• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Marvel/Daredevil Roleplay

Matt smiled a little. "We're certainly going to try." He promised. As the cab pulled up to the firm, foggy paid the cabby and got out, holding the door open for Matt and also Sable. Maddie was waiting by the door, she got up to help Sable get out with her injured foot.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Sable took the help, all the while complaining, "I got it alright? I'm not crippled." However, she knew Maddie was going to help anyway. It was her duty as a health care professional to look out for others. Sable looked around, mentally taking notes and images of the location and surroundings and spring then away for when she'd need them.

((Sable will follow them in))

Maddie ignored the girl's complaints and helped her anyways. "We need a foot rest for her." She told foggy who opened the door, pulled out a chair and a waste basket and turned the waste basket upside down as a foot rest since it was empty anyways. "Sit. Foot up." Maddie commanded Sable firmly. Matt grinned. "Bossy much?" "Shut up, Murdock it's my job." She retorted. Foggy laughed. Maddie pulled out a bandage to wrap Sable's foot in.

Sable followed instructions, plopping down roughly in the chair, she reached down and grabbed her calf, swinging it up, "I thought you were some kind of ladies man, damn boy." Sable said before imitating a whip sound and moving.her hand in the whipping motion.

Matt made a sound of disbelief while foggy laughed so hard Maddie thought he was gonna fall over. "SHE GOT YOU, MAN." Foggy cheered, clapping a hand on matt's shoulder. Matt just shook his head "Maddie does whatever the hell she wants to do. I've never claimed to have any power over her." He said, holding his hands up in surrender. "Ladies man? Am I missing something here Foggy?" She felt left out. She began bandaging Sable's foot. Foggy pretended not to understand.

"Uh. What? No. I don't know." He stumbled. It was matt's turn to laugh. "In truth, he's uncontrollable. You should get a tighter leash on him, Maddie. He's got a new girl every week." Foggy admitted. Maddie looked somewhat taken by surprise. "Well he's got the wounded duck thing going so..." She trailed off. Foggy clapped "THAT'S WHAT I ALWAYS SAY." he called. Matt just shook his head. "You both have it all wrong." He pleaded. Maddie just grinned, getting up after finishing up with Sable's foot. Maddie looked closely at Matt. "I just hope you use protection. Not all the girls out there are as innocent as they claim to be." Matt just groaned. "This isn't happening. Foggy stop telling people this crap!" he complained. Foggy grinned. "It's true though! In college he had a new girlfriend every week!" He told Maddie. Maddie just grinned and laughed, shaking her head in disbelief. Matt just looked tired.

"Anyway...back to our client's problem. Let's go to the conference room." Matt suggested, making his way to the room with a big table in it. Karen followed Matt with a notepad. She had heard the exchange but had chosen not to get involved, since she didn't want to contribute to Matt's embarrassment and she was also pretty shocked that Foggy had shared that information anyways. It didn't seem like the Matt she knew, but she decided to leave it alone and do her job, since they obviously had a new client.

Maddie packed up her medical stuff and started to leave. "I think your foot will be fine, but you need to ice it when you get a chance and stay off of it as much as possible. Do you need a place to stay?" she asked the girl, standing up from her crouched position.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sable listened to the whole spat between the three curiously. She loved watching and observing people, it was what made her such a great thief. She spoke up, "Matt's telling the truth. He probably had a different girlfriend every week because he seems like the type who attracts girls, but then doesn't take out to the next level, which they wanted. Like he's afraid to get close." Sable shrugged.

As Maddie explained the injury to her, Sable shrugged and waved her hand, "it will hall in the morning." She continued, "oh well... I don't barely have any if my money with me... And my home is in mutant street rat territory..."

"You can stay with me." Maddie told Sable with a smile. "It's definitely not in street rat territory." She winked. Matt tried not to look uncomfortable at how spot on Sable was. "Okay I gotta get ready for work. Here's the spare key to my place. It's on 14th and 40th. I'm in the building above the pizza place. Apartment number is on the key." Maddie explained. She waved bye to Foggy and Karen and mussed up Matt's hair before ducking out the door, helmet in hand. Foggy wiggled his eyebrows at Karen who rolled her eyes at his theory of Maddie and Matt having a thing. "Alright let's get started." Matt said, leading the way into the conference room as Foggy followed.

Sable took the key with utter shock and suprise. Who would trust her? Who would just trust a street rat, a gang banger with access to their home? She put the key in her pocket after a.few perplexed moments of staring. She followed Matt and Foggy to the conference room in silence.

Foggy looked at Sable. "If you do anything to hurt her..." He trailed off. Matt smirked. "Maddie can take care of herself. Don't underestimate her. Her trust in Sable is deliberate." He directed his speech toward Sable now, "she must see something in you. She's always been incredibly good at reading people. She trusts you. But make no mistake, if you betray that trust you will pay. She has her own ways of doing things." He chuckled. "She's a good friend. And very loyal. I wouldn't throw that away." He added. "So. Tell us everything you know."

Sable rolled her eyes as the two made idle threats, "Now there's the prejudiced treatment I was expecting." She said with an ironic grin, "Relax, she's an ER nurse, what am I gonna do? Steal her millions?" She yawned, "And I don't have friends." She rubbed her eyes, even though the sun was out, Sable hadn't slept in over 24 hours.

"So just checking, the plan is that I will tell you guys all I know, and then I will trade the information to the police for my total immunity and protection. Correct?" She asked.

Matt smiled a tad. He always did his best not to take it overboard, but Foggy was always protective. And loyal. "Yes that is the plan. So Foggy you better take good notes." Foggy sighed. "Yeah yeah I got it. Sorry for the threat." He added the latter to Sable. Matt smiled. "Okay. Start from the beginning." He told the girl. (We can Timeskip if you want.)

(Okay go ahead after I reply)

Sable started talking, telling them everything she knew about Piper and the area that is considered their territory. She also told them about the shift in Piper's leadership style and the impending gang war between the west crows and her gang. She finished with, "Maybe if we're lucky they'll end the west crows for us."

After the discussion, she caught a cab and made her way to Maddie's house. It was 11am at this point and had been 29 hours since she slept. Sable laid on the couch before leaning over the coffee table and pulling some weed out of her boot. She pulled out a chocolate flavored cigarette paper sheet and carefully placed the weed on it, tearing it as she did. She rolled the doobie and lit up. She inhaled and held the smoke in her lungs before blowing it out, "Ahhhh." She leaned back on the couch.

((I'm just gonna skip to Maddie coming home after work.))

Maddie made her way to the parking lot, tazer in hand. She had gotten off at midnight, choosing to go home earlier that morning and get some sleep before her shift started at 10:30 am. Though it had only been an hour or two nap, Maddie rarely got an entire night's sleep nowadays anyway, what with patching Matt up all the time and going to work, and now the whole Sable case. She wondered how that would work out. Maddie was just about to get to her motorcycle when a man walked up behind her. She turned around, tazer poised and ready to go but another man stepped out from hiding behind her motorcycle and hit her over the head with a baseball bat. Sergei (the man who followed her) sneered. "Too easy, eh Mikhail?" the man from behind the motorcycle grinned in reply. "Vladimir will be pleased with us. As will his employer. Let's take her to the garage." Mikhail said, dragging Maddie's unconscious body into the trunk of a taxi labelled "Veles Taxi".

Meanwhile back at the apartment, Maddie had left a note to Sable telling her to help herself to anything she wanted and if her apartment smelled like smoke, weed or alcohol when she got home, Sable would be responsible for fixing it. It was now 15 minutes past the time Maddie had written that she would be home.

Matt was out an about, dressed in black as usual, doing his usual routine-checking up on the italians, then Piper's rats, then the dirty cops- when he realized Maddie should be off her shift soon. He had his burn phone with him. Usually she called and left a message to let him know she was okay and to be careful. But he hadn't felt the phone vibrate. Maybe his sense of time was off tonight, but it felt like she should have already called. He tried to push it from his mind, and kept focused on the job at hand.

((What an oddly specific note to add after the fact haha))

Sable finally woke up that afternoon at about 30 minutes past Maddie's arrival. She looked at the clock on the wall, rubbing her eyes sleepily with her small hands balled into loose fists. Opening the fridge, she pulled put some grapes and started eating. She sat back on the couch after grabbing a bottle of air freshener from under the sink and sprayes, also wiping off the coffee table where she broke up the leaves. Once finished with the grapes, Sable got up and found the bathroom. She stripped her clothes and put them in the washer before starting the shower. Without her baggy, leather street clothes on, her feminine form was revealed from her round, uprighr breasts to her slenser waist and curved hips. The clothes she wore were what enabled her to leave her true age a mystery. She liked to keep it that way. Sable got in the shower.

Maddie awoke in a large garage, sitting in front of a taxi. She was on a chair, her hands tied behind her back. She groaned, nauseated from the concussion the baseball bat had given her. When she realized where she was her heart began to pound. She looked at the man in front of her. Dark hair, gray eyes. He had the baseball bat. "We're going to ask you a few questions." He had a thick Russian accent. Maddie nodded, trying to stay calm but failing as she thought of Matt. "Who is man in black mask?" He asked, swinging the bat on his hand. Maddie looked at him blankly, quite the actress. "I have no idea what you're talking about." The man brought the bat across her chest in a diagonal motion. Maddie gasped as the air was forced out of her chest from the impact of the blow.

"I don't want to do this this way it brings me no pleasure. Please answer the questions I was told to ask. Who is man in black mask?" Maddie reached out with her senses and knew he really didn't like doing this. But he felt a sense of duty, and so he was going to anyways. Maddie shook her head. "I dont-" she was interrupted my the bat slamming into her side, hitting her arm and ribs. She could feel her shoulder dislocate as pressure was put on it wrong. Maddie cried out in pain, screaming.

((I am not sure what you're wanting of me. Sable isn't going to come looking for her until hours after she doesn't come home, plus I though Matt was already on it lol, unless he enlists her help))

((I figured you could do an update on Ryder or something but I'll just keep going. Let me bring Maddie home, and Sable can react.))

The men pulled Maddie's chair away from the taxi, and Maddie's head flopped over. She was in incredible pain, but was over-playing it just a tad, giving her fighting instincts a chance to kick in. It was time to turn her other abilities off, and give herself over to what Stick taught her many years ago. Otherwise, she may not survive this encounter. The men asked her again and again who Matt was, but Maddie never answered, warranting plenty of hits with the bat until finally one of them spoke up. "I will break you. Piece by piece. Until you give us what we want." He said, pulling her by the hair close to his face. Maddie spat in the man's face, and he slammed her head back against the taxi.

Meanwhile, Matt still hadn't heard from Maddie. It was at least an hour after she usually called. He kept his ears open and finally caught something. A warning on a police radio about staying away from a certain taxi garage. He immediately headed that way. Right about the time he got close, he heard a muffled scream. It was unmistakeably Maddie's. Matt's blood began to boil, rage seething inside him. He made his way stealthily to the garage. He heard at least 6 men there. He wished he had some back up, in case one of them tried to pull Maddie as a hostage. Too late now. Matt flipped the breaker in the garage so that all the lights went out. It was pitch black, just the distraction Maddie had been waiting for.

Suddenly Maddie flung the chair over onto the ground at a precise angle, simultaneously re-locating her shoulder with a sickening popping sound and also freaking the hell out of the Russians as she screamed-half pain, half battle cry. She rolled over and slammed the chair against the ground, breaking it and freeing herself. Two of the men rushed at her, and she did a backflip, kicking one in the face as she jumped off the cab behind her and used the extra momentum to kick the second one in the chest. She had given herself over to old instincts and anger, and adrenaline coursed through her veins, fueling her need to attack. Another man came at her with the bat. She grabbed it, pulling the man closer as she did a hard side kick into his ribs. He dropped the bat and Maddie took it, swinging it at his head. When he was down, she swung at the other two who were getting back up. Matt had taken out the remaining three in a blur, as Maddie finally figured out that he was the one who had flipped the breaker.

Matt turned and saw Maddie fighting. He was shocked. He had never known her to take fighting lessons or be even remotely violent. Maddie was raised Catholic like him. He had literally seen her rescue dozens of spiders from being squished by scared girls at school. He never dreamed she was capable of such violence. And yet there she was, dropping the bat and...and... "Whoa whoa!" Matt came up behind Maddie who was proceeding to beat the hell out of her assailants with her bare hands. Her knuckles were split and bleeding, but she didn't even seem to notice. It was like she wasn't Maddie anymore.

"MADDIE!" He yelled, trapping her arms by her side. Maddie thrashed and turned to hit him too when she realized what had happened. She looked down, and realized she was covered in blood that was not just hers anymore. She looked at her hands in horror, and realizing what she had done-and been about to do-she collapsed on the ground, sobbing. "Oh God, no, I never wanted..." she could hardly control herself. Matt didn't know what the hell was going on but he wanted to get them out of there, so he scooped Maddie up and took her back to her apartment, hoping to clean her up and keep her safe before more Russians came. When they got to the front door Maddie was still having her meltdown. Matt frisked her for keys and found them in her pocket, opening the door as quietly as possible. He placed Maddie on her couch gently.

"Oh God, Oh God." Maddie kept saying over and over. "Maddie. Maddie!" Matt shook her gently. Maddie finally focused on what was in front of her. She looked up at Matt. "I didn't mean to. I swear. I never wanted to be that. I never wanted it. I just want to help people. I swear..." she was mumbling like a frightened little girl. Matt hugged her. "Shhh. It's okay. It's over now. You're safe. C'mon we need to get you cleaned up..." he looked around for Sable, thinking it might be more appropriate if another woman helped Maddie shower.

((Sorry it's so long... lol))

Sable heard the front door swing open as Maddie and the masked man entered. At the time, Sable was drying her thick, wild hair after a shower, brushing it down. She heard the panicking sounds of Maddie and another voice and hurried to the living room, just wearing a night gown she had found of Maddie's since her clothes were still drying, "What happened?" Sable asked with her eyes wide. She looked at the mask man, "Who are you? What did you do?"

Maddie sprung up at Sable's voice, turning to face her. "Oh....Sable. It's you." She sat back down, mumbling but starting to calm herself.

"I didn't do this, I swear. She beat the shit out of a couple guys... I think she's having a breakdown." Matt explained. "She was kidnapped by the Russian mob. They were beating her with a baseball bat." He added, looking Maddie in the face. "She needs help getting cleaned up." He looked at Sable. "Can you take care of her for me? And call your lawyer, if you have one. The bastards that did this deserve to go to jail." He growled.

Maddie looked up, careful not to say Matt's name. "Thank you. For helping me. I...I'm fine." she got up, as if to go shower on her own, but sat back down hard. "Ow." she stated, dead in the eyes, "Yeah you need help. You need to be careful. You probably have some internal injuries." He told Maddie, frowning. He turned back to Sable. "Please?" he asked nicely this time, hoping the girl could get Maddie showered at least.

"She what?" Sable didn't believe nearly any of what the masked man was saying, besides, she didn't trust him anyway. She didn't know who he was or what he wanted. What was his angle? Sliding into her seat, she sat carefully to not rock Maddie too much, she moved some hair from in front of her face, "Maddie?" she said he name softly, listening to the man speak, "Why would I contact a lawyer? What would they do when we don't even have the suspects apprehended?" she looked at the man suspiciously, curious as to why he'd say such an odd and specific thing. She shook her head, "Then we shouldn't even move her!" she grabbed some wash clothes and filled a bucket with warm, soapy water. Wetting the rag and ringing it out, she began to wipe down Maddie's arms, "I am taking her to the hospital."

"You can't. It's too dangerous. There will be-" "no hospitals" Maddie said firmly. She looked at Sable. "No. The men...they will know I work there. They might hurt others. No hospitals. I will be fine." She said, slowly regaining her thoughts. "Call Matt. You're right he can't help as a lawyer. But he's my friend. He has connections with good trustworthy cops on the force who can help us find them." She said, taking the rag from Sable. She wiped her face with it and handed it back to the girl. "Get out of my apartment." She said to Matt, pretending to regain her will. "I can take it from here. Thank you for helping me. And keeping me from....just thanks." She couldn't finish the thought. Matt nodded and headed for the door.

"But you said internal injuries. If she has internal bleeding she needs medicine and potentially surgery." Sable stood up and took a few steps away, anxiety rising in her as she paced shortly, wishing she still had her connections with the street rats. They had amazing surgeons and doctors, even ones who were mutants with special healing abilities... but she couldn't go to them, not anymore; and honestly, she did not trust cops or doctors and did not want to deal with them, "Fine alright. I'll call him," Sable picked up her phone and dialed, pressing it to her ear.

As Matt was exiting the building he pulled out his phone and answered it. Doing his best to sound sleepy, he answered. "Maddie? What's going on?" He yawned, acting confused. Maddie continued to clean herself up with the rag Sable had gotten, being careful of the bruises and breaks that she knew of. She looked up at Sable's face to see her reaction. "Did he answer?"

"This is Sable, Maddie wanted to me to call you. She's been kidnapped by Russians and was bloodied up pretty bad. She said she doesn't want to go to the hospital but she might have internal bleeding so... yeah. Just wanted you to know. Bye." She hung up and put the phone down before sitting on the chair across the coffee table from where Maddie sat. She didn't know what to do, she knew nothing about internal injuries, but she did know how to help external ones. Sable unwrapped her arm, looking at it, it was almost completely healed, her ankle was completely healed, the bones molded back together, "Where's your first aid kit?" She asked Maddie.

Maddie pointed to the big black bag in the corner. "Right there." She finished washing the blood off of her skin.

Matt went home and changed into normal clothes- a t shirt and jeans since he wasn't going to the office. Once that was done he headed back to Maddie's apartment. The doorbell rang about 15 minutes later.

"Would you get that it's probably matt." Maddie asked, calm now. She felt embarrassed about having lost it so badly. She could feel Matt's curiosity and confusion through the door. She looked at Sable. "Sorry for losing my shit." She added.

((Sorry about the whole Matt weirdness but obviously there was no way for him to just magically appear as Matt. That was my only drawback to this rp-having to narrate all the stuff that just gets passed over in the show because writing is more difficult. But anyways have patience with my awful narrations and awkwardness. Lmao.))

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back