• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Master Thread - (Fantasy, Romance, Sci-Fi & More!)

Isolus

Lady of the Lexicon
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Original RP Prompts | Master List
Last Updated: 5/19/18
Right, so I was a idiot who accidentally posted this before I could add any prompts!
Soooo it's going to be a while before I can add all of them on - thank you for your patience.
But feel free to send me a PM or respond to this thread if you have any ideas or cravings.
I'd love to hear what you had in mind!

21X2wU2FbO-YoxAccPyupfjftpGzg7fShWn6gQbMtVo9QEasLE-Ij59VQ4hBMADLdTaI6xS9hLypMF7BK5xAmT-wKQwSvzpDQGczB6idqTAIucRsAE-tpXC9FiWOHXXB6HfrzdCS

Hello there, you lovely people. My name is Hannah (hannsthemanns), but most people call me Hanns or Hannsy. I am an English Major who works at an IT Company in Colorado. Oh, and did I mention that I also love to roleplay! I’ve been roleplaying for about 6-7 years, but I’ve honestly been writing stories and creating characters for as long as I could remember. This thread is for original stories, as those are what I love the most. But I might set up a fandom document if I feel so inspired. The link will be updated here once it is done!

Since I’ve gotten back into my love for roleplaying again, I’ve set up this document for any future roleplay partners as well as to keep things orderly for my own sake. I welcome all types of writers/roleplayers, so I’d love to know your rules as well. Feel free to ask questions about anything below. I promise that I very friendly and I’m pretty chill in regards to this sorts of stuff!

Although I do consider myself to be a pretty lax writing when it comes to writing with other people involved, I do have a few general rules that I like to follow when it comes to roleplaying (or collaborative writing if that’s what you prefer to call it).
  1. The most important rule for me when it comes to roleplay is having fun and if you or I aren’t excited about the roleplay, then it’s going to be a real downer for not only me but for you as well. So all I ask is for a partner who is invested and contributes to the story. Please contribute to the roleplay, please be open about rules and most importantly, please be friendly! If I feel like I have to step on eggshells around you, you're probably not the person I am looking for.
  2. My writing style is novella, meaning that I will write on average anywhere from four to eight paragraphs at a time. I’ve been known to write even more if I feel so inspired! Yes, my response times do take longer but it is because you will get a longer, quality response. If this scares you, I’m sorry! I just love to write but I do realize that this isn’t for everyone so I don’t want this to hinder you from wanting to roleplay with me. Please let me know your writing length and preference and I will definitely work something out that flows best.
  3. I mentioned that my emphasis is English studies, but I am by no means a grammar nazi. I make plenty of spelling mistakes, so you don’t have to worry about me correcting you! All I ask is that you roleplay in third person and that you are trying your best when it comes to grammar.
Honestly, those are all of my main guidelines. Below, you can find some quick, minor info that might help seal the deal on if I am a compatible roleplayer with you.
  • I roleplay on many platforms! Some of my most active places are Discord and RPRepository ( The RP Repository ). If none of these appeal to you, I can also do Skype and GoogleDocs!
  • As a general rule, I don’t ever play canon characters (these are characters that are franchised and owned under a company). Fan characters might be an exception, but just to be on the safe side I ask that you use original characters. We can talk about fan characters though, if you're really set on it!
  • In regards to romance, it doesn't have to me a must for me. While I do enjoy the cute fluff that comes with it, I also crave platonic relationships! If we can find some sort of balance, I think that would work out the best for us in the long run.
  • This one isn’t really important... but I am an artist on the side so be prepared to be spammed with our characters in doodles and pictures!
Fantasy
Sci-Fi
✲ Historical Fiction
Adventure/Quest
✲ Action
Horror/Psychological Horror
✲ Apocalypse
✲ Dystopia
Comedy/Dark Comedy
Romance
Slice of Life

Now for the fun part! The roleplaying - I firmly believe that stories can have multiple genres and many of my prompts do as well. I put this table up here as a reference to a prompt’s main or overarching genre. This is the central genre that shapes the story the largest and can open the door to other genres as well. I hope this helps with some of the confusion! Some prompts may be closed due to it already having a partner or even to the fact that it’s something I’m not craving at the moment. Note that these are just prompts. They can be re-written to fit our own needs. So if you have an idea or a craving, don’t hesitate to ask me! I am certain we can work something out.

1 | Fantasy
_27__by_lexiconicy-dcc0fh4.png

Genres: Fantasy, Romance, Adventure/Quest
Optional Pairing(s): witch-x-knight, witch-x-maiden, witch-x-human (FxM, FxF, MxM)
Keywords: (dragon) (soul) (sea) (forbidden forest) (shapeshifter) (magic) (witch)

Once upon a time when the race of men where in need of great aid, nine of the great spirits were sent from the celestial halls and were bound onto the mortal world to aid the mortal man for one thousand years. It is said that these spirits cannot return to the celestial plain until they this age has ended. These spirits bound themselves into human bodies and thus, these spirits were known to mortal man as 'witches'. Some were revered as good, others whispered to be wicked, and then there were some with whom none knew who to call.

One of the eight great spirits is known as the Ivory Lady and she is the Witch of the Willow.

Your OC (adventurer, knight, princess, maiden, anything) has close ties to an island archipelago kingdom spread over the sea near the coast of the western woods. However, kingdom itself is in danger of fading away weather it is from the rising tide breaking apart the kingdom's foundations or the water dragons who have migrated from the east in the realm. Desperate to save their home and hearing that Witch of the Willow beyond the coast, your OC ventures into the forbidden woods to persuade her to bless the crumbling kingdom before it sinks into the sea.
_19__by_lexiconicy-dbwe2hv.png

Genres: Fantasy (or Modern Fantasy)Romance, Adventure/Quest
Optional Pairing(s): goddess-x-angel, goddess-x-demon, goddess-x-human (FxM, MxM, FxF)
Keywords: (end times) (reincarnated goddess) (lost) (fallen)

Prologue:
Everyone thinks that gods are immortal. But even though mortal man cannot slay them, does not mean they cannot die.

The legend goes that the cosmos were once in such chaos that a war raged out high in the heavens between sun god and the moon goddess. All of the celestial deities of law, life and nature came together and choose a side. It was either side of their sun king or the side the queen of the night. Thus, they fought for nearly a millennium. It’s said that heaven groaned and bent loudly under their relentless hatred for one another. And within the thousandth year, the moon eclipsed the sun and the heavens split in two. The immortals were devoured. The universe was left on it’s own, only buying time before it's inevitable demise.

Many say this is where it ends - that the gods are dead and that is why the land is slowly dying. But a legend also says that not all the gods have fallen. It is said that there is one, the only daughter of the sun and moon, whose soul was casted out of heaven moments before it was destoryed. Her soul now lies buried in the bones of a mortal that she may have a chance to restore what their kind has destroyed.

Present Day:
Your OC (female of any age) lives a safe yet sheltered life in a small upper class community known as Neuhaven. You’ve grown up with a caring mother who has cared for you the best she can, despite being blind. She’s given you lots of love and you are well provided for regardless. From growing up inside the walls of the city, you have an idealized yet innocent view of how the world works.

Despite your life appearing to be perfect, you know something is missing. Deep down in your bones, you feel like you didn’t fit in here even if you don’t know why. That something is missing and that you have a purpose beyond filling the hole the community wants you to fill. Sometimes, you sneak away your secret place where you can think to yourself. Until one day, you stumble upon something. In your secret place away from people, there is what looks like to be a crack… in the air next to you. In the normally clean, fresh air, there is a black crack that hums and sparks upon closer examination. You can’t see anything at first, but it seems to be growing bigger everyday.

One day, it grows big enough that you can peek through it. All you see is blackness at first, but as it gets bigger more things come into view of the other side. Things you never thought you’d see…

There seems to be a lot of things you don’t know. You don’t know that outside this fake hologram dome over your city, there is another world. One that is colder, harsher and filled with people who wander the Earth trying to survive. You don’t know that your community is an illusion created by a strange government with even strange men and women who seem to be nothing more than puppets in the system. You don’t know that your safe haven will soon become apart of an age old battle ground between the proletarians and the bourgeois the moment that shield comes down. And it will come down, leaving you to face the bitter cold outside with no chance of return.

You don’t know that the sun is going to die unless an immortal mends it, that the elements are withering away and the stars will wander from their orbits unless an immortal keeps the balance. You don’t know that the moon is slowly pulling further away and the seasons are growing colder. You don’t know that you are the child of the god, sent here to save humanity from the same fate that took your ancestors. You’re here to save humanity before it's too late.

2 | Apocalypse
_26__by_lexiconicy-dcc0e4n.png

Genres: Apocalypse, Adventure/Quest, Horror/Psychological Horror, (Optional - Romance)
Optional Pairing(s): survivor-x-survivor (FxM, MxM, FxF)
Keywords: (outbreak) (end of days) (radio) (code) (apocalyptic) (cure) (hope)

These are the end of days. Pocket of humanity is scattered across of a unforgiving wasteland, where a virus from the radioactive fallout has created mutated creatures and ravenous undead who pray on the living. The virus is transmitted through contact with the infected and can become air born, making it impossible for humans to remain within the open air for too long least they mutate into the monsters they hide from.

Your OC (male or female of any age), awakens in an old barn with a gunshot wound to the back and an old backpack that contains a small handheld radio. It's been confiscated by a group of survivors who found you and nursed you back to health. Miraculously, you survived your wounds but the radio is causing a greater stir among the group than your impossible recovery. Why? Because the radio is transferring a signal from a supposed safe zone on the west coast, where a cure is being heavily researched - the radio plays only one song over and over again, but the song is secretly telling listeners coordinates to the safe zone.

Whether your OC knows of this secret code or not, you are in debt to these survivors and the promise of a safe heaven being played through a simple song through a handheld radio, there is no other choice than to brave the dead lands.

3 | Dystopian
_26__by_lexiconicy-dc5co8g.png

Genres: Dystopia, Action, Adventure/Quest, (Possibly Sci-Fi)
Optional Pairing(s): N/A (Optional)
Keywords: (corrupted democracy) (lost princess) (union) (abduction) (rebellion) (super powers)

A nation is divided by a civil war – those who are supportive of the centuries old monarchy and those who are passionate for a new, democratic union. The war breaks the country in half – brother against brother as it’s citizens are forced to choose a side. Desperate and abandoning human ethics laws, pro-union scientists discovered a gene that is used to create a breed of super soldiers - genetically superior warriors who helped turn the tide and eventually brought victory to the union.

Your OC (male, any age) is a war relic, one of the few experimental super soldiers left over from the war. But soon after the war ended, the super humans who acted as the union’s army were faced with intense discrimination. Instead of war honors or veteran rights, they are treated like common criminals. Abominations. Those who weren’t lynched or “humanely” euthanized went into hiding and the legends of their heroics faded away in urban legends.

And now the union is corrupt, filled with nationalists and patriots who only benefit those who can line their pockets. Stuck and forgotten in the slums of the armored capital, your OC is desperate for any way to leave this life and escape to the borders of a nearby country – to have the chance to live a normal life. But the only ways in or out is either through the heavily guarded toll roads or through the underground black market and both methods require money.

Besides, Your OC owes the local syndicate a huge favor (for whatever reason) and they aren’t willing to let it go until the debt has been paid in full. Given this ordeal, Your OC's been forced into a corner and given a deal can’t refuse – The debt will be forgiven if Your OC kidnaps the granddaughter of an ex-union scientist so they can send him a message about his 'war crimes' against, what they claim, the foundation in which the union was built upon. As a bonus, your OC can keep the ransom money and use it to start a new life over the border.

Little does Your OC know that they are being framed. And little does Your OC know that the girl is the last heir to the throne.

These people aren’t just a crime syndicate, but radical rebels who are anti-union and looking to start an uprising by stirring up rumors stemmed from the urban legends from the war. The rumor that one of the monarchy survived the mass massacre of the royal family and is hiding among them.

The rebels plan to assassinate the girl and frame her murder on the ex-soldier in order to stir unrest among the people. They don’t want to restore the monarchy, but rather, create a new republic forced to follow their own rules.

Your OC turns from her abductor to her protector when he realizes that the restoration of the monarchy could lead to equal rights for his kind. Yes, the monarchy was never perfect... but there is now a small chance for him to finally live a normal, peaceful life.

Last edited:
I love darker, grittier plots! If maybe you’d like to even just brainstorm, I’d love to!!

I love darker, grittier plots! If maybe you’d like to even just brainstorm, I’d love to!!
I would love to RP with you! I accidentally posted this before I had a chance to write/add some prompts, but if you'd love to brainstorm in a PM I'm so game for that c:

Heya! I'm just going to drop a LINK here to a post I made a while back that includes kind of an "about me" and so on. If you're interested, gimme a heads up! We'll see if we can't work out something interesting to us both between whatever prompts you've got drummed up and the fragments of stuff I've been obsessed with lately.

Heya! I'm just going to drop a LINK here to a post I made a while back that includes kind of an "about me" and so on. If you're interested, gimme a heads up! We'll see if we can't work out something interesting to us both between whatever prompts you've got drummed up and the fragments of stuff I've been obsessed with lately.

Thank you, I'd love to take a look at what'cha got c:
I'll shoot you a PM once I've read through your rules and your ideas/cravings~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back