• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Masks RPG OoC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Alright, i 'm done with my character just send me a message if I need to Mac
me any changes.
Sorry if I'm getting backseat GM-y, but for the sake of moving things along:
  • The starting Labels for the Beacon are -1/-1/+2/+0/+2, and you can add +1 to one of them.
  • The "Relationships" section is supposed to be for other player characters, not NPCs.
  • You need to pick out four Drives.

Sorry if I'm getting backseat GM-y, but for the sake of moving things along:
  • The starting Labels for the Beacon are -1/-1/+2/+0/+2, and you can add +1 to one of them.
  • The "Relationships" section is supposed to be for other player characters, not NPCs.
  • You need to pick out four Drives.
Okay getting that done today

I'll probably be in the hospital most of this afternoon, but excited for the game beginning!

Oh, I'm fine, was just accompanying my mom.

I say we give it this thread before settling on the theme song. Let's hope it's not Yakety Sax.

Still warm enough wear shorts right? And is this just the weekend or some kind of break because I'm going to have to change my first post a bit.

One of my relationships is "You and ____________________ teamed up a few times before the rest of you came together." Who wants to be the lucky duck?

Since that seems outside of this initial interaction n all

Hmm, if we're doing the relationships, I have " _____________________ knew you from your civilian life first".

I feel like I'd have to know everyone better to filling in my relationships.
____________________ is awesome, and you take every chance you get to hang out with them. You’ve got to prove yourself to_____________________ before you feel like a real hero.

I really thought we were gonna do this after the events of Session 0, but we can resolve it this way as well! It's up to you guys.

It's no big deal, but most of you haven't met each other yet so any "relationships" stuff would be solidified afterwards... which was the idea. It doesn't really matter, though, feel free to pick people out if you already have a sense for the relationships section.

I mean we're talking the relationships involving past histories and not personal opinions/recent events. So it should be fine within your framework.

Hey, you might have noticed that I posted. I got a bit hyped about my villain and jumped the gun. And more importantly, I thought it was best to get you into the action sooner rather than later. As the thread progresses, I'd like you all to play normally while also thinking about the following:

1. Take a look at your "When our team first came together" slot. For some of you, it will be fairly clear how to fill this in; for others, not so much. The scenario I've put in place will eventually answer everyone's questions. If you had other ideas for this section, feel free to PM me. It's really fine, and I can absolutely try and fit that concept in.
2. This is a good time to think about your Relationship sections as well. You'll click with certain people naturally based on personality/backstory, and now's a good time to roleplay all that.

This would be a good time to review mechanics, actually. It's just occurred to me I hadn't shared the link to the rulebook yet. My bad: https://thetrove.net/Books/Powered by the Apocalypse/Masks/Masks - A New Generation - Core.pdf (the most important part to read is Chapter 4)

But the beauty of this game is that you can do absolutely whatever. Just like in a normal RP thread, you can post whenever and do whatever. So even for the newer players, you can just describe what your character does, then I'll tell you what action it is and what to roll. (Keep in mind that any time the character actually does something, there's a chance it'll fail - so you may want to leave your posts in cliffhangers and resolve them after you roll the dice)

If you'd like, I could also write up a short chart on what actions use which modifiers and so on.

I think I've got this right. I roll 2d6 + Superior to provoke someone right?

Also do I need to change the name in my sheet? I have him as Derrings in that one.

Hold on...I might have gotten the cafe layout confused. I'm imagining some sort of dual set up with both indoor and outdoor portions. Originally I thought it was inside completely, like some sort of diner/cafe.

But there was no mention of him lunging through glass or anything so I'm now thinking of an outdoor portion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back