• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Masks RPG OoC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
I messed up the spelling. I’ll fix my post.

in terms of the cafe; yes, there’s an outdoors and indoors section.

if you know what you need to roll, then go ahead and roll.

I messed up the spelling. I’ll fix my post.

in terms of the cafe; yes, there’s an outdoors and indoors section.

if you know what you need to roll, then go ahead and roll.
No I mean should I wait for the others to resolve their rolls before I make a post

Actually, I’d prefer if you guys did it in the IC thread so I can keep track of which roll is which. Like... add it at the bottom of your post.from now on, that is.

Actually, I’d prefer if you guys did it in the IC thread so I can keep track of which roll is which. Like... add it at the bottom of your post.from now on, that is.
Um... not to be pushy, but can I get an answer as to how we're doing this? Do we just post when we feel like it, and then wait for you to prompt us to roll, or do we need to wait for someone's rolls to resolve before posting?

1. Sorry, I didn’t answer the question. You don’t need to wait for someone else’s rolls to resolve. Post whenever you want. You can wait if you like, of course. I’m going to try to post at least once a day.

2. I’m in the middle of resolving the previous rolls right now.

In the record time of 2 and a half hours I realized I wrote "impress" instead of "surprise".

EbonChevalier EbonChevalier I am not sure on this, but I don't think we start with conditions. From reading, I think if you take a Powerful Blow, the GM can give you a condition if they wish to. Either that or it is a toss up. You either get a Powerful Blow or a condition.

When you trade blows with an NPC threat, the GM marks one of the NPC’s conditions, and tells you whether to straight up mark a condition on your PC or to roll to take a powerful blow, depending on the fiction. The GM gets to choose what condition the NPC marks. If the GM tells you to take a powerful blow, then you follow that move’s rules to determine what happens next; if the GM tells you to mark a condition, then they tell you which condition to mark. When you trade blows with a PC threat, you both roll to take a powerful blow.

But he told me to roll 2d6 + all the conditions that I had. I was't really given a condition so I just added one to the attack.

I think then it would be 2d6+0. Cause each condition gives you a -2 on your roll.

With one condition it would be 2d6-2

I was wrong about the above. Each condition gives you -2 on specific actions.

From what I can tell, anything that makes you roll + conditions is something you usually want to roll low on.

From the Rulebook:

Rolling + conditions marked means that you count up however many conditions you have marked, and add that number to your roll. Remember, you can’t roll with higher than +4. If you have zero conditions marked, then you roll +0.

From the looks of it, not really.

When you take a powerful blow, roll + conditions marked.
On a 10+, choose one:
• you must remove yourself from the situation: flee, pass out, etc.
• you lose control of yourself or your powers in a terrible way
• two options from the 7-9 list

On a 7-9, choose one:
• you lash out verbally: provoke a teammate to foolhardy action or take advantage of your Influence to inflict a condition
• you give ground; your opposition gets an opportunity
• you struggle past the pain; mark two conditions

On a miss, you stand strong. Mark potential as normal, and say how you weather the blow.

Alright would me curling up to withstand the blow then struggling through the pain to withstand the blow be a good reaction?

My mistake I got the wrong conclusion from you explanation so in my current condition I couldn't attack again I'd have to give ground right?

Last edited:
What are you going for?

From that it sounds like, you are going for:

Struggling through the pain
and
Give ground

If so, it isn't that bad. The enemy will get an opportunity (I'm not sure what that means exactly) and you'll have to take two conditions.

I took a powerful blow so I'd have to struggle through the pain to keep fighting and give some ground to my enemy. but wouldn't that mean that I can't attack him?

I'm not sure. I think the opportunity can mean anything. Opportunity to hit you back, opportunity to run away, ect. Wondertainment Wondertainment will have to explain it a bit more.

Found some info in the Rulebook:

Giving ground means you retreat, or hold back, or otherwise leave an opening for your opposition. The GM decides what it is, but usually it means your opposition can make some move they otherwise would’ve been blocked from, without you being able to stop them.

I'm pretty sure those bits are supposed to be prompts for GM moves, which don't really have much in the way of mechanics and are more like guidelines for narration. That said, it would be nice if Wonder clarified how Conditions work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back