• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Malignant Powers (OOC)

Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Darth

spacefaring vagrant
This is a place to discuss ideas, questions, or anything else of that nature.

Here is some important information...

• This RP is intended to be centered around character interaction, hectic combat, and teamwork.
  • You will need to work together to overcome the many obstacles you will face on your crusade.
  • Note that recklessness may result in character death. *You are powerful, but you are not unkillable.
  • Character death will NOT result in expulsion, you may create new characters and continue the crusade where your fallen comrades left off.
  • All progress your characters make is persistent. The nature of your mission may change according to your actions.
IC Guide
The outcome of most actions will be determined by a D20. The likelihood of any action's success will be based on your character's ability scores and the difficulty level of the action. Each score has a corresponding modifier to stack up against the difficulty value.

Task DifficultyDifficulty Value
Very Easy5
Easy10
Medium15
Hard20
Very Hard25
Nearly Impossible30

Ability Score = Modifier
1 = -5
2-3 = -4
4-5 = -3
6-7 = -2
8-9 = -1
10-11 = +0
12-13 = +1
14-15 = +2
16-17 = +3
18-19 = +4
20-21 = +5
22-23 = +6
24-25 = +7
26-27= +8
28-29 = +9
30 = +10

Ability Checks

• To pass a check, roll a D20 based upon the corresponding skill then add the ability modifier.
  • If the combined value is higher than the difficulty value, you've passed the check.
  • Failure will result if the combined value is less than the difficulty value.
  • The level of difficulty for any action will be determined by the GM.
"I want to knock this enemy unconscious with my fists."
"My strength score is 14, and the difficulty class (DC) is Medium(15)
"I rolled a 13. That means my combined score is 13(D20 Roll) plus the modifier from my ability score, +2, which is 15."
"I have successfully passed the check.

Advantage and Disadvantages

• Your character might encounter a situation where they have an advantage.
  • This case will allow your character to roll 2 D20s.
  • Then you can use the highest score of both rolls.
  • Disadvantages work in the opposite fashion, requiring you to use the lowest of the rolls.
Helping a Character
  • Sometimes two characters can team up to accomplish something
  • The one with the highest ability modifier will roll with advantage.
Group Checks
  • Every character makes the corresponding ability check.
  • The group succeeds if half the group passes the check.
Hit Points
  • All characters have, by default, 8 hit points.
  • Your Constitution Modifier may add on additional hit-points. Any Constitution score below 10 will not provide a hit-point modifier.
  • Your character will lose a hit-point whenever they fail a saving throw.
Saving Throws
  • These throws are made if your character is in direct harm.
  • They are essentially ability checks, but failure results in the loss of a hit-point.
Death
  • Once a player hits 0 hit-points and fails the corresponding saving throw, the character will die.
~ Please feel free to ask questions

Darth Darth Well, without a squad to back him up his odds of surviving felt slim. Still have a couple of references saved that I could use in the event that Sephia dies but for now I wanted to avoid the possible hassle of introducing an NPC squad (IDK how that would work) or making a Scion that has a large enough pair of a adamantium balls to help storm enemy forces alongside space marines.

Decided to take a less khorney approach and go with the standard melee and pistol combo.

Darth Darth Well, without a squad to back him up his odds of surviving felt slim. Still have a couple of references saved that I could use in the event that Sephia dies but for now I wanted to avoid the possible hassle of introducing an NPC squad (IDK how that would work) or making a Scion that has a large enough pair of a adamantium balls to help storm enemy forces alongside space marines.
If my character dies I'll join your squad as a Scion.

Will get my CS up today.

Thinking of going Techmarine in the end, I'll keep my Mechanicus on the sideline, if we ever have need of him though!

Hey, would there be any issue if I switched to an apothecary? I figured maybe we could use a healer and since two other people either match or beat my perception I'm not providing as much stat wise and could be a charisma user since they're also the only class that gets such a bonus

Viper Actual Viper Actual oh definitely, walk in the park that kind of thing. We'll be back at the Station in time for tea and medals. And definitely without any mutations, injuries, corruption, heresy, demonic possession...

It's also not always standard. The Marines Malevolent usually don't and the Ultramarines had to do it a couple of times after the first company got nommed during the first tyrannic wars

Iron Hands (Soon to be my character once I finish the service record of the CS) have very little Terminator Armour, lost the vast majority of it in the Dropsite Massacre

Blood Angels had almost no one with Terminator Honors after they severally fucked up a Space Hulk mission. Plus, they sent a large portion of their chapter into it and got McFucked

If I could, I would play as Skitarii Tech Guard.
My pronouns are 01010100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01001111 01101110 01100101/01010100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01010101 01101110 01101001 01110100
Also, rad weapons.

What? No! There's absolutely nothing that could go wrong with sending a small team to a massive, abandoned ship.
For sure, y'all are the best of the best. Nothing horrid like the removal of limbs or the slow descent into madness could EVER happen to you. It'll be fine

Hey, would there be any issue if I switched to an apothecary? I figured maybe we could use a healer and since two other people either match or beat my perception I'm not providing as much stat wise and could be a charisma user since they're also the only class that gets such a bonus
For sure, you can switch, no problem with that. The team might be in need of such a healer anyway.

Also, while you will get to explore the family fun ship, there's more to see down on the planet below.

Alright, it's updated. I kind of already had a drafted version for it, so it was easy to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back