• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Mass Effect: Between Time (The CIU Taskforce Begins)

The Silent Z

Just Here
In 2184 as chaos seemed to get brushed aside and calm in comparison to the events of Saren and Sovereign. Everything the late commander Shepard discovered and their crew learned of reapers, coming threats that would wipe the entire galaxy clean of intelligent life forms and bring extinction to all races across the Milky Way. It was all swept under the rug and Miranda shepards findings unrecognized officially. Disillusioned, manipulated by Saren into false beliefs, that Sovereign was just some geth technology of great power.

But all of this mattered not, not right now atleast. Another threat was rising, a scientist called Bartarius Carlyle Vander...... In short they called him Dr. Maze for his nickname. A man of suspected human origin, a former agent for Cerberus before he was discovered to have gone rogue and escaped capture to begin creating an army of mixed organics now known as "The Alpha" a sentient creation of Intelligence and feeling, non organic and organic life to create a species of claimed superior ability. Super soldiers. The very goal that Cerberus intended to achieve for mankind and was now in the hands of a successful creator. Dr Maze...

Backed by stolen Cerberus credits and resources, Maze has now risen to threaten all life in the galaxy, save for those allied with him. He was the main threat to the council right now, the threat this council was willing to admit exists. In order to ensure the citadel spaces security and to end this threat before it mounts in greater strength, they've began a project of uniting races into one specialized task force. Not spectres, not military. A team just like the normandys, a new crew, one capable of uncovering this mans plot, it's details and stopping his army. Men and women of nearly every race has been hand picked to join this cause, join the CIU task force and come together aboard the CIU Ship, the newly created and advanced scout ship known as the CIU Phoenix.

Hello again folks,

I’m looking for a small crew of 3-4 more people for this old idea and attempted Rp of mine from probably four years ago. (Wow, time flies huh?) The main plot is shown above in the spoiler. Some changes and twists perhaps will take place as I aim to kinda make this a little like, Mass Effect meets The Orville. In order to bring a lighter side to it all with the more serious nature of the plot and ME universe still being kept in tact.

A little about the experience I’m hoping to create with this group environment is simple. I’m no real GM, simply looking to find that crew to build a chill, lax, collaborative team looking to build arcs, develop characters, forge all sorts of friendships, frenemies, and whatever else kind of thing turns out while kicking ass and taking names in this Rp verse. Cool?

Alright moving on… Two paragraphs min per post with atleast 1 post per week. I’m not apart of the grammar patrol and I’m certainly not the greatest writer myself, but let’s try and keep this on the fairly easy to understand side of reads, ok? Ok cool. Secondly, Don’t think I need to say it because it’s fairly well known already, but got to share it, RPN rules apply Of Course with this rp.

Old Interest check thread for fuller idea look. (Spoiler is the copy & paste of the old IC intro)

Last edited:
Mass Effect is beyond awesome. If there's place to be filled, I'm willing to give this a try!
Definitely can agree on that sentiment! Roles are open & we can see about getting you aboard. Just know, I always look to diversify the races and etc, so keep that in mind for character ideas.

In the usually opposing way I like to do things from a character role standpoint, I shall be taking the lead role for myself In this rp venture of mine but shall do things with the Ol Saru twist. So some unexpected and unique stylings shall follow and leads to 1 less role being open.

Role ideas that could be taken:
Second-In-Command: SIC Officer role

Mechanics &/or Pilot expert

Strategist & Operations expert

Merc

More ideas to come & open to hearing more...

Awesome! Looks like we got a familiar face here and I think we could have 1 other to join us as well. talking with them through Pm’s
Happy to be here. Thinking of making cop character like Garrus. Grizzled Asari detective investigating murders and smuggling related to Vander.

I don't really have a character idea for now, but SIC officer could be cool. And for races I'm thinking about human, turian, quarian, maybe even A.I or geth (but given the time of the setting that'd pretty be odd without a solid justification)

I don't really have a character idea for now, but SIC officer could be cool. And for races I'm thinking about human, turian, quarian, maybe even A.I or geth (but given the time of the setting that'd pretty be odd without a solid justification)
If going with the SIC officer role, I’d stick with a council race as that would make the most sense given the timeline and etc. We might have our four to start so I can put together some threads here in a bit.

No real rush on coming up with a character idea though. ( : Just don’t take a lifetime is all I ask lol.

Happy to be here. Thinking of making cop character like Garrus. Grizzled Asari detective investigating murders and smuggling related to Vander.
Ha didnt realise this was exactly what i did before. Lol.
Lol, I’m cool with the idea but yeah I remember your old character sounding like this one. Haha

What role though should i give her though in the crew. Not to dis old garrus but not a fun of just calibrating guns. Intelligence officer, she is sentinel, good with tech and data analysis and such.

What role though should i give her though in the crew. Not to dis old garrus but not a fun of just calibrating guns. Intelligence officer, she is sentinel, good with tech and data analysis and such.
That sounds like a good role for her with the crew. I go to confirmatiom with an old friend I’ve talked to in pms, so we got the four for our crew.

Going to put a pause on adding more members for now. See how this four person crew runs first.

Going to provide a boost to this thread for 1 more opening. Who’s in? We’ve slowly opened up and began in the IC however we are still only a few posts in and still quite early into this journey. A small crew but a lot of plans to see play out and add on ideas to make happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back