• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Marvel/Daredevil Roleplay

Sable swung her legs around the side of the loveseat across from the couch Maddie rested on and leaned onto her feet, her ankle, while healed, felt slightly weak. Walking over to the black bag, she opened it and looked around at the supplies before taking it to Maddie and beginning to fix her up but cleaning the wounds with peroxide and placing gauze over them, "What did they want with you? Why did they take you?" Sable asked, worried that it may have been her fault. She prayed the mutant street rats and her affiliations had nothing to do with it. Sable healed fast, she preferred to be the one to get hurt.

Hearing the tinny clang of the doorbell, Sable stopped what she was doing and set the medical materials from the first aid kit down next to Maddie on the couch. She walked over to the door and looked through the peep hole as Maddie apologized, "Sorry? You're the one who got the shit beat out of you. You don't have anything to be sorry for." Sable opened the door knowing it was Matt.

Maddie answered Sable's first question. "They were the Russian mob. They wanted to know who the man in the mask is. Apparently he's causing them quite a bit of trouble." She told the girl with a shrug and then a wince. "I tried to tell them I didn't know who he really was, but they didn't seem to believe me. Then he showed up and saved my ass. And kept me from....well he kept me from doing something I would really regret." she made a face.

Matt walked into the apartment with his cane as Sable opened the door. "Thanks. So what's all this i hear about you getting kidnapped?" he asked Maddie tersely, making his way over to her, and sitting down next to her. He didn't even ask if he could feel her face. For one, she never liked to let him do that, and two he could hear and taste her injuries. The blood in the air as she moved and her cuts opened, the sound of her fractured ribs. Maddie winced. "Yeah. They wanted to know who the man in the mask is, and didn't believe me when I told them I had no clue. He's gotten me out of a few sticky situations is all." she looked at Matt. "It wasn't anyone's fault. The Russians are assholes." she began to patch up more cuts she could see, on her chest and belly. Matt shook his head. "I'll get Brett on it. Maybe we can see these assholes in court." he told her, placing a hand on her forearm. "Ow." she told him, looking down to see a large bruise. "Sorry." Matt apologized. "It's okay. That one was my fault. I was....fighting back." Matt looked concerned and confused. "Fighting? No offense, M, but you don't strike me as the fighting type." he told her. "Yeah well...we all have our secrets, Matty." she replied, looking at the ground guiltily. Matt looked over to where Sable was, making a confused face.

Sable sat across from them, a nosey smile on her face as she leaned forward letting her elbows lean on her knees, the sides of her jaw resting in the palms of her hands. She listened to their conversation. After Maddie's reply she spoke up, "Now you're getting it." Crossing her arms across her chest, she leaned back and rested her back into the seat, "Why we fight." She finished her cryptic thought, the sadistic smile still on her face. She would be lying if she said she didn't enjoy the irony of this situation at least a little.

"We?" Matt referred to Sable's use of the collective voice with confusion. "Maddie....is there something you're not telling me?" He asked, and as he heard her heart speed up rapidly he knew there was. Maddie swallowed. "I, uh....yeah." She took a deep breath. "I'm a mutant." She finally spat it out, ashamed. She had never told Matt or his dad. She didn't want them to think she was a freak. Believe it or not it could actually drive a wedge between people when one person knows what the other is feeling and thinking almost constantly. Matt nodded. "I see. Why didn't you say so before?" Maddie tried to find the words to answer him. She looked at Sable, panicked, wondering if the girl understood what it felt like to not always be accepted. Surely she did. Most mutants did. But would Sable even be willing to help her?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

"Mutants have to fight." The sadistic smile still plastered on her face still as she looked off to the side, "Fight for everything. We fight for food, shelter, equality, fair treatment... Our lives." Her smile faded, "Man, I've been fightin' my whole life. But I rather be a fighter than play their game."

"No. That's not Maddie. I understand your point, Sable. But that's not my friend..." Matt trailed off as he looked at Maddie. She had tears in her eyes. "My dad.....all he ever wanted was for me to be like that. To be a fighter, a weapon. And I didn't. I never wanted this. And I didn't tell you I was a mutant because....I was afraid...you'd think I was a freak. I was afraid you'd think I was like that." Maddie looked up at Sable. "I understand where you're coming from...but Matt's right. That's not me. All I've ever wanted was to help people, not fight them." she wiped the tears from her own eyes.

"Maddie...I'm a blind dude. Why the hell would I think you're a freak?" Matt said, slightly smiling. "I can tell what you're feeling. I'm an empath. And when I touch someone, I can tell what they're thinking." Maddie sighed. "That tends to freak people out." Matt looked genuinely shocked. "So all those times I asked to feel your face, to see what you look like..." "I couldn't let you. I didn't want you to know what I was. Some people can tell, when someone's in their head." she explained, looking up at Sable. "I told Sable when we met, so she would trust me, so I could calm her down and help her without her running out of the ER." Maddie looked back at Matt now, tears welling again. "You have no idea how guilty I felt, telling a complete stranger something I've never told you." Matt shook his head. How could he possibly be upset about this? She had taken a beating for him, put her life on the line to protect his secret.

Maddie looked up at Sable. "Can you help me get to the shower? I just....I need a shower." She sniffed, wiping her face with her hand. "I'll be fine, I promise."

Sable rolled her eyes, laughing in annoyance at Maddie and Matt's naive response. How short sighted of them to think that the behavior that came out in extreme circumstances was not her true self. Sable figured she should enlighten them even though she knew they may not see it now, eventually it would appear again, "And those bloodied splits pm knuckles were fr baking a cake for the poor then? No. It's easy to go on living as something we're not when our survival is isn't at risk, but when it's life or death, us or them? Look what you do... You fought." She motioned the Maddie's battle scars. Sable sat and listened to the obvious disgust and shame Maddie had for her mutant identity. It made Sable sick. She felt the anger swelling inside of her, 'whats wrong with being a mutant?' She thought angrily. Finally she spoke up, interrupting Maddie as she was trying to ask Sable a question,

"And usually it isn't as aggressive as a physical fight like it was this time. Sometimes it's fighting to keep who you are hidden, denying your true identity and why? To get equal treatment from others. Others who are like yourself because they look at a mutant and they see bad genes, a mistake, a sickness." She got to her feet, "We're not a fucking sickness!" She stormes off, grabbing her coat and forcing on her shoes as she snapped, "But you're fighting yourself as you try to hide from who you are. If being a mutant is such a horrible thing, I guess that makes me beneath you in your eyes as well as society's so why the fuck are you even helping me?" Sable slammed the door and stormed off down the hall.

Maddie stood up quickly to go after Sable but groaned in pain and sat back down. Matt went after her instead. "Sable! You know Maddie doesn't think that. She's your friend. She saved your ass, gave you a place to stay and this is how you treat her? You throw it in her face because she's uncomfortable with her past?" He called, tapping his cane on the floor as he followed her. Maddie just got up very slowly and went to her bathroom. She got in the shower, crying. Sable had completely misunderstood her. It wasn't the fact that she was a mutant or even that she had fought back when cornered. It was that she was so close to becoming what she hated. Her father. Maddie carefully washed the blood off her body.

((Aww. How sad, poor Maddie))

Sable didn't see what Matt had seen. She had never known Maddie or her past or her fears, all she knew is what she dealt with her whole life, at every turn. When she had gone missing from the girls home, no one even bothered to look for her, because she was a mutant. No one cares what happened to her as she went on with her life without a trace of her ever existing like a bum or a whore on the street that turns up missing or dead and no one even bats an eye.

"You think I've never had people do this shit out of pitty?" She turned around the look at Matt standing in the middle of the hallway, "Out of their need to get their good deed of the day out of the way and feel better about themselves and their own personal doubts? I'm not a charity case." Sable crossed her arms holding back tears. She never cried... Ever.

"Sable. I know you don't know Maddie like I do but trust me, its not like that. She doesn't extend her home. To anyone. Unless she trusts them. She's a very private person because she has things about her past she doesn't like to share. I don't even know her dad. Just that he was a dick. She hasn't even told ME everything and we've been best friends since kindergarten. Maddie may have fighting instincts when threatened, but I think to some extent everyone does. The real person is who she chooses to be. And she chooses to help people. Every damn day. And believe me, she has instinct for that too. If I had the time, I could tell you a dozen stories of her using her instincts for good. Maybe they were here abilities and I just didn't realize it. But please believe me when I say Maddie cares about you. Not as a charity case. As a friend. It took me time, after the accident, to believe it too. But she never stopped. She never turned away. She never let up. And eventually I figured it out and we became friends again." Matt shrugged. "She's the real deal. But if she didn't actually genuinely care about you, she wouldn't be helping you. Getting you lawyers, patching you up, giving you shelter and food. And if she really likes you, she bosses you around." He grinned.

Sable gave a half smile, her arms still crossed. She did a quarter turn and leaned her back against the hallway wall roughly. The slap of her shoulder blades against the wood and plaster gave a loud thunk as she did. She had nothing to say, not anymore. She didn't know anything Matt was talking about. She didn't know Maddie like he did, but it was hard for her to trust anyone... even Maddie. Sable wasn't exactly found of that about herself, but she really didn't know how to change it. Her inability to trust kept her alive. All these years it kept her safe.

Matt took a half step toward Sable. "Please stay. She's so fragile right now. I've never seen her like this before. I'm really afraid that if you leave she'll just give up and that's the last thing she should do given the condition she's in. I understand not wanting to trust people. I have more experience in that arena than I like to let on. But believe me when I say there is no one in this city, and perhaps on this earth, more deserving of that trust then Maddie." After saying his piece, matt went back down the hallway and into Maddie's apartment, closing the door behind him quietly. Maddie was sitting on the couch dripping wet but clothed. "It hurts to raise my arms." She told him. Matt frowned and took the towel from her, drying her hair. "You never told me much about your dad." He tried to start a conversation with her. "He's a dick. I didn't even know his real name. I don't know if he's alive. But he taught be how to fight. Tried to use my gifts as a weapon for his army." She said uncomfortably. "Was his name Stick?" Matt whispered in her ear. Maddie nodded slowly, wide-eyed. "He taught me too." Matt explained, pulling her hair back into a loose tie she handed him. "I hate him Matt. He abandoned us. Because I wouldn't kill for him. And I almost....I almost..." "But you didn't." "Only because you stopped me." She said under her breath, only loud enough for him to hear. He shook his head. "You would have stopped. Trust yourself." He told her, placing a hand on her shoulder. She turned around and put her forehead on his chest. "God I hurt." She whimpered. Matt carefully put his arms around her. "You're gonna be okay."

Maddie sat back abruptly "did you catch Sable?" Matt nodded. "We talked a little. You just need to give her time. She's not the trusting type. Not unlike yourself." "I didn't mean to sound like I hate mutants. I have no problem being one its just I don't wanna get labelled as violent or law breaking because of it. All I've ever wanted was to help people, mutant or no." She explained. "I know." Matt smiled.

((I should be more clear- matt and Maddie want Sable to come back into the room. Don't be afraid to bring her back in if you want. If not that's okay too. Matt just wanted to say his piece. Lol))

Sable stood out there in the same place she was when Matt left to go back into Maddie's apartment. Every bone in Sable's body screamed at her to keep walking the other way, to find a new city, to get a new start, to begin her life again somewhere no one knew her. The idea enticed her, the adventure alluring, however, the same usual thought that had kept her in Hell's Kitchen all these years rang in her head, "Doesn't matter. Anywhere I go all I can manage to do is get a menial job meant for high schoolers which won't pay me enough which will then lead me back into crime to make ends meet. What other choice do I have?" she whispered to herself, "None... Just because I don't have an education doesn't mean I haven't learned a lot from my life on the streets. I have learned a lot of things, but that doesn't matter. I have no paper trail. I don't exist to the world, and if I don't exist, it means I have no education. No middle school... no high school." She sighed, pulling herself away from the wall and placing her hands on her hips, she stared at the hallway floor, pacing in a circle before finally groaning in annoyance and stomping back toward Maddie's apartment. She opened the door and walked in while Matt and Maddie were talking about her dad. Sable kept going without a word, reaching down and grabbing her bag from next to the couch as she passed, and walked around the corner into the kitchen dining room where she sat at the table. Reaching into her bag, she pulled out Dante's Inferno and pulled out the book mark, beginning to read.

Maddie looked up as Sable sat down and pulled out her book. She didn't say anything for fear of changing Sable's mind, but the look on her face was somewhere between joy and rapture. Matt grinned as her heart beat sped up, knowing Sable had just walked in. Maddie stood slowly. "Is anyone hungry?" Matt shook his head at her. "You need to rest. We can order in if we want food." He gently pushed her down onto the couch. Maddie frowned. "Don't boss me around Murdock. I'm fine." Matt shook his head at her again "No you're not. Rest." He looked up at Sable. "ARE you hungry?" He asked.

Sable had already found herself lost in her book. Glancing up from where she sat she questioned, "Hmm?" her eyes darting around shortly as she reflected on the question he had asked, "Oh yeah, I could eat." she went back to reading her book, completely silent. She loved reading, she used it to escape. Perhaps that was the one paper trail she had, library cards.

Maddie smiled. "Inferno is pretty good. Not gonna lie I read it in high school and struggled with it but I re read it later on and really enjoyed it." She commented as Matt pulled out his phone and speed dialed the Chinese place. "It's so sad that you have them on speed dial, Murdock. Do you ever cook?" "Well I don't have a woman to take care of me so..." He retorted. Maddie threw a throw pillow from the couch at him, hitting him square in the face. "Hey no throwing things at the blind guy!" "Maybe the blind guy shouldn't be a sexist pig then!" Maddie replied, laughing. A few minutes later the food showed up and Matt brought Maddie her favorite: shrimp with lobster sauce. Maddie leaned over her food and smelled it. "Mmm. Thanks Murdock." She grinned and ate, realizing she was starving from exerting so much energy earlier.

Sable quietly picked at her sesame chicken. Stabbing them with the chopsticks in multiples at a time before nibbling them off the stick. She used her fork for eating the stick rice that had come with. Sable enjoyed being around these two. They were nice, kind, genuine, and they made light of bad situations in a way that wasn't so macabre. Now, Sable wasn't going to lie. She had a love for the macabre, but this was nice. It was different. She spoke up once they had calmed down and went back to eating, "Sorry."

Maddie looked at Sable. "Sorry for what? I was the one who made you feel like being a mutant was a disease. Which it isn't. I've just worked really hard my entire life not to succumb to the way of life my father wanted for me. To beat people up and take what I want. I realize it's necessary for most people. And I'm not condemning that at all. It's rough on the street. I've helped enough people in my ER to realize that. But I refuse to be what my dad wanted me to be which is basically a weapon. Something used to hurt people. I've only ever wanted to be a benefit to others. And that means using my abilities for my work instead of taking advantage of them and using them to get what I want illegally. I have another choice, some people don't." She shrugged. "But the way I said it was insensitive and painted mutants in a bad light. Which isn't the case. Mutants are people, forced into situations by other people who are ignorant and fearful of them." Matt listened and nodded. He could understand that.

Sable listened closely to Maddie's words, reflecting on all of them and her message. She nodded slowly, her light hazel eyes staring down at her food. Her head began to move in a slow nod as she continued eating again. She felt almost guilty. Here was someone who was a mutant too and had been raised being taught how to survive and somehow she decided she wanted to help people instead? What was wrong with Sable that she decided to do something else... something that many considered bad. Sable didn't consider the legal laws a marker of morality... ever, and she certainly didn't now. However, Maddie's words did make her question her actions, and she didn't like it.

Maddie looked at Sable, realizing how quiet she was being. "You okay?" She asked frowning. Matt sensed something was troubling the girl but didn't know what to say.

"Yeah... I'm fine." Sable gave a half hearted smile, only the corner of her mouth pulling up. She was lost in thought and in a situation she had never found herself in, someone willing and trying to help her. Someone who cared.

((You can time skip when you're ready))

Maddie turned back to her food, not satisfied with her answer but not wanting to push the issue. Matt just ate his food in silence. ((Do you have a preference of how long?))

((A week later.)) Matt and foggy were dressed and ready to speak with the police. They waited in the conference room at the police station to speak with an officer about Sable. Maddie was waiting in the lobby, still off from work for a few days to recover from her 'accident'. She had begun training with matt in an effort to keep them both sharp on their skills. He even showed her his practice area: the old gym where his dad Battlin Jack Murdock had practiced. Matt and Foggy waited for Sable to show up so they could discuss the plan one more time before calling an officer in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back