• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Maori *Working Title*

Loony_Bin

Lost and Confused...I think
When the world was first created, humans lived in peace with hundreds of thousands of other races. Each race brought something new to the table and specialized in one area of strength that everyone used to build society. Everyone covered everyone else's weaknesses and stood armed against the terrible and scary world around them.There was however, one race with a very specific set of properties, Humans, gifted with the gift of ingenuity and innovation, were cursed to lack the ability to properly produce magic without sharing the power of another being, and as such began to fear being forced to live lives under the other races unless science quickly caught up with the abilities of magic. As such, humans used the other races until a point when things like swords, bows and shields were able to stand up to magic and began driving back other races en mass.

This began thousands of years of struggle where magic and monsters would grow stronger for years while science would quickly rush to catch up. As this was happening, important Human figures began to evolve the concept of monsters as a way to keep other races away from the general public's attention, at first they made them something to be feared, then made them the work of the devil through use of religion, then made the devil and all he was associated with a silly concept by creating the more modern interpretations of religion.

All the while, other races joined together and grew in power quickly, evolving magic to the point that some powerful mages could control the monsters of the world. The other races began to cause such destruction that the world's governments began to need cover ups, calling these atrocious events things like the Great War. All the sudden, the creation of the Great Wall of China was no longer an event brought on by a massive amount of Oni raiding Chinese villages, and was instead brought upon by 'Northerners' invading. This all culminated in an event now known as 'World War 2', specifically in something that was later called Nuclear Warfare, when these other races attacked cities in Japan using ancient beings once thought untamable. It was after this event that humanity finally gave in and agreed to integrate other races back into society, however due to how the idea of other races being fake was now ingrained into the modern populations minds, everyone realized the process would need to be slow and delicate...

Enter the creation of guilds, a place where qualified defenders of the thin line between the human world and magic world protect that balance. Guilds exist to both slowly introduce the world to the concept of magic as well as protect the world from to much magic being introduced so quickly. Twelve guilds were made in the inception of the concept, and although more have been introduced over the years, the core twelve remain a constant factor in the world. One of the core twelve is called Maori, and Maori was entirely wiped out of all it's members but one during a world threatening event, and this last member recently went on a mass search for more members to aid the cause. This is where you come in, for you see, you've gotten the call to join Maori, whether it be through this member personally seeking you out or your finding it through blind lick will vary from person to person, but one thing is for certain, this is a turning point in the world, and you might just be one of the people who guides it down its future path...

Maori aims to be a bit more of a loose fantasy RP where the story is mainly controlled by the RPers (Besides a few arcs) and where we build a world's history and lore together as we craft an exciting narrative together. I'm going to be joined by the terrible amazing GingerBread GingerBread who'll be helping me co-run the thread in pretty much every way really, from accepting characters to drafting out plot ideas, so talk to him as well as me in this thread!

I'm interested, though I'm a novice when it comes to world building. I'll certainly give it my best efforts, should you allow me in!

Sounds interesting. I love lore.
I'm interested, though I'm a novice when it comes to world building. I'll certainly give it my best efforts, should you allow me in!
I’m willing to join, it sounds like such an interesting concept!
I've always wanted to be part of a world building rp. Count me in!
You guys are on the list now, this is great!

Do note though that some of this lore we create may end up just being background information that we have on deck in case it becomes relevant (Like most lore stuff) but still, world building is fun to do so hopefully that doesn't deter you guys to much :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back