when focusing on more than one target. Let's get you back up in bed, are you okay with me picking you up. You have a broken foot and I'd you rather not put any more strain on it than you already have."
Texangamer Texangamer
SomeRandomCanuck SomeRandomCanuck

Helina Talzin|Music&Dance Teacher|300|Highborn Nature Elf|Auditorium|Maxine
Helina chuckled, "Can I not speak the truth of how adorable you are?" She asked as they walked into the Auditorium. There were already a decent amount of people trying to get settled in, which would make getting to the stage a bit difficult. "Feel like taking a ride?" She said with a small smirk, a vine curling up from the ground outside and meeting Helina's hand.
Texangamer Texangamer

Alcuris Twilight|16|Emopire|Auditorium|Launet
Alcuris was starting to feel overwhelmed by the amount of emotions flowing within the room and sweat beaded along his forehead. His breathing hitched slightly as he tried to block out the emotions around him. There were far too many to even try and select one to focus on. He shot up from his seat jumping over a row so he didn't have to ask people to move and raced for the door. Air!!! He needed air!!! He thought this wouldn't be a problem but it seemed he was wrong. He burst through the door and slammed into someone both of them slamming into the ground.

Launet Sefra|17|Demon/Unicorn|Auditorium|Alcuris
Launet had been pacing in front of the doors, chewing on her lip. She still wasn't sure if she wanted to head into the auditorium with all the people there....what would happen if someone touched her horn out of curiosity... She had finally made up her mind up her mind to head in when some boy with blue hair darted out slamming into her. "Ow..." She hissed as her butt hit the floor, "What..." Alcuris blushed for a moment, "I-I'm sorry!!!" He said scrambling off of her and holding out his hand. She noticed his hand was bleeding slightly. "It's okay..." She said softly before taking his hand and standing up. A faint pink energy glowed from Launet's body and Alcuris glanced at what she was looking at. Soon the scratches on his hand were gone, "Oh..thank you." She smiled, "No problem, just be more careful next time...you may not be so lucky." The boy had clearly been in a panic and it made her feel better for some reason. Knowing she wasn't the only one here that was unsure of themselves. "You feel like heading back inside?" Alcuris glanced toward the auditorium and then back to her, "Um...maybe...do you mind sticking with me?" Launet thought it was an odd request, "I mean I can, is there a reason for that though?" Alcuris frowned, "I'm sort of using your relaxed emotions to help me calm down..." Launet was surprised, "Oh that's cool, so you...oh....I get it all those people in there were probably overbearing for you." He nodded, "Yes, but your energy is weirdly relaxed...and very strong..." "Sure. I'm Launet, a demon/unicorn." Alcuris stared at her for a moment, "I know it's a weird mix..." He shook his head, "Would explain the energy around you, I'm Alcuris, an Emopire aka Emotional Vampire..." She smiled, "Well I was planning to hang out in the back...don't want anyone touching my horn by mistake. Is that fine with you?" He nodded, "Perfect actually." They headed back in and he found she wasn't joking, she made sure she was away from the others tucked into one of the far back corners. It made Alcuris wonder what was so special about the horn on her head.

Finn|14|King Cobra Shifter|Auditorium|Open
Sleeping...

April Valence|16|Water Spirit Contractor|Auditorium|Izzy
April glanced over to a girl that sat down next to her, she looked really sad. She looked as if she had been crying and April felt a twinge of sympathy for the girl even without knowing her circumstances. "Hey there. My name is April Valence, what's your name? I love your hair color, then again I may be a bit biased to the color blue being a Water Spirit Contractor!" She said with a small chuckle, as she extended her hand towards the girl.
Texangamer Texangamer

Kyrin|16|Living Sword of Ice|Auditorium|Open
Kyrin was in his sword form, floating in the air above people's heads, he didn't really feel like sitting with the rest of the students. He wondered when things would start. He thought about transforming into his human form but sadly his human form couldn't float like so. He looked over the other students, some of them looked interesting and he was drawn to a few of them who held colder energy around them. Probably people with ice abilities such as himself.​

Layton Esmond
CtwIOwS8WXlRVGvEUmsfZJyE8nqrZSXHawJby4XEEvbbPuA7SYyOEsYJ6VBUNcIteK3Dhev6W9vcM-ZdKyx1kpo8PzBsix68-Ur0ePN7GMrp2fiNbwwtYxdj6RQeSaUxq0IfwS_xRm6vsntdiwQm2jywo8FWrq4ouFUO8-83Ppk_m_M0l6sl16Avt3jtgvA72CR4jlbj4c251kO98g1PHP1GBM4ARMN6XXYzT6qF4LXxiLTmOo5AR-Vbmd1f4_tMN4iT9iG2QyC7riSTuMU8lcwNihgapto2IlCndiuXINy-C2wJGca9wRYqNEyTwMjInc_OF_nGgpcH9y9_tyTAAPJhKbZndkbWOkOcw_D1rynqQRa3x-QGe_f_2cRAKrhgOao8wVeoSR54sg5Jo5yfcNXbOFJ1e3dxbYHcQCpdSI92ndD3l1W5y1jv1a8Ad5P_VMOFKOn-t4lTkiIyfx4bJKOVKhY7H1uNFtI1IqqA0QYNx24_wjNpJVsFhZekbG6M2HY7IhJSifdS1mZ4gM7zzaQIdVDeEg3xCJ5xYIVP9xexGTQssaqh0VjxUTlcElA23Cqsb2DKWb_kELrpKTxy5HuhnKq3CggG7s2Lj6UHGqhnW5FGgR_TI4PZ1D_D9GL1D1QYFZ4OIkvIct5aQBxzKJ_PdybXl0VX70AmGdAjga-0jPO6x1p9ciUCHsiRb1IpD0Yrp_sm_0BVf6L-MzJhSepE_25T-NiNY324ZB9AVwd5UxFT42wk616fjnH2Y-vhCbjt92O09aGHPI-gWWAyjDCsaXjMx5UrXLS0Rw_hrrAidmL7xZqzAiaHnHC24y0JLS0JoM1HQEhLeUK1tZVYhGZ31q2zklBA-VJhEybbAqkR8yMvJdCqNiBQR-CAk7JE2jEsc8XjvKbkanfEFBfuHwiXR47oS8CwO9lpziMouKjA=w701-h1053-s-no

Mentions: None

Interactions: Open

His eyes peered open when he heard the increasing volume of students around him. Eyes shifted from the even larger crowd of students, back to the headmaster, and then back to the floor once again. Why did he need to be here again? The only thing that really interested him is the dorm assignments. He had no idea who his roommate was. Or what they might be like. He just hoped they would get along. He might never return to his dorm if his roommate was either too scary or too awkward to be around. Maybe he could sneak out for a bit. So long as he came back before the end of the speech...he'd be fine right? Or was it already over? He looked back at the headmaster with narrowed eyes...that sounded like an ending to a speech...did he fall asleep and didn't even realize it!? He hates when that happens. Oh well! Either way, he was high tailing outta here. This had to be the best idea he's had all day!

He glanced around trying to spot the teachers before getting up and heading out the door. He was already towards the back so it was a very short trip to the door. And after the commotion with the blue-haired guy who suddenly ran through the door...hopefully, he shouldn't really be noticed. Once in the lobby, he looked around. He assumed he wouldn't be allowed to actually leave the building yet. And he didn't want to actually go too far in case he needed to come back. So, he wandered into the only other room on this floor. Which happened to be the lunchroom. It seemed to be rather empty since most students were in the auditorium still. So he decided to look around. And if he was lucky, maybe he could get some early food in before the hoard of students run him over! He'd much rather be dead than caught in a packed lunch room.

Zaahir Hakimi
hwVxAXDNXJK1tcvqNtZx1CBQ2SWZS70CUj4DIUzu_0XYoxwzQ5So2lE0vi0MdFmkmw3SuC2hM1PB4ohEtmjzGw1OlTxeovOWrB7zFOoddiSIaMcBpci5RM-21V-5uQwVNQq23Or0dRcRiQAOzifJ68vdtgKuYiE7E0-KozdjjY34fF5uGcBbq1ka9PVNd3mqWL_Ut0iSuqXm_k66E3IeUQhDbqP-9fpfbPIdvwEusBLnzmHYczR9TYEIykNNBuEeT_qUPcFH4na7jyVQonWg8rDF5Ghr6kYjaLo85wTUW65jF5KjCLUJxVcnsRpUUVCh3ELkRkd9FyGfIQj30HqN1KVAgBvZh1E8uP-E1mWgwRTO8gSzZGGP8VYxcQb2sPfvxEZoT4mntweqdWy-uVm3_85DF1JtK1IImDSz2ELR5nK7ym5sxF0OcQYA0EoZRfO9g9tJRmzu9d7eMzyKb602GZwiJgBwBh2Akxz9EkrS7OVYKjc_1hKONljJmR484BdDoTDKH-_qDx9oTsL0NLgxBzvSpnXS84dFOrtybx2ZcX9yFqJccWsEzAEnfgxK7V0m35NpjQP84a2S29vze0gQiBbKMhlF17Qo6HUHyd6wOnbZPBQj5zN0fIre5iuF6J9sKU2o4d3umoqe3oig2CoBmuXAnThvTQ-XUIrlXjhlHI5TxLt_77mjcWOGNJMXmA2gFXy1FM8kLkT2yAv9MD1cnD_FtXE12I8XLojgUdWtBR0W4x2NOjAgXBL8WJcu1ILkk1WzCZCDOjwdhBkVbLr6hi8TEgqLCsz14TKrjEyq84Q5ElYZQ88xjucBSudFeNDd3ttA6RCBpsPtMLSDOfvN74AdN47hZuVoiiGIoyxz0B0OKgHaTBXR7-KxEgrgfVppPAyC1ZtdhBBLL2bhFDN5BojWAr0XupBAAXQoYIqIb1m1_w=w994-h1053-s-no

Mentions: None

Interactions: Viktor Hall ( SomeRandomCanuck SomeRandomCanuck ) You're good! I have no problems with anything <3
He smiled at the introduction of Viktor's feathery friend. "You two are quite the pair, huh? It's a pleasure to meet you as well, Pestilence." He mused, letting the bird peck at him as his attention turned back to Viktor. Listening to his explanation. Nodding along at the reasoning he was given. What a way of thinking. It seems they were on very different wavelengths about this. Accepting one's role as a bringer of death and disease "Huh. Well if you're good with that, then fantastic! Don't let my words stop you. Though I don't doubt that there are other ways to use your abilities. I've seen some really creative people over the years." And those types of people were always the most interesting.

"Chuckaboos." He repeated amusedly. Has he ever heard of a word like that being used? Was that some fancy way of saying friends? He could only assume so. He glanced up when a cane was motioned towards the overhanging lights "You mean...the lightbulbs?" He chuckled as he looked up at the lights. "They're not as expensive as you think. Something tells me you haven't lived in the modern world for too long." At first, he thought the kid was just enamored with Victorian-looking styles. He didn't even know if that was a Victorian style. Human history wasn't his forte after all. But now...it seemed like this kid literally time-traveled from the past. Lights shouldn't normally be the source of someone's excitement. "Well, it's nice that you're looking forward to it. If you weren't I'd fear you'd be miserable here at school. Bordem can be one of the worse types of punishment."

Oh. He didn't get the joke. He grinned at Viktor at the other's praise! Nothing wrong with the kid thinking he was the best for a little while. "As you should! I work hard to keep my classes entertaining for you students." He gloated he'd ride his supposed number one teacher rank for as long as he could. "Don't apologize. You're looking out for yourself and those around you. No shame in doing that. You're free to stop by regardless. If you wish to just learn about them, then I am happy to tell you about them!" Having someone to ramble to about creatures is always such a joy. His eyes moved towards the front when he heard the headmaster speak. Wondering if his speech was finally about to start.

Last edited:
Rennie 13 Angel/demon Medic Building
1685575393694.png
Rennie just looked at the nurse as she felt safe here she hated her brother more than anything as she sighed" yeah brother used to abuse me he hated me and thought I was a freak for having powers" she say" he wouldn't let me use my power I have no control over my power" she told her as she looked over at the scary angry boy she got why he was mad it was her fault that she burned him but didn't mean to she was scared and confused" I'm sorry for burning you i really didn't mean to burn you i don't have any control please forgive me" she say she looked back at the lady as she was asked if she could pick her up" yeah you can pick me up i don't even know if i can get myself back onto the bed" she told her as she winced the pain on her foot really did hurt" how exactly did I break my foot I wonder" she told her BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising SomeRandomCanuck SomeRandomCanuck

Izzy
1685575450782.png
Izzy just looked at the girl that had talked to her she just smiled as she said that she liked her hair" Yeah I like my hair too it's nice to meet you too I'm Isabella Starling but I got by Izzy" she say as she looked at her" oh that must be cool controlling water spirits" she say as she was twirling her hair with finger" I control lighting I'm a Lighting Celestial" she told the girl as she had thought of her mother as she sighed it was so hard to not think about her" I'm kinda nervous about starting school" she say as she wished she had something from her mother to remember her from she just looked up as she felt tears in her eyes" sorry I just lost my mother it's been hard on me I didn't even wanted to come today" she told her" glad I did cause I wouldn't been able to meet you" she say

Maxine Talzin

1685575922889.png
Maxine just looked at Mum as she was blushed" No it's not that" she say as she looked around as she saw there were a lot of students" Mum do you think I can make friends it just I don't really know how to make friends" she said as she looked up at her mum" do you think you can make me a flower crown" she asked as she thought the flower crowns are really cool she saw a vine was on her hand as she smiled" a vine I guess it's wanted to get a ride" she says to her mum" I wonder what my classes will be like especially yours too" she told her mum she glad she stayed with her mum in her apartment she didn't want to stay in the dorm she felt a tear come down her face she didn't know why the tear came down her face it was weird maybe it was cause she missed her daddy​

Last edited:
Emiko Tezami

She moved toward the side of stage. She didn’t exactly want to be looking through a list of students and marking students off while Dax gave his dramatic welcome to school speech like every year. As she walked she winked at him, not really a rare occurrence she often winked at her fellow school staff members. Some habitats die hard.

She went back to her list, searching through the crowd of teens. It took her a moment to spot one of her students, it felt as though there were less and less kids wanting to join the Sword fighting and Archery class. It seemed as though magic was over taking psychical combat in the last decade or more. She spotted a mineral based constructed person. She studied the teen.

She couldn’t quite tell what type of student they would be, she could never tell for sure what type of student anyone could be. She usually had a very good guess. She couldn’t quite tell how they were feeling or quite anything about them, maybe because she was rock. She looked forward to learning more about this particular student.

galvanismgal galvanismgal BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising

Zak Raine
Socialization: Open (with De-let) DarkKitsune DarkKitsune
Profile: Link!
-
"Yeah with how many different people are here, it'll probably be pretty wild to see everything that they can do," Zak agreed with a small nod toward her. He imagined that some people here might not be able to do much of anything magical or with any powers but might just be something that wasn't human...and so a safe place for them to interact and learn was going to be helpful for them, to be sure.

He nodded toward her, giving his usual lazy grin at her words then about making friends before gesturing back toward himself with a thumb. "Well you've got one already, so hopefully it won't be all that hard for you to make more. Now that we're around our own people, or at least like... people that can do cool stuff, we don't need to hide who we are or whatever. We can just be ourselves and everyone can have some good fun with it," he added, nodding along.

An optimist by trade, Zak didn't really consider some of the negative interactions that some people may have with one another...but for the most part, people here seemed to be settling in all right, although there were a few that were sticking mostly to themselves. He wanted to try to meet everyone at some point or another, but he didn't know how long it'd be before this whole thing kicked off.

At her words, he blinked, glancing at her. "Woah, really? Huh. Maybe I'm not that bad off then," he mused, scratching at his jaw. "Oh well, I still try to sympathize where I can. Kind of hard to understand why someone's sad when you can manifest your sadness and have a heart-to-heart with it," he added with a grin.

✡️DE-LET LOUI✡️
INTERACTION: Whitefog Whitefog

To be fair, she thought it was normal to attempt to be sympathetic with others, for most people. Then he brought up how he could manifest his own sadness and have a heart to heart with it. She understood how that would make empathy difficult. However, it did grant her an interesting image of what that could be like. He must handle his emotions better than most— which was by no means bad. He was lucky emotions sucked when he attempted to understand them.

“Maybe you’ll end up being able to learn to empathize with people better while you're here. Either way, you seem alright with it to me, all things considered.”

This was true. This was also a De-lets attempt at positivity. She wasn’t the most optimistic person on the planet. But she figured she didn’t want to be too negative around someone who already considered her a friend…
A friend…She was surprised when the sentence came out of her mouth but she was also relieved at the same time. She hadn’t made any first impressions so far.

“So…do you have any Electives picked out? I am in creature riding”

This was a surprisingly calm interaction despite Zak obviously being more energetic than she was.​

Lode 17 mineral construct
Interaction: open/ Peanut145 Peanut145
(let me know if anything needs changing)

Quite a number of commotions seemed to be happening as students further filled in and mixed together. Nothing that seemed pressing or worth panicking over though hopefully it wouldn’t set any of them up for a bad start to the school year. In a new place one's social life typically formed on the first days if you cared about those sorts of things.

Drawing their attention away from the going Ons it seemed more professors had arrived and one met lode’s gaze. She didn’t try to analyze much about them since when the supernatural was involved it was hard to learn anything past their appearance without making assumptions. All the lode could pick up is that the figure would be judged as attractive by some societies and that based on the clipboard the professor seemed to be taking attendance or making notes about the students.

No one else seemed to be saying anything so lode simply held their hand up in a small I’m here type gesture and mouthed present just in case.

Viktor Hall
1685570696391.png
Viktor took a moment to ponder Professor Hakimi’s words about his abilities, though he couldn’t imagine how or why someone would modify or search for other applications to his ability. Even so the thought was intriguing to say the least “I’ll keep that in mind Professor, there is…. promise of what you speak.” Viktor looked towards his cane, its caduceus shaped head made him wonder what changes the world would have upon his kind, but he guessed either way it mattered not to him.

“Um companions, comrades, mates. Just a form of linguistics I am used to.” Viktor explained, he could understand much of his professor's amusement at the word, it hasn’t been more than a few days and Viktor too had been tackled with words used in seemingly bizarre and unique ways. This new world was intriguing if not messy and confusing to the young Chuma. At the explanation of the luminescent orbs above them Viktor hummed in amusement, though to those around them it sounded more foreboding and sickly than that of interest. “Light… bulbs…. I see…” he replicated the sound until it was comfortable enough to repeat “Quite a utilitarian name if I must say, but are you sure they are not expensive? I must repent. I do not know much of the current market place but such contraptions I believe could easily be sold at 80… no 100 quid per so called bulb.”

Viktor followed his query with a small nod “That is indeed correct professor, for me this world is a more fantastical than Charles Dickens recent tales. Interestingly my father told me he was one of Dickens inspirations for that.” he noted, his voice slightly increasing as to indicate a more playful tone, though if that got across to the other member of the conversation was a different matter. “Boredom… I suppose I would be inclined to agree with you professor.” he added as he thought back to his cold tomb, maybe that is why Viktor felt he was expressing more emotion then he had back before her royal majesties’ men trapped him on that icy wasteland.

Looking at the wide grin of his professor Viktor merely assumed that Sir Hakimi held pride for his work and accomplishments, or at the very least the man certainly had a gigglemug. At the opening of an invitation to learn about the various creatures Viktor reached for his hat, lifting it slightly in a form of thanks before placing it back on his head. “Many thanks professor, I will await an opportunity to come visit and am sure our year together will be… fruitful.” before as following the other’s lead and turning in deathly silence to observe his new headmaster deliver his speech.

Mentions/Interactions: Bloody_Death Bloody_Death

Last edited:
646a14ae70ec5a3e5a8862d6f5b75943.jpg
Nora Williams // 16

Interaction: OPEN

Auditorium... auditorium... Nora muttered under her breath as her eyes scanned the map of the campus grounds she held in her hands. She looked up with a puzzled expression. The atmosphere was truly exciting, all around her crowds of students were walking to and throe, the buzz of excited chatter filled her ears. Nora, like the rest of the students arriving at the academy, was extremely excited to have learned that there was a school where she would meet other students like herself, those with extraordinary gifts.. or curses, depending on how you looked at it. She was certainly one of the luckier ones, her powers were easily hidden and to most people she appeared to be an ordinary human, yet upon setting foot on the grounds of Maxwood academy, she had seen all manner of curiosities, students with different coloured skins, some with tails and horns and- Was that a giant snake?

Nora had decided to follow the general flow of students to find her destination. This quickly proved to be a good idea as she soon found herself at the doors to the auditorium, yet she was now being smothered by the mass of students making their way in to the building. She weaved and pushed her way through the crowd, doing her best to avoid any stray elbows that might accidentally hit her face, as she stood at a mere 5'1, the perfect height for rogue elbows and even the occassional knee to the chin. Finally she managed to seperate herself from the crowd, coming out mostly unscathed. Yet just as she thought she was in the clear, a passing girl flicked her hair straight in to Norah's face.

Aaa..aaa...ACHOOOO
Nora sneezed violently causing her to teleport several feet forward by accident. She felt as if she had just been slapped and had somewhat bad whiplash. Her glasses now sitting lopsided on her face. She glanced around the auditorium, wondering if anyone had seen what had just happened, her cheeks rosy with a sense of embarrassment.

Edwin Yates
1685581217423.png

“Stop screaming!? I think this is a perfectly acceptable amount of sc-” Edwin’s words cut short as the piercing glowing eyes of the nurse dug into him, her commanding words causing him to close his mouth in a form of self preservation. What was more odd however was how her words seemed to sap some of his panic, fear, and anger away. Edwin couldn’t understand why he felt so much calmer compared to mere moments prior but he was… more at peace. He was still frustrated and the pain of the burns still caused him to be unwilling to move away but no longer was he freaking out at the situation.

“F-Fi-ne, fine just make sure she doesn’t end up turning me into charred meat. I mean, I know that I’m hot, but I’m not willing to turn into Pot-au-Feu” he chuckled harshly to himself, trying to use humor to give himself some form of control in this hellscape. He continued to listen to the two’s conversation, attempting to let the nurse take away her attention in order to avoid having to construct a lie about his “powers”. “Note to self, construct a useless ass power that can’t be proven in the next 4 hours to lie about” Edwin noted in his mind, observing the two he noted that the girl was injured, not to mention something about an older brother? Edwin didn’t hear clearly, he was too preoccupied with his own duress and thoughts to pay close attention to their conversation.

That didn’t however stop him from hearing about the supposed emopire, “Emopire, that’s got to be a bad joke right? Like what? They listen to My Chemical Romance and try to break into Hot Topic at night while sucking blood?” His mind’s sense of humor caused Edwin to laugh a bit out loud before coughing a bit to stop himself. “Sorry, sorry, continue.” he muttered, but hearing of what emopires actually did Edwin’s face contorted into displeasure, “Was I? Did she? She fucked with my mind! THEY CAN DO THAT!!!” His thoughts quickly thought of the worst in the situation before he reined back control though his showed none of this on the surface, his face remaining cold and stoic as too hide his inner mind's words “Ok that’s disturbing as hell, but hopefully, she couldn’t tell that I was human and I can just pretend that having my mind messed with is a total normal thing that happens everyday.”

Hearing the girl's apology, Edwin’s face grimaced, lighting someone on fire, even accidentally wasn’t going to fly by with just an apology, no matter how sorry or unfortunate the girl was. Especially since he couldn’t afford the luxury of being injured when trying to survive this new hell of his. “You don’t just fix these things with an apology. Don’t say it to make yourself feel better, just stay away from me I don't care what else you do.” Edwin said, his voice becoming cold and uncaring, his eyes narrowing showing his piercing disgust at her for turning his entire body away to no longer face the two, waiting until he could get some treatment and just continue on with his day. This shitty shitty fucking day.

Mentions/Interactions: Texangamer Texangamer BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising

Aritoshi Izumi. An Icy Veil.
Interactions/Mentions: Hyacinth ( DarkKitsune DarkKitsune )
His smile held as the short breath of a laugh escaped his lips. It was surprising how kind this individual was towards him. Perhaps it was just simple politeness, but the statement made him think back to stories of overconfident adventurers tempted by the mountains mystique. Or at least what his mother had told them of the ones she experienced. More unexpected, though, was the surprising knowledge that the boy had. "That's the one. I was actually living there with my mother before coming here." Though complications had arisen since then, it was true that a mountain in Japan was 'home' until recently.

Izumi's attention was fully focused on the storyteller next to him; truthfully, he'd always been curious about the other Yokai back home. With how widespread the culture of students here was, even from a brief glimpse, he couldn't help but find it bemusing. "I would say that's an impressive feat. To learn magic while near humans. I've always lived a fair distance from them, but they always seemed so eager to investigate any whiff of suspicions they had." From the faint understanding Izumi now had of warlocks, they seemed pretty amazing. People who were able to practice the arcane right under the noses of human passersby. In comparison, he'd have been told to stir up a wintry storm as a deterrent. Maybe the two were similar in that regard, with each of their species being secretive. Their methods were likely different, but he'd already started to draw out a few parallels in his head.

"Tradition is the strength our ancestors passed on... Or that's what I've been told a dozen times. This academy is a rather large place, so perhaps we'll find other warlocks among our classmates?" The likelihood wasn't zero, so pushing that hopefulness forward didn't feel disingenuous. Pondering for a moment, he thought back to the pamphlet he'd been given detailing which courses would be offered by the academy: "If I remember correctly, I noticed that there was an elemental control course in this school. We might have the opportunity to meet a few like ourselves there."

Rennie 13 Angel/demon Medic building

1685582230259.png

Rennie just looked down as her feelings were hurt from what he had said yeah she hurt him she just looked at her hands while they were shaking sometimes she hated her powers she heard whet he had to her why was he so mean why did he had to be so crule her she just started. to scratch her arm hard she didn't care she just wanted to be happy but how she could to be happy tears just was staining her face she looked at Ms twilight as she couldn't hold her emotions she just placed her hands on her face as she continued. to cry why couldn't he forgive her" why just...." she say trying to control her emotions it was hard with the boy having so much hatred to her she looked at ms twilight" you can take care of him first i just want him to leave" she say looking at him in her eyes as the tears were coming down she felt too much sadness she felt depressed BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising SomeRandomCanuck SomeRandomCanuck

Malcom Willems|16|Werewolf

“Dorm mates? That’ll be interesting. Although I hope I don’t get some blob monster as a roommate…” Malcom shuddered by just imagining the hypothetical mess his future roommate would cause and he would be the one to clean it up. He sighed as he looked down on the floor. “Was coming here a good idea? I just want to live a normal life with my pops…” As Malcolm was suddenly startled by a sudden “Aaa..aaa...ACHOOOO” followed by a girl suddenly appearing lopsided beside him. The girl quickly straightened herself out before looking around.

Malcolm decided that it would be best to introduce himself so he can at least try to make friends. “Uh, nice trick you got there.”

Interactions: Asua Asua

Zak Raine
Socialization: Open (with De-let) DarkKitsune DarkKitsune | Noticed (Nora) Asua Asua
Profile: Link!
-
Zak's lazy grin brightened a little more at the compliment. "Hey, thanks. At least I'm managing to do something right, yeah?" he spoke, mostly just teasing at the idea that he was all right. "But maybe. Wonder if they teach emotional maturity as an elective?" he asked aloud, not really serious regarding the answer but all the same he couldn't help but to wonder if maybe they actually would have something like that, especially as the kids all got older. There was all manner of possibilities and having the power to melt someone's face off felt like it should come with some form of control so you didn't just...do it if you got too angry.

He hadn't really noticed (as the boy was daft as he was friendly) regarding how well she had taken to being called a friend, yet all the same Zak could see that she was at least starting to open up a bit more, which was nice. De-let seemed like someone who just hadn't had a chance to really become the type of person she wanted to be- and while he had no grand designs such as being the one to help her become that person, all the same, Zak was the sort who would probably help with that by accident, just be being a friendly sort.

At her question on Electives, his eyes lit up. "Yeah yeah! Creature Riding, Music and Dance, and uh...Elemental Control, are what I grabbed. Creature riding and Music seemed to be a lot of fun, and then Elemental Control...probably good for whatever aspects of my personality come out, y'know?" he asked. "If you wanted to come along to one too, I'm sure they'd let you pick more if you wanted," he said, about to move onto something else when he saw a girl take a few steps forward and then just straight-up teleport a few feet forward.

"Oh woah! That's cool too! This whole place is awesome," he declared.

📚HYACINTH MARSH💧
INTERACTION: Defined Comedy Defined Comedy

“Huh, my parents' method of teaching was taking me out into an area where humans are too scared to visit or don’t know exists…”

Of course, there were also more precautions taken for it. But that was the basis and it secured less risk of getting caught with magic. Especially in this day in age, they had to be careful of teaching Hyacinth…and by that logic, it was also normal for Hyacinth, when conducting experiments on magic behind their backs, to also take those same precautions… with some extra measures. He didn’t know if he wanted to discuss the human thing though, since they clearly grew up in different circumstances. One where Aritoshi doesn’t understand them or probably doesn’t like them much and Hyacinth’s situation allowed him to understand things from their perspective. If he and Aritoshi could be friends he wouldn’t want to throw the chance out the window. Maybe when they, or if they got to know each other, they would have a different conversation af a later date just in case it was a sensitive topic. When he spoke about ancestry he agreed. It made sense considering when he was young his father had explained how most warlock families prefer to keep a spell or two strictly passed on and out of the way of warlocks from outside the family to be taught. Though that’s not why Hyacinth was obsessed with magic, as he was. He was curious. He wanted to study it, maybe find something that others have missed.

“I can agree with that, and maybe we will find other warlocks! Or other yokai as well! There seems to be quite a variety… here…”

He gulped, remembering the crowd of people and anxiety started swirling in the pit of his stomach. He changed tracks and he took the first chance too, when the elemental control course was mentioned.

“You are in the elemental control course as well? Awesome! Do you have any other electives you’re in? I ended up getting put in survival class and sword and archery because my parents thought it’d be beneficial and I agreed.”

He was put in the elemental control course by his parents simply because having a natural talent for water magic ran on both sides of the family and Hyacinth didn’t fail to inherit that affinity either. If anything, it’s the basis of most of his experiments and how he discovered the bloom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back