• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Manchester Academy for Soulmates

Characters
Here
Other
Here

• Nicolai could feel the girl's tension running though her body by the hand he had on her shoulder. Despite this though, she was leaning in closer and closer. As she grew closer still there was a pounding that was louder than anything he'd heard until that point in his life? Was it her heartbeat? His own? Nicolai couldn't tell anymore. She was so close, he could nearly feel her breath against his skin. Instinctively, he reached up towards her face despite not having an answer, and then felt her pull back. "I'm sorry. I just.....I need a minute." Those words, those eight simple words reminded Nicolai of the harshness of reality. In an instance the girl that had filled him with a sudden surge of passion was gone, left only with an empty longing to just hear her voice once again.

I screwed up. The thought ran through Nicolai's mind on repeat for a solid few seconds as he just stood there lost and now feeling something worse than he could've ever imagined. Didn't Sun mention something about a black thread meaning the connection had been severed? Is that the thread color we have? For the first time in his entire life, Nicolai cursed his blindness. He wanted so badly to just see his thread, to maybe alleviate some of the anxiety building up inside him. Damn my horrid luck! He clenched his fists until his knuckles turned white and he could feel his nails digging into his flesh enough to leave marks. He needed an outlet and he needed it right then and there.

"You can touch my face it you want. If that helps." Nicolai turned to Karube, whom he hadn't even realized had come outside. "Thanks for the offer." Nicolai put on a brave face and his best smile. He couldn't let someone see him being weak like this. "But I think I'm just going to go back to my room." He got the words out quickly and started making his way back to the dorm. Yes, he'd forgotten his walking stick on the ground, but he could just get the spare out of his bag and find it later. Nicolai wanted anything but to be at that spot at that moment.

As he managed to get back to the entrance from memory of his walk out, Nicolai was nearly run over by a mammoth of a person. The blind boy spinning as the other, likely, male ran out. Nicolai normally would've chewed the presumably male out for his rude behavior, but he didn't care right then. However, the second collision with a person caused Nicolai to fall to ground. His body splaying out in the spread eagle as he lay there. His imagination began to run wild on what his soulmate's face had looked like when she was so close. Was she disgusted? Did she think it was some kind of sick joke to be paired with the blind guy? Maybe her leaning in close had been just to prove he was blind? The sudden rush of insecurities and unknowns that had never plagued him before came crashing down in a single monstrous and vile thought. "Why was I born this way?" Nicolai regretted asking that question as he laid there. A single tear rolling down his cheek and onto the cold tile beneath him.
    Interactions: Lurker Lurker Desert_Blossom Desert_Blossom

Rosalyn Wilder

The strawberry blonde noticed Vincent deflate a little, and she braced herself for a scolding for slapping Arthur... But instead of disapproval, Rose’s admittance of guilt was met by laughter from the giant young man. Rosalyn just blinked in surprise for a moment, relieved that Vincent wasn’t angry, but not ready to laugh about her situation with Arthur yet.

Her cheeks flushed when Vince said that the whole dorm had heard the slap, and she mentally cursed herself for already causing a scene with her outburst. Arthur had said his purpose of being her soulmate was to help her with her anger issues, but she didn’t know how he was supposed to do that when he was the one causing them. Just the thought of her dark haired soulmate made her pulse quicken with annoyance and...

Vince’s observation that everyone had left brought Rose back out of her thoughts, and she nodded. “Oh, yeah. Something must have happened, because two guys ran out of here a minute ago, but not sure why...” She replied, thankful for the change of subject. Though it didn’t last long.

The pinkette was appreciative of Vincent’s offer to straighten out Arthur if needed, and she genuinely smiled, a little embarrassed. Typically she didn’t like seeming like a maiden in distress needing help with anything, but Vincent’s offer seemed sincere rather than condescending, so Rosalyn found it a sweet gesture. “Oh, thanks. I’m Rosalyn, and I have a feeling I might have to take you up on that.” She replied, the thought of Vincent looming over Arthur to scare him straight bringing her some satisfaction.

Aurora’s departure caught her attention and she pointed it out to Vince. Rosalyn wasn’t offended that the gentle giant wanted to go after the girl, having a suspicion that him talking to her might have had something to do with his girl leaving to begin with. “Nice meeting you too... She called after Vince as he ran down the hall, plowing through the door and nearly knocking over another student in the process.

Rosalyn shook her head a little, turning around for a moment to grab her suitcase. So far she’d not seen a single person just walk out of the boy’s dorm. At least this time it wasn’t her that was nearly run into, nobody would come away unharmed if Vince plowed them over. Nearly laughing at that thought, Rosalyn turned back around and started heading for the exit, again, at the exact same moment someone ran smack into her.

Rosalyn’s sudden forward momentum met the other guy’s, cancelling each other out, and sending the pair crashing to the ground in opposite directions. Rosalyn let out a surprised “Ooh!” and tried to catch her fall by grabbing her suitcase, but the bag just rolled out from beneath her and she fell back onto her butt with a soft thump. The boy that had run into her faired a little worse though, and was now splayed out on the ground, spread eagle.

Annoyed and a little bruised, Rosalyn’s eyes narrowed in the boy’s direction. “You should watch where you—“ She started to say, before falling silent at Nicolai’s words. Why was I born this way?

Confused, and now worried that the dark haired guy might be hurt, Rosalyn pushed herself off the ground and stepped over to him. Bending down a little, with her hands propped on her knees, she peered down at Nicolai. The boy looked as upset as she had felt a few minutes ago, and she saw a tear slide down his cheek. Her brow’s knitting in concern, Rose felt a little guilty for snapping at him now, but he didn’t seem to have heard.

Rosalyn usually avoided getting involved with other people’s problems- not sure how to handle her own emotions, let alone those of others- but since Vince had been kind enough to check in on her, she felt she should pay the kindness forward. “I’m sorry, I didn’t see you there... Are you hurt?” She asked, offering her hand to help Nicolai up. Obviously he wasn’t okay emotionally, but Rose figured she’d rule out physical pain first since it was a less touchy subjext

Concerned

Boy’s Hallway

interaction: Lurker Lurker Kiroshiven Kiroshiven mention: Superfly47 Superfly47

nine lives

Last edited:
fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillerlerfilelifr 7:45 AM fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilr
... aurora peterson ...

OUTFIT

click here

her dorm room

TAGS

Lurker Lurker

Aurora's thoughts are still occupied by questioning her own worth, as well as who the hell that girl was to him. She's not an idiot, from the small glance she got of that girl, she was definitly pretty, probably more so than Rory herself. Still, even if Zac Efron was in the building, she would never leave her soulmate after their first meeting. Well, maybe she just did, but that was different. Does this mean he wants a thread with that girl? Much as she hates to admit it, she would willingly get theirs cut if that's what he wanted. That wouldn't stop the pain though. Maybe she's---

Her emotional spiral is cut off by the voice of him, her soulmate. The person she's destined to be with, at least for now. In five minutes, maybe they won't fit anymore. Maybe they never were meant to in the first place. As he speaks, she unconsciously rubs her wrist, where his first words were printed. How much easier would life be for them if those damn words weren't there? At his words, she can't help but let out a small scoff, but immediately covers her mouth.

Is she okay? Hell no. Would he be? Seriously, would anyone be at this point? Besides, she has no idea why he's here. Of course he didn't miss her. Even if they were both happy together, they just met. He knows nothing about her. How could he possibly miss her? Besides, he has other things (or people) she's sure he can use to occupy his time. Because that's what she believes he's doing, using her. Being kind when he's here, but wanting to leave as soon as he gets the chance.

Realizing she was silent for quite a while, the young woman finally speaks up, trying her best to make her face as emotionless as possible "I'm fine." She finally looks up at him, only now noticing the door handle attached to his hand. "What the fuck happened?" She questions, standing up and rushing over to him. Sure, she isn't normally one to swear, but her distant soulmate just showed up, lying to her, and has a door handle stuck to him. She deserves a vulgar word or two.

Mood: Happy
Sun Bao
Interaction: Karube ( Lurker Lurker )
images (1).jpg
Just as Karube had pointed out Sun turned to see the girl dashing off. Sucking in a bit of air through his teeth he couldn't but have one thought, Ouch that had to hurt. Karube's attempt at cheering up Nicolai was a valiantly one yet did not bode well. It actually gave Sun a bit of second hand embarrassment for the guy. Maybe it was best if Karube didn't meet his soulmate yet. He would need a bit of coaching or Sun feared he was going to make an absolute fool of himself. Looking at Nicolai's face he could tell it was a fake one. The guy was doing his best and soldering on. He now had a new respect for the man and it was probably for the best if he had a second by himself to clear up his mind. He watched Nicolai walk away for a moment before realizing that the guy had left his walking stick behind.

Walking over to where Karube was standing Sun knelt down and picked up the walking stick. Turning to Karube he gave him another smile. "Well lets head back to our room then. Unless of course you want to go after your soulmate? We can drop this off by Nicolai's room later and check up on him. " He held up the walking stick as he spoke. "I still need to unpack my own stuff anyway. Oh yeah what side of the room did you take anyway?" he questioned. He didn't really have any preference for which side he wanted which is why he ultimately left the choice up to his roommate. that was if Karube had even chosen a side yet. Considering the computer and other stuff he had brought with him Sun would be surprised if Karube hadn't chosen a side yet.

Guyden

Location | Outside Girls' Dorm Side Entrance Mentions |@MasterJuannMood | Flustered
Guyden looked back at girl to see a smile grace her face, and the expression kept his eyes glued on her. A crease formed between his brow as she started to explain the thread and the concept of soulmates. That couldn't be right. It sounded like something out of a fairytale. Why would his parents even approve of this school? Another measure to control him?

His eyes followed her hand as she displayed the tattoo on her wrist, explaining what it meant. Lo and behold, there was the first words he had said to her just moments ago, inked into her wrist. His mind spun with questions. Surely, that wasn't a uncommon phrase, and someone was bound to have put it on their body, but the coincidence was perplexing. When she mentioned the tingle, he noted that his wrist did feel itchy. Glancing down at it, the crease formed between his brow once more, a quiet grunt escaping him as he stared at the words that decorated his skin.

'Having fun? ' it read. It was then that he was mildly convinced the theatrics may not have been a ploy, and perhaps the dramatic notion of soulmates might have merit. But how could he go his whole life not knowing? His parents were not a very loving couple, but hearing them say they weren't "soul mates" had always seemed like a roundabout way of saying they weren't together for love. Now he had to rethink a lot of his past, and even his idea of love.

"So..." he started, glancing at the thread that attached their pinkies, "we just...know?" He asked incredulously. He had always assumed he'd meet a girl one day, get to know her, and maybe fall in love. Most likely his parents wouldn't approve, but he would ignore their complaints like with everything else in his life. He had never envisioned just...knowing. And what did soul mates really even mean? It's not like he had experienced love at first sight, or something. His eyes traveled to her face, and despite the skepticism he held, his face did soften. She seemed sweet enough, having taken the time to explain it all. She seemed comfortable and confident, and while he wasn't one to judge off appearances, he would guess she was likely someone enjoyable to hang around. Was he supposed to love her? Although the idea of being in love felt foreign, he did feel his heart beat a bit faster at the thought. It was as he was ogling her that he realized he hadn't introduced himself.

"Forgive me, this is all new," he said, clearing his throat and glancing away to hide his embarrassment. He struggled to find the right words for the occasion, "uh, let's start with names. I'm Guyden," he said, extending his hand out to her.

TEMPLATE © BOKEH

Last edited:
Arthur

Tags: Desert_Blossom Desert_Blossom Lurker Lurker Dante Verren Dante Verren

np06Tfth_400x400.jpg

When the mysterious boy confronted Arthur about being a trickster, Arthur initially denied it, worried that the boy could be planning to turn him in. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Arthur replied. Then Arthur noticed an approving look on the boy’s face. Perhaps Arthur has found a fellow trickster, a partner in crime. Only time will tell. One of the joys of pulling pranks is bragging about it to someone. Rosalyn doesn’t seem like the type, she’s beautiful but not fun. Maybe getting her involved with pranks would be a good way to deal with her anger. She might be constantly mad because she has repressed frustrations over how boring her life is. Gluing someone’s hand to a door handle might be too far as an introduction prank for her, but he’ll figure out something easy that she’ll have fun with. Arthur thought about how lucky she was to have a soulmate who was willing to go to such lengths to help her with her deficiencies.

Then Arthur realized that he was starring off in thought in front of this fan. “I do what I can. Someone has to bring fun to this boring school. The name’s Arthur.” He says as he extends a hand. “Don’t worry, my hand isn’t crazy glued. I wouldn’t want to be glued to you for the rest of my life.” Arthur said with an unintended chuckle. “I’m going to see which person will have the honor of taking part in my first prank. You can join me if you wish.” Arthur says, he prefers to think that his victims aren’t actually victims, but part of the prank experience, albeit the least desirable part.

Arthur pretended to be looking at his phone while he hungout near the girl’s dorm entrance. He was surprised when he saw a boy grab the girls door handle. Arthur was actually glad, if he could pick anyone to lose a hand opening a door, it would be this fool who had previously been hitting on his girl. This was clearly a sign that he and Rosalyn were destined to be together. What other explanation is there for why this fool happened to be the one to get caught.

Arthur couldn’t help but laugh at the moron’s surprise when getting his hand stuck. When he managed to break the door to get free, Arthur’s joy was diminished, until he realized that the fool would have to walk around with a door handle for an arm. Normally people would have to talk to him first to realize what a moron he is, having the door handle as a hand will let everyone know about his lack of intelligence before he even opens his mouth. Arthur had never actually talked to the boy and has no idea about his intelligence. His disdain is purely because the boy was hitting on his woman. Every school has a villain that everyone hates and clearly this boy is it.

• PaperGhosts PaperGhosts
    character sheet|face claim

Gene couldn't help but stare at the furrowing of his brows and be just a little intrigued by his reactions, like she was watching a baby figure out a puzzle for the first time. Her smirk grew a little wider with amusement, and she glanced away while clearing with throat into her arm, not wanting to be too obvious for his sake. They just met; she doubted it was a nice thing to be laughed at by your soulmate, even if she wasn't doing it with ill intentions.

At his question, she shrugged and nodded. "Yeah, we just know."

When he didn't continue, Genesis was about to add her own input on the situation--clueless or not, she didn't intend on pursuing a relationship with her soulmate for a multitude of reasons. Not all of them were ones she felt were appropriate to share, but the main reason was: she didn't believe in blindly following a fate laid out for her. In the first place, she doesn't find this soulmate string to be a definitive answer to relationships, when love itself was really a choice and not some involuntary swirl of emotions. She wouldn't mind having a friendship, but moving forward with romance wasn't appealing so soon.

...but, then she realized that he was staring at her with that same earlier expression, and she seriously couldn't help herself.

"My eyes are up here," she said, her smile growing a little wider. When he extended his own hand, she took it in hers for a short couple of shakes, and then slipped back into her large pockets.

"I'm Genesis, nice to meet you."

So, he must be from a high status family, or at least an extremely formal one. Meeting people their age at school was always something casual, and handshakes were usually something formal; that must be what he's used to, then. His demeanor and the fact that he was wearing a uniform were also tips, the latter being from her own unfortunate experience.

Ugh, her father would definitely eat that shit up. The image of him contacting Guyden's parents and inviting them all for dinner was already sending shivers down her spine. She'll have to keep it to herself.

Last edited:

• Nicolai laid there for a solid few seconds, wallowing in his self-loathing before he remembered he'd bumped into someone. You need to apologize Nic. Also, you can't let a stranger see you like this. Just put on your best smile, laugh it off and when you get back to your room you can play out your sadness. Having come to terms with his best course of action, he heard the voice from someone above him. "I'm sorry, I didn't see you there. Are you hurt?" Her voice was soft and pleasant to hear. Honestly, that alone brought about a small smile as Nicolai sat up. Suddenly he felt a hand run through his hair. Oh, she was reaching out to help me. He noticed how soft her skin was, she definitely took care of herself, but Nicolai couldn't sit there and analyze her via touch very long, not without seeming like a creep.

He reached up and grabbed her hand and unsteadily got to his feet. "Physically, I'm about as okay as I ever am." He smiled towards the voice. "I'm sorry as well. I wasn't looking where I was going. Not that I ever can." He let out a small laugh before straightening himself out. "My name's Nicolai." He said with a small bow. "And you are?" The boy was trying his best to keep the conversation away from why he was running or what had just happened. Just push the conversation forward and try your best not to let your thoughts catch up. He told himself while doing everything in his power to hold it together and not just vent to a random stranger in his moment of weakness.
    Desert_Blossom Desert_Blossom

Rosalyn Wilder

Rosalyn feared the worst when the boy didn't react right away when she offered her hand. First she slapped Arthur and now she'd accidentally broken this boy by running into him. Just great. Her time at Manchester Academy might be over quicker than it began if she was expelled for violence. Though this incident wasn't entirely her fault.

Just as Rose opened her mouth to ask again if the boy was alright, he suddenly sat up, seemingly oblivious to the hand she was extending. As such, her hand wasn't met by his hand, but rather his hair- the movement of him sitting up causing Rose's fingers to slip through his locks gently. The strawberry blonde froze, surprised and embarrassed by this unforeseen outcome. If anyone had walked by in this moment it would fully look like she was petting this guy. And while his hair was very soft and pet-able, that was not her intention!

Coming to her senses, Rosalyn was about to pull her hand away, when the guy finally reached up and took it with his own. Recovering quickly, Rosalyn helped pull him up to his feet, putting out her other hand to catch him when he seemed a little unsteady at first. Once upright, the dark haired boy replied that he was alright, and smiled at Rose, well, almost at Rose. The boy was looking in her general direction, but was off by a few degrees.

Rosalyn frowned a little, starting to sense that something was a little off in their interaction. Between him not seeing her hand earlier and now not looking directly at her... Rosalyn's gaze lifted to the boy's eyes and she tilted her head, studying him for a moment. Oh, was he blind?!

Nicolai's next comment about not being able to look where he was going confirmed Rosalyn's suspicions, and all the awkward moments now made more sense. Rosalyn let out an involuntary laugh of relief, now finding humor in the accidental petting scene from moments before. That explains it!

"Oh, good! I'm glad you aren't hurt." Rosalyn replied, trying to stifle her inappropriate laughter. "I'm so sorry for messing up your hair, I didn't realize you couldn't see my hand." She said, resisting the urge to pat down his ruffled locks. She'd messed with his hair enough as it was.

Nicolai's gentlemanly bow paired with his introduction amused Rosalyn, finding it a refreshing contrast to her greeting from Arthur. "Nice to meet you, I'm Rosalyn." She replied, regaining her composure and reflexively offering a smile, before realizing that he couldn't see her expression anyways.

Leaning down to pick up her toppled suitcase, Rosalyn recalled how upset the boy had looked a few moments earlier. "It looked like you were having about as good of a morning as I was." She commented, not wanting to pry any further though. Rosalyn cherished her own privacy, so she wasn't going to impose on anyone else's. "I suppose crashing into you hasn't helped improve it much. Sorry." She added, finally brushing off the back of her skirt from when she'd fallen.

Awkward> Amused

Boy’s Hallway

nine lives

• filler

Erika nodded and smiled lightly. For now, it seemed like they'd get along. She really hoped so. Erika looked over the rest of her stuff. All that was left to put together was just little things, otherwise it was pretty much how she wanted it to look. "Oh, before I forget, I'm a pretty big night owl and I usually read late into the night. Would that bother you? I have a little book light, but it's pretty dim and I'd also make sure that it wouldn't point towards you also," she explained. If it'd annoy Jeanne, she'd still read. But just under her blankets as if she was 6 again trying to hide how late she was up from her grandparents. She has heard about the library here and she really wanted to check it out. For both the books and to also find the perfect study spot. Maybe even a reading spot also. She was kind of picky though, so she should probably just focus on. She glanced at her phone momentarily and saw that she should probably wait to visit the library, as orientation was going to start soon. She hoped that she'd see her soulmate again, maybe it'd be a better interaction? Maybe she should go after him....maybe....but probably not. She's too nervous to try that, especially after he ran away the first time.

Erika King

yooo what up

♡coded by uxie♡

Jin

Location | Campus, Front CourtyardMentions | Like-A-Moss Like-A-Moss Mood | Confused

Despite the darker thoughts that had come up, he couldn't help but smile at her laugh. Her cheeks were flushed with excitement. Akira felt so...alive, full of warmth. The kind he always sought. It made sense, though. She was supposed to be his other half, so it shouldn't have come as a surprise that she was everything he was drawn to. He smiled knowingly as she commented on his birthname, not concerned in the slightest. It was why he had started going by Jin when he moved to Europe.

His eyes traveled to his belongings when she offered assistance. He had completely forgotten where he was, his bags and dorm room the last thing on his mind. He laughed lightly, "Right. Yeah, that would be--"

He was cut short by a loud chirp, eyes growing wide as he turned to find the source. A small white fox sat watching them some feet away. A noise caught in his throat, and Jin's head tilted ever so slightly as he studied the creature. This had to be another supernatural being, like Akira. There was no way a winter fox would be anywhere near this locale.

"You...all right?" He asked, still baffled by the appearance of the creature.

TEMPLATE © BOKEH

• filler

Akira turned towards the noise and let out a small gasp of excitement. She walked over towards the fox, not yet realizing she had let go of Jin's hand in the process. "You're a kitsune, right? I've never actually met one before!" she exclaimed. She made sure to stay a bit away so they'd be able to turn into someone without her standing right above them. She had thought she'd once seen a kitsune with some of her family once, but was actually never able to find and meet them.
"I'm Akira, I'm a bakeneko," she explained, "I only have one tail, which I use as a belt mostly," she laughed lightly, "It actually saves a lot of money." She shook her head slightly as she rambled through her excitement. "Sorry, I'm just excited."
She figured it'd be kinda funny if the fox ended up not being a kitsune and was someones pet or something. And if they were, she'd be excited to have another like her here. As much as she got along with humans and other non-beastkin, it'd just be nice.

yooo what up

♡coded by uxie♡

• Mood: Happy
    Form: Cat​
    Finnabar Mac Canna
    Interaction: Arthur ( Superfly47 Superfly47 )
    375bdc6a98dd60fcee8520ad53d084fd.jpg
    Finnabar's grin grew into a larger smile as the boy... no as Arthur took credit for the act. This guy was going to be a riot, he had that sense around him that told him so. Extending his own hand he grabbed Arthur's and gave him a firm handshake. "I would hope you didn't have any on your hand. As my mam says, The best tricks are the ones where you don't get caught. Finnabar Mac Canna, it's a pleasure to meet ya." he said with a smile. Letting go of Arthur's hand he listened to his idea of going back and observing the results of the prank, it sounded fun but Finn really needed to find his room. "Bang on mate. I got to get my self settled in. Enjoy the fruits of your labor. I will catch you later."

After watching Arthur leave he would head out the same side entrance, tracking down where he had left his bag. Picking it up went through the same entrance he had been through before, ignoring what ever kind of mess was going on at the front entrance. Finally he found his room only to see that stuff had already been put inside. Seeing as how it would be rude to pick a side before his roommate got their he tossed his back into the center of the room and transformed back into the cat form. Walking over he hopped on top of his bag and curled into a ball. Waiting for who ever his roommate was going to be before actually picking a side to call his own.

gomzi 🌸fanbox開始 on Twitter.png
Anessa Watson
Feeling: Excited
Interacting With: animegirl20 animegirl20

"Nice to meet you, I'm Anessa. And it's fine, I wouldn't even mind if you let me sleep on the floor." she laughed, but it came to quick stop. "Ah, sorry, I'm quite awkward with new people." she held out her hand.

She was a bit surprised that her roommate looked so young. She thought her duties as the big sister was left behind at her orphanage, but it looked like it was coming back again. How old is she? 13? Wait, that's not the required age right? So, maybe 14?

• Nicolai listened as the girl burst into a small yet restrained fit of laughter. She may not have believed him if he said it, but he liked when people laughed at the silly situations he found himself in. Because it wasn't about the blindness itself they were laughing at, just the effect that his blindness had. These were two very different concepts. "I'm so sorry for messing up your hair. I didn't realize you couldn't see my hand." Her apology merely brought out a small chuckle from Nicolai.

"Eh, I'm sure that my hairstyle only matches a bit of how I'm feeling. So it should look fine." He joked while reaching up and patting down the little spikes of hair she'd created. "Rosalyn. That's a lovely name. Though I hope you don't mind if I call you Rose or Rosie. If you do mind, I'll refer to you as Rosalyn." He was enjoying the conversation thoroughly now. Honestly, it felt good to have a simple conversation after what he'd just gone through. "It looked like you were having about as good a morning as I was." Nicolai couldn't help but reflexively flinch at her comment.

"Yeah. Pretty rough day to be honest." Nicolai let out a sigh as he held up his right hand as if looking at the thread. "To learn that I not only have a soulmate, but that she may be completely disgusted by the idea of being with the blind guy, was a bit of a heavy shocker all in one." Nicolai lowered his hand as Rose followed up her comment. "To be honest, crashing into you may not have been great, but this chat means a great deal to me. So if anything, I want to thank you for colliding into me." He let out a laugh as he gave her another bow. "Now, is there anything I can do to help make your day? You mentioned yours wasn't going well either."

Rosalyn Wilder

Rosalyn watched as Nicolai patted down his hair and she nodded in response to his comment that it looked fine, before realizing that he wouldn't be able to see her agreement. "Yeah, it kinda looks good like that. A lot of people spend hours trying to achieve the very same style, believe it or not." She replied with a light chuckle.

"I don't mind Rose or Rosie. Only my parents or strangers really call me Rosalyn." The strawberry blonde said with a small shrug. "Do you prefer Nicolai, or Nico?" She asked in return, studying him for a moment to see which she thought suited him better.

Blue eyes caught Nicolai's flinch when the topic of the rough morning was brought up, but Rosalyn didn't comment on it. Her gaze instead followed his right hand as he held it up, a little confused at first until he mentioned his soulmate. Ah, the thread. Rosalyn reflexively looked down at her two threads and frowned. She'd almost forgotten about those during her conversation with Nicolai, but there they were. Still.

Rose's brows knit in concern when her new acquaintance mentioned that his soulmate might have been put off by his blindness. "Oh no, I... I'm sorry, that definitely is rough." She replied, unsure of what to say really. It sounded like her soulmate wasn’t the only one that deserved a slap. Rose thought she'd had a bad go of it with Arthur, but he'd not outright made her feel rejected at least. Objectified, yeah, but not rejected. Rosalyn wanted to know more about Nicolai's situation, but also was afraid of prying too much and upsetting the boy even more.

"Hopefully it was just a misunderstanding. I'm sure if she's your soulmate that it won't matter that you're blind." Rosalyn suggested, trying to be optimistic- a rare occurrence for her- rather than assume the worst. She didn’t want to crush Nicolai more with her thoughts on soulmates. "Maybe she was just as shocked to find out about the threads too?" She added, before the conversation turned to a bit of a lighter note.

Rose's cheeks flushed a little when Nicolai thanked her for crashing into him and bowed again, surprised that anyone would be thankful for something like that. Normally she'd have immediately tried to hide her face or look away, but it was refreshing to not need to keep a straight face all the time while with Nico. "Well, you're welcome then, I guess." Rosalyn replied with a sheepish smile. "I could have done without the falling part, but I suppose I'm glad to have run into you too..."

When Nicolai asked if there was anything he could do to help make her day better, Rosalyn glanced back in the direction of Arthur's room, thinking for a moment. "You can't cut threads by any chance, can you?" She asked, mostly in jest. "You're not the only one with soulmate problems." Rose sighed, her eyes narrowing at the words etched into her arm now. "I think someone got their lines crossed with me."

Relaxed

Boy’s Hallway

nine lives

• Kiroshiven Kiroshiven

Julia gawked slightly when he lifted the suitcase she was struggling to drag all this time with ease, as if it were full of feathers. Her hesitation quickly hurrying after him, though, guilty from seeing him carrying both her duffle bag and the suitcase now.

"A-ah, it's okay..! Sorry, I can carry one of them, really," she attempted, almost worriedly. At his question, she faltered some, although still hesitantly reaching out for at least one of her items.

"Oh, uh--well, I make clothes, so I brought some materials. I also brought some comics and merch that I like."

• Damn. He did make it worse. Nicolai walked off on his own and, fearing he would add insult to injury, Karube just watched him go. It was hard for the nerd to even imagine what that must be like. The only thing he could think was that if his soulmate just outright ran away from him like that he would probably die on the spot from embarrassment. Speaking of soulmates... Karube glanced back down at his thread. Nope. Absolutely not. Especially not now after seeing THAT.

Could Karube's new roommate read his mind? Sun's mention of soulmates snapped Karube out of his thoughts. "NO!" He hadn't meant to shout. "I mean. Nahhh I'm good. You know what I mean? Play it cool. That's how I roll." Do people even talk like that? God he should just stick to spending all of his time on the computer. This was a travesty. "Anyway. I took the side furthest from the door." Hopefully he wouldn't have to admit that he did that solely to avoid talking to people. "I can help you unpack though. I didn't have much. I already hooked up my computer and everything."

"Say."
    A thought occurred to him and he stopped as they were walking back up to the dorms together. "Do you have any idea what we're supposed to be doing? Like is there an orientation or anything? All I knew was to just show up here."

Talking to : Dante Verren Dante Verren

• mood

...shit

girl's dorm hallway

outfit

tags

oh darling, go buy a brain

Really? At this point, even a child would understand the point Remi is trying to make. I mean, even by this conversation, her soulmate should be aware that she isn't the kind of girl he wants to be around. It's obvious. Even to this point, all she's really done is disappoint him. Besides, he says he wants to get to know her? Ha. She's not pretending to be someone else for him. Not by a long shot. It's not like he wants to get to know the real her, which is shown by the look on his face. This is her. Defensive, impulsive, and just generally an ass. If he's upset by her now, lord help him if he ever actually got to know her.

For a few moments after his question, Remi just stares at the man she is "meant to be with". How did she not scare him off yet? That's kinda her whole thing, scaring people off. She must be losing her touch. Well that, or this guy was actually meant to be able to handle her personality. Yeah, right.

How is she supposed to ignore the stupid thread? The thing is the only reason he's talking to her in the first place. If they had just met, in a world without soulmates, it's very unlikely that these two would ever have a positive interaction. He's a knight for fucks sake! She would avoid him at all costs. Still, it feels wrong to just leave him hanging. He'll learn soon enough about her and she obviously can't convince him. So what's the harm in talking?

Lots. Lots of harm Remi. You are going to break him, then break yourself in the process.

"Red" She finally answers, debating on continuing on with her usual addition, like the blood of her enemies. Of course, the young woman only has two enemies. Her father and herself.

A voice coming in from the intercom interrupts her next thoughts "Students, orientation begins in ten minutes in the gymnasium"

nine lives

Sun Bao
Interaction: Karube ( Lurker Lurker )
images (1).jpg

Karube's mention of any kind of orientation jump started Sun's brain. They did in fact have an orientation to attend. Looking at the watch on his wrist he let out a sigh of releif. They weren't late for it or anything. "Thank you for reminding me Karube. We do have an orientation we need to go to. I'm expecting them to basically go over school rules and soulmate rules. It starts in about tenish minutes so we should probably start heading that way." Turning around he started heading off in the direction of the gym where he assumed the orientation was going to be held. "I will deal with unpacking later, and if you don't mind I will take you up on the offer to help unpack. It will go faster with an extra set of hands."

As he started to walkin the direction of the gymnasium his right hand started to unconsciously play with the thread. He was never the type to wear a ring before so having any kind of presences around his finger was a strange one and definitely not something he was used to yet. It wouldn't take too long to hopefully get used to it. Glancing back at Karube he gave his roommate a grin, "Make sure you keep that thing hidden, wouldn't want you to get in trouble" he said referring to the tucked away stun gun.

Guyden

Location | Outside Girls' Dorm Side Entrance Mentions |@MasterJuannMood | Flustered
As her hand found his, the words registered and the meaning dawned on him. His breath caught in his throat as mortification rose within him. She thought he was checking her out. Even if he wasn't, he felt immensely guilty for giving off the impression. He was so shell shocked that he didn't even follow through with the handshake, and let his hand fall limp out of hers. Guyden's jaw tightened as he internally berated himself for gawking. And then he remembered he needed to use words to clear up a misunderstanding. But how does a proper gentleman say 'no, I wasn't staring at your breasts' in a way that is actually convincing? He cleared his throat roughly, grappling at his guitar strap to occupy useless hands.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-that is, I wouldn't objectify-" he cut himself off, pursing his lips in consternation. This was not coming out the way he wanted. Taking a breath, he started again, "It's nice to meet you, Genesis. I...will be careful next time. Forgive me." He ended sheepishly, slapping himself mentally. Hopefully she would leave it at that and not think of him as a creep.

Grateful that she had at least still wanted to engage in conversation with him, he welcomed the distraction of his phone going off lest he continue to talk and make things worse.

"Excuse me," he said before reaching into his pants pocket. It was an alarm for a reminder that read, "Don't forget orientation!" His brow creased as he remembered that there was, in fact, such an event his mother had pestered him to attend. And he'd, as expected, forgotten all about.

"Shit," he groaned quietly, before remembering Genesis was standing right in front of him, to whom he shared a tight lipped smile. "I...may need to run. I have to drop off my bags before orientation." He suddenly was feeling the weight of his belongings as he glanced uneasily at his cellphone. He may be late if he went back to his dorm now.

TEMPLATE © BOKEH

• PaperGhosts PaperGhosts

"Bpff-"

The side of Genesis' fist quickly moved to cover her lips at his initial reaction, not having expected it to be so endearing. Okay, okay, she was being weird, definitely--she expected him to be a little taken off guard at first, but seeing it played out was way better than what had gone down in her mind.

When he started speaking, she really couldn't hold it--out came her short and joyful laughter, her hand leaving her face enough to be as expressive as she wanted. Her reaction was something you'd expect to be from an innocent joke, definitely not after toying with someone during their first conversation.

"Haha, no, I'm sorry--pff, I know you weren't, I was teasing-"

She waved her hand dismissively, hardly even acknowledging the orientation announcement. She collected herself not too long afterwards, although a wide smiled aftermath remained.

"..sorry about that," she repeated, although a part of her would probably do it all over again. "If you want, I can help you get your things over to your dorms."

• filler

Erika smiled softly and nodded. Jeanne seemed like a really easy person to get along with. She took out the little map to look at the layout of the campus, as she wanted to go the library. She had heard it was really big, and figured that it'd be a lot better than the library at home. She saw that everything was all reletively close together, which would be nice if it was rainy or cold out. "I'm going to go check out the library. I'll see you later Jeanne," she said and smiled as she put her cardigan back on and started walking back. For now, she wanted to avoid the boys dorm, as she really didn't want her soulmate to run away again. She walked past a few people meeting their own soulmates, and hoped it was going better for them. Well, they were talking...so I guess it kind of was already. She was on her way when she heard the announcement going over the speakers, guess she'll have to visit the library later. A part of her wished she'd stayed at her dorm, then her and Jeanne could've gone together, but she knew she'd have to get used to going to new places by herself. So she made her way to go to orientation

Erika King

yooo what up

♡coded by uxie♡

• Nicolai listened to Rosie with a content expression. He only could guess her expression from her words and they tone of her voice, but he could sense that she was trying to help him. He could hear a bit of embarrassment in her voice as they spoke of their collision. "Yeah, sorry about that again." He awkwardly scratched at the back of his head. A natural smile sneaking onto his face as he listened. Honestly, just like with his soulmate, he just liked listening to her voice.

As she mentioned cutting threads he sighed. "Nope. Even if I could," he gave her a beaming smile. "Might accidentally cut a finger. I'd hate to hurt someone as amazing as you." He felt a bit of color rush to his cheeks as he realized the words he just said. His mind moving at a thousand miles a minute as he recomposed himself only catching her mentioning that someone got their lines crossed. "Honestly, I'd believe it. If we're getting along better with each other than our soulmates....." His words trailed off as he couldn't finish his sentence. What was I going to say there? That maybe WE were supposed to be together? You just creeped out one girl don't do it again.|

Thankfully for Nico, the intercomm announced that the orientation would be starting soon. "Oh crap. And you still have to get your bag to your room." A little panicked because he didn't want to end the conversation but didn't want to hold her up he shook himself. "So, do you want to head to orientation together? I could meet you outside the front door of the girls' dorm." He realized he was being a little bit overbearing, at least by his standards and took a deep breath. "I mean, if you want to. Otherwise, I'm sure I can find Sun and Karube."

IMG_20210108_141342.jpg
Lucas Anderson
Feeling: Panicky
Interacting With: Kiroshiven Kiroshiven (this is such a late reply oml)

Lucas was lying in his bed, head on the bed frame. He was listening to his playlist, mind wandering.

After a while, he heard a voice. Since he had his earphones on, he could only hear parts of it. "Students... 10 minutes... Gymnasium..."

Hm, that's probably orientation. Alright, I'm heading out.

He got up, leaving his music in his ears. He got out of the room, taking his time to get out of the building. Just as he took one step out, he noticed his thread was connected to a girl sitting right outside the dorm.

Holy- that's my- that's my soulmate isn't it? Shit, she's right there. What do I do? Run away to the gymnasium? You'll probably see her there, but atleast you can stall the... confrontation.

He silently stepped out until he bolted to the gym.This was such a dumb idea, agh, can't back out now, she's watching me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back