• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Manchester Academy for Soulmates

Characters
Here
Other
Here

Trinity

Location | Campus, outside boy's dormitoryMentions | Kiroshiven Kiroshiven Mood | Shocked, Overwhelmed

Trinity's fight had devolved into her kicking and screaming. She was furiously trying to escape the guy's grip as she glared at the man that had insulted her. He had grown cocky with her restraint. She flailed her head, hoping to reach an arm to bite it. As the guy approached her, she caught sight of his lips just in time to lipread his threat. At that, she spat at the ground, missing her mark greatly. The gesture still served its message, at least. In that moment, she felt the chest of the man that restrained her reverberate with what she assumed was speech, and then felt the tight grip relax just a smidge. She inhaled sharply, about to take advantage of the moment when she felt her whole world crash around her.

"You're a big guy, aren't ya."

Trinity's heart caught in her throat, hammering away and growing louder in her ears. Was it possible for the whole world to stop and be spinning at once? If she was any more a fool, she would have convinced herself it was her mind playing tricks. But she knew her mind couldn't conjure something so foreign, and she also knew her soulmate had been nearby moments earlier. The voice was so much deeper than her own, with pronunciation she never could have imagined. He said the words in a funny way, like they were tinged in a different color than she painted with. Somehow, it was alarming and alluring all at once. The feeling was almost intangible, and she went limp in the guy's arms as she struggled to comprehend the new sensory input. So lost was she in all these feelings, she wasn't prepared in the slightest when her captor grew unbalanced and dropped her. Trinity landed on her feet hard, but stumbled from the unexpected impact and ended up falling to her knees. A hiss left her lips as she felt the assured tearing of her jeans and the skin beneath it. Her palms, which had caught her fall, tingled with sharp jolts of pain. She couldn't focus on it, though. In fact, she couldn't focus on much else save...well, her soulmate. She twisted around to catch the scene that had unfolded. Her offender had reeled back, and the guy she figured had been holding her was hunched over next to a new face. A slender, dark haired man with a walking stick and...cloudy eyes.

He was blind. The lengths this universe would go to fuck with--her frustrated thoughts were once again brought to a halt as the male spoke once more. This time, she could pair the sounds with his lips, affirming that without a doubt, this was her soulmate. She was stuck gaping at the male, fixated on his voice. It was crystal clear amidst the silence. She could hear her breaths punctuate the pauses between his words. Despite this, his tones were so foreign, she had trouble understanding much of what he had said. Perhaps it was due to how distracting it was, or how different his voice was to her own, but all she could hold onto was the sound. She studied it with her mind, attempting to burn it into her memory.

Whatever he had said to them had the guys scurrying off. If she'd had her wits, she would have been annoyed that the fight had been interrupted like that. She was not a princess, and did not want to rescued, or whatever. The girl had wanted a fight, even if it meant taking a hit or two in return. And despite that, she couldn't find it in herself to be annoyed in this particular instance. He was approaching her now, and her eyes widened a bit more, looking like a frightened little animal.

Swallowing hard, she tried to brace herself for interaction as she got to her feet. He was looking for her. That much was obvious by his outstretched hand searching for purchase. A part of her wanted to run, and her posture reflected that, but she was frozen there. Her anxiety grew as she watched him get warmer.

And then he found her, his hand coming to rest on her shoulder. She jumped at the touch despite watching it steadily approach. She couldn't find any words, but he seemed to be full of them.

"Wow, you're quite the woman aren't you?"

She sucked in a breath, feeling the tingle along her wrist as his words permanently marked her skin. A couple digits twitched at the sensation, but her eyes were glued solely on him. She hung on his words, processing them slowly. Hearing new sound must have been overwhelming her brain, because she was feeling lightheaded...oh, she had forgotten to breathe. He was looking her way, but more like looking through her. Good, he couldn't see what a dumb face she was making. He asked her if she was okay. Was she? God no. How was she? Somewhere in the back of her mind she was laughing at his joke, but that never made it to her lips as she continued to stare at him dumbly. Swallowing hard, she finally decided she should answer...with something.

'"I can hear you," she stated in awe, tone reflecting the shock she was still in. She scowled once the words had past her lips, and mentally berated herself for them. She had pushed out the only tangible thought floating around in her head. What kind of idiotic response was that? He would have that on his wrist forever! She sealed her lips tight, fearing she'd let something else pointless escape past them.

Jin

Location | Campus, Front CourtyardMentions | Like-A-Moss Like-A-Moss Mood | Happy Sad

At hearing the confirmation that, yes, she would still be there, Jin peeked up at her. Of course she was real. It was silly of him to think otherwise, but she appeared like a fantasy. Her explanation of what she was only created more questions. He knew that the school would be special...very special. However, he hadn't realized to what extent the otherworldly possibilities meant. To think nekos were real, well...that had to be somebody's wet dream, right? He hadn't realized he'd been smiling, but he felt it now as he took in the ears atop her head once more. She was pretty adorable with them. Them being real only solidify how cute they were. It can't be cringe-y if they are a part of her. He bit the inside of his lip as his mind tiptoed down a dangerous path and thank god for her exuberance drawing him back to the present lest he lose himself down that gutter.

Looking down at what she'd been studying, he caught sight of their wrists. His embarrassing, ridiculous first words were forever etched into her wrist, and hers on his...'meow.' He busted out laughing, covering his face with his free hand, cheek rapidly growing pink. He hadn't pulled the hand she held away, still very aware of the tingle wherever she touched. "No! I should be sorry. I would tattoo this on my body, anyway. You saved me a couple hundred dollars," he laughed, unable to continue the goofy grin that spread from ear to ear.

"Akira," he tested the name on his tongue, still smiling broadly, "I'm Jùnjié, but please, call me Jin." He spoke as he moved to a stand, still slyly holding her hand even after he was back on his feet. His soulmate...gosh, he'd only known her for a mere moment and yet he couldn't help but want a thousand more. Already she'd proven to be such a character. Her laughter was contagious, and her smile was too sweet and bright to look away from. Without a doubt, he'd be head over heels soon enough. He practically could see the cliff he'd be falling from should this continue. In more ways than one.

The sting of his mother's warnings echoed in his head, turning the cheeky image dark. This brought his attention to the black thread at their conjoined hands. If she was right, would Akira die? Would he?

TEMPLATE © BOKEH

Last edited:
  • PaperGhosts PaperGhosts
    character sheet|face claim

Genesis' interest was a tad too piqued when she noticed a slight color to his cheeks, after coming short on being able to see through his very stiff and unwavering expression. It didn't help her get any insight into him, though, so she was left just filing the image in her mind for future reference. Still, it's honestly not that big of a deal--she didn't really care that much about being able to read him, even if it would make interaction easier. It wasn't necessary.

Gene was patient as he slowly spoke, waiting for him to get around to wording his thoughts. She didn't mind the odd pauses if that's what helped him.

When he mentioned the "gimmik", a smile tugged at her lips from amusement. So, he really didn't know anything...

"It's not that the school pairs us up," Gene began, a little bit surprised that he wasn't already aware of the concept. She had figured it was normal in society, but it made sense that some people wouldn't be aware. Everyone's situation was different, after all.

"Soulmates are a normal thing, and we have them from birth. The school just goes through their applicants and accepts people based on the soulmates we already have so we can find each other easily. The thread is what connects us and shows up when we're somewhat close together, and we're the only ones who can see and feel it--it'd happen even if we weren't in school."

Gene then lifted the inside of her arm to showcase her tattoo, letting her fingers briefly skim along the surface for emphasis. "Our soulmate's first words show up on our arms and are there permanently--but, they're also only visible to us. They're supposed to tingle or something when we're close to each other."

Arthur

Interactions: Desert_Blossom Desert_Blossom
np06Tfth_400x400.jpg

When Rosalyn apologized, Arthur put a hand on her knee. “It’s okay. I stir up emotions in people. Sometimes more emotions than they can handle.” Arthur says.

Arthur smiles at her, “Don’t worry, your anger is something that we will work on. Instead of being known as strawberry fury, wouldn’t you rather be known as strawberry beauty?” Arthur asks her. He assumes if she had a nickname, it would have to do with her looks. He couldn’t imagine it any other way.

“My dear, if I find something else wrong with you, I will certainly point it out for you to correct.” He tells her. He believes that he is being helpful as she won’t have to be on the lookout for her deficiencies. No one cannot accuse him of not being an inattentive partner.

“My darling, it’s not just me who believes you are the right person, the soulmate academy believes it. Why else would they put us together if we weren’t meant to be together?” Arthur asks her. Arthur believes they are a perfect match and has no reason to question it. For Arthur looks are the most important criteria and she scores a perfect ten on that. He hasn't thought about what is most important for her nor does he care to.

After she touches Arthur’s noise, Arthur smiles and says, “Don’t worry about my roommate being jealous of us, the whole academy will be jealous.”

Rosalyn Wilder

Arthur was right about one thing at least- he definitely was stirring up emotions in Rosalyn, none of which were good ones though. Rosalyn didn't know if sarcasm was just completely lost on the dark haired boy, or if he was messing with her on purpose, but either way his responses to her sardonic comments were infuriating. He took everything she said literally, making her seem like a submissive pushover.

Rosalyn didn't want Arthur's help to work on her anger. Didn't want his help to point out her other flaws. And at this point, didn't want him to be her soulmate at all, whether fate or Manchester thought they should be together or not.

"Rosalyn. Maybe for now it's best if you just call me that." Rosalyn finally said, breaking out of her thoughts and looking back to Arthur. His “My Dears” and “My Darlings” made it sound more like she belonged to him, rather than being endearing. The pair hadn't known each other long enough or made an emotional connection to excuse pet names yet.

"As to why we were put together, I don't really know honestly. But I intend to find out." Rose added bluntly, deciding a straight forward response might work better than a sarcastic one. She had a biting response about the academy not being jealous of them at all, but she held it back, trying to remain calm.

Obviously there was a miscommunication between them. If Arthur really did have no idea she was being sarcastic with her comments, and truly believed everything he said was the truth and well intended, she didn't want to be overtly rude. She did, however, want to escape from this conversation before he had matching red and sore cheeks from another slap. It was for Arthur’s own good.

"Jealous or not, I'm going to head to my room and start settling in. I don't want to miss dinner or anything because I got a late start unpacking." Rosalyn said, making an excuse as she grabbed her suitcase and wheeled it to Arthur's door, opening it.

"Good luck with your roommate, hopefully your meeting with him goes more smoothly..." The strawberry blonde said, turning back to look at Arthur for a moment from the doorway. She sighed, wishing he acted even half as sweet as he looked. As much as her soul mate infuriated her, she figured she could at least attempt to save him some trouble with the guy he would be sharing the room with. "You might want to move his bed back in though before he gets here... I imagine that might make things less awkward for the two of you." She advised, before exiting Arthur's room and making her way back down the hallway.

Rosalyn's brows knit together as she replayed the interaction with Arthur over in her head, trying to figure out where they'd gone wrong. But the truth was, everything had begun to fall apart the moment they met. Surely a mistake must have been made with the threads! With so many people in the world, a mispairing had to occur every now and then, right? Rosalyn decided that she'd have to fix this problem herself or be alone forever. She glanced down at the blue thread again for a second, wondering if that was who she was supposed to be with instead. Or, if she just wasn't meant to be happy in this life and whoever was at the other end of the blue string would await her in the next one. Tugging on the blue thread absentmindedly as she walked towards the exit, Rosalyn resigned herself to the idea of being alone.

Annoyed

Arthur’s Room> Boy’s Hallway

nine lives

Mood: Impressed
Sun Bao
Interactions: Nicolai ( Kiroshiven Kiroshiven ) Roselyn ( Desert_Blossom Desert_Blossom )
Mentions: Trinity ( PaperGhosts PaperGhosts )
images (1).jpg

Sun turned his head to look towards the window where shouting was coming from. Sounded like some kind of big commotion was going on but he wasn't really sure what it was, though Nicolai seemed to pick up on what was happening. Seeing the mans haste he quickly grabbed the rest of Nicolai "Good luck I will catch up as soon as I can" before hurrying off down the hallway. It was mildly difficult trying to rush down the hall without dropping any of Nicolai's stuff and that was double for the Keyboard. What type of person would he be if he ended up dropping and damaging the Keyboard. Finally reaching Nicolai's room her swiftly opened the door with a quick "Sorry coming in!". Not checking to see if anyone was actually inside he set the bags down as gently as he could before darting out of the room, slamming the door behind him as he went.

Running down the hallway he caught sight of a girl with strawberry blonde hair wheeling a suitcase towards the door of exit of the boys door. "Oh so that's who the slap came form" he thought to himself. As he got closer to her he yelled to give her a heads up, "Watch out coming through on your left!" he yelled as he moved to the side to run past her and out the exit. Coming out of the building he race along the side heading to where he had heard the commotion coming from. Expecting to find the worst he was pleasantly surprised by its results. Nicolai stood with his hand on the head of a rather short girl, assumedly the guys soulmate as two larger dudes limped away. Did Nicolai actually pull it off? That was an equal mix of impressive and horrifying. Watching the two of them Sun decided to give them a moment, plus he needed a second to catch his breathe.

• Karube had spaced out completely as he busied himself with putting his things down in his new room. The computer was the first thing to get set up, of course. The nerd was happy that he already had met his roommate and liked him. Hopefully Sun didn't think he was too awkward. Karube could always just give him more gum until the other male liked him. Sun had mentioned letting Karube take whatever side of the room he wanted so he took the one further from the door. The less social interaction the better after all. He had just finished making his bed when he heard his new roommate start shouting. He'd been so caught up with making the room look perfect he hadn't heard the shouting coming from the window nearby. "Sun?" Karube asked just in time to see the other male running out of the dorm down the stairs. Something about this triggered Karube's fight or flight. He couldn't let his roommate get beat up the first day of school!

Safety first. That had been what Tess told him the last time they had spoke. Karube knew it was likely he was going to get bullied. Nerdy small kid that can't defend himself? Easy target. So he had done what any sane person would have done, get a stun gun. Karube now ran over to his backpack sitting in a chair and fished out the self defense weapon. He ran out of his room towards where Sun had gone, passing a girl with red hair on his way. "Excuse me I have to save my roommate from getting beat up!" He ran past the girl and shouldered the door open, leaping down the steps as fast as he could. Wow I really need to do more cardio. The nerd thought as just running down the flight of steps was enough to burn his lungs.

Once he burst out the door he began running towards the side of the building where the window had faced. Karube rounded the corner and hit the button on the stun gun which made it click loudly. "I'm here!" It took him a moment of just standing there holding the stun gun to notice whatever danger there was had already passed. The stun gun was clicking loudly and he embarrassedly dropped it and leaned over, putting both hands on his knees. "Oh thank god...Sun I thought...You were gonna...Hoo boy those...Stairs suck..." He was speaking in between deep, ragged breaths. Maybe he should ask that massive jock in the dorm to work out with him. That guy looked like he could bench press Karube as a warm up.

Talking to : Dante Verren Dante Verren , PaperGhosts PaperGhosts , Kiroshiven Kiroshiven
    Mentions : Desert_Blossom Desert_Blossom

fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillerlerfilelifr 7:45 AM fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilr
... aurora peterson ...

OUTFIT

click here

ends up in her room

Once again, Aurora finds herself dangling above the ground, but this time with a large smile on her face. Vincent seems just as excited about this as she is, which is refreshing. Normally she is the one to be too excited, to the point where people can become irritated with her. That won't be a problem with him though! Of course, he doesn't know her yet, but as he said, he already really likes her. Oh jeez, he really likes her. Well, that's never happened before. Aurora is normally the one with the unrequited crush, as she tends to romanticize things. A blush spreads across her face once again. She is about to respond that she really likes him too, when she is suddenly set down. Sure, maybe his arms just got tired. But, he's telling her to stay put and leaving. Leaving to go talk to another girl.

She find herself deflating as she considers what just happened. She asked him a question, he ranted about himself, then he left. Is he super narcissistic? That wouldn't be good, she wouldn't mesh well with that, but - what is she saying? He talked about himself then left! Sure, he may have said that he was interested in her, even liked her, but she hadn't said a damn thing about herself yet. What does he like? Her name? Maybe her appearance? She's had enough of people not caring about her.

Clouds of water cover the young woman's eyes as she considers the possibilities. From what she can hear in the hallway, he seems to be protective of this girl. From what Aurora saw of her, from her just passing in the hallway, they don't look alike, so they probably aren't related. Maybe they are friends? Even so, who, after just meeting their soulmate, decides to go comfort someone else? He hadn't even really spoken to her yet and already she's not good enough. She never will be. Not for him, her parents, or anyone else. I mean, hell, if the person she's meant to be with doesn't even want her, where does that leave her?

Aurora knows one thing for certain. She's not just going to sit around and wait for him to decide she's worth his time. She's not that girl anymore. So, picking a piece of paper and pen from her bad (she always has one, as she is a writer), she quickly writes him a note, stating I didn't know when you'd be back so I figured I should start unpacking. Here's my room number, if you want to stop by. If not, I'll see you at orientation. She then peeks out of the room, sees that he isn't looking, and begins to head towards her dorm room, ignoring all those along her way. She, thankfully, finds her dorm room empty and sits on her bed, placing her head in her hands as she contemplates what to do next.

code by ditto (head empty go bonk)

Rosalyn Wilder

Rosalyn didn't have long to dwell on her unfortunate luck with soulmate threads before her thoughts were interrupted by a heads up to watch out. Rosalyn turned just in time to see a boy running down the hall, and she quickly stepped to the right to avoid a collision. The boy passed on her left, leaving a gust of wind in his wake that fluttered Rosalyn's skirt and hair, and was out the door as quick as he appeared. Rosalyn just stood there for a moment, wondering where the boy was off to so fast, and blew a stray piece of freshly displaced hair out of her face. Boys.

Just as Rosalyn resumed walking to the exit, another boy ran past her! "What in the world?!" Rosalyn uttered under her breath, hurrying to get out of the second boy's way as well. She frowned, hearing him say something about saving his roommate from getting beat up, and watched him disappear through the same doors as the first guy moments earlier. While Rosalyn was curious as to what all the commotion was about, she decided that she'd had enough of the male sex for a while and wouldn't investigate despite heading in the same direction.

Rosalyn glanced around to make sure there weren't any other guys making a break for the door. She hadn't been at Manchester long, but it was turning out to be eventful - even if not in the way she had perhaps hoped. Heaving a sigh, Rosalyn glanced down at her threads once more and shook her head to push her thoughts aside before she fell back down that depressing rabbit hole again. She just wanted to get to her dorm, have a good cry alone, and move on.

However, once again Rosalyn's attempt to escape from the boy's dorm was interrupted by another guy calling out to her. Reflexively Rose moved to the side of the hallway to avoid getting trampled, only to realize that this guy wasn't running for the door, but was actually trying to talk to her. Rosalyn was surprised by how tall Vincent was, and tilted her head back a little as he approached so she could look up at him.

"Oh, ugh, I'm fine." Rosalyn replied, cursing herself for letting her emotions show in public and plastering a smile on her face. "I mean, thank you for asking. Today started a bit rough, but I'm sure things will get better... At least it would be hard for them to get worse." She replied, trying to sound optimistic and tucking some hair behind her ear.

The smile on Rosalyn's lips faltered when Vincent grew quiet for a moment before asking if someone had hit her. The boy looked like he grew another foot, if that was even possible, at the idea that someone had hurt Rosalyn, and she was a little afraid to tell him the truth that it was her who had caused the slapping noise. "Oh! No, no no..." She replied quickly, waving her hands to dismiss the giant's worry. Even if it was tempting to throw Arthur under the bus, she didn't want to lie. "I didn't realize it was that loud... I didn't slap him that hard." Rosalyn explained, her forced smile fading into a sheepish one. "I promise he deserved it!" She added, not wanting to face the tall guy's wrath.

Suddenly Rosalyn noticed a girl quickly dart out of Vincent's room while his back was turned and sneak away. "Uh, I think your, um, friend or girlfriend just left..." She pointed out, thankful for the change of subject.

Flustered

Boy’s Hallway

nine lives

Last edited:

Lykan, Alexis

location in front of her dorm room door
tags Dante Verren Dante Verren

Pleas don't be mad, please don't be mad! Is the only thought that repeatedly screams in Alexis's brain as she cover her red face in embarrassment after what happened. Her heartbeat meanwhile appears up immensely, which she immediately takes notice. Why does my heart feel like it's about to burst from my chest?! Bloody hell! After a few seconds of nothing, her replying back with a cheery voice was clearly unexpected to Alexis.
... She's kinda a bit shocked, really.
Wait... she's...not mad. She removes the hand away from her face as her heart rate calms down a bit. "..." She kinda expected at least a little bit of annoyance in her tone of voice for bumping into her but she guesses she was wrong.
That's a really big relief. With this ambiguous blue thread...I don't want to start off the wrong foot already. She peered down a bit at their thread, while also taking the opportunity to check her out as unsuspecting as possible before looking back at her in her eyes. This blue thread definitely did not help with her confidence...and she really didn't like the thought of dying before they got together. Whoever you are... She hears her name for the first time. Jeanne.
Jeanne... Please don't leave me...like everyone else... She couldn't handle it anymore. First it was Suki...then it was her mom...if she lost anyone else dear to her...she might end herself for good this time...
Wait, what the hell are these depressing thoughts? She came to find the one to fix her and she's standing right in front of her. Pushing these thoughts away, she decides it best to probably just introduce herself back to her.
"Ah, Right. Pretty name. Lykan. Alexis Lykan. It's nice to finally meet you..." She tells her with a weak and clearly embarrassed smile, still red even after she's done introducing herself to Alexis. There isn't much she could add to her other statement other than a simple: "Yeah..." However, before long, the dreaded thought of what a blue thread could be start to flood in her thoughts again. That is if we're alive when we get together...or if the worst doesn't happen. However, a tingling sensation in her arm shoves out those thoughts once again, making her shift her focus on her bag, now somewhat shakily handling the weight of it all.
This bag is really starting to get heavy...at least I think. Regardless, I should find my dorm soon. While curious on knowing more on her soul mate, she decides it's best to cut the conversation short here before it could get any more awkward for the girl. "I would like to know more about ya, but I should really find my dorm room. I guess we'll talk later." Giving her one final smile for now, she slipped by Jeanne to go and find her room, blushing at the mere thought of being potentially together in the future. Heh....Future me has really great taste so far...I just hope it lasts.
About halfway to her destination, she starts to have second thoughts on leaving her soulmate behind to put her stuff away. Last thing she wants is Jeanne taking it the wrong way... I kinda feel guilty cutting our conversation short, but that what the school's for, innit bruv? She thinks to herself as a way to try to be more optimistic before concentrating on the goal in mind.
Now, my dorm room...

Immediately after finding her dorm room, she went inside to find a completely empty room only fit with some of the furniture carried over from her room alongside a few new things. The other side of the room was still completely empty, so it was safe to assume that her roommate still hadn't arrived yet. With no one around yet to judge her, she started to set up everything that was in her bag. All over her small dresser and her desk were some figures of model cars and anime figurines and right above it were some posters of Anime and cars, alongside some swords there to finish off that area. Alright. I've just about set everything up. My cars, my figures, my swords, my posters and my PS4...It's starting to feel like home... Walking a few steps back in the dorm looking and checking if everything was correctly in order, she smiles and feels satisfied with herself before peeping on the barren other side.
I don't think my roomie's here yet so I guess I'll head out again. Walking towards the door, she sets down the bases of a plan on what to do next.
Now... should I find Jeanne again or... Reaching out for the door, she notices a few new markings in her arm as she reaches out to leave her dorm. Huh? What's this in my arm? As she exits her dorm, she takes the time to look at her arm and read the message inscribed in it. 'Don't worry about it'!. Isn't that the first thing she said to me? I did feel like something was tingling me when she was talking to me. I thought it was the weight of my bag but I guess...it was this. She smiles, more widely this time, running a hand over the message before holding it over her now rapidly beating heart. I guess we really are fated for each other.

Right?

Mood: Slightly Down
Jeanne Celice
Interactions: Alexis ( SpeedHunters73 SpeedHunters73 ) Erika ( Like-A-Moss Like-A-Moss )
72725773_419671112028203_3543346039220076544_n.png

Cute, that was the only Jeanne could describe the embarrassed way that her soulmate was acting. Which was weird for Jeanne, not once in her life could she ever remember thinking that someone around her own age was cute. Sure she had thought of infants, animals, or an outfit looked cute but she had never applied it to one of her peers. There conversation would be cut short, very very short as Alexis excused herself to go and find her dorm. It was understandable that she wanted to find her room and get set up. Plus less conversation meant less effort Jeanne had to put in to maintain fake Jeanne. "Oh alright then. I can't wait to see you later!" she called after Alexis with a smile and a wave. Keeping up both until Alexis disappeared around a corner. Letting her arm drop to her side, Jeanne stood in the hallway staring at the spot that Alexis had been. A simple question came to her mind while she was staring at that spot... raising two fingers she placed them on the base of her neck and waited for her pulse. It was the same slow and lazy beat that it always. If her heart wasn't racing then why did watching Alexis walk away make her feel so down?

Jeanne glanced at the string around her ring finger and very quickly decided that it was the culprit. Sighing lightly she reached into her pocket and pulled out the ear bud from earlier. Gently she placed the device into her right ear and started up the music once again. Letting the brass horns and light key stokes of the piano wash away the unpleasant feeling left behind. With the fake smile still on her face she set off down the hallway back towards her own dorm. Despite not being gone for very long she was already missing the comfort of the enclosed space that blocked out the public eye. She began to wonder if her roommate had arrived during her brief absence and if they had what type of person they were. If they were loud and rowdy this was going to be a major pain, but if they were quiet and reserved then maybe there was hope for them getting along. Real Jeanne didn't like the idea of sharing a room with the rowdy type.

Stopping in front of the door to her room she glanced back and forth down the hallway to make sure no one was looking before dropping her smile. Opening the door she stepped inside to see that her roommate was in fact in the room. A brunette who looked pretty much done with her unpacking. Looking over at her own bags that were at the foot of her bed. She would need to start unpacking now as well. Looking back to her roommate she gave her a nod and a simple "Hi I'm Jeanne" in her usual neutral tone before moving to her side of the room and starting to un pack her own stuff.

• filler

Erika had been lost in her thoughts as Jeanne had walked in. She jumped slightly as she turned to greet her, "Oh, hi!" she smiled, a little glad for the distraction, "It's nice to meet you, I'm Erika." she said. She hadn't thought at all what she would say to her roommate. She knew she had to make a good impression, or at least a nice impression. She definitely didn't want to have her own room be an awkward place whenever she was with Jeanne. She spent a few moments making sure her closet was packed nicely, she didn't want to annoy her with too many questions. Erika could already tell that Jeanne seemed like the quieter type. That was a little relieving honeslty. She felt like she'd always have a quiet place to go when everything else was just...too much. Maybe she should somehow explain that to Jeanne? No, she didn't want to seem like she was just throwing all of her problems onto her, as that was definitely not the case. It'd be easier to just...not talk about her anxieties anyway. "Have you had a chance to meet your soulmate yet?" She quesitoned. Erika had noticed her bags, so assumed she had gone out to follow the thread. Hopefully Jeanne had been a little luckier with the first meeting than she had.

Erika King

yooo what up

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
Mood: Slightly Down
Jeanne Celice
Interaction: Erika ( Like-A-Moss Like-A-Moss )

Jeanne grabbed the bags of the ground and placed them on the bed, unzipping them and starting to pull out the items. Various clothes , hats, accessories, etc. piled up on the bed followed by text books and a few living supplies. Very carefully she pulled out a decent sized wooden box that contained her soul decorative item, a signed record of her parents favorite artist that they had given her as a good luck charm. Jeanne had never been one to collect posters, dolls, or anything like that so she didn't really have anything to bring with her as a peice of home. Her parents took matters into their own hands and had given this to their daughter to make sure she had something to remind her of home. Continuing with her unpacking she spoke to Erika without looking back at her, "I ran into her a minute ago and she was busy getting herself set up" Gently picking up the record box she lightly placed it on the desk they were provided in the room and popped it open to make sure everything was intact.

Satisfied that the record was undamaged she looked over at Erika, "You?". If Erika had actually met her soulmate or not was not her concern, but it was at least polite to check if she had. "Oh for future reference I don't tend to make much noise and will stick to my side of the room. If you have a problem with me or something just let me know but even if I am here I should be mostly out of your hair. " She said in an attempt to be reassuring in her usual tone instead of slipping into fake Jeanne's excited tone.

• Nicolai stood there awaiting an answer from the girl that he figured was his soulmate. I don't think I've been this excited other than before a piano competition. Who would've guessed? His thoughts buzzed about as he could feel the tension in her shoulder slowly starting to fade before she finally said something. "I can hear you." A weird bubbling sensation ran along his left wrist as the words left her mouth. But what was more important was the way she said those words. Her voice, now that she wasn't screaming, was filled with enough awe and wonder that Nicolai would've compared it to a small child. Her voice was soft and comforting to him. Honestly the fact that all she had said was 'I can hear you' made him a little sad. He probably could've sat there and listened to her talk for an hour about anything at all without losing interest even once. Was this the power of being soulmates? He wasn't sure, but if it was, Nicolai was happy to have one.

It took a moment for Nicolai to realize that he'd just been standing there holding her shoulder in absolute silence for what felt like an eternity. "Sorry about that." His voice was a bit more nervous as he let go of her shoulder, placing his hand onto his wrist. The new Braille on his arm writing out her words just brought about a small smile to his face. "My name's Nicolai." Finally realizing they hadn't introduced themselves. "Nicolai Morozov. It's a pleasure to meet you." He scratched at the back of his head while wondering how to ask his next question. "So, this may be a bit weird, but may I touch your face? I'd like to have an idea for the face of my soulmate if at all possible." He asked while feeling heat rush to his face. God this was embarrassing.
    PaperGhosts PaperGhosts

• Kiroshiven Kiroshiven

"...it's probably silly, right?" she said sheepishly. "I know, bu--ack!"

Julia froze when he hugged her, tensing her body uncomfortably. Her face had a bit of a sour and she squirmed a tad, hoping he'd get the memo to let go--but, he seemed pretty content. She was certainly grateful for Shane's welcoming nature and reaching out to help her feel better, but it was going to be hard to stay appreciative if he kept touching her when she asked him not to...

The mention of his dance instructor was a nice touch, though. Even if she was still upset about not having a soulmate--for a multitude of reasons--it was nice to hear a story like that. She supposed it gave her some hope, even if she was still conflicted with her doubt, and disappointed in her own actions.

Once he moved on to talk about her hobbies, she decided it could wait in favor of establishing her much-wanted consent.

"Sorry, um, it's nothing against you, but, uh, can we dial back a little on the skinship..?" she asked, not wanting to hurt his feelings or offend him. She looked at him hopefully, really crossing her fingers that he wasn't someone who would ignore her request, because she really wanted to be friends!

mood

yikes

still the hallway

outfit

tags

oh darling, go buy a brain

At the girl's comment, Remi seems to retreat into herself once more. The intensity once shown in her eyes is gone, all that shows now is that she is uncomfortable. It isn't as if these two are really being "lovey", in fact it seems to exact opposite. This man seems entranced by her and all she feels is fear. Fear that one day they would become "lovey", then it would get ripped away from her. He would realize, just like everyone else, that she's too flawed. Too broken to be a princess, but too fancy to be normal. Too damaged to be a soulmate, but too scared to be alone. But really, she is alone. Sure, her brother is bound to her by blood and Alec is by a simple piece of thread. A thread is all that holds the two of them together. A thread which can be cut. Then, he would never have to see her again. This piece of string is flismy, but also strong. It would survive tugging, ripping, or even attempting to untie it. But it won't survive her. Not that she would demolish it, but he will. And it will be her fault. And she'll blame herself for eternity.

At his question, Remi becomes flustered for the first time in a while. What does she say to that. Because I'm an asshole and you won't want anything to do with me? Yeah, I don't think so. So she thinks for a moment, though it doesn't seem to help her at all, before answering "Well, you're just, you ya know? You're like a knight and a gentlemen and I'm just....not. Yeah. It wasn't meant to be offensive or anything and I'm sure that you'll find your future soulmate, even if you don't have one here. Well, I suppose you have me, but you don't have me, I mean.... Nevermind" She rants, while fidgeting with the ring she always wears. It seems he has rubbed off on her a bit. Or maybe it was his kindness that got her flustered.

nine lives

• filler

Erika's smiled dropped slightly, "Uh, I think that mine was busy too," she said simply and turned slightly to look at Jeanne as she spoke again and nodded slightly. "I probably won't either. I listen to music often, but I usually just wear headphones. Other than that, I'll probably just be reading. And I usually do homework at a library or cafe or something," she explained. She felt like she was rambling, but she wasn't sure. She finished setting up some of her current books, so that they'd just be easy to grab, and started to organize her 'coffee things' as she called them. It was really just some syrup flavoring and the espresso press, but she liked to have it organized. "I'm not sure if you're much of a coffee drinker, but I definitely am and as long as you save some for me you're more than welcome to have some. I have a uh, lot of things for it. It's almost like I need it to survive," she joked. She kind of did really, otherwise she'd be really cranky. Which was something she didn't think she'd want to do with a ton of random people. She hoped there was a coffee place close if she ever ran out. Or just a coffee place in general as that was one of her favorite places to just relax when she has too much going on.

Erika King

yooo what up

♡coded by uxie♡

Arthur

Interactions: Desert_Blossom Desert_Blossom
np06Tfth_400x400.jpg

When Rosalyn wanted to find out why they were put together, Arthur already figured it out. “Isn’t it obviously, I’m here to help you with your anger issues and your job is to be pretty eye-candy for me. So far you’re doing your job better than I am.” Arthur said with a grin.

Eventually Rosalyn left. While Arthur came here for a soulmate, he has a far more noble pursuit in mind… pranks. He opened his bag and took out a bottle of crazy glue. He put that in his pocket and left the building. He noticed Rosalyn and some tall dork talking. Most guys would be worried about their girl talking to some random dude. Arthur isn’t your average guy. He’s sure Rosalyn realizes how lucky she is to be with him and she certainly wouldn’t want to ruin things. After all someone doesn’t win the lotto to just throw away the ticket.

Arthur couldn’t put the crazy glue on the boys dorm room doorhandle because he would need to get back inside. So he went over to find the girls dorm, made sure no one was looking and he put crazy glue on the doorhandle. Arthur put the glue stick back in his pocket and tried to contain his laughter as he left. While he might enjoy waiting until he victim came along, he needed to hide the evidence.

The school might search everyone and their rooms for the gluestick so he needed to hide it. Back at the boys dorm, he went into a stall in the washroom. Closed it and took the back of the toilet off. He made sure the glue stick was tightly on and put it in the back part of the toilet. He flushed the toilet to make sure it still worked and then put the lid back on.

Arthur knew it could take a while for the school to figure out how to get the girls hand off the doorhandle so he was in no hurry, so he casually strolled towards the boys dorm exit like he doesn’t have a care in the world. After all, he wasn’t the one about to have his hand stuck to a doorhandle.

• Mood: Indifferent
    Jeanne Celice
    Interactions: Erika( Like-A-Moss Like-A-Moss )
    By the way that Erika's smile dropped she either was really looking forward to meeting her soulmate and hadn't been able to yet, or had already met them and wasn't happy with the result. Either way the slight movement didn't signal anything great. It was nice to here that her roommate was a quieter person like herself and if Jeanne was a friendlier person she probably would have asked the girl what types of books she liked to read, but instead Jeanne just responded with a "mhm." before going back to unpacking. Refolding her clothes she placed the normal day to day clothing in the drawers on the right-side of the wardrobe while hanging up her jackets, dresses, and fancier clothes on the left side. She had heard there was some sort of party going on, part of the welcome to the school. She didn't want to go but it was probably best to go for at least a little bit. The question was did she put any extra effort in for something she didn't want to do or go as is?

As Erika finished telling her about the coffee situation Jeanne turned to look at her again "Thanks but I probably won't drink it often. Not a fan of the bitter taste. Even with added sugar I can still taste the bitterness." Jeanne generally hated anything with a bitter taste, not because it was bad but because it reminded her too much of the dozens of medication she has had to take in her life. You can only make medicine taste so sweet with out that horrible taste crawling back in and even though her mother had always told her the worse it taste the better it is for you, but she could never get over it. Which is why on the rare occasion she did drink coffee it had at least 6 bags of sugar added in. Picking up her bags she set them next to her wardrobe on her side of the room before walking back over to her bed and falling backwards onto it, opting to just stare up at the ceiling while she listened to her music to pass the time. Of course she would respond to Erika if talked to.

Trinity

Location | Campus, outside boy's dormitoryMentions | Kiroshiven Kiroshiven Mood | Terrified/Anxious

Trinity was spiraling in a whirlwind of emotions. Only one remained discernable: anxiety. A million unknowns presented their blurry shapes before her, and she was stuck staring them down, hoping none would sneak up on her. And then there was one certainty in front of her, in reality, and that was this stranger of a man. No, he was more than a stranger. She'd known him before, if the fae were accurate in their understanding of soulmates. In either case, her soul and her life were linked to his. What kind of relationship were they meant to have? Love? She couldn't imagine it. She knew love. Love for her parents, for her brother. Perhaps she had even loved a couple friends in her life. But that's not what this thread stood for, and she wasn't sure if she even wanted that.

She didn't. She wasn't ready. Would she ever be? In spite of Trinity's rationale, the girl found herself hypnotized by the rhythm of his breathing. It was loud in the silence that she was so accustomed to. She found herself leaning into his hand as she studied his features, a bit too intensely. She was being a bit too free with his blindness, she supposed, but his lack of visual awareness allowed her to let go of polite pretenses. She couldn't deny the pull she felt. A magnetic attraction. She nearly laughed at how accurate the cliché had become. She couldn't fathom leaving. He had a piece of her that she needed to keep close. What that piece was, she had no clue, and that's what terrified her to the core. She swallowed hard as she watched his lips jump into action, and sound escape them.

Nicolai Morozov.

His voice bounced around in her head like an echo, searing his name into her mind. It took here a moment to realize he had asked to a question. Swallowing hard at the request, Trinity took a step back from him. She knew denying the request was harsh, but something about giving him a face to know her by made this too real. She glanced at the boys over Nic's shoulder, presumably his friends, with eyes clouded by panic.

"I'm sorry," she choked, "I just...I need a minute."

She took a step away, finding it difficult to breath. She needed air, and to be alone. Feeling the existential dread rising, she turned and took off running, both away from Nic and the guilt of giving into her fears. Ignoring any students' curious gazes, she ran until she was out of sight of the boys dorm. On the verge of hyperventilating, she came to a halt at an opening between two buildings. It led out into a garden and appeared to be empty. She stumbled towards it, turning the corner to hide behind some plants as she dropped to the ground and tried to regain her breath. In retrospect, the panic attack seemed a bit melodramatic for her tastes, but in that moment the panic was all she could feel. It escaped her through shaking shoulders and choked tears, and she wondered how she was ever going to face him again.

TEMPLATE © BOKEH

Hikari Hayami
Well there had still been no sign of her roommate. "Guess I'll meet her later." Hikari said to herself as she stuffed her phone in her pocket. She might as well follow this red string and see who it led to. Just as she had made up her mind she saw the door open.

"Sorry to bother, but I'm your roommate. I wanted to introduce myself."

"Oh! Hi! I wanted to meet you to!" Hikari stood up and walked over to her. "You caught me just in time. I was about to head out. I'm Hikari by the way." The girl seemed nice and she was really pretty to. "Hope you don't mind I already picked my side of the room."
Mood: Happy
Tags: Scythex Scythex

Roxie Heart

Roxie was a bit taken back by his excitement and nervousness. He started rambling and talking fast that Roxie couldn't even get a word in. The most she could get out was a "Thanks..." When he called her pretty and said that he liked her jacket. Everything seemed to happen so fast. She watched him as turned around to get something. When he turned around in his hands he had flowers and chocolates? Roxie eyes widen a bit then looked at him as if to say was he serious. She then took them not really sure how respond. Not that she could anyway cause he went right back to talking again.

"My name's Jay Alvarez--but, you knew the first part already. We should grab a bite to eat together!! I mean, do you want to grab a bite to eat? Ah, I would need to put my stuff in my room, but if you don't mind, we could just walk together! We should get to know each other, after all, if you're cool with it--wait, I'm sorry, I didn't even get your name. What's your name?"

Roxie stared at him before suddenly she busted out laughing. Holy shit this guy was he for real?! "Haha sorry sorry I just haha um haha!" After a moment she calmed herself. "Thanks for the um haha flowers and chocolates. I certainly wasn't expecting it and uh the name's Roxie, Roxie Heart. To answer your question.....I guess we could get something to eat." Roxie then looked back at the flowers. What was she honestly suppose to do with these? Sure the chocolates she could eat but the flowers? They would just die at some point. Roxie STRANGLEY was feeling nice and didn't bother to say her thoughts. "Can I ask you something? Why did you buy these if we've never even met?" Roxie asked curious to why he would even bother.

Outfit:
Tags:

mood

well, this is awkward

still the hallway

outfit

tags

oh darling, go buy a brain

Remi lets out a sad sigh at the boy's word. He clearly is just not getting it. She had tried to be subtle, mentioning him having another soulmate, but he just has to be dense. In another time, she would have found it adorable. The two of them not being together isn't even coming up as an option in his mind. How sweet, no, naïve. She takes one last look over him, since after this he will never want to see her again. After all, pushing people away is what she is good at. Actually, it's the one thing she's consistently been successful at. Though she's not sure that she wants to be anymore.

Red hair, blue eyes, and wearing a sweater. Committing these features to memory, she also tries to imagine what he would look like in his armor, or even a suit. That would make this a lot easier. If he was wearing your typical knightly outfit, it would just reaffirm her point. He's too good for her. He deserves a real princess, or even a lady. Someone proper. Someone who could be awkward with him, but still be a hopeless romantic when it comes down to it. Though, much as she hates to admit it, thinking of him with someone else does hurt. No, it doesn't just hurt, it rips her heart out of her body and hands it to him.

Taking a deep breath, she finally decides to speak up once again, though she wishes she wouldn't "I- I guess I'm going to have to do this the hard way. We just aren't going to work out. I don't want to be a knight, but you deserve someone good, like you are. Hell, I have probably spent just as many hours breaking laws as you've trained to enforce them. I'm sure you have another, more fitting soulmate out there, but I can't do this. If you actually knew me, you wouldn't want this"

nine lives

Mood: Mischievous
Current form: Human​

Finnabar Mac Canna
Interactions: Arthur ( Superfly47 Superfly47 )
375bdc6a98dd60fcee8520ad53d084fd.jpg

Was using his cat form to drag his bag that was more then twice this forms size across the crowd to the boys dorm a good idea? No no it was not. It was a very ineffective way of doing things but it was fine. His cat form represented his mischievous side and he was definitely feeling a bit mischievous, luckily he wasn't the only who had mischief in mind. As he was dragging his bag towards the direction of the boys dorm, he caught side of black haired boy with a certain gleam in his eyes. Finnabar recognized the gleam, he often saw it in the eyes of his kin when they were about to cause some trouble or in the mirror of his own eyes when he was about to do the same. Once more he abandoned his bag to stealthily follow after the man. Silently the cat watched as the man applied some form of glue to the girls dorm handle. Finnabar could only chuckle quietly and lightly flick the stub of a tail this form had.

As the man casually left the scene of the crime cat Finnabar stalked after keeping a close eye to see what he was doing. He followed the man all the way to the boys bathroom. As the man went inside he pressed his ear to the door to listen in. Instead of the usual bathroom noises one would hear to his ears he heard the sound of something being unscrewed, some shuffling, and then a few other sounds. Stepping back the cat transformed back into the human Finnabar and he leaned his back against the wall next to the door waiting for the man to come out. As the man left the bathroom and started heading for the exit Finnabar called out to him, "Neat trick boyo, you must be one hell of a chancer to try something like that on the first day. I like it"

• animegirl20 animegirl20

He smiled when she laughed, heart swelling with a mixture of relief, happiness, and affection. He was relieved he didn't give a bad first impression, happy that he managed to make her laugh--he always liked being able to make people smile--and affection for the one he was supposed to be devoted to for the rest of their lives. Her laugh and smile were things he would never get sick of, he could tell that already. His already present grin grew impossibly wider when she agreed to his suggestion of getting lunch together.

At her question, he paused for a moment to gather his thoughts, although it didn't take long. With a short shrug, he adjusted the glasses on his face with a small wriggle of his nose and began speaking.

"I just want to romance my soulmate and set a good first impression." He took a short step forward and let one of his hands slip over her hand holding the bouquet, the other gently caressing the head of one of the flowers, as if he were inspecting them.

"Did I not do good, Roxie?" His eyes flickered to hers, as he spoke, feigning a small pout--though, he was struggling to stop the corners of his lips from pulling back, wanting desperately to smile. He was usually better at controlling his expressions, but it was hard to right now when he was feeling all giddy.

• The nerd was still doubled over when Nicolai started talking to the girl. Did he just ask to touch her face? He didn't ask to touch Karube's face. Before Karube could be offended Nicolai stated that the girl was his soulmate. Sun came over and started talking to Karube next. "Not a hero huh? Too bad I was ready to beat those guys up." Karube finally managed to catch his breath and stood up which required him taking his hands off his knees. They immediately started shaking betraying how terrified he had been by the entire situation. I mean could anyone blame him for being scared!? Those guys were huge! He chuckled in spite of himself as the adrenaline started leaving his system and took the stun gun that Sun was offering him.

The next question caught Karube off guard and he avoided meeting the eyes of Sun. "I mean...I don't know if they're allowed or not. What the staff doesn't know won't hurt them right?" He grinned sheepishly and stuffed the stun gun into his pocket in case any adults came walking by. "Not like I'm going to attack people with it. It's specifically for purposes like that. Besides those guys punches would do way more damage to me than this would do to them. It's fair." The logic made perfect sense to Karube and he figured he didn't need to explain it any more.

Then Sun did the worst thing imaginable. Suggest they go find his soulmate. Karube froze up a bit and his mind began racing looking for an excuse to avoid that situation entirely. He glanced at the string wrapped around his figure and was pleased to see that it hadn't moved yet. What if she was just as afraid of him as he was of her? That would be perfect. They could just avoid each other entirely and he wouldn't have to embarrass himself. Then Sun leaned in and whispered that the two needed a private moment.

In that instant the soulmate of Nicolai turned on her heel and sprinted away. Sun hadn't noticed because he had turned to whisper to Karube. The nerd was in shock but happy that they had something else to talk about now rather than his soulmate. He didn't know what to say so he merely pointed at the retreating girl and motioned with his head so that Sun would see. He just stupidly watched the girl run away until she finally turned the corner. The silence in the air after was extremely uncomfortable even for him. Something had to be done. These guys were his friends right?

Karube cleared his throat loudly and walked up to Nicolai. "You can touch my face if you want. If that helps." Shit. Did that just make it worse? God he sucked at this. Little did he know, with Nicolai's soulmate just full on sprinting away from him, Karube was actually doing the best with his soulmate out of the 3 of them. By just strictly avoiding her.

Talking to : Dante Verren Dante Verren , PaperGhosts PaperGhosts , Kiroshiven Kiroshiven

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back